Author Topic: USB Enclosure Users  (Read 1318 times)

Offline rexxxiii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USB Enclosure Users
« on: Mar 08, 2007 at 10:53 AM »

Hello everyone,

I would like to start a thread to sort of record all the best practices as well as the oddities experienced by usb enclosure users on their generic dvd players.

To start off, I would like to ask if anybody has already experienced yung hindi pagkakasunod sunod ng mga files sa loob ng usb hard disk nyo when it is read by the dvd player. In my case, I am fond of watching TV series downloaded from the internet onto my usb hard disk then yun ang kinakabit ko sa dvd player. Syempre yung tv series sunod sunod ang episodes nun so it's arranged that way sa hard disk. Pero pag binasa na sya nung dvd player nagra-rumble yung sequence/order nya... I find it annoying na biglang tatalon yung episode from 1 to 4 na yung susunod. Meron na bang nkakaalam how to fix this or is there a definite filename format na kailangan sundin when saving divx files sa usb hard disk para mabasa ng maayos?

Thanks!

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
Re: USB Enclosure Users
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 11:10 AM »
I just put the episodes in a separate folder then rename them numerically :)

Offline rexxxiii

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 11:19 AM »
Hello RDyENT,

Never thought of that. I'll try to arrange it today and see if they get played in sequence maya sa bahay. What I do is to append a code to the episode title this way: SxExx_EPISODE_NAME where Sx denotes the season and Exx denotes the episode. Let's say smallville asa folder lang silang lahat named SMALLVILLE. Ayun, pag pinlay mo sila sa dvd player tumatalon ng episodes.

Again, thanks for the tip. BTW, yung sinuggest mong Heroes I've managed to download all 17 episodes na. I'll be watching them this weekend.

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 08:24 AM »
Right now with the external HD, I've noticed that the files are arranged according to the order/date I've transferred them. So the newly added files are the ones at the bottom of the list.

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 09:58 AM »
Right now with the external HD, I've noticed that the files are arranged according to the order/date I've transferred them. So the newly added files are the ones at the bottom of the list.

once you attached that to a dvd player with usb, the player will read it alphabetically.

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 10:08 AM »
Mine doesn't it's according to the date it was transferred. But it reads my files on DVDs and flash disks alphabetically.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2007 at 10:09 AM by RDyENT »

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2007 at 10:43 AM »
Mine doesn't it's according to the date it was transferred. But it reads my files on DVDs and flash disks alphabetically.

that's what i said, sorry to confuse you. 

actually, it's the computer who determines how it's read. or more appropriately, how you set up the drive to be read that determines how it's read.  The dvd player acts as the computer and it reads the files alphabetically.  the usb enclosure/drive is just a drone.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2007 at 10:48 AM by voj »

Offline rexxxiii

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2007 at 09:23 AM »

Yup I've noticed it this weekend also nung magdagdag ako ng files sa enclosure. Hindi kasi in order yung nadownload kong movies according to episode so ganun na nga nangyari.

As a temporary solution iniisa isa ko sila ng copy sa usb enclosure. Any permanent solution would be greatly appreciated.