Author Topic: samsung upgrades Bordeaux series  (Read 29979 times)

Offline scorer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Go Steelers!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: samsung upgrades Bordeaux series
« Reply #90 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 04:59 PM »
i think overall mas ok kunin mo na yung R81, since hindi mo na naman kailangan ng HT.. :) ang taas din ng rating ng R8 sa CNET Asia..
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2007 at 05:00 PM by blitzburgh »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2007 at 01:57 AM »
sir jeck-jeck sent you a pm  ;)

thanks sir vtec3... I already got the 32" r81 yesterday at Abenson's Shang... 62K, I paid 40k upfront then the balance in 24 month installment...  :)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2007 at 06:28 AM »
enjoying it to the most!

I'm watching concert DVDs grabe ganda lalo na yung sa EAGLES!  ganda talaga.  yun nga lang up to
-40db yun volume ng AVR ko para di magalit kapit bahay kasi sound trip ko gabi e mga 11PM onwards...

but I noticed that may konting pixalation pa rin sya unlike sa Toshiba Regza.  Mababalang yung contrast ratio ng Toshiba pero na perfect na nya yung sa pixalation.  was able to compare it coz my brother had a Toshiba Regza 32WL66 (series) and mas ok ang pixalation nya kahit sa fast scenes but then mas maganda lang ang clarity ng R18 kasi mataas ang contrast ratio.  kahit may movie plus ang R18 tingin ko mas ok pa rin ang pixalation ng toshiba.

Ok rin lang kasi i intend to upgrade in 2 yrs sa plasma na.
regards,
denis
Hello sir, May I ask lang. this may be off topic, but I have the samsung 32r71 and contemplating to get a toshiba bigger screen, I checked out the toshiba 42l66 which is down to 104 thou in listening group and was in virramall and played some of my personal dvds to check it out in the store. I wasnt really impressed versus my 32 samsung. The toshiba was very dirty, grainy, etc. etc. compared to mine. Could it be because of the size of the toshiba bigger vs. 32 or maybe the unit is not calibrated properly. I dont know but I wasnt impressed with the toshiba. Since your brother have a toshiba maybe you might have better idea on this and give me some suggestion. Thanks very much

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2007 at 08:58 AM »
thanks sir vtec3... I already got the 32" r81 yesterday at Abenson's Shang... 62K, I paid 40k upfront then the balance in 24 month installment...  :)

Jeck, post ka na ng updated HT pics mo!  And feedback naman ng R81 performance.  I know you've burned it in all day yesterday (I know because you didn't have a single post here at PDVD  ;D ).

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2007 at 09:32 AM »
Jeck, post ka na ng updated HT pics mo!  And feedback naman ng R81 performance.  I know you've burned it in all day yesterday (I know because you didn't have a single post here at PDVD  ;D ).

hehehehe... natext pa din naman kita ah!  ;D

the unit was delivered at around 10AM... tulog pa nga ako after coming from my night shift but ginising na ako ni wifey... I am glad I got a 32" not a 37" kasi mga 7 ft lang yung viewing distance ko & the 32" was perfect... Initially I thought the picture was too bright and colors were too loud or "matingkad" so I calibrated the settings using the generic THX Optimizer from my Indiana Jones dvd and ayos na ayos na after that... I used the progressive scan output of my dvd... PQ was awesome! I played a lot of dvds and the detail you get with an LCD is million times better than what you get from a CRT... example na lang.. I watched the Diana Krall Live in Paris concert and just realized na may moles pala sa mukha si Diana Krall... sa Red Hot Chili Peppers Live at Slane Castle naman, you could really make out the details of Anthony Kiedis's tattoos...  ;D ;D the colors were also awesome! buhay na buhay as my wife put it... My wife and my sister (and me) were just blown away by the PQ... 480p (yata) pa lang ito ha... can't wait to get the pioneer 696!

