Author Topic: Sharp Aquos  (Read 30541 times)

Offline Fait

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharp Aquos
« Reply #90 on: Apr 22, 2007 at 04:19 PM »
Just for the record, How much is the ff just for me to keep track of the prices for Aquos. ;)

32 and 37" BX6M
32 and 37" BX5M
32 and 37" PX5M
32 and 37" PX6M ( may ganito ba? hehe)

TIA!

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #91 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 12:12 PM »
I auditioned the latest (according to the rep) Sharp LCD's (piano finish) last Saturday. Forgot lang to write the model  :( pero it was selling at 69,900 (zero interest 12 mths) they have the older version pa which the rep told me he can give for 54k + (this model does not have PIP). I think this model is better as compared to the latest Bordeaux when playing Matrix Reloaded, although kapag slow moving movie halos pareho lang (but again I am not a guru in these things  ;) ). If only they can offer premium items and longer terms to make them competitive. Ang most significant selling point according to the rep is their Japan Panel  ;).
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2007 at 12:13 PM by vtec3 »

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #92 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 06:44 PM »
@paolorenzo:

Are the BX6M available here already? And how much did they price it on 37" and 32"?

Sorry, wasn't able to take note of the prices.  Basta alam ko is it's more expensive, and whatever the added features were (contrast ratio probably), it didn't merit the additional cost.  So I dropped the BX6M from my list almost immediately.

...they have the older version pa which the rep told me he can give for 54k + (this model does not have PIP).

You're probably referring to the AX5M series.  No PIP, 1HDMI, no PC input.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 08:05 PM »
Sorry, wasn't able to take note of the prices.  Basta alam ko is it's more expensive, and whatever the added features were (contrast ratio probably), it didn't merit the additional cost.  So I dropped the BX6M from my list almost immediately.
Im dropping the 37BX6M too, it didn't pass my taste comparing it to 37PX5M.

Now, my choices boils down to 32V200A, R81B and 37PX5M. :D

Help me przzzz! My primary concern is to use it as a Monitor. :)

Offline Ripley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 09:27 AM »
Sharp 37PX5M  P99,998.00 (0% int) sa Abenson's Cool Summer giveaways with free bracket..

Offline agwe

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • über-techie
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 10:48 PM »
i saw the 32PX5M at ansons in front of podium today and i was really impressed. IMHO, it's much better than samsung r81, given the same price 69995.

2 hdmi inputs
6000:1 contrast ratio
6ms refresh rate
japanese panel

and the guy said he could give it to me for 58k cash.  with virtually zero haggling.  i just said how much pag cash, and then he asked the manager. hmmmm

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 01:35 AM »
@ paolorenzo

sir ano best settings pag dvd(movie) ang gamit? since pareho tayo ng aquos...just curious baka meron ok na tweaks settings, btw im using pio DV-490 attached to hdmi, pansin ko lang kse pag widescreen movie yung naka play meron half an inch na black bars sa ibaba ng screen, normal ba na hindi talaga occupied yung whole screen kahit na widescreen format na movie? or meron ako need to configure para totally ma occupy yung screen? so far ito lang napansin ko.

update review:
base sa mga nabasa ko dito sa forum regarding sa lcd panel, laking tulong!, hindi naman po ako ganon ka-professional when it come to video, ang masasabi ko lang for 1 week using of aquos 37BX5M, THE BEST TALAGA! kahit cable broadcast ganda rin ng output basta straight cable papuntang main source ang ganda ng signal nyan.

thanks and more power to PinoyDvd

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Apr 28, 2007 at 09:02 AM »
@ paolorenzo

sir ano best settings pag dvd(movie) ang gamit? since pareho tayo ng aquos...just curious baka meron ok na tweaks settings, btw im using pio DV-490 attached to hdmi, pansin ko lang kse pag widescreen movie yung naka play meron half an inch na black bars sa ibaba ng screen, normal ba na hindi talaga occupied yung whole screen kahit na widescreen format na movie? or meron ako need to configure para totally ma occupy yung screen? so far ito lang napansin ko.

Depende sa time of watching.  My family room is well lighted kasi, so I tend to use Dynamic often (and meron pa ako USER settings na mas maliwanag pa -- 8 yata setting nung backlight, 30 for brightness).  I rarely use Movie setting kasi sobrang dilim, I often lose a lot of picture details.

Normal yung half-inch black bars.  Hindi 16:9 yung ratio nung widescreen movie.  There's a separate thread on 2:35:1 widescreen ratio.

Glad to know you're loving your Aquos.  So am I.   ;D

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2007 at 10:14 AM »
Any idea where I can get the WinXP drivers for my Aquos LC-37BX5M?  Wala pa ako time to surf extensively, baka sakali meron na kayo dyan?  All I'm using now is the generic Plug N Play Monitor driver of Windows.  All Sharp websites aren't very helpful either.

