Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1066043 times)

Offline molins

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #1980 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM »
huwaaaw :o, hi end look talaga master, excited na naman for the titus review ;D

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #1981 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 03:38 PM »
Already heard it, they sound beautiful though it needs breaking in.

Pogi ng tweeter & woofer and they perform wonderfully too.

Offline stalkermania

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1982 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 03:45 PM »
sir... what time ka open pag weekends?... this saturday I will visit and bring may receiver for audition..

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1983 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 04:18 PM »
parang nahihilo na ako sa dami ng speakers ni master  ::) ::) ::)

January pa lang may bago na.  :D

akala ko ba huli na ang Biblical Series 'thon?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1984 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 09:00 PM »

ang bilis mo bro ah!  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1985 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 09:25 PM »

Impressions brader Juancho?  ;D

Offline larokulit

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1986 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 09:34 PM »
Nakakabighani talaga yung PSB woofer kahit anong anggulo. Ganda ng combination nya with the gold dome tweets.
Ibang level na talaga ang mga creations ni Master A.

Excited na rin ako sa review :D
DIY fan...

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1987 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 09:53 PM »
Impressions brader Juancho?  ;D

Haven't had much time with it.
I'm planning to give it a thorough listen hopefully next week.

First impressions is that it is laidback without sounding ngo ngo and the highs were detailed but not bright.
Flowy and not forward sounding.

The OEM woofers were not yet broken in when I heard them and Master suggests around 100hrs break in  :o

Brader Mardon, I'm sure you'll be familiar with the sound when you hear it  ;)

Offline dzanos

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1988 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 04:35 AM »
Hello sir, looking for 2.1 speakers (hopefully upgradable to 5.1 in the future) for a room about 6x6 feet .. I currently have a budget of 10k but was curious of what you can recommend. I came from PC speakers so i don't have any experience at all, I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thank you!

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1989 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 08:12 AM »
Genesis series plus a 10" powered sub I think will do, what amp are you going to use Bro? Anthony can give you a good deal for a complete Genesis series set-up ;)
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline gb

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1990 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 06:46 PM »
Hello sir, looking for 2.1 speakers (hopefully upgradable to 5.1 in the future) for a room about 6x6 feet .. I currently have a budget of 10k but was curious of what you can recommend. I came from PC speakers so i don't have any experience at all, I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thank you!

Genesis: P 2,700

10inch 120watts Down Firing Subwoofer Price: ask Mr. Leuterio (sayang dimo naabutan yong kay simonzaide @ 4.5k sold na!)

Kung wala kapang integrated amp for your 2.1 setup, you may try Sir Jojo amps.

JD Integrated Amp: P6,500

What's the advantage of buying Mr. Leuterio Speaker?
besides of PinoyDVD Choice Award, Best Speaker of the Year and all the praises...
Ito lang ma i c share ko sau, pag masira ung tweeter or woofer mo sakaling hatawin ng asawa mo o sa dmalamang kadahilanan... You can easily replace the damage driver...
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011 at 02:04 AM by gb »

Offline Kikkoman

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1991 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 07:07 PM »
...just finished reading the entire thread. Grabe. Para kang nagbabasa ng history ng A-Audio at ang developments at review ng bawat speaker at ang insistent tug... pull... sa sarili mo na pumunta sa Bicutan, mag-audition at... BUMILI!!! Hehehe.  ;D San ba yang A-Audio? Paano kaming di pa nakakapunta dun? Paano kami makakarating? Sana may map/directions sa magco-commute or magda-drive papunta dun. Makapunta nga pag naka-post na directions.  :) :D ;D

Offline dzanos

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1992 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 08:32 PM »
Wow! Sulit na sulit. Thank you sa mga reply! Merong integrated amp na naiwan dito yung tito ko sa bahay yun ang gagamitin ko pero I'm seriously considering sir JoJoD's amp, familiar ako sa kanya sa headphones thread sa ibang sites. :D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1993 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 08:27 AM »
Brader Mardon, I'm sure you'll be familiar with the sound when you hear it  ;)

Hmmmm........news from the grapevine suggests that the 10k A-Audio Titus bookshelf exceeded the popular british made branded speaker that uses a 8" driver and sells for 30k+ :o

This is quite an achievement for A-Audio speakers that will surely benefit its loyal and would be fans - so congrats to DIY Master Anthony and the A-Audio crew!  ;)

p.s. kailan ko ba ma-audi yan master?  ;D

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1994 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 08:54 AM »
^ member les888 txted me the other day after he bought a pair of Titus bookshelves.

