Author Topic: All-around 37" LCD TV?  (Read 7456 times)

Offline runner10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
All-around 37" LCD TV?
« on: May 07, 2007 at 02:09 PM »
I realize that for my room, a 32" LCD is too small and a 40" LCD is too big.  Therefore, I am now leaning towards a 37" LCD as a compromise.  Problem 1 solved.

Problem 2 is what 37" LCD TV to buy???  My budget is 100T MAX. 

Choosing from the ff:
- Toshiba 37WL66 or 37WL67
- Sharp Aquos 37BX5M or 37PX5M

Anyone have any actual expereince on the above models which I am considering?  Who else makes LCD in 37"?

THanks in advance guys!

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: 37"
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007 at 08:53 PM »
why not try samsung 37r81??

srp is 99k pero cash price according dun sa last shop napuntahan ko may less 15k daw sabi nung salesladay...

sama k na sa group buy para mas mababaan p yung price.

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007 at 09:08 AM »
why not try samsung 37r81??

srp is 99k pero cash price according dun sa last shop napuntahan ko may less 15k daw sabi nung salesladay...

sama k na sa group buy para mas mababaan p yung price.

I'm also interested in the Samsung.  I went to Western Megamall yesterday and they didnt have the 37 Samsung R81.  What shop sells the 37R81?  How much is their best price for 1 time cash payment with no frebbies?

Btw, Western Mega was selling 40R81 for 110T (cash).

Offline AsiaStreak

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • We make this world less primitive
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007 at 09:25 AM »
I'm also interested in the Samsung.  I went to Western Megamall yesterday and they didnt have the 37 Samsung R81.  What shop sells the 37R81?  How much is their best price for 1 time cash payment with no frebbies?

Btw, Western Mega was selling 40R81 for 110T (cash).

Hi Bro Runner, Wow! If you're right about the model, then the 40R81 at 110T would be considered a bargain!
that is more than 26% off.
di kaya 40S81?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007 at 09:40 AM by AsiaStreak »
check out our other products ->  www.Asiastreak.com

Offline scorer

• Apprentice
  • Go Steelers!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007 at 01:49 PM »
that is very tempting, 40" R8 for 110k! btw bro, i saw 37" of R8 sa Festival mall for 90k

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007 at 12:01 PM »
Based on your list, I'd go with Sharp Aquos.

Ps.  I heard horror stories about Toshiba's customer service, and possible manufacturing problems with the R81 of Samsung (check the net).

I realize that for my room, a 32" LCD is too small and a 40" LCD is too big.  Therefore, I am now leaning towards a 37" LCD as a compromise.  Problem 1 solved.

Problem 2 is what 37" LCD TV to buy???  My budget is 100T MAX. 

Choosing from the ff:
- Toshiba 37WL66 or 37WL67
- Sharp Aquos 37BX5M or 37PX5M

Anyone have any actual expereince on the above models which I am considering?  Who else makes LCD in 37"?

THanks in advance guys!

Offline korevo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
All-around 37" LCD TV?
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008 at 03:35 PM »
Hi guys I'm looking for a 37 inch LCD TV with full HD any recommendation to what brand and price range? thanks!

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
Re: All-around 37" LCD TV?
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008 at 10:21 AM »
Hi guys I'm looking for a 37 inch LCD TV with full HD any recommendation to what brand and price range? thanks!

Sent you pm.

Offline rommelcv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 09:46 PM »
I'm ALO looking for a 37 inch LCD TV with full HD. Please send me some recommendations. Cash buyer only. Better kung may freebies. Thanks & God bless.  :)

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 10:27 AM »
I'm ALO looking for a 37 inch LCD TV with full HD. Please send me some recommendations. Cash buyer only. Better kung may freebies. Thanks & God bless.  :)

A full HDTV is still very expensive. We suggest you not to invest so much money on a full HDTV for a simple reason that you won't see significant difference between full and hd-ready TVs unless you are seated up front. If you sit at the farther end of recommended viewing distance range, you might be just as happy with a non-full HDTV.

Rather than buying a full HDTV, we suggest you spend your money for Plasma HDTV. Panasonic Plasma TV 42" is a vulue for money TV.

Between plasma and LCD, plasma TV delivers better picture: richer and more natural color, deeper black contrast, and faster motion response that show movie without any blurring.

Nevertheless, we sent you pm of prices for 37" full HDTVs.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 10:38 AM by E-reply »

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:31 PM »
A full HDTV is still very expensive. We suggest you not to invest so much money on a full HDTV for a simple reason that you won't see significant difference between full and hd-ready TVs unless you are seated up front. If you sit at the farther end of recommended viewing distance range, you might be just as happy with a non-full HDTV.

