Author Topic: Recommend a Speaker  (Read 366936 times)

Offline maruzen

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #1530 on: May 02, 2011 at 09:00 PM »
Chief,

Try the Polk RTi A3's! If you can adjust your budget, it's worth the audition. It's just a little more adjustment to the budget, but really great in the long run.
I just got mine recently and I am definitely loving them.
Btw, contact Marc sa AVShop. He can prepare a great audi for you and give you a good deal!

thanks for the input sir, I am also eyeing this model :)

Come by the shop and compare the 2. Will be having a demo unit of the ma bx2 this week. We already have the Polk Rti series in stock. :)

thanks sir, will try to pass by your shop :)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1531 on: May 03, 2011 at 03:42 AM »
thanks for the input sir, I am also eyeing this model :)

thanks sir, will try to pass by your shop :)

You'll be amazed how the A3's will sound.....
Walang Setup

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #1532 on: May 03, 2011 at 01:59 PM »
Even if the speakers is 4ohms and 88db?

Yup. If you look at the impedance plot of these speakers, they don't look so bad. It doesn't get much lower than 4 ohms for any of the LSi models (capacitance also does not get THAT bad). There are many "8-ohm nominal" speakers that are in fact harder to drive (mostly higher end models).

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1533 on: May 03, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
Yup. If you look at the impedance plot of these speakers, they don't look so bad. It doesn't get much lower than 4 ohms for any of the LSi models (capacitance also does not get THAT bad). There are many "8-ohm nominal" speakers that are in fact harder to drive (mostly higher end models).

In your opinion sir, music wise A9 vs LSi 9? Which one is better?
Walang Setup

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1534 on: May 03, 2011 at 06:52 PM »
In your opinion sir, music wise A9 vs LSi 9? Which one is better?

For music, go for the Polk Audio LSi 9.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1535 on: May 03, 2011 at 09:48 PM »

I heard the LSi 9 produces great bass.... Kelan kaya mag kaka demo unit si sir Marc..
Walang Setup

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1536 on: May 03, 2011 at 09:52 PM »

Does the LSi 9 really need a very powerfull amp to sing? Is it ok kung receiver lang mag popower sa kanya? Maganda din kaya result? or Mas maganda ba pag dedicated power amp instead of receiver or a receiver will do?
Walang Setup

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1537 on: May 07, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
I purchased a Polk audio RTIa1 + T-amp (TA2020) for use with my desktop PC. I wanted to add my powered subwoofer (Mirage Omni s8) just for the heck of it. The thing is, the subwoofer manual gave me vague instructions on how to hook it up. I am clueless as to how I can achieve a 2.1 setup with my T-amp which only has a Left and Right speaker wire outputs.

Is this possible? Or do I have to purchase another 99999999999 peso AVR just to build up a 2.1 system consisting of my existing gears?

-Francis

I will post this question in the Recommend a subwoofer section too. Just in case.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011 at 01:12 PM by armymanhaha »
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #1538 on: May 07, 2011 at 04:20 PM »
Does the LSi 9 really need a very powerfull amp to sing? Is it ok kung receiver lang mag popower sa kanya? Maganda din kaya result? or Mas maganda ba pag dedicated power amp instead of receiver or a receiver will do?

I think a receiver capable of driving 4 ohm speakers will do it justice since those types of receivers would be mid-level or higher models. In AVShop I saw a movie demo of LSI 7's hooked up to an Onkyo 608 which was able to drive it quite loudly, though the 608 only has the capability for 6 ohm speakers.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline ivo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • meat is murder
  • Liked:
« Reply #1539 on: May 08, 2011 at 11:28 AM »

Sir, first time i got my LSi9s I hooked them up to an H/K AVR2550 Receiver, new from the box and no break in period yet it sounds so well with my CDs compared to a pair of QAcoustics 1030s and Diamond 8.3s. However, the sound was improved further when I used a 4ohm integrated amp with the LSi9s.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1540 on: May 08, 2011 at 08:05 PM »
Sir, first time i got my LSi9s I hooked them up to an H/K AVR2550 Receiver, new from the box and no break in period yet it sounds so well with my CDs compared to a pair of QAcoustics 1030s and Diamond 8.3s. However, the sound was improved further when I used a 4ohm integrated amp with the LSi9s.

