Author Topic: Samsung LCD Issues  (Read 7665 times)

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Samsung LCD Issues
« on: Aug 09, 2007 at 12:17 PM »
My Samsung Sonoma 32 LCD suddenly displayed a blue vertical line on the viewer right side.

Is this a Dead Pixel issue or worse?? Can this still be repaired ??  :'( :-\

I called the Samsung Service Call Hotline,and they will send a technician to evaluate my LCD.

For info to those members who also owns the Samsung Sonoma LCD.

Offline allenwfc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Samsung LCD Issues
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2007 at 01:09 PM »
My Samsung Sonoma 32 LCD suddenly displayed a blue vertical line on the viewer right side.

I called the Samsung Service Call Hotline,and they will send a technician to evaluate my LCD.

is it still under warranty?

if it is, then your generally safe :)
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2007 at 01:33 PM »
Yes, I suppose so, I got this as an upgrade for my unrepairable slimfit, so basically, it should be under 6 months.

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2007 at 04:18 PM »
Yes, I suppose so, I got this as an upgrade for my unrepairable slimfit, so basically, it should be under 6 months.

wow.. looks like tv's hav e short shelf life with you :(

sorry to hear your having all this problems...
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2007 at 10:23 PM »
well, if it is still within warranty you are safe with samsung.  based on experience, they have the best service so  so far.
bdw, i'm not in any way connected to samsung. :)

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2007 at 12:39 AM »
hmm... I also have a Sonoma... (LA32S71B)

Sir, pwede po pa-post ng pic nung line na tinutukoy nyo?  ::)

:o

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2007 at 09:29 AM »
Second replacement?

Hmm..perhaps invest in surge protectors, and a very good AVR (the types not made
in China that introduces more noise in the line).

It's rather unusual to have two TVs fail within warranty.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2007 at 10:06 AM »

My friend also got one of those slimfits, and in under a year, it was also unrepairable.

I think there was a reason they suddenly sold those widescreen slimfits for what seemed to be a bargain price.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline silhouette

• Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 2007 at 08:45 PM »
I was also told that we lcd users should also protect our units if we use it in cable viewing.  Since there is also a surge, ground via the coax, which bdw is common during rainy season.
This is the reason why I have not used my unit in cable viewing...yet. Just a tip.

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 12:53 PM »

Alfie,

Interested in this case. Can you post an update . Thanks.

Offline carl2k

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 09:09 PM »
sir sa mga nasiraan ng samsung LCD or slimfit tv,

asahan nyo mas malking sira ang magyayari dyan sa panel nyo

un prestige service nila na inoofer is walang kwenta un

after they repaired the defective unit of samsung they give it back to the customer and if the same defect of the unit come back again they will return of your money bcos the main defect of your unit is still there
that's the prestige service warranty of SAMSUNG
so BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 10:24 PM »
^^nahilo ako sa post mo ah

youre saying that if the trouble re-appears after they service their unit, theyre going to refund your money? so whats wrong with that? thats exactly what id want.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 11:31 PM »
^^nahilo ako sa post mo ah

It's obvious that you haven't seen his prior posts.  :D

Offline chiemonyo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 06:08 AM »
sir sa mga nasiraan ng samsung LCD or slimfit tv,

asahan nyo mas malking sira ang magyayari dyan sa panel nyo

un prestige service nila na inoofer is walang kwenta un

after they repaired the defective unit of samsung they give it back to the customer and if the same defect of the unit come back again they will return of your money bcos the main defect of your unit is still there
that's the prestige service warranty of SAMSUNG
so BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buti na lang ako, d ko pa nararanasan tong "prestige service warranty of SAMSUNG" na sinasabi mo... :o :o

kasi i had my problems with my first slimfit tas nung nakita ng tech nila na may problema talaga,     replaced muna, pero ilang replacement na, geometric problems pa rin, then finally they offered me a refund.. then i grabbed it.. sus.. anong company pa ba mag-ooffer sa'yo ng refund after mong gamitin ang product nila for several months.

then after a few months, bumili ako ng R71.
after 3 months, meron ako napansin na 3 stucked pixel. I called samsung then a tech came along for a visit ;D ayun.. d naman daw sila nagpapalit ng panel lang and wala na raw sila stock na R71 na pamalit,  after  1 week here comes my brandnew, boxed and sealed R81 as a replacement. walang additional cost and no questions asked. ;)

is it just my luck or prestige service warranty of SAMSUNG?

