Author Topic: Viewsonic N3762W LCD TV 39950@PCX  (Read 5220 times)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Viewsonic N3762W LCD TV 39950@PCX
« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2007 at 05:16 PM »
There should only be ONE price, whether its card or cash price.  What they're doing is in violation of the Tag Price Law. 

The violation would not be the Price Tag Law, but DTI A.O. No. 10, S. of 2006. 

Under the Price Tag Law (Sec. 81 of RA 7394 or Consumer Act), the must be a price tag, and the article cannot be sold higher than the price stated on the tag:

Article 81. Price Tag Requirement. - It shall be unlawful to offer any consumer product for retail sale to the public without an appropriate price tag, label or marking publicly displayed to indicate the price of each article and said products shall not be sold at a price higher than that stated therein and without discrimination to all buyers: Provided, That lumber sold, displayed or offered for sale to the public shall be tagged or labeled by indicating thereon the price and the corresponding official name of the wood: Provided, further, That if consumer products for sale are too small or the nature of which makes it impractical to place a price tag thereon price list placed at the nearest point where the products are displayed indicating the retail price of the same may suffice. http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1992/ra_7394_1992.html

In case of credit card surcharges, the violation is DTI Admi Order No. 10, Series of 2006:

Section 5. Prohibition Against Surcharging by Retailers. All retailers who honor/accept credit/ATM/debit cards for payment shall not require the cardholders to pay a surcharge, extra charge, or additional charge over and above the price tag on the consumer goods and services. http://business.gov.ph/uploads/files/Forms_File_1161311559_DAO%2010%20s_2006.credit%20card.signed.10_18_06.doc

They're giving out a 3% cash discount promo which was approved by the DTI. It's a common practice nowadays to give out cash discounts instead of credit card surcharges which has been outlawed.

That's right.  What is prohibited is selling above the price stated on the tag.  Selling below the price stated on the tag is valid.

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007 at 05:26 PM by barrister »

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 09:38 AM »
There should only be ONE price, whether its card or cash price.  What they're doing is in violation of the Tag Price Law. 

I guess it's their way of attracting buyers because cash price is lower, but it was stated on the on-line price list that it is on a cash basis price. ;)

What the merchant should do is display the higher price, and state the lower price if the consumer insists on a discount if he/she is paying in cash.

What really happened is, it became a trap for those too shy to ask for discount when paying cash.  You'll pay cash for a card price if you're innocent enough.  :)

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 10:56 AM »
too much for that price, just learned from pc express that the price was a mistake and it should be P51k....may nakabili ba sa P39,950? I was quite surprised since pc express has more expensive prices than the smaller stores in virra mall and when i asked sa virra mall, nasa P49k na yung 37".

That viesonic is now not a good buy at P50k since you can get a sharp or a toshiba at that same price.

I got one at 39950 cash, PCX in shaw.  gave it to my mom as christmas gift.  i noticed today that the price has increased in the PCX website, currently listed at 46+++

Offline HouseBum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 04:38 PM »
The 46t model currently being sold at PCX is different model ata, 3760 which was sold in the US Market (the 3762 was sold in HK, Taiwan), it had over 6 pages of reviews at Newegg (mostly positive). The last few units sold at Newegg had 2 HDMI ports (one more than the XX62), but the 3760 has since been replaced by the XX35W series models in the states, now sporting a gloss black finish and higher contrast ratios.

Apparently it uses the same Panel from LG that the LG 37LB1DA uses, which is S-IPS
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2008 at 08:13 AM by HouseBum »