Sir, care to share what your set up is with the LSi9s? I'm also considering this pair  ;)
Thanks so much...

Offline FrancisD

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1541 on: May 09, 2011 at 06:26 PM »
Do try good speakers with stereo amps. You will find that a good stereo budget amp just demolishes the high end receivers where music is concerned, actually even for movies in stereo mode.

The premise of simpler is better really reigns for audiophile use.  Chip amps, T-Amps, Nelson Pass design and actually tubes have very simple designs - these results in lesser impact on the music signal. With audiophile grade components - the lesser the components (and wire distance) - the better :)

Offline xtian_lugz

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1542 on: May 13, 2011 at 01:34 PM »
Do try good speakers with stereo amps. You will find that a good stereo budget amp just demolishes the high end receivers where music is concerned, actually even for movies in stereo mode.

The premise of simpler is better really reigns for audiophile use.  Chip amps, T-Amps, Nelson Pass design and actually tubes have very simple designs - these results in lesser impact on the music signal. With audiophile grade components - the lesser the components (and wire distance) - the better :)

I totaly agree bro! ;) simpler the better always.. :) me im trying to cut some stuff in my signal chain.. That makes me love integrateds why? Only 1 pair of IC's and a pair of speaker cables..
just: source->int amp->speakers->heaven... ;D It always sound better for me that way.. I never use anything that would get into my chain.. Even fuse sa amp i bypassed it coz my speaker have one already so i dont need another..
In God we trust!

Offline ivo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • meat is murder
  • Liked:
« Reply #1543 on: May 13, 2011 at 02:48 PM »
Sir, care to share what your set up is with the LSi9s? I'm also considering this pair  ;)
Thanks so much...

Hello Louie_18,

I'm using an Onkyo A-9755 bi-wired to the LSi9s. LSi9s are on a pair of Sabre stands about a foot and a half from the back wall and about a couple of feet from the side walls angled 25 degrees inward to the sweet spot :)

I have an Onkyo CD player, a SL-1200 MK3, and Onkyo Ipod dock hooked to the A-9755 but primarily I use the MK3 as source with either a SHure m97xe, an Ortofon 2M red, or the ol' M447.

Hope this helps.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #1544 on: May 13, 2011 at 03:08 PM »
I totaly agree bro! ;) simpler the better always.. :) me im trying to cut some stuff in my signal chain.. That makes me love integrateds why? Only 1 pair of IC's and a pair of speaker cables..
just: source->int amp->speakers->heaven... ;D It always sound better for me that way.. I never use anything that would get into my chain.. Even fuse sa amp i bypassed it coz my speaker have one already so i dont need another..

I think Adcoms have fuses sa speaker outs to protect it sa mga short. Yung speakers might get protected by an overcurrent scenario kung meron fuse yung speaker, but that does not protect the amp from short circuits.

Offline xtian_lugz

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1545 on: May 13, 2011 at 03:58 PM »
Yup your actually correct but i made sure that the connections are secured and safe para walng short na mangyari doble ingat din which i really am.. I dont change speakers at all so i make all the connections only once unless i need to.. :) also i have other amp in case i want to try somthing els.. But for me cutting out the fuse in the path makes a lot of difference.. Like my MF A1 classic it does not have fuse sa speaker out..Very minimalist design..
In God we trust!

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1546 on: May 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM »
Hello Louie_18,

I'm using an Onkyo A-9755 bi-wired to the LSi9s. LSi9s are on a pair of Sabre stands about a foot and a half from the back wall and about a couple of feet from the side walls angled 25 degrees inward to the sweet spot :)

I have an Onkyo CD player, a SL-1200 MK3, and Onkyo Ipod dock hooked to the A-9755 but primarily I use the MK3 as source with either a SHure m97xe, an Ortofon 2M red, or the ol' M447.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info ivo  :)
Great set up with great digital amplifier  :o

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1547 on: May 17, 2011 at 02:03 PM »
recommend a speaker?