I did notice some minor noise (pixelization/artifacts) during very fast scenes and also when switching from very dark to very bright scenes but it is negligible...

the only complaint that I have about the R81 -- 2 words --> dust magnet... other than this, I am very very happy with my purchase

kailang ko na lang ng rack... problema ko talaga is the placing of my Wharfe 9CS center... used to have it on top of my CRT before using a monitor top shelf but di na pwede yun with a flat screen... what have the others done to solve this predicament? share naman...  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007 at 09:34 AM by jeckjeck »

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2007 at 10:32 AM »
@jeckjeck

Sir congrats for your new lcd! My dad also had its lcd 32 inch yesterday but we had problems in setting it up. After automatically storing channels and connecting it in our cable, magulo ung reception nya. Mahirap naman kung iisa-isahin namen dahil dame channels ng cable. We have also tried un plug and play but then wala pa rin nagbago, magulo pa rin ung reception nya. Have you tried to set it up using your cable? Ano po ung area nya na sinelect nyo? Need help sir, Thanks

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2007 at 11:17 AM »
kailang ko na lang ng rack... problema ko talaga is the placing of my Wharfe 9CS center... used to have it on top of my CRT before using a monitor top shelf but di na pwede yun with a flat screen... what have the others done to solve this predicament? share naman...  ;D ;D ;D

Congrats sa new LCD!

For me, the best placement is below the TV (pls. click on image for larger pic):

Just make sure that the face of the center speaker is not inside the rack.  The speaker's face must be exactly in line with or protruding from the rack to minimize sound reflections from inside the rack's shelf.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007 at 11:49 AM by barrister »

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2007 at 11:25 AM »
@jeck, congrats!
I've been lurking around the flat pannel threads for quite a while, and found interesting information. Even made me realize to delay my purchase of a samsum 32" for a few days, til after election day (I just hope I could still hold my moolah. :) ).
With the same dilema of having a 9cs, I plan to get a separate speaker stand (24" maybe) to hold my center speakers once the LCD arrives. Hope this also gives you an idea...

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2007 at 11:59 AM »
@jeckjeck

Sir congrats for your new lcd! My dad also had its lcd 32 inch yesterday but we had problems in setting it up. After automatically storing channels and connecting it in our cable, magulo ung reception nya. Mahirap naman kung iisa-isahin namen dahil dame channels ng cable. We have also tried un plug and play but then wala pa rin nagbago, magulo pa rin ung reception nya. Have you tried to set it up using your cable? Ano po ung area nya na sinelect nyo? Need help sir, Thanks

salamat sir... actually di problema yung cable connection sa akin since I have the cable box from Sky kaya it runs through one of the video connections ng TV... malinaw din yung signal ng cable although I am still adjusting to the "stretched" picture when watching in 16:9 vs 4:3 ratio... wish there was a quick button on the remote to let you easily switch between the 2 aspect ratios...  ;)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2007 at 12:03 PM »
thanks sirs barrister & jay... really need to get a 4 layer rack na maganda or at least a 3 layer one that would be wide enought to accomodate the dvd player & avr side by side on one layer and the center sa upper layer... karamihan kasi are just 3 layers na makipot...  :-\ don't want to use a center speaker stand naman because I have 10 month old boy (see my avatar  ;D) na super likot na...  ;D

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2007 at 02:04 PM »
One good thing about peeps like me who haven't bought an LCD yet is that we don't feel any regret everytime we pass by an appliance store offering promo prices on their latest gadgets...

But of course, the real reason is that we still have to source the funds...hehehe...anyway, I'm sticking to my Dec. 2007 target for purchasing one.  By that time, we can get a 40-incher at the price today's 32"

haha. same feeling here.... although i am looking at a buy date of about end-may or mid-june. tamang-tama sa tag-ulan.  :D
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2007 at 10:19 PM »
Initially had the same problem when I chose Asia as my region.  I repeated channel setup, this time using America, and everything's fine na.

@jeckjeck

Offline R1DVD

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2007 at 10:21 PM »
Meron dedicated button sa remote ( yung blue button na P.SIZE)

wish there was a quick button on the remote to let you easily switch between the 2 aspect ratios...  ;)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2007 at 03:31 PM »
Meron dedicated button sa remote ( yung blue button na P.SIZE)

hehehe.. meron nga... thnx sir, tamad kasi ako magbasa ng manual eh...  ;D

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2007 at 07:48 AM »
Initially had the same problem when I chose Asia as my region.  I repeated channel setup, this time using America, and everything's fine na.

