Author Topic: PC --> DVI to HDMI --> Samsung LCD TV??  (Read 11142 times)

Offline ericag_ph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PC --> DVI to HDMI --> Samsung LCD TV??
« Reply #30 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 12:54 AM »
check if your refresh rate from the laptop to the TV is supported by the TV...usually it is 60Hz.   ;D

i'm having a hard time adjusting the resolution on my samsung la32r8 lcd tv. my laptop video card is ati radeon 9000 and supports multiple monitors, my laptop monitor serves as the default. When adjusting resolution to the lcd tv (secondary monitor) to  1360x768 , message coming from tv is "mode not supported" but when lowering it down, there is output on lcd , it is just that its not very clear, picture centered but icons not shown, when i direct the cursor to the left most corner , i cannot see the cursor on my laptop but can be on the tv.  its now frustrating me, anybody here who can assist me?

btw i have the 5-meter 15-pin vga cable which i bought at a shop at greenhills for 450.00. 

my purpose for wanting to connect it to the tv is to test the hd videos i downloaded as said videos are not supported by the samsung dvd /divx player .  message received when playing the hd files is |resolution exceeds 760x4xx.

Offline aikon

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jun 13, 2007 at 10:18 AM »
it could also be your cable. try to use another vga cable. i bought a vga cable before and had problems setting the resolution too. a friend of mine was kind enough to give me a spare vga cable that came with his lcd monitor and now i can watch full hd from my laptop to my samsung la40m81 ;D

i'm having a hard time adjusting the resolution on my samsung la32r8 lcd tv. my laptop video card is ati radeon 9000 and supports multiple monitors, my laptop monitor serves as the default. When adjusting resolution to the lcd tv (secondary monitor) to  1360x768 , message coming from tv is "mode not supported" but when lowering it down, there is output on lcd , it is just that its not very clear, picture centered but icons not shown, when i direct the cursor to the left most corner , i cannot see the cursor on my laptop but can be on the tv.  its now frustrating me, anybody here who can assist me?

btw i have the 5-meter 15-pin vga cable which i bought at a shop at greenhills for 450.00. 

my purpose for wanting to connect it to the tv is to test the hd videos i downloaded as said videos are not supported by the samsung dvd /divx player .  message received when playing the hd files is |resolution exceeds 760x4xx.

Offline seahaven

• Collector
  • i like DVDs
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jun 19, 2007 at 11:06 PM »
ahh i cant seem to make it work, maybe its the cable..  I cant still watch the HD files i\ve downloaded because of this cable problem...

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jun 24, 2007 at 09:18 PM »
Try the Manhattan brand.  It's about P300-P500 ...can't recall.

ahh i cant seem to make it work, maybe its the cable..  I cant still watch the HD files i\ve downloaded because of this cable problem...

Offline marcouis

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 01, 2008 at 05:18 PM »
I'm using a 32" samsung lcd tv as my pc monitor also pero thru VGA lang, ngayon kinabitan ko ng DVI to HDMI cable (DVI connected sa pc and the other side ang HDMI syempre sa lcd tv)....

ito na ang problema  .... ok na ang display naayos ko na rin ang resolution (  at kitang kita na mas maganda ang display ng DVI to HDMI compare sa VGA lang) at ang sound nagawan ko na ng paraan... ang problem is walang display ang movie black lang pero my sounds.... kahit naka restore makikita ang desktop pero ang movie sa player black lang....

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #35 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 02:44 AM »
I'm using a 32" samsung lcd tv as my pc monitor also pero thru VGA lang, ngayon kinabitan ko ng DVI to HDMI cable (DVI connected sa pc and the other side ang HDMI syempre sa lcd tv)....

ito na ang problema  .... ok na ang display naayos ko na rin ang resolution (  at kitang kita na mas maganda ang display ng DVI to HDMI compare sa VGA lang) at ang sound nagawan ko na ng paraan... ang problem is walang display ang movie black lang pero my sounds.... kahit naka restore makikita ang desktop pero ang movie sa player black lang....

did you change your OS? try to reinstall your codecs bro .. same thing happened to me and all i did was reinstalled the correct codecs  ;)
ninjababez online ..