Appreciate any help on this.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2007 at 12:46 PM »
Any idea where I can get the WinXP drivers for my Aquos LC-37BX5M?  Wala pa ako time to surf extensively, baka sakali meron na kayo dyan?  All I'm using now is the generic Plug N Play Monitor driver of Windows.  All Sharp websites aren't very helpful either.

Appreciate any help on this.

Approached Sharp support by email.  Wala pala talaga WinXP drivers needed.  :-\

Quote from: SHARP (PHILS.) CORPORATION
Dear Sir,

Good morning!

In reference to your inquiry, SHARP LC-37BX5M is a plug n play monitor. Once you connect your desktop or laptop computer on the LCD TV, the unit automatically detects the signal from your computer, thus, no need for any driver. Please refer to your operation manual for the list of resolution because there are some high resolution set-up that are not compatible with our SHARP LCD TV.

If you have further inquiries, you may contact us at (02) 807-9184.

Thank you for patronizing our LCD TV product.

Best regards,
RONALD RENDON
Service Engineering Section
SHARP (PHILS.) CORPORATION
Phone : 8421371 Loc. 512
Direct Line : 8079184
[email protected]

Offline manilabynight

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm not so new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2007 at 09:47 AM »
i saw the 32PX5M at ansons in front of podium today and i was really impressed. IMHO, it's much better than samsung r81, given the same price 69995.

2 hdmi inputs
6000:1 contrast ratio
6ms refresh rate
japanese panel

and the guy said he could give it to me for 58k cash.  with virtually zero haggling.  i just said how much pag cash, and then he asked the manager. hmmmm

Yes. I originally was gong to buy the samsung r81 but when the tech guy at abensons cubao (old) rustans informed me that sharp had just released the 32px5m model on sale, i suddenly changed my mind. I went to automatic center at rustans gateway since they had one on display and compared and tested side by side with the samsung. I agree that the sharp scored better. This model also comes bundled with a free 32" inch crt tv.

I got two panels. One for myself and the other for my brod in law but he got the new promo from LG, a LG-32LC3R. I think this is another brand that one should look into since the specs are very good. Display was clear and nice. Design wise it uses the same design as the Philips - double panels with tempered glass protecting the  lcd panel, most lcd tv's will exhibit a streaking phenomena whenever you run your finger and apply pressure across the screen. The LG and Philips is protected with a double tempered glass panel to prevent this. Good if you have plenty of kids around and don't intend to wall-mount your unit. The LG uses a DCDI-Faroudja chip which is the best chip for upscaling and video manipulation and is used in the more expensive a/v amplifiers such as denon. This unit comes with a free 10 cu ft 2 door frost free ref if you buy cash price or thru straight payment with your card.

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2007 at 10:37 AM »
Sharp fans,

I'm looking to buy my first LCD TV (hopefully this week) and have so far narrowed by choice down to these 2 LCDs.

-- Sharp Aquos 37PX5M (95T Cash at Western Megamall) -- Japan Panel daw accoriding to salesman (how true?)
-- Samsung 37R81B (not sure how much though)

Which you do think is better?

Thanks
Runner10
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007 at 11:07 AM by runner10 »

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2007 at 05:58 PM »
...i been using my aquos 37BX5M for almost 2 1/2 week from now...so far when it comes to picture quality, for me its the best! during day 1 medyo parang may napansin ako stranged sound coming from the back of my LCD...its like a "CLICKING SOUND" cguro i think every 20sec after my lcd was turning off...since my first ever lcd tv, hindi ko pinansin kse akala ko effect yon pag nag cool down na yung lcd after use, tapos every weekend ko pa sya nagagamit, kaya lang everytime na ginagamit ko sya hindi nawawala yung clicking sound...and then after 2 weeks i called-up sharp para to check it out kung ano problema...well yesterday sharp personel visit my place and then narinig niya yung clicking sound ng lcd...after nya i-check yung unit sabi nya tawagan ko daw sya tomorrow kase iinform nya sa talagang technician yung mga napansin nya ??? tapos kanina i already talked to technician regarding nga sa problema ko...and he had to many things to consider like:
1) "baka daw sa pagkaka-wall mount" (my answer is: may 18, ko nabili yung unit and since day 1 narinig ko na sya...last sunday ko lang ginawa yung wall mount...so basically hindi sa wall mount)
2) "baka daw sa ilaw na blue light flourescent na naka lagay sa likod" (my answer is: hindi nag ke-create ng heat yung blue light na nasa likod)
3) "Baka daw may maluwag na screw sa likod ng lcd"

so in-short pupuntahan ulit tomorow yung unit ko and this time dalawa na silang technician, why dalawa sila? might as well sabi ng kausap ko na technician, baka iopen nila yung unit ko para ma check yung clicking sound.
i think dapat hindi nila pwede gawin yon since wala pang 1 month yung unit.
tama ba na gawin nila yon?  do i need to demand for new replacement since na baka lang defective yung unit ko?