The Titus sounds like it's worth 60k ::)

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1995 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 09:02 AM »
^ member les888 txted me the other day after he bought a pair of Titus bookshelves.

The Titus sounds like it's worth 60k ::)

probably more... at a day and 3/4 of use... they're something else.

i might miss my dali's ribbon  tweeter.. but man.. the resolution of these titus speakers is something else.

watched iron man 1 the other day.. i heard things in that cave scene that i did not hear with the ikon 2 mk2. in transformers 2.. first scene where they're chasing that big wheel, when ironhide transforms i heard minute details that the dali couldn't reproduce. mummy 1.. during the prologue re imhotep and they had this egyptian music playing.. i couldn't help but feel na i got what i wanted, speakers that have enough presence to make me feel like i'm in egypt during that particular scene.

oh in concerts.. david foster's hitman got me really weirded out na when blake shelton does a high five with foster, you can actually hear it.

with music.. they're great too. very dynamic, clear and very balanced. oh and i thought i'd be missing the prat of my dali. they're here too !

now with 445 movies plus, i don't know what to watch. probably start off with batman begins (like i always do when there's something new in my system.

anyways, they're pretty well balanced, resolving..and clear.

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011 at 09:16 AM by les888 »

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #1996 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 09:53 AM »

i might miss my dali's ribbon  tweeter.. but man.. the resolution of these titus speakers is something else.

watched iron man 1 the other day.. i heard things in that cave scene that i did not hear with the ikon 2 mk2. in transformers 2.. first scene where they're chasing that big wheel, when ironhide transforms i heard minute details that the dali couldn't reproduce. mummy 1.. during the prologue re imhotep and they had this egyptian music playing.. i couldn't help but feel na i got what i wanted, speakers that have enough presence to make me feel like i'm in egypt during that particular scene.

oh in concerts.. david foster's hitman got me really weirded out na when blake shelton does a high five with foster, you can actually hear it.

with music.. they're great too. very dynamic, clear and very balanced. oh and i thought i'd be missing the prat of my dali. they're here too !

now with 445 movies plus, i don't know what to watch. probably start off with batman begins (like i always do when there's something new in my system.

Nice review Less! Makes me want  to buy the Titus myself.  ;D

Offline boyet0173

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1997 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 10:12 AM »

sir les888, anong speaker na binili mo ung bang psb ang woofer? tia

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1998 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 11:08 AM »

Lets just hope you wont miss your Dali's ribbon tweeter because if you checked the specs of the new Titus speakers posted by master anthony, it states 30khz - so possibly hitting the realms of a ribbon tweeter.

Introducing A-audio Titus Series....

Titus FS
8" polypropylene cone, aluminum di-cast basket.
Gold dome 1inch tweeter
300watts
8 ohms
91db
22hz-30khz
H- 42" w/ spikes (from Sir Macdon)
W- 9 1/8"
D - 12.5" w/ grill

However, I would be more interested if you could share with us the sonic differences between the original british brand speaker that you used to have and sold to this new Titus of a-audio ;)
Should we entice master anthony to place a metal grille over the tweeter?  :D ;D
Thanks for the review Les ;)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1999 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 11:19 AM »

sir les888, anong speaker na binili mo ung bang psb ang woofer? tia

If you guys are wondering if the 8" PSB drivers will sound different from the black 8" Scanspeak drivers, the answer would be no. From what I've heard, the psb white drivers have a different xover than the black scanspeak drivers to make them sonically the same.

The white 8" PSB drivers are such a small supply that you might be better off with buying the 8" black scanspeak drivers instead.......because if you happen to upgrade more speakers in the future or if something happens to your drivers, I bet only the black 8" scanspeak drivers will be abundant and available.

Offline Digities

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2000 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM »
Should we entice master anthony to place a metal grille over the tweeter?  :D ;D
Thanks for the review Les ;)

welcome :). wag lagyan ng grille.. when i had the sierra tango whiskey oscar several years ago, i took out the grille.

