Author Topic: Panasonic 42pv70H Rocks!!!  (Read 180903 times)

Offline bhongskie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Panasonic 42pv70H Rocks!!!
« Reply #810 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 01:39 PM »

wow! so it's true that the pv70 has no ir or burn in problem issues anymore... well thanks for the info i can now watch local tv channels in 4:3 mode (they will not look fat (or bansot) anymore) i want kasi the true dimension format of what source im watching eh. i dont want to see stretched people but i do love to watch 16:9 movies that fit the whole screen

i just dont know for extended hours of use kung magkaka IR.  actually at first takot din ako so what i did then was to zoom after every 30 mins of viewing. napagod na ko so ginawa ko after an hour na ako mag zoom wala din IR then i tried 2 hours, wala pa din so i did a torture test, watched LOTR extended version for around 3 hours so far wala pa rin. ayoko na muna mag extend beyond 3 hours   ;D ;D

Bansot nga kapag 16:9, kaya yung mga hobbits lalong bumaba   ;D

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #811 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 01:42 PM »
Pde malaman settings nyo sa Panny nyo... like the contrast, brigthness, etc.... tapos COOL gamit ko sa colors...

I set my panny to 40 all settings (contrast, brightness, etc.) in standard mode for the break-in period.   CAn't wait for the spyder calibration to get the best settings.

Online ndotcom

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • verbum sat sapienti est
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #812 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 10:44 PM »
Hi po, planning to buy this model din but my concern is kung wallmount ba siya at di naka aircon ang living room di kaya siya mag init? Can you help me decide? Gusto kasi ni commander wall mount. Thanks....

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #813 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 11:06 PM »
Don't have mine wall mounted, so will not be able to give you feedback how it heats up if on a wall.  For the stand it comes with, aircon or not the back part of the tv is the one that heats up more than the front.  That is- after a considerable long period of viewing ::)  Overall, i would highly recommend the unit.  Go for it, great for tv viewing, better for movies ;D Get the Wife Approval, then go for it :)

Blackie ;D
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline athos45

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Feb 17, 2008 at 03:00 AM »
Don't have mine wall mounted, so will not be able to give you feedback how it heats up if on a wall.  For the stand it comes with, aircon or not the back part of the tv is the one that heats up more than the front.  That is- after a considerable long period of viewing ::)  Overall, i would highly recommend the unit.  Go for it, great for tv viewing, better for movies ;D Get the Wife Approval, then go for it :)

Blackie ;D
what is your concern? Na mag overheat yung plasma or maging mainit ang viewing area?
-if the former, it won't. The Tv was designed for wall mounting
-if because of heat sa living area, it will an itsy bitsy bit, but it wont be significant.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #815 on: Feb 17, 2008 at 04:56 AM »
Hi po, planning to buy this model din but my concern is kung wallmount ba siya at di naka aircon ang living room di kaya siya mag init? Can you help me decide? Gusto kasi ni commander wall mount. Thanks....

This was my concern also before re: heat emitted by the plasma.  I am watching 2-3 hours in one sitting in a bedroom with no A/C.  Heat if ever there is is very negligible from my 5-6 feet viewing distance.  In my experience, heat from the plasma is somewhat the same with an LCD with the same size.  This shouldn't be a deterrent in your decision making in buying a plasma. 

Cheers and enjoy!  ;D

Online ndotcom

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: Feb 17, 2008 at 08:32 AM »
Thanks mga guys, now am going to convince my wife on getting this model.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #817 on: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM »
My friend got this model (upon my recommendation). When it was installed in her home, a strange thing happened. The signal from the remote control of the pana is apparently the same as or close to the mitsubishi aircon she has in her house (the kind operated by remote control). So, whenever she touched anything in her pana remote (volume, switch channels etc), the aircon would respond with an annoying click. she had no choice but to buy another model/brand.

Offline boglers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: Feb 17, 2008 at 02:10 PM »
My friend got this model (upon my recommendation). When it was installed in her home, a strange thing happened. The signal from the remote control of the pana is apparently the same as or close to the mitsubishi aircon she has in her house (the kind operated by remote control). So, whenever she touched anything in her pana remote (volume, switch channels etc), the aircon would respond with an annoying click. she had no choice but to buy another model/brand.