Rather than buying a full HDTV, we suggest you spend your money for Plasma HDTV. Panasonic Plasma TV 42" is a vulue for money TV.

Between plasma and LCD, plasma TV delivers better picture: richer and more natural color, deeper black contrast, and faster motion response that show movie without any blurring.

Nevertheless, we sent you pm of prices for 37" full HDTVs.

I really admire ereply and nemesis on how they sell their products here! Ayan na ang taong may perang pambili ng mas mahal na product nyo, so mas malaki ang kita nyo, pero still, you'd give them the truest, most honest advise that would result to buying the cheaper items, mas konti tubo siempre.

saludo ako sayo sir vic!

The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 06:24 AM »
the toshiba 37C3500 is full hd perhaps you might wana check it out and see if it fits into ur requirements and budget.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline momay

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 10:04 AM »
no.its only HD ready tv.maybe you are talking about the japanese c3500 series.yes that is full HD. try browsing this site.
http://www.regza-asia.com/flash.htm

the toshiba 37C3500 is full hd perhaps you might wana check it out and see if it fits into ur requirements and budget.

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 02:31 PM »

I really admire ereply and nemesis on how they sell their products here! Ayan na ang taong may perang pambili ng mas mahal na product nyo, so mas malaki ang kita nyo, pero still, you'd give them the truest, most honest advise that would result to buying the cheaper items, mas konti tubo siempre.

saludo ako sayo sir vic!

Thank you for aqppreciating us.

Offline Digital Vision

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 02:42 PM »
Mga Sirs

I read on the Manila Bulletin today that Panasonic Phil. recently launched new plasma
models and full HD LCD such as the 32" LZ700.  Can you pm me prices po.

Thanks

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 11:38 PM »
Have not shopped in the phillies for a 37 inch LCD but will do so big time next week as this will be my Xmas gift to myself and the family.  For those who bought one what did you buy and why?
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline jepoy19

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 12:53 PM »
I am using Panasonic TX-37LZ800MR.

I bought it because i like Panasonic and after reading reviews from net and avsforum, i finally decided
to get this one. Use it mainly for PS3 gaming.

Colors are ok, not washed out and good black too, though i cannot seem to find in the OSD picture menu the Motion Focus Technology and x.v. color feature. I do not know why. :(

Can anyone help me with this?
Matsucrapa Kailanman!
The Future Begins in Dreams!!

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 02:44 PM »
I chose the Sharp Aquos LC-37BX5M about 19 months ago.  I really wanted plasma, but didn't have enough cash.  So I was forced to get from an appliance store chain which accepts credit cards with 0% installment plan.  All appliance stores carried LCDs only back then, and our in-house sellers (TW/SnS) did not accept cards yet.  Among the LCD crop, I liked the value for money of the Sharp Aquos.  Japan made panel with 6ms response time (everyone else had 8ms or longer).

Still going strong until now.  But I'm now determined to get a plasma for my main HT setup, and move the Aquos to the downstairs sala.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2008 at 02:44 PM by paolorenzo »

Offline [joms]

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 02:45 PM »
maybe you can push your budget to around P53k and get the very popular (worldwide) 42" panasonic pv8. Best budget 42" !!! (it even beats LCD/plasma with prices as much as 100k)  :)
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 03:15 PM »
Agree ako kay [joms].  I might go for the 42PV8H myself.

Good value 37" LCD today is the 37LZ80.  It's being sold for 51k at Listening Room Megamall.  Full HD na siya, 1080p.

Check placement of TV rin.  If brightly lit room (lots of windows), then LCD may be a good consideration.

Offline Mguy

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 03:23 PM »
I chose Toshiba Regza 37CV500 due to the ff factors:

1. I was to buy a 42" Plasma TV but I found it a bit too big for the room. My wife got dizzy watching. I find 32" small also so we went for the middle.
2. I got the opportunity to compare this side by side with Panasonic 37LX80 and the the Toshiba's picture quality looked way better.
3. I heard good reviews about it
4. I like the thin piano finish borders
5. It was a fairly new model, only introduced May 2008
6. Its HD Ready (1080p). Don't need Full HD now.

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 05:24 PM »
maybe you can push your budget to around P53k and get the very popular (worldwide) 42" panasonic pv8. Best budget 42" !!! (it even beats LCD/plasma with prices as much as 100k)  :)

Sounds interesting this Pany.....where can Id read a review of it?
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 06:01 PM »

Sounds interesting this Pany.....where can Id read a review of it?

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=80875.0

Enjoy reading.