Sir thanks for the info, had already set it up na kagabi  ;)

Offline R1DVD

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2007 at 08:56 PM »
Here's the story and sort of a mini-review of my R81.  I initially bought a samsung LA32N71 (mosel) last March 11.  After a week of ownership, I remembered to test for dead pixels (Samsung has zero-dead pixel warranty).  I downloaded a software for testing for dead pixel.  Test result showed 7 dead pixels.  I reported it to Samsung and after their technician confirmed it, they offered to replace it with a new one.  Unfortunately, N71 is already phased out so they couldn't give me a replacement.  They asked me if I wanted a different model.  Fortunately, around that time, the R81 came out.  The dealer allowed me to upgrade at no extra cost.  While I really like the PQ and form factor of the N71, I settled for the R81 because I don't want to think that I spent P63k for a not-so-perfect LCD.  Plus the R81 is a newer model, has higher contrast ratio, 3 HDMI, and more controls for picture customization.  So what have I noticed about the R81 after 2 weeks of ownership?  Here goes...
1) higher contrast (black is really darker).  Too dark that sometimes I had to tone down on the contrast
2) it appears that it has a better tuner because channels that are not clear on my N71 (the not so popular skycable channels) are much, much clearer on the R81
3) it's nice that it has separate backlight level control, unlike the N71 wherein backlight can only be adjusted via the "energy-saving feature"
4) greater connectivity because of 3 HDMI inputs, although I haven't really maximized it yet because I only have 1 hdmi component (DVD player)
5) more controls for picture customization

Things I don't like:
1)I don't know if this is an accurate observation but it seems that pixels are more noticeable on the R81, but only on fast scenes like NBA games.  I don't recall observing this on my N71.  But this could also be due to the cable signal.  I haven't got the time to watch dvds yet.  On non-sports programs, I don't observe the pixelization.
2) the HDMI jacks at the back are somewhat loose.  They move when I tried to plug/unplug the hdmi.  I went back to the dealer and noticed that their display unit is also like that.  I was told by the salesman that they also noticed it on their display unit. Can other R81 owners confirm if they have the same problem.
3) dust magnet.  My previous N71 has gloss black finish in front and matt finish at the back.  The R81 has gloss black finish at front and back.
4) the dedicated "PC" button on the remote is gone.  I have to toggle between the different sources before I can change to PC mode
5) Wiselink is gone.  Wala na yung mga memory card/usb slots sa side, but honestly, I haven't found the need to use it during my 3 weeks of ownership of the N71, so I don't miss it

Overall, I'm glad I decided to "upgrade" to the R81.  I don't know if this is considered an upgrade because technically the N71 came from a higher series (mosel) compared to the R81 (bordeaux), and that is actually 1 of the reasons why I was hesitant at first to accept the R81 replacement offer.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007 at 08:27 AM by R1DVD »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2007 at 02:08 AM »
sir R1DVD... where were you able to get the dead pixel test?  :)

Offline nels76

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2007 at 06:40 AM »
Here's the story and sort of a mini-review of my R81.  I initially bought a samsung LA32N71 (mosel) last March 11.  After a week of ownership, I remembered to test for dead pixels (Samsung has zero-dead pixel warranty).  I downloaded a software for testing for dead pixel.  Test result showed 7 dead pixels.  I reported it to Samsung and after their technician confirmed it, they offered to replace it with a new one.  Unfortunately, N71 is already phased out so they couldn't give me a replacement.  They asked me if they wanted a different model.  Fortunately, around that time, the R81 came out.  The dealer allowed me to upgrade at no extra cost.  While I really like the PQ and form factor of the N71, I settled for the R81 because I don't want to think that I spent P63k for a not-so-perfect LCD.  Plus the R81 is a newer model, has higher contrast ratio, 3 HDMI, and more controls for picture customization.  So what have I noticed about the R81 after 2 weeks of ownership?  Here goes...
1) higher contrast (black is really darker).  Too dark that sometimes I had to tone down on the contrast
2) it appears that it has a better tuner because channels that are not clear on my N71 (the not so popular skycable channels) are much, much clearer on the R81
3) it's nice that it has separate backlight level control, unlike the N71 wherein backlight can only be adjusted via the "energy-saving feature"
4) greater connectivity because of 3 HDMI inputs, although I haven't really maximized it yet because I only have 1 hdmi component (DVD player)
5) more controls for picture customization