Yaman naman ng friend mo :) Pde naman nya cguro takpan yung remote sensor ng airon since mas madalas naman nya gagamitin remot eng tv kesa aircon... or pde nya rin harangin lang cguro line of sight or within the range ng aircon remote sensor nya...  Pero kung marami talaga sya budget, why not ;D
Panasonic 42PV70H
ONKYO-505
Pio-DV600
Wharfs 9.1/DFS/CS
US A

Offline athos45

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: Feb 17, 2008 at 11:22 PM »
Thanks mga guys, now am going to convince my wife on getting this model.
a plasma was once a 300k investment. now its almost 1/6th that. Good luck on the convincing, tell her it'll keep you home more often... it worked for me.  ;)

Offline otepsy

• Collector
  • quality over quantity...
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM »
ano po ideal viewing distance with 42pv70...

8ft po ako eh....

kayo po?

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 11:57 AM »
ano po ideal viewing distance with 42pv70...

8ft po ako eh....

kayo po?

may nabasa ko sa net, yung diagonal screen size ng tv multiply by 2.5 yun ata ideal viewing distance.  so kung 42" x 2.5 = 105' or 8.75 feet

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #822 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:26 PM »
ako bro nasanay na sa widescreen so kahit cable channels 16:9 or just ko pinapanood   ;D

don't worry much about IR, have tried my plasma for 3 hours straight with those balck bars above and below (watching LOTR) I didnt find any IR whatsoever...or mahina na siguro mata ko   ;D

I did this while still on so called break-in period.  nasa 75 hours pa lang ako as of yesterday

hehe ako din bro nasanay na na naka zoom kahit on regular catv viewing.

well about IR...i did exp this with mine...hehe nababad kasi ng laro sa PS3 eh kaya ayun may makikita ka lalo na pag all white screen mo. pero nawawala din naman n di mo makita pag sa normal viewing

Offline boglers

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 01:36 PM »
a plasma was once a 300k investment. now its almost 1/6th that. Good luck on the convincing, tell her it'll keep you home more often... it worked for me.  ;)

ditto :) hahaha! bawal na raw ako gumimik pag weekend... yeah right!  ;D
Panasonic 42PV70H
ONKYO-505
Pio-DV600
Wharfs 9.1/DFS/CS
US A

Offline boglers

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 01:37 PM »
I set my panny to 40 all settings (contrast, brightness, etc.) in standard mode for the break-in period.   CAn't wait for the spyder calibration to get the best settings.

40 lahat... mukhang madilim yan bro... :)
Panasonic 42PV70H
ONKYO-505
Pio-DV600
Wharfs 9.1/DFS/CS
US A

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 02:06 PM »
40 lahat... mukhang madilim yan bro... :)

yup medyo madilim nga pero ok lang coz sa break-in lang naman yan.  after that, i'll have it calibrated the get optimal settings

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 02:12 PM »
hehe ako din bro nasanay na na naka zoom kahit on regular catv viewing.

well about IR...i did exp this with mine...hehe nababad kasi ng laro sa PS3 eh kaya ayun may makikita ka lalo na pag all white screen mo. pero nawawala din naman n di mo makita pag sa normal viewing

bro kt, ako na-experience ko IR with the logo of my dvd player, less than 1 minute lang nakababad sa screen ayun may IR pag all black naman ang screen pero nawala rin after a while when watching other programs.   but with regards to the black bars wala naman ako napansin na IR

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 02:26 PM »
I watch cable TV in 4:3 ratio. There's IR after a while. Not noticeable when suddenly switching to widescreen.