I'm not related to Samsung nor any of my relatives and friends. I'm just overwhelmed with that kind of service and keeps my mind at peace. That's what i call "Sulit" !!!!

it's just me and my luck ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2007 at 06:13 AM by chiemonyo »

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 08:29 AM »
buti na lang ako, d ko pa nararanasan tong "prestige service warranty of SAMSUNG" na sinasabi mo... :o :o

kasi i had my problems with my first slimfit tas nung nakita ng tech nila na may problema talaga,     replaced muna, pero ilang replacement na, geometric problems pa rin, then finally they offered me a refund.. then i grabbed it.. sus.. anong company pa ba mag-ooffer sa'yo ng refund after mong gamitin ang product nila for several months.

then after a few months, bumili ako ng R71.
after 3 months, meron ako napansin na 3 stucked pixel. I called samsung then a tech came along for a visit ;D ayun.. d naman daw sila nagpapalit ng panel lang and wala na raw sila stock na R71 na pamalit,  after  1 week here comes my brandnew, boxed and sealed R81 as a replacement. walang additional cost and no questions asked. ;)

is it just my luck or prestige service warranty of SAMSUNG?

I'm not related to Samsung nor any of my relatives and friends. I'm just overwhelmed with that kind of service and keeps my mind at peace. That's what i call "Sulit" !!!!

it's just me and my luck ;D

yeah sulit nga sya dahil free upgrade pero sana hindi nalang sya nasisira in the 1st place... buti nlng hindi ako natuloy sa samsung

Offline chiemonyo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 01:44 AM »

yeah sulit nga sya dahil free upgrade pero sana hindi nalang sya nasisira in the 1st place... buti nlng hindi ako natuloy sa samsung

sana nga d na masira tong sakin  ;D
well cguro meron talaga mga nangyayari sa mga units from the factory. Cguro transportation factors or something.. chambahan na rin ;D basta importante palitan or magawa nila pag nagkaproblema ulit. So far, ok naman tong replacement nila.  ;D

Offline Thames

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 01:59 AM »

sa akin they changed the panel of my 40" r71.  nagkaroon ng parang mantsa yung panel sa upper left corner ng lcd.  after two weeks of observation, they replaced the panel unlike sa yo buo.  Buti nga umabot pa ako sa warranty and thanks to the 3 months additional warranty. 
abt dun sa mantsa, sabi nila alikabok daw yun na pumasok sa lcd panel, i find it hard to believe, pero napalitan naman so masaya na ako, pero mas masaya sana ako kung pinalitan nila ng buo yung tv. :)

Offline rene_canlas

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 02:18 AM »
Thought I 'd share my positive experience with Samsung Customer Support

I bought my Samsung 50-inch L2 DLP last December 2004, and since then I've had the following issues - Broken color wheel, which was replaced, followed a year later by a broken light engine, which was replaced also.  Now not even a year later, the light engine is busted again, and since the unit is out of warranty, I was facing a stiff repair bill.

I called Samsung support to complain about the light engine failure and to state how unhappy I was with the unit, and the support person said she'd investigate the history of the unit and escalate it to management.  a few days later, I call them up, and they offered me a brand new LA40S81B LCD TV to replace my almost 3 year old broken DLP FREE OF CHARGE.  Needless to say I was very happy with their decision to support a loyal customer.  I now have a choice between accepting the 40S81B or upgrading to a 46S81B by adding some cash.  They told me that once I make a decision it will take at most 2 weeks to deliver the replacement.

Now that's what I call customer support  :)

Note that I had some beef with their repairmen before (look here: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=3835.msg442963#msg442963)  but I have since learned that the repair service is contracted out to third party repair stores.

Offline Trig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 11:02 AM »
Yan ang upgrade! hehe from 3yr old 50"dlp to 40" lcd. ayus

Offline rene_canlas

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 01:59 PM »
Yan ang upgrade! hehe from 3yr old 50"dlp to 40" lcd. ayus

Yup, I decided to get the 46-incher for an additional cash out of 37K

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 04:43 PM »
good deal pre, nice to hear samsung does good after sales service unlike some companies na gusto lang profit today bahala na tomorrow if may maka alam ng quality nila!  Congrats on your upgrade!
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 04:58 PM »
My 32" lcd has a stuck pixel. Should I be worried and call samsung about it? Or should I just let it go? I don't really notice it unles the scenes are dark and I'm very close to the tv.
SARS!!!