Offline keldomingo77

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 06:26 PM »
I chose Toshiba Regza 37CV500 due to the ff factors:

1. I was to buy a 42" Plasma TV but I found it a bit too big for the room. My wife got dizzy watching. I find 32" small also so we went for the middle.
2. I got the opportunity to compare this side by side with Panasonic 37LX80 and the the Toshiba's picture quality looked way better.
3. I heard good reviews about it
4. I like the thin piano finish borders
5. It was a fairly new model, only introduced May 2008
6. Its HD Ready (1080p). Don't need Full HD now.

Bought this TV too last week, i chose this over samsung 37a450 for same reason above, better PQ, design, good reviews (from the forumers here) and fits perfect for our living room (around 15 to 20 sq.mtrs.)

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 04:56 AM »
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=80875.0

Enjoy readburn froming.

Read it in full.  Wow.  Sounds like the Panny 42PV8 and now the 42PV80 plasma is great. 

Also  read this thread      (   http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=80323.0  )

My worry is the burn from kids playing PS3. 

Should this be a concern of mine? 
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2008 at 05:04 AM by dannielsimone »
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 07:00 AM »

Read it in full.  Wow.  Sounds like the Panny 42PV8 and now the 42PV80 plasma is great. 

Also  read this thread      (   http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=80323.0  )

My worry is the burn from kids playing PS3. 

Should this be a concern of mine? 

I've also read your other thread.  From your conditions, get the 42PV8, may sukli ka pa (it sells for as low as 51k cash, @Listening Room Megamall).  65% is for TV viewing and movies, in a fairly dark environment.  I'm sure the plasma can also hold it's own with gaming, and I'm sure your kids aren't critiques with jaggies and image lags.  Burn-in isn't much of an issue anymore, specially if you interchage the usage between inputs.

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 01:30 PM »
I've also read your other thread.  From your conditions, get the 42PV8, may sukli ka pa (it sells for as low as 51k cash, @Listening Room Megamall).  65% is for TV viewing and movies, in a fairly dark environment.  I'm sure the plasma can also hold it's own with gaming, and I'm sure your kids aren't critiques with jaggies and image lags.  Burn-in isn't much of an issue anymore, specially if you interchage the usage between inputs.
doing comparrisons.  Will be looking into the:

Pany LX80 lcd

Samsung 40A550 Full HD
Th sony 40V series full HD       

Panny 42PV8
Panny 42pv80

42 py700 full HD
42 py 800 full hd       Over Budget but will see...

Thanx for your quick reply.  Will be bouncing around today
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 01:45 PM »
I own a Panasonic 42PV8, it's really good for movies and cable tv which is my primary use ... if you're going to use it a large chunk of time on PS3, I would recommend an LCD however - not because of the better quality, but because of IR and burn image worries ...haven't experienced such on my unit, but better be safe than sorry.

I haven't seen the Panny LCD's in action, but I have thoroughly auditioned the Samsung 5 & 6-series and the Toshiba LCD's - you can't go wrong with either of these two brands ... I saw from the other thread that you have a 60k budget for a 37-inch TV - go for the full HD LCD if you have that much budget, reason is that playing PS3 games usually requires closer viewing distance compared to watching movies.

Just my opinion ... hope this helps.
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 07:43 PM »
I own a Panasonic 42PV8, it's really good for movies and cable tv which is my primary use ... if you're going to use it a large chunk of time on PS3, I would recommend an LCD however - not because of the better quality, but because of IR and burn image worries ...haven't experienced such on my unit, but better be safe than sorry.

I haven't seen the Panny LCD's in action, but I have thoroughly auditioned the Samsung 5 & 6-series and the Toshiba LCD's - you can't go wrong with either of these two brands ... I saw from the other thread that you have a 60k budget for a 37-inch TV - go for the full HD LCD if you have that much budget, reason is that playing PS3 games usually requires closer viewing distance compared to watching movies.

Just my opinion ... hope this helps.

Thanx for your comments.  Spoke to a few dealers and they have told me not to worry about burn from PS3.  "First generation" Plasma screens of today as opposed to that of yesteryear  can pretty much compensate and correct those (burnt) images within 15 minutes.  Burn from using the plasma as a pc monitor is another story and can really leave  a permanent  print. 

I just returned from a three hour side by side comparrison of three LCD's and a plasma.  It was a very eye opening experience for me.  Will tell my story
tomorrow after a little rest.
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline NikkoPH

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 10:56 PM »
Hi guys, im about to purchase my 1st LCDTV anytime soon. Im a bit confused as any 1st timer what to buy and what to consider before making the purchase. Il be putting the TV in our small living room, im planning to mount the TV on the wall which is around 7 - 8 FT from the sofa. is it advisable to get a 37" or a 32" only? thanks!
My Ink tells a different story