Offline marcouis

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 06:14 PM »
^^^

tingin ko po hindi po iyon, kasi po nakakabit din po ang vga, so pag nag change po ako ng source from hdmi to vga, sa vga connection may display naman po... :-\

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 06:54 PM »
^^^

tingin ko po hindi po iyon, kasi po nakakabit din po ang vga, so pag nag change po ako ng source from hdmi to vga, sa vga connection may display naman po... :-\

Did you try removing the vga cable first from your pc and use only your dvi-hdmi cable?

Offline marcouis

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 09:59 PM »
Did you try removing the vga cable first from your pc and use only your dvi-hdmi cable?

I think I already tried it, but to be sure try ko uli later.....

sana maging ok na.... :)

thanks....

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 10:57 PM »
Hi marcouis,

Is your video card HDCP compliant (and your video player), if not, then thats your main problem.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 11:14 PM »
Hi marcouis,

Is your video card HDCP compliant (and your video player), if not, then thats your main problem.

never thought about this .. :)
baka nga ito ang reason ..
ninjababez online ..

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 11:43 PM »
Note that ALL HDMI are HDCP compliant.

Even if your panel is HDMI, then your source is DVI using HDMI-to-DVI-cable (not HDCP compliant), then you cannot output especially HD video. If you know how to tweak, then there's workaround (this is not really easy unless you know something about modifying some software strings/entries).

Offline WaynedBrain

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 17, 2008 at 02:39 PM »
i've used a DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI cable on my S71 and I like the results of the DVI to VGA better. Now i am forced to run on a DVI to HDMI cable but it is mildly tolerable.

Sa VGA kasi it detects and sets the resolution of the computer to the native hardware resolution of the LCD TV

SA HDMI naman the computer chooses 720p and forces the LCD TV to scale the image thus the image quality degrades somewhat.

The Samsungs are nearly perfect imo but the inclusion of a VGA port is daft other than it being useful for those with an Xbox 360 + VGA cable.

This is weird, di ba dapat better sa DVI to HDMI?

Offline juanbote

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • sonic nirvana? only in my dreams
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 17, 2008 at 03:22 PM »
I also got no display from LA40A650 connected to a Sony Vaio laptop. The laptop can see the Sammy LCD Tv but it has no display at any setting on my ATI Video card.

I called up Samsung Service, they told me to use the VGA cable which is for the Sammy LCD and could be bought from their service center. I am still waiting for the VGA cable and their technician to do the hooking up.

The VGA cable I used is a 15 pins type, maybe the 14 pins type might work...?
PCCians, KB84-Accuphase E405, C200L and P300S, Richard Allan Dual Cone FR speakers.

Offline etnad7

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 17, 2008 at 11:56 PM »
pag gamit ko dvi (from pc) to hdmi (samsung la32r), resolution ko only supports 1360x720p, hindi sta pede 768p, pero pag vga lang gamit ko kaya nya 1360x768p, any suggestions?thanks!

Offline Bolshoie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 03:53 AM »
I think I already tried it, but to be sure try ko uli later.....

sana maging ok na.... :)

thanks....

Koya Nelemson ikaw ba yan?  ;D

Offline blurayhd

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 01:05 PM »
Koya Nelemson ikaw ba yan?  ;D

yes, before vga gamit ko. now since i have dvi from video card at bumili ako adaptor dvi to hdmi then used hdmi cable samsung a330. supports 720p resolution.

Native resolution parin nya is 1366x768 at 60hz.
good picture quality and readability of characters. kaso limited ung pag tweak mo ng picture settings kasi d accessible pag pc mode.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jul 20, 2008 at 04:53 AM »
yes, before vga gamit ko. now since i have dvi from video card at bumili ako adaptor dvi to hdmi then used hdmi cable samsung a330. supports 720p resolution.