sa mga BX5M aquos owner, meron ba kayo na-encounter na clicking sound sa likod ng unit nyo?
what is the best thing that i can do? aba napaka expensive ng unit nila tapos meron pala hidden problem ito.

eijneb

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2007 at 06:10 PM »
I don't have an aquos pero kung sa akin nangyari yun, pakiusapan ko sila na palitan nila ang unit especially kung major part yung papalitan.  Siguro kung minor tweaks lang ok lang pero kung bubuksan at may papalitan sa loob na maselan na parte, better ask for a replacement kasi malaking investment din ang LCD.  Yung 3 week old samsung ko na may dead pixels, pinalitan nila ang unit.  Pero siguro depende kung ano ang conditions ng warranty.

i think dapat hindi nila pwede gawin yon since wala pang 1 month yung unit.
tama ba na gawin nila yon?  do i need to demand for new replacement since na baka lang defective yung unit ko?

sa mga BX5M aquos owner, meron ba kayo na-encounter na clicking sound sa likod ng unit nyo?
what is the best thing that i can do? aba napaka expensive ng unit nila tapos meron pala hidden problem ito.

eijneb

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2007 at 01:21 PM »
I also have a slight click with my unit.  I really wouldn't worry much about it.  Opening up your unit will introduce all sorts of other problems.

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2007 at 01:55 PM »
I also have a slight click with my unit.  I really wouldn't worry much about it.  Opening up your unit will introduce all sorts of other problems.

sharp personel visited my place early this morning...talagang gusto nila iopen yung back panel ng lcd at baka daw meron maluwag na screw...and i insist not to open since my unit are barely 2 1/2 weeks old...ok lang sana kung matagal na at hindi under waranty...so im asking for replacement...mabait naman yung mga taga sharp...tumawag sya right away sa office nila para iinform yung manager nila na for replacement na yung unit...wala naman ako naging problema sa sharp tech...gumawa agad sila ng recommendation...so i've to wait atleast 1 week for my new unit.

assessment nila sa clicking sound: unknown
pero meron ako na research na reviews about clicking sound problem. i think its really not good if ur lcd encounter clicking sound.
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/176039.html

will update you guys kung ok na lahat.

thanks

eijneb

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2007 at 04:49 PM »
sharp personel visited my place early this morning...talagang gusto nila iopen yung back panel ng lcd at baka daw meron maluwag na screw...and i insist not to open since my unit are barely 2 1/2 weeks old...ok lang sana kung matagal na at hindi under waranty...so im asking for replacement...mabait naman yung mga taga sharp...tumawag sya right away sa office nila para iinform yung manager nila na for replacement na yung unit...wala naman ako naging problema sa sharp tech...gumawa agad sila ng recommendation...so i've to wait atleast 1 week for my new unit.

pero meron ako na research na reviews about clicking sound problem. i think its really not good if ur lcd encounter clicking sound.

thanks

eijneb

I'm interested to see how Sharp's after sales will handle this as I am looking to purchase a Aquos 37PX5M soon (well still deciding between this and the Samsung 37R81B). 

Hope this will result in a happy ending for you.  Let us know how it this turns out.  Good luck!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2007 at 09:44 PM »
I just spoke to a friend from Singapore. There's a Great Singapore sale now and the Sharp Aquos is selling for S$699 -- that's just 22k pesos! And it's also the 37" model. Nakakainggit.

Offline jvm

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2007 at 08:35 AM »
I'm also considering the 37PX5M and the 37R81B. Anyone had the chance to see them side-by-side?

Offline jvm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2007 at 09:12 AM »
I'm considering the Aquos 37PX5M together with the Samsung 37R81B.

Samsung has a very good reputation for customer service.

Somebody mentioned about the bad customer service of Sharp. Can anybody share their actual experiences so that would be buyers of this brand will know what they will be dealing with after buying.

With my recent bad experience with another brand, it really made me realize the importance of customer service. And it is now part of my criteria for the the selection my replacement unit.

Although we wish we will never need servicing, we will never be sure what will happen. It helps if we already picked one that will give us some confidence. Bad customer service can really give you sleepness nights and anxiety ;D

So please share your experience with the customer service of Sharp, good or bad. Thanks.

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2007 at 09:47 AM »
I'm also considering the 37PX5M and the 37R81B. Anyone had the chance to see them side-by-side?

JVM,
You can view demo units at Automatic Center (Glorietta).  They have a 37R81B and a 42PX5M (not 37) there but not beside each other.  Which one are you leaning towards?  I'm still on the fence between the Samsung 37R81B and the 37PX5M as well.

