Author Topic: TROY (R3)  (Read 51639 times)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: TROY (R3)
« Reply #300 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 10:35 AM »
Because of all the bad press Troy received, DVDiva and I had zero expectations when we finally viewed the DVD. We were prepared for a numbingly dull experience but surprise! surprise! -- we actually enjoyed it. Perfect popcorn fare for the long weekend.

Despite the shallow script and pedestrian direction,  Troy deserves a place in history as the b-movie spectacle of 2004. My favorite bits: Brad Pitt's method acting (inspired by his Joe Black experience), the Achilles fighting style, Peter O'Toole's kingly brilliance (which bordered on overacting since he was surrounded by plywood co-stars), the grand Troy set, more skin than an episode of... uh, Queer as Folk (don't ask me how I know that) and Orlando Bloom reprising his Legolas role.

Seriously, how can you think ill of this film? ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2004 at 11:56 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #301 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 03:31 PM »
Finally got my postcard! Not bad at all teh whole package. Something different for a change. :)

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #302 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 05:08 PM »
Has there been any news on the Magic Sing promo for this release? Per Astro Festival staff, winners have already been drawn but have yet to be officially announced.. Did we hear right? Ala lang.. maybe some of us were among those who won..  ;D

Sir firewired, perhaps we can get some confirmation from Warner?  :)

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #303 on: Nov 28, 2004 at 07:44 PM »
Saw a sealed copy of the 2 disc se at quiapo for Php500. Am still saving for the LE ;)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Nov 29, 2004 at 07:48 PM »

Eat you heart out!!!  Check this Troy LE - Philippine Release up at Ebay, selling starting bid: $89.99 - BIN: $99.99

WHOA!!! Click the pic!!!

misleading copy though

8)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Nov 29, 2004 at 08:08 PM »
Gosh...over P5,600 for this?? Hehe  ;D Obviously the seller is attempting to make a killer profit by simply taking advantage of the situation.  For those who have not bought this should quickly rush out to get a copy before it's really out of print as some movie stores still selling it ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2004 at 08:12 PM by pchin »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #306 on: Nov 29, 2004 at 08:38 PM »

Eat you heart out!!!  Check this Troy LE - Philippine Release up at Ebay, selling starting bid: $89.99 - BIN: $99.99

WHOA!!! Click the pic!!!

This is the MOTHER-OF-ALL RARE DVDS.  This is the Limited Edition Region 3 NTSC 2 Disc DVD Limited Edition of the movie, TROY (Starring Brad Pitt and Eric Bana).  This ULTRA RARE AND OUT OF PRINT DVD WAS LIMITED TO ONLY 1,000 COPIES IN THE WORLD.  This Edition is Twice as Rare and Valuable as the Edition of the movie that comes in the wooden box that is limited to 2,000 copies.  This edition comes in a similar box case, but it's bound in Leather, ONLY 1,000 were printed, and the case opens differently.  This edition has everything the wooden box edition has and more.  This is THE FIRST EVER Limited Edition to come out of The Philippines & stands as A PART OF DVD & MOVIE HISTORY.  This Great 2 Disc DVD is packed with EXTRAS.  The set comes with a RARE Reprint of the Cannes Booklet and MUCH MORE.

Here's Some Technical Specifics:

Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1) Aspect Ratio
Optional English, Thai, Indonesian, Korean, and Chinese Subtitles
Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0
Languages: English and Thai
The DVD is a Region 3 DVD in NTSC Format and will thus Play ON ALL Region 1 Players as Well as Any ALL Region Players
THIS DVD IS BRAND NEW AND STILL SEALED IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING.  THE DVD PICTURED IS THE ONE UP FOR AUCTION.

This is Extremely Rare, Out Of Print, and Highly Collectible, so Own A Part of DVD History.  There's Only 1,000 of these in the World...And You Can't Buy Them Retail Anymore.

misleading copy though

8)

Copied from actual E-bay description of seller... Medyo misleading nga sir hem... What is that rare reprint of the Cannes Booklet he's takling about? If he's refering to the photo book, even the Korean release has that...

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Nov 29, 2004 at 08:51 PM »
obviously, nang loloko lang yung seller. baka maka loko nga naman ng puti  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Nov 29, 2004 at 09:13 PM »
Eh dito nga pinangraraffle na lang eh...  ;D
Pakyawin ko na kaya lahat and ipabenta ko sa tita ko sa Sacramento...  ::)
Ang dami pa sa mga Astro branches eh...

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Nov 29, 2004 at 10:17 PM »
Eh dito nga pinangraraffle na lang eh... ;D
Pakyawin ko na kaya lahat and ipabenta ko sa tita ko sa Sacramento... ::)
Ang dami pa sa mga Astro branches eh...

Just because it was raffled off doesn't lessen its value in any way. :) It wasn't easy to convince Warner to give away those sets. We had to make them kulit for 3 weeks to get them to agree since nearly all copies were purchased outright by the Astro chain. That's also the reason why the LE is not available in other stores.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2004 at 10:37 PM by firewired »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 01:44 AM »
Hi DVDiva... I did not mean to belittle the Troy LE...

I was hitting at the E-bay seller's exaggerated description of the set... "ULTRA RARE & OUT OF PRINT" plus "MOTHER-OF-ALL RARE DVDS"... we very much appreciate the ones raffled off at the EB...  ;D

Offline nicomd

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 08:27 AM »
Saw a sealed copy of the 2 disc se at quiapo for Php500. Am still saving for the LE ;)

Saan sa Quiapo ito? So are you saying that they are now selling orig DVDs at a lesser price there? This is definitely cheaper than the retail price of P895, and it's too expensive if it's a pirated one. Please confirm. Thanks.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 10:58 AM »
was hitting at the E-bay seller's exaggerated description of the set... "ULTRA RARE & OUT OF PRINT" plus "MOTHER-OF-ALL RARE DVDS"...