Offline Digities

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2001 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 12:09 PM »
Nice review Less! Makes me want  to buy the Titus myself.  ;D

thanks. :D

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2002 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 04:50 PM »
Saludo ako sa mga creations mo Master Anthony. I just got the Proac Ht from Bryan today and honestly speaking I'm amazed with the sound coming from the Proac 2.5, center and 1sc. My next project will be your Titus. Now I will buy directly to you master. Magaling talaga ang pinoy. Saludo ako sa iyo Master Anthony. I love the people here in Pdvd. You guys are gurus in audiophile. Hope to see you on the next BS from master A.
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2003 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 05:33 PM »
^ Congrats soundgarden, The ProAc 2.5 clones are definitely for keeps.
I have a pair myself  ;)

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2004 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 06:34 PM »
Yes your right Juancho proac by Aaudio is for keeps. Marami na akong na subukang mga speakers but the creation of the master himself pang international na. I dont want to say it's a clone. Kaya nyang gawing mas magandang tumunog yong gawa nya kaysa sa original. That's perfectionist with focus.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011 at 06:37 PM by soundgarden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline Digities

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2005 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 06:49 PM »
Yes your right Juancho proac by Aaudio is for keeps. Marami na akong na subukang mga speakers but the creation of the master himself pang international na. I dont want to say it's a clone. Kaya nyang gawing mas magandang tumunog yong gawa nya kaysa sa original. That's perfectionist with focus.

agree !

Offline stalkermania

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2006 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 08:46 PM »
got my genesis BS and Center this afternoon from sir anthony..

very accomodating guy....
i enjoyed the audition of the titus FS and some ezra BS speakers too..  :D

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2007 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 08:56 PM »
Was able to hear the titus sing kanina and all I can say is wow! ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2008 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 01:31 AM »
A-Audio Titus Speakers

It seems like master Anthony has another stallion in his stable of speakers - another thoroughbred that likes to get in front of the pack and leave everyone behind eating his dust. The Titus certainly begs to be heard as it has the largest driver of 8" in the stable coupled with a high extending 30khz tweeter - dynamic, forward sounding, clarity, fuller body and bass are just the normal characteristics of the bookshelf.

Its bigger brother, the Floorstander has all of the above characteristics of the bookshelf, but presents a larger and deeper soundstage than its smaller sibling. I am happy to note that both BS and FS perfectly matches each other sonically ;)

The center speaker on the other hand exhibited a different breed - I found it a bit muffled with less clarity and lesser output than both the BS & FS. Its quite a mystery, as the center speaker has the same drivers and xovers .............but only to find out later that it was a sealed design while the BS and FS speakers were ported :P Its probably just a slight oversight, but I want to audition a Titus center speaker again when it is ported ;D No way can a sealed design match with a ported design having the same components.

As of this writing, I dont think its fair to give these Titus 5 speaker set a proper review at the moment as they were just completed earlier today. A polypropylene cone takes hundreds of hours to fully break-in and its stiffness was evident in tonight's audition. However, its potential to be a great performer is already instilled - it will just take some practice runs before it can win races ;)
I can honestly say that once these thoroughbreds are fully broken-in, they can easily beat any branded british racehorse that are 4x its cost ;D

Subjectivism

To add my own personal opinion, I would agree that the white PSB polypropylene cone looks great with the front piano finish vinyl and the gold tweeter. In fact, A-Audio speakers are now starting to look like branded speakers rather than a DIY offering.
I do however value sound quality first before aesthetics, so I would be more inclined to have the treated paper cones of the scanspeak rather than a polypropylene cone of the PSB. For me, a treated paper cone sounds more "natural".
Do take note also that the PSB drivers are limited to only a few drivers left - so once they're gone all Titus sets would be using black scanspeak cones. So if you have plans of ordering more Titus speakers in the future or be worried about replacement drivers, consider the other option.

Thanks again to master Anthony for another great listening session with great food to boot! ;D

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2009 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 08:12 AM »
Nice review sir mardon,

Yes, the OEM drivers are only limited to 20 pcs.
And takes a long time to break in.

The scanspeak paper cones perform just as well and in fact may sound a little more natural, they're just not as pogi as the OEM ones  ;D