Author Topic: which one would have better SQ  (Read 1467 times)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
which one would have better SQ
« on: Jan 11, 2007 at 07:07 AM »
1) mono bridging 2 rb03s and using 1 for each speaker.
2) making use of rb1070 instead of rb03 but not doing a dual-mono config
3) making use of 2 rb03s and using 1 for low pass and 1 for hi pass spkr terminals.

your opinions needed. ty!
im allan - 09178087173

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: which one would have better SQ
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007 at 07:14 AM »
Forget about bridging if you want to improve sound quality.  It is used to increase power and may  in fact compromise sound quality as it is forced to operate under strained conditions.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2007 at 04:11 PM »
Forget about bridging if you want to improve sound quality.  It is used to increase power and may  in fact compromise sound quality as it is forced to operate under strained conditions.
so what then between options 2 and 3 would have better SQ. forget about option 1.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 07:40 AM »
option 2 is the best.  bi-amping gained me totally no improvement.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 08:12 AM »
it depends on the power requirments,  if your using a 20 watt amp and maxing out the 20 watt amp.. bi-amping would make a HUGE difference as you would not max out the capabilities of a single amp. On the other hand using a 100 watt amp and then biamping with another 100 amp and then you would actually just use 20 watts or so.. would make a little difference

Biamping could also be advantageous when you want a "high" quality amp for your mid/hi  drivers and a good high power amp forr your  woofer....same scenario in a Bookshelf / Sub setup  Class A or AB for the BS and Class D for the subs.

Offline bugoy-bugoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007 at 09:08 AM »
option 2 is the best.  bi-amping gained me totally no improvement.

i second d motion

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2007 at 06:36 PM »
it depends on the power requirments,  if your using a 20 watt amp and maxing out the 20 watt amp.. bi-amping would make a HUGE difference as you would not max out the capabilities of a single amp. On the other hand using a 100 watt amp and then biamping with another 100 amp and then you would actually just use 20 watts or so.. would make a little difference

Biamping could also be advantageous when you want a "high" quality amp for your mid/hi  drivers and a good high power amp forr your  woofer....same scenario in a Bookshelf / Sub setup  Class A or AB for the BS and Class D for the subs.

biamping using 2 identical amps is the way to go...why?, it is because identical amps will have the same gain, balancing becomes easier...

do not be afraid that you are only using the 100watt amp at 20 watt levels, you are not wasting power this way..

using a higher powered amp, say 200watter at lower levels simply means that you will have more dynamic range available this way, even if on the average you will just be listening at a 2 to 5 watt level in the home environment.

with a high powered amp, clipping is likewise avoided most of the time. remember that a 20 watt amp will always clipp earlier than a 200watt amp...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007 at 07:50 AM »
Either options 2 or 3 would serve your purpose.

True Bi amping is best served when using active preamp crossovers and bypassing the speaker's passive crossovers.

Using active subwoofers is a form of true bi-amping, provided the main speakers are set to SMALL.

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2007 at 11:17 AM »
cross-evers, yes you have to have one before you can implement biamping....
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2007 at 07:00 PM »
thanks for all your inputs guys...finally i have a mono-mono set up...each of my paradigms now powered by 2x mono B&k power amps with 200W each. it rocks!
im allan - 09178087173