Online ndotcom

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 09:42 AM »

Sir Athos45, this would rather be difficult for me since I am outside the country right now  ;), actually my family wants me go home now so I think the better convincing power is buy the Plasma or I will not go home hehehe  ;D

peace

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 02:13 PM »
bro kt, ako na-experience ko IR with the logo of my dvd player, less than 1 minute lang nakababad sa screen ayun may IR pag all black naman ang screen pero nawala rin after a while when watching other programs.   but with regards to the black bars wala naman ako napansin na IR

bro sa black bars di naman noticeable if ever may IR. sakin kasi nababad sa kakalaro ng game kaya ayun pag all white screen makita mo yung health bar n weapon selection haha...pero nawawala din naman n di mo makita unless white screen ka

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 03:47 PM »
Sir Athos45, this would rather be difficult for me since I am outside the country right now  ;), actually my family wants me go home now so I think the better convincing power is buy the Plasma or I will not go home hehehe  ;D

peace

Uy pare, I just read your PMs sakin!  It's good to hear na napili mo itong Pana 42PV70, ang ganda nito, super bang for the buck ika nga!  Look, eto yung unit ko:

Yang pic na nyan ang pinost ko sa thread na "how do you clean your LCD..." kaya ang nakafocus eh yung hitech na basahan, hehehe!!!   :D
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Online ndotcom

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 09:04 AM »
Ganda nga Ka Froi. Sana makarating sila sa kuweba ko sa Antipolo at madeliver na this Sunday  :D. San nabibili yang panglinis mo at ano gamit mo medyo dump lang sa tubig?

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 11:31 AM »
Uy pare, I just read your PMs sakin!  It's good to hear na napili mo itong Pana 42PV70, ang ganda nito, super bang for the buck ika nga!  Look, eto yung unit ko:

Yang pic na nyan ang pinost ko sa thread na "how do you clean your LCD..." kaya ang nakafocus eh yung hitech na basahan, hehehe!!!   :D

there's another type of microfiber cloth you can use to clean gadgets, its in towel form i think 16" x 16".  The one in the pic is like a wash mit for cars.  You can buy microfiber cloth sa mga auto supply shops like concorde but I saw some at ace hardware and handyman stores.  Microtex is a good brand for microfiber.  Some cloths are color coded.

Offline LETOR

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 05:14 PM »
Mga sirs, ano po ba ang native resolution ng panasonic plasma model na 'to? thanks po for any reply.

Offline mib

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 07:11 PM »
Mga sirs, ano po ba ang native resolution ng panasonic plasma model na 'to? thanks po for any reply.

1024x768

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 06:02 AM »
thanks to S&S, just had my set calibrated. laki ng difference sa color clarity.

but placing the panny side by side with my old 32" sony xbr and watching skycable,
i notice that the skin tones of the panny are yellowish, while the blue of the night is aqua green.
panalo ang old set ko dito in terms of color.

haven't test it though using dvd's.

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 03:51 PM »

but placing the panny side by side with my old 32" sony xbr and watching skycable,
i notice that the skin tones of the panny are yellowish, while the blue of the night is aqua green.

Nice observations.  But I think you should try DVD movie viewing to better appreciate the improved picture quality. Sometimes the weak signal from cable receptions deteriorate the color and black contrast.

Nevertheless, enjoy your new calibrated TV.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 04:02 PM »

Sir, kahit using dvd yellowish pa rin lalabas yan.  To remove the yellowish tint, i-set mo sa "cool" yung color temp mo.  Pag warm or standard kasi ang setting ng color temp, magyeyellow/greenish tint talaga yan.  This is based on my observation sa Pany pv42 ko.  Ganun din yung mga plasma (different brands) sa office namin na ginagamit as monitor sa mga servers, pag warm ang temp setting nagyeyellowish.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 04:06 PM »
Nice observations.  But I think you should try DVD movie viewing to better appreciate the improved picture quality. Sometimes the weak signal from cable receptions deteriorate the color and black contrast.

Nevertheless, enjoy your new calibrated TV.

Sir, mas maganda nga pag dvd viewing, pero magye-ellowish pa rin yan pag naka "warm" yung color temp.  No amount of setting or calibration can remove that yellowish tint, the only solution is to set the color temp to "cool".

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 04:17 PM »
Sir, mas maganda nga pag dvd viewing, pero magye-ellowish pa rin yan pag naka "warm" yung color temp.  No amount of setting or calibration can remove that yellowish tint, the only solution is to set the color temp to "cool".

Yes, that's also one way to correct the color.  Thanks for pointing that out.