Native resolution parin nya is 1366x768 at 60hz.
good picture quality and readability of characters. kaso limited ung pag tweak mo ng picture settings kasi d accessible pag pc mode.

ati ccc ba ang gamit mo bro? baka naka set sya as hdtv .. if yes, then thats normal .. automatic na i-set ng catalyst yun .. ang mga selections mo lang jan is ..
720p, 1080i,1080p .. tapos depende na sa refresh rate na gusto mo .. afaik 25hz, 30hz, 50hz and 60hz (depende sa supported ng hdtv mo)  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline etnad7

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jul 20, 2008 at 08:52 AM »
guys tulong naman, i'm using samsung 32" lcd connected to my pc via dvi to hdmi, and i'm using ati x1650xt vc, pano ko po gawin resolution 1360x768? 720p lng po kasi meron sa option ko.tnx!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 20, 2008 at 09:35 AM »
guys tulong naman, i'm using samsung 32" lcd connected to my pc via dvi to hdmi, and i'm using ati x1650xt vc, pano ko po gawin resolution 1360x768? 720p lng po kasi meron sa option ko.tnx!

try the vga (dsub) connection .. detected kasi as hdtv ng catalyst kaya ang settings nya (720p, 1080p/i etc.) for hdtv lang ..
ninjababez online ..

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jul 20, 2008 at 01:13 PM »
ati ccc ba ang gamit mo bro? baka naka set sya as hdtv .. if yes, then thats normal .. automatic na i-set ng catalyst yun .. ang mga selections mo lang jan is ..
720p, 1080i,1080p .. tapos depende na sa refresh rate na gusto mo .. afaik 25hz, 30hz, 50hz and 60hz (depende sa supported ng hdtv mo)  :D

What do you mean with this sir?  What if you want to adjust the pq of your lcd? How will you do it? TIA
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2008 at 01:13 PM by dyerds »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 04:54 AM »
What do you mean with this sir? 
What if you want to adjust the pq of your lcd? How will you do it? TIA

if your using an ATI source, you can use the catalyst (control panel) to adjust your settings including the PQ, same goes for nvidia .. bale sa source mo nalang sya ma-adjust which is your htpc ..
minsan din sa vga connection ganyan .. btw anong gamit mo vga or hdmi?
ninjababez online ..

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:18 AM »
if your using an ATI source, you can use the catalyst (control panel) to adjust your settings including the PQ, same goes for nvidia .. bale sa source mo nalang sya ma-adjust which is your htpc ..
minsan din sa vga connection ganyan .. btw anong gamit mo vga or hdmi?

I am also using an hdmi and a dvi adapter. My video card is inno3d 9600gt. Did you mean that the only way I can adjust its picture is through my htpc's nvidia control panel? TIA  :)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:31 AM »

I am also using an hdmi and a dvi adapter. My video card is inno3d 9600gt. Did you mean that the only way I can adjust its picture is through my htpc's nvidia control panel? TIA  :)

not really ... ofcourse yung sa tv controls ma-adjust mo parin ..
parang mali ata yung explanation ko sa previous post ko .. hehehe
ganito nalang if your hdtv is connected via hdmi .. and was set/detected as hdtv .. then limited ang options mo as an hdtv ..
like 720p, 1080i, 1080p with refresh rates of 30mhz, 25mhz, 50mhz and 60mhz

but if you set your monitor as an lcd display then thats another story ..
;D
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:33 AM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:39 AM »
not really ... ofcourse yung sa tv controls ma-adjust mo parin ..
parang mali ata yung explanation ko sa previous post ko .. hehehe
ganito nalang if your hdtv is connected via hdmi .. and was set/detected as hdtv .. then limited ang options mo as an hdtv ..
like 720p, 1080i, 1080p with refresh rates of 30mhz, 25mhz, 50mhz and 60mhz

but if you set your monitor as an lcd display then thats another story ..
;D

Heheheh...okay ngayon malinaw na.  ;D Another question sir ninja. How will I set my tv to hdtv or as an lcd display? Or will my htpc set this for me?

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jul 22, 2008 at 09:45 PM »
Heheheh...okay ngayon malinaw na.  ;D Another question sir ninja. How will I set my tv to hdtv or as an lcd display? Or will my htpc set this for me?

hmm pag naka-dvi or vga ka naman ati ccc or nvidia control panel should detect it as a lcd lang .. pag hdmi automatic hdtv nya nadetect ..
hence ikaw parin ang boss .. ;D
btw sa 9600gt nga pala may hdmi na, right? compare mo naman bro kung mas maganda ang sound ng hdmi or dvi tapos 5.1 speaker  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jul 22, 2008 at 09:50 PM »
Sir Ninja wala syang hdmi, 2 dvi ports lang kaya I use dvi adapter with my hdmi cable. I use my mobo (Gigabyte something) to produce 5.1 using optical cable.