Offline jvm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2007 at 10:52 AM »
JVM,
You can view demo units at Automatic Center (Glorietta).  They have a 37R81B and a 42PX5M (not 37) there but not beside each other.  Which one are you leaning towards?  I'm still on the fence between the Samsung 37R81B and the 37PX5M as well.

I got the chance to test them both yesterday. Kaya lang nga di side-by-side talaga. Leaning ako towards the 40/37PX5M in terms of PQ, based on yesterday's demo. Pero wala kasi yong Samsung rep, kaya di ko ma-adjust sa gusto ko yong 40R81B, kaya di pa beyond reasonable doubt na better nga sa PQ ang 37PX5M. The sound of the R81 is so bad that at a little over 50% of its volume, it is already distorted. The 37PX5M while the sound is not as good too, at least I did not hear distortion at the same volume level.

Sa customer service na lang magkakatalo. Kaya ako nagtatanong dito kung kumusta ang service ng Sharp. Samsung kasi have a good reputation about CS.

Saka warranty pala. Sa hardwarezone, Singapore, nabasa ko na 7 days lang ang replacement warranty ng Sharp para sa dead pixel replacement. Dito kaya sa atin? Di ko na busisi masyado yong Sharp rep kahapon kasi naka-focus ako sa PQ.

The price is a bit lower for the 37PX5M at Anson's, ATC : 37PX5M = 97K 18mos, 37R81B = 98K 18mos.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007 at 10:53 AM by jvm »

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2007 at 01:31 PM »
Let me know which one you end up getting.  :D

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2007 at 12:26 PM »
mga sir may quote sakin yung Saver's ng 55k for LC-32BX6M. tanong ko lang kung ok na 'to?

Offline jvm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2007 at 10:30 AM »
Let me know which one you end up getting.  :D

I ended with the Samsung 40S81. By virtue of Samsung's reputation for good customer service and screen size too, 37-in is small for me since I came from 42-in plasma. I would have liked to get the 42PX5M or the 40R81, but for 20k+ more, I can't stretch that much more.

I was able to audition these 3 models side-by-side. The R81 and PX5M have similar picture quality, richer colors and better black, than the S81. But the difference is not that big as the price difference suggests. I would have gotten the R81 if only have 20K more. But practically speaking, I am satisfied with the S81.

Anyway, sa bahay wala ka na mapagkumparahan, kaya ok na rin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007 at 06:09 PM by jvm »

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2007 at 01:23 PM »
I ended with the Samsung 40S81. By virtue of Samsung's reputation for good customer service and screen size too, 37-in is small for me since I came from 42-in plasma. I would have liked to get the 42PX5M or the 40R81, but for 20k+ more I can't stretch that much more.

I was able to audition these 3 models side-by-side. The R81 and PX5M have similar picture quality, richer colors and better black, than the S81. But the difference is not that big as the price difference suggests. I would have gotten the R81 if only have 20K more. But practically speaking, I am satisfied with the S81.

Anyway, sa bahay wala ka na mapagkumparahan, kaya ok na rin

how much po for the 42S81? interested po ako. pm me na lang if it's not for public consumption.  ;)
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline jvm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2007 at 01:32 PM »
how much po for the 42S81? interested po ako. pm me na lang if it's not for public consumption.  ;)

I got the 40S81 for 120K at Anson's ATC. Noong una hanggang 125K lang daw, coming from 129,900 na SRP. Nagsawa na yata sa mukha ko kapupunta don, kasi di ako maka-decide kung ano kukunin kung kapalit ng hate-achi ko dati, kaya binaba na ;D.

Walang 42-in, 46-in na susunod sa 40-in.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007 at 01:39 PM by jvm »

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2007 at 04:04 PM »
jvm, how much kuha mo sa 40s81?

Offline jvm

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2007 at 04:16 PM »
jvm, how much kuha mo sa 40s81?

120K bro, sa Anson's ATC.

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2007 at 01:22 AM »

thanks

eijneb

after 1 1/2wks of waiting, sharp replaced my Aquos 37BX5M this afternoon...nagtagal ng ilang araw kse nahirapan ako mag-decide kung ano brand/model ang ipapalit ko, before kse balak ko mag change ng LCD brand, kaya lang biglang nagailangan ako ng budget for my other business, so until yesterday finally nagdecide na ko, since sharp alabang and western marketing are very supportive at hindi naman sila nagpabaya ng customer, naisip ko na same model na lang din ang kunin ko, i even got a change to have a 37PX5M as a replacement kaya lang meron mas priority, anyway maganda naman yung PQ ng BX5M, konting black levels lang yung differents ng PX5M vs BX. now im starting to add tweak again on my LCD :D sana ok na ito.

SHARP ALABANG & WESTERN MARKETING highly recommended. thanks

eijneb
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007 at 01:34 AM by eijneb »