Things I don't like:
1)I don't know if this is an accurate observation but it seems that pixels are more noticeable on the R81, but only on fast scenes like NBA games.  I don't recall observing this on my N71.  But this could also be due to the cable signal.  I haven't got the time to watch dvds yet.  On non-sports programs, I don't observe the pixelization.
2) the HDMI jacks at the back are somewhat loose.  They move when I tried to plug/unplug the hdmi.  I went back to the dealer and noticed that their display unit is also like that.  I was told by the salesman that they also noticed it on their display unit. Can other R81 owners confirm if they have the same problem.
3) dust magnet.  My previous N71 has gloss black finish in front and matt finish at the back.  The R81 has gloss black finish at front and back.
4) the dedicated "PC" button on the remote is gone.  I have to toggle between the different sources before I can change to PC mode

Overall, I'm glad I decided to "upgrade" to the R81.  I don't know if this is considered an upgrade because technically the N71 came from a higher series (mosel) compared to the R81 (bordeaux), and that is actually 1 of the reasons why I was hesitant at first to accept the R81 replacement offer.

I am a bit surprised knowing that N71 is already phasd out. kakalabas lang nito di ba?
What was the reason kaya?
The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline R1DVD

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2007 at 08:11 AM »
got it from here (http://www.astris.com/dpl/).  Download the file and run it on your PC/laptop.  Your PC/laptop should be connected on the LCD

sir R1DVD... where were you able to get the dead pixel test?  :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007 at 05:41 AM by R1DVD »

Offline R1DVD

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2007 at 08:23 AM »
I'm surprised too.  I remember when I bought it, I was told that that model just came out last November 2006.  Less than a month after purchase, phased out na raw.  Siguro dahil mabilis talaga development sa LCD technology.  No use selling it when there is already a newer model with higher contrast ratio and more HDMI input.  Even the new Sonoma (S81) has higher contrast ratio that the N71.

I am a bit surprised knowing that N71 is already phasd out. kakalabas lang nito di ba?
What was the reason kaya?

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2007 at 03:37 AM »
Are the 37" out already for Samsung?

How much?

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2007 at 06:29 AM »
@Fait

meron na sa market un samsung lcd 37r81 around 99k yata.. havent seen one pero according sa western meron na display unit. did you got your lcd already?

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2007 at 11:01 AM »

Things I don't like:
5) Wiselink is gone.  Wala na yung mga memory card/usb slots sa side, but honestly, I haven't found the need to use it during my 3 weeks of ownership of the N71, so I don't miss it

It seems you're consistent with my initial observation on R81.  Indeed pixalation is really noticeable even on DVD even if you're using HDMI and automatic upscale video capable dvd player (1080i) like mine.  Toshiba Regza doesnt have this on their WL66/68 series.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2007 at 03:42 PM »
@Fait

meron na sa market un samsung lcd 37r81 around 99k yata.. havent seen one pero according sa western meron na display unit. did you got your lcd already?
Really? Hmm! I should see one!

Yeah, I got a Bravia 32V200A already - but if 37R81 is out there already, it's a must get for me.. ;)

Hope somebody can confirm this.

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2007 at 04:40 PM »
sir listed na po sya sa samsung ph websites @ P99k+. so most probobly meron na yan, but i havent seen one sa mga shops.

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2007 at 10:15 PM »
Nakakita na ako nung 37" sa Abenson. :)

Offline scorer

• Apprentice
  • Go Steelers!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2007 at 11:16 PM »
bro may nakita ako sa Western Festival mall na 37" ng R8, 90-93k price nila... :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007 at 11:18 PM by blitzburgh »

Offline carl2k

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2007 at 01:29 AM »
Gandang ganda kayo sa samsung eh ang pangit ng panel nyan

lalo na un mga bagong models ng samsung lcd kitang kita un tintawag na
sisaw effect..
kaya para hindi makita ng mga bumibili nun sinasamahan nila ng free bracket

samsung suck!!!!!!

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2007 at 08:08 AM »

sisaw effect..

samsung suck!!!!!!

Ano yung "sisaw" effect?

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2007 at 01:28 PM »

sisaw effect..

samsung suck!!!!!!

paki explain mo mabuti sir kung ano yung "sisaw effects" marami dito mga samsung boys, baka hindi ka nila maintindihan sa reaction mo...dapat po bago tyo mag react, iexplain muna natin yung experience natin, atleast kung nasa point po tyo, maaari po tyo tulungan ng mga ka member natin dito.

eijneb