Offline Trig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 06:04 PM »
Pagkakaalam ko upto 3 dead pixels, hindi pa daw tatangapin ng manufacturers. Kelangan ata > 3 yung dead pixels

Offline rene_canlas

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 03:05 AM »
My 32" lcd has a stuck pixel. Should I be worried and call samsung about it? Or should I just let it go? I don't really notice it unles the scenes are dark and I'm very close to the tv.

Here is Samsung Philippines' current policy statement regarding dead/stuck pixels:
http://www.samsung.com/ph/support/prestigeservice/index.htm

However, in other countries samsung has a zero dead pixel policy for LCDs bought starting 2005.  They will replace your unit if dead pixels are found withing 6 months of purchase.

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 09:14 AM »
Samsung's repair policy sucks.

After what they did to me on the sloppy repair of my year-old videocam, I'll never buy a Samsung product again!

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:38 AM »
After 6 weeks of haggling for a replacement or an upgrade( and I even offered to pay more) to their top of the line LCD:Samsung won't budge, and insisted that my unit is only for repair, thus, I finally gave in and had it repaired last Thursday, a little less than eight weeks,since, the Sincere Service center advised a panel defect and have it changed.

Samsung explained that they have to follow the repair policy,since, if they don't "everyone who buys a flat panel can always afford an upgrade" and thus, their "perstige service" will be "obstructed". Fine, with me, I have to respect the company policy,thus,the repair.

I can now see why I kept reading about Samsung being generous enough to upgrade CRT's and DLP's even after the warranty period.

You see, I was able to witness on hand, how easy and "affordable" it is to maintain the LCD.

There are only 4 parts involved in a LCD monitor.
1) LCD Panel
2) Motherboard
3) Power Supply
4) Frame
All are held together either by screws or a idiot proof wire connectors. The technician who came in with the sealed LCD panel,and sealed motherboard, even remarked "all you have to know is the model serial number of your LCD,and you can even repair this yourself".

Diagnostcs were as much easier:
1) No picture- Power supply,motherboard or connectors
2) Hazing/blurring picture-connector or motherboard
3) Lines/dead pixels-of course,what else=Panel

The hardest thing to do is to dismount/disconnect your LCD(of course,reconnect again after the repair),as well as unscrew the frame,after which, only about 15-20 minutes were needed to install the new panel, as well as the motherboard.

The Samsung rep that I talked to informed me that total cost of my repair amounted to 28K. I guess a year or so from now, a 32" panel might cheapen and hopefully cost around 5K(dreaming and hoping), and your local electronic repair shop might carry LCDs replacement from "Sharp, Samsung or even China generics", much like what I observed at the Gilmore IT center last Saturday,where they were changing 4 panels of 14" Laptops, each costing from "10K to 12K".

After reading much of the posts praising the Plasma, I ventured to TriNoMa and almost got to buy myself a 42" Plasma,since the price was very tempting,however, with the recent exposure I got from my LCD repair, I guess, I will stick to LCD despite the flaws and I can see that LCD is here to stay.

Now why wouldn't it.....when it can easily be managed within an hour or two.

Of course, unless you burned it...or trampled with it, then it becomes a throwaway much like a plasma or DLP. ;)

BTW....despite my request for an upgrade being denied by Samsung, I still hold them in high esteem, they're very professional with their ways, and follow a fair logic in their policies. I only hope that when the time comes that I'll have to pay for my repairs, the LCD panel prices would have plummeted to affordable levels. :)

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:43 AM by Alfie »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 11:55 AM »

BTW....despite my request for an upgrade being denied by Samsung, I still hold them in high esteem, they're very professional with their ways, and follow a fair logic in their policies. I only hope that when the time comes that I'll have to pay for my repairs, the LCD panel prices would have plummeted to affordable levels. :)

I agree.  Even if they did not upgrade with a different model, ayos na ayos pa rin.  Hindi naman tagpi-tagpi lang ang ginawa -- new panel and motherboard naman, so the I guess the unit was practically restored to its original condition.  Samsung still deserves the kudos.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 12:08 PM »
Barrister- I think they went ahead since the technician told me that the new panel parrallels that of the new Samsung  7000:1 contrast Models, and if we will use my old motherboard which is a 3000:1 contrast, it will not utilize the full potential of the new LCD.

Now...that is commendable indeed. ;D

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 08:50 AM »
Mga master, we have 32R81 LCD. Just want to ask kung napapansin nyo na merong nagsshake sa part ng inyong screen. Meaning yung part nung picture nagsshake sya. Indi yung buong screen, me mga parts lang sya nagsshake. Lalo na kung cable viewing lang. Is this a defect?  ???

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 04:52 PM »
Anyone also experiencing this???  ???