Geez... look at those words esp the 2nd one that almost sounds obscene.

Troy is a great movie & it's a added plus to have the DVD in a LE. Hmm...now I'm thinking of getting a second copy for keep as a gift for future usage.... ;)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 04:32 PM »
I'm really thinking of getting a few more myself, pchin but for "business" purposes... Might go to the U.S. early next year and might be able to sell them off there through E-bay...  :D

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #314 on: Dec 07, 2004 at 06:31 PM »
sorry nicomd for the late reply.  you may find a couple of stores carrying original DVDS in quiapo just infront of Isetann. most of the copies are sealed with promotional stickers intact etc, last saturday just saw copies of Hell Boy ,Spider-Man 2, Troy and Harry Potter 3 for Php500.00

Offline Gideon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Dec 11, 2004 at 08:18 PM »

Saan sa Quiapo ito? So are you saying that they are now selling orig DVDs at a lesser price there? This is definitely cheaper than the retail price of P895, and it's too expensive if it's a pirated one. Please confirm. Thanks.

Yeah, I think I heard of this kind.  It's those smuggled copies and sold to a cheaper price.

I believe they are Originals.
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Dec 11, 2004 at 11:58 PM »

Yeah, I think I heard of this kind.  It's those smuggled copies and sold to a cheaper price. I believe they are Originals.

I see before some DVDs bought from my friend from China selling slightly more expensive than those pirated dvds here. Some appear to be original due to the beautiful art cover or box but when inspect closely many are pirated. However, I'm not sure those selling in quiapo

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Dec 14, 2004 at 10:53 AM »
here is a comprehensive and, i guess factual, comparison between TROY Korean Release and Troy Philippine Release.

http://users.boardnation.com/~thedvdetective/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=683;start=0;boardseen=1

8)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Dec 14, 2004 at 11:39 AM »
here is a comprehensive and, i guess factual, comparison between TROY Korean Release and Troy Philippine Release.

http://users.boardnation.com/~thedvdetective/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=683;start=0;boardseen=1

Good comparison & photos too btw the two editions. Indeed in future release, hoping our local LE will improve its quality.  :-\  I wonder if the fella in ebay has managed to sell off his copy at about $100?  ;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Dec 14, 2004 at 12:02 PM »
agree.. improvement. improvement pls. for a start, i think the effort given to the production of Troy LE released here has promise.  but of course.. there is always an international standard that we can hopefully comply with and satisfy.

as for the ebay listing, i think.. the ending bid went above $200.00 :)
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2004 at 12:07 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Dec 14, 2004 at 12:54 PM »
agree.. improvement. improvement pls. for a start, i think the effort given to the production of Troy LE released here has promise.  but of course.. there is always an international standard that we can hopefully comply with and satisfy.
...as for the ebay listing, i think.. the ending bid went above $200.00 :)

Sayang they didn't include a cert in each box similar to the Spiderman 2 Gift set in order to show the limited copies of 1,000.  :(  Wow...above $200.. ngek! Good speed to the lucky winner pa!  ;D

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Dec 14, 2004 at 08:26 PM »
Hintayin ko na lang mag SALE ito, pati Last Samurai. ;D
Begin 2 Imagine

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Jun 13, 2005 at 04:52 PM »
Is this a Good Deal? at P1500.00 at this present time? Im just kinda late regarding this Troy Buzz last year

A suprise photo sent via email from my bro in Philippines, informing/confirming me that he aquired a Troy Philippines LE for me just last June 11(this past weekend)at P1500.00

Is this a pretty much Good Deal at P1500.00 ?

[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Jun 13, 2005 at 05:17 PM »
Is this a Good Deal? at P1500.00 at this present time? Im just kinda late regarding this Troy Buzz last year

1500 is the store price and I think its worth it.
At most, you can get 5 to 10% discount for a cash payment if you know the store manager  ;)

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Mar 24, 2006 at 04:05 PM »
Hintayin ko na lang mag SALE ito, pati Last Samurai. ;D

Got both of these (Troy and Last Samurai) 2-disc widescreen editions for PhP 499 each dun sa Astro SM Makati last Sunday (March 21).  Meron pa kayang makikitang LE today?  And for how much kaya?

Offline 2ngaw

• Collector
  • Baguhang Kolektor
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Mar 25, 2006 at 05:01 AM »
Meron pang Troy LEs sa Astro SM City Cyberzone at Astro V-mall, Greenhills. P1,500 R3.
I find your lack of clothes disturbing...

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Mar 27, 2006 at 08:54 PM »
Meron pang Troy LEs sa Astro SM City Cyberzone at Astro V-mall, Greenhills. P1,500 R3.

P1,500 pa rin pala!?!
Begin 2 Imagine

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #327 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 10:51 PM »
I just saw that the 2-Disc release of the OLD theatrical version of Troy is now priced at Php 350 and is packaged differently from the initial release - it now has a slipcase.

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to purchase this title at that low price. I hear the Director's Cut is still due for R3 release later this month from Warner, though.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Oct 03, 2007 at 09:14 PM »
Actually Mr. Hankey, the slipcased marked down R3 Troy has been out for months.  ;)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #329 on: Oct 03, 2007 at 10:43 PM »
Whoopie.  ::)

;D
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2007 at 10:45 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...