Yun gawa ni anthony.. A Audio... you cant go wrong.. tell him what you want, he's gonna give it...
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1548 on: May 20, 2011 at 02:18 PM »
For an 80K budget what bookshelf(di na kasya FS sa area) for left and right front and center speakers would you buy to be used mainly for movies around 70% and only 30% for music?  ;D

Hindi ito para sakin, hehehe  ;D

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1549 on: May 20, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
For an 80K budget what bookshelf(di na kasya FS sa area) for left and right front and center speakers would you buy to be used mainly for movies around 70% and only 30% for music?  ;D

Hindi ito para sakin, hehehe  ;D

defensive agad si master louie  ;D
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1550 on: May 20, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
defensive agad si master louie  ;D

Hehehe...
Hindi naman master Patrick, nangunguna lang  ;D

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1551 on: May 20, 2011 at 06:18 PM »
Updated pricing.
Infinity Primus

Primus 152 - 9.5k (4 pairs left)
Primus 162 - 12.5k (3 pairs left)
Primus 252 - 18.5k (1 pair left)
Pc250 - 8k (4 pcs left)
Ps210 sub - 17.5k (3 units left)

Monitor Audio

BRONZE BX SERIES
BX1 - 11.2K
BX2 - 14.8K
BX5 - 29.5K
BX6 - 39.5K
BX Centre - 9.5k
BXFX - 15K
BXW10 - 25K

SILVER RX SERIES
RX1 - 25.5K
RX2 - 31.5K
RX6 - 47.5K
RX8 - 63.5K
RX CENTER - 19K
RXFX - 31K
RXW12 - 48K

KLIPSCH REFERENCE

RB10 - 10.5K
RB51 - 12.5K
RB61 - 16K
RC10 - 7.5K
RC52 - 11K
RC62 - 15K
RF10 - 19.5K
RF52 - 26K
RF62 - 30K
RF63 - 70K

JBL VENUE
voice
stage
balcony
sub 12
package price of 64k

JBL NORTHRIDGE
es10
es25c
es80
es250p
package price of 87k

Come and check out the different speakers. :)

SHOP IS LOCATED AT UNIT 303 AMAREMCA BLDG, 107A KALAYAAN AVENUE, DILIMAN, QUEZON CITY. TEL NO. 216-1948 OR 435-3210. :)

Offline Daiguru

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1552 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 01:03 AM »
hi! i am also a freshman.. i just want to ask.... i have pioneer amplifier model a-717. i dont know and i dont have any idea what kind of speaker ang puede ko gamitin sa ampli ko... what is the best match for this?
i also have pioneer vsa-d8tx home theater amp. anu po ba ang mag match sa home theatyer amp ko?

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #1553 on: Jun 12, 2011 at 07:04 AM »
hi! i am also a freshman.. i just want to ask.... i have pioneer amplifier model a-717. i dont know and i dont have any idea what kind of speaker ang puede ko gamitin sa ampli ko... what is the best match for this?
i also have pioneer vsa-d8tx home theater amp. anu po ba ang mag match sa home theatyer amp ko?

Your Pioneer 717 is rated at 100 watts/channel. It could drive any of the speakers just featured above.

LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline FrancisD

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1554 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
Is there any speaker out there that sounds like a sonus faber? And those that are affordable. Have auditioned Usher, a bit on the expensive side, but its not there yet. Tried Wharfedale and Monitor Audios - sound is different.

Sonus sound is quite mellow (like tubes) but quite detailed and very musical.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1555 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 09:08 AM »
Is there any speaker out there that sounds like a sonus faber? And those that are affordable. Have auditioned Usher, a bit on the expensive side, but its not there yet. Tried Wharfedale and Monitor Audios - sound is different.

Have you listened to PSB speakers? Your description of mellow but detailed makes me think of the PSB Image line, though I have not heard Sonus Faber speakers.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2011 at 09:10 AM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #1556 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM »

Usher is only your best bet for me.  ;)

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #1557 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 01:41 PM »

Here for you a S$1.5k speaker inclusive of door to door delivery. Same Italian sound and beauty as the Sonus.

Chario Academy One

http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/398chario/index.html

LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline Daiguru

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1558 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 09:22 PM »
 :) mga bro anu ba maganda ipares sa pioneer vsa-d8tx ko na 5.1? any suggestion? kelangan ba pareho ng brand ang center, front, & rear speakers?

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1559 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM »
:) mga bro anu ba maganda ipares sa pioneer vsa-d8tx ko na 5.1? any suggestion? kelangan ba pareho ng brand ang center, front, & rear speakers?

For best results all 5 or 7 speakers excluding the subwoofer should be of the same brand and model series. Though some people don't do so either due to budget constraints or some other reason.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60