Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1083700 times)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #210 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 09:46 AM »
+1 ganda ng finish!

sir mac, how does the 2.5 sound in comparo with the orig proac + your two fs subwoofers? any impressions!

btw, congrats anthony, great speakers!!!

The 2.5 has more weight & body in delivering the sonics, due to its 6.5" midwoofer driver, while the original response 1sc with combi stereo subs still retained the upper mid-high detail with the added kick. The original response plus combi subs would offer more flexibility since the stereo subs could be adjusted both in freq cutoff as well as output - but it takes proper calibration to fine tune.

I really cant decide where to use the 2.5 whether for audio or HT, but I certainly wouldnt mind having it in both ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #211 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM »
The 2.5 has more weight & body in delivering the sonics, due to its 6.5" midwoofer driver, while the original response 1sc with combi stereo subs still retained the upper mid-high detail with the added kick. The original response plus combi subs would offer more flexibility since the stereo subs could be adjusted both in freq cutoff as well as output - but it takes proper calibration to fine tune.

I really cant decide where to use the 2.5 whether for audio or HT, but I certainly wouldnt mind having it in both ;D

nice!  ;D

Offline macx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 02:50 PM »
Excited na ako sa 2.5s ni Anthony!  ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 10:51 PM »
Congratulations to our DIY Master Anthony for a successful first day in the "Inventor's Expo" in MegaMall A  ;D

Thanks to all pdvd members who dropped by - hope there would be more in the next 3 days ;D

Some quotable quotes:

"So, anong difference nito sa Dai-chi?"  :D ;D
"Uyy, mas maganda tumunog eto kaysa Bose ah!"   :D ;D

The Proac 2.5 clone was a big hit in the booth - it surprised a lot of folks, including the DIY Master himself ;D

Special Sale!!!!

Due to the lengthy distance between the participant's parked cars and the venue, Anthony would be selling the ff speakers so he doesnt have to carry them when they egress on Sunday.
Please take note, you can only pickup your speakers after 9pm on Sunday ;)

Proac Tritower clone.............14k, ......now only 11k
Proac 2.5 clone..........sold
Proac D2 clone.........not for sale (Anthony's personal copy)

Note:  Unfortunately, no proac clones (small bookshelves) ever made it to the show as Anthony didnt have space in his car. :(

Offline Stark3

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM »

:D  :D  :D

Special Sale!!!!

Due to the lengthy distance between the participant's parked cars and the venue, Anthony would be selling the ff speakers so he doesnt have to carry them when they egress on Sunday.

Note:  Unfortunately, no proac clones (small bookshelves) ever made it to the show as Anthony didnt have space in his car. :(

Uy, the affordable made even more affordable. Sayang ... kung indi ko lang kailangan unahin ang mapagkakabitan ng mga ito e, kakagatin ko na. Hahaha. Happy listening sa magiging lucky owner nung tri tower!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #215 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 02:15 AM »
Congratulations to our DIY Master Anthony for a successful first day in the "Inventor's Expo" in MegaMall A  ;D

Thanks to all pdvd members who dropped by - hope there would be more in the next 3 days ;D

Some quotable quotes:

The Proac 2.5 clone was a big hit in the booth - it surprised a lot of folks, including the DIY Master himself ;D

Special Sale!!!!

Di kayo nagsabi at nagyaya.

Ilan bang speakers yan? Palagay ko kasya sa ride ko yan eh.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 07:03 AM »
Di kayo nagsabi at nagyaya.

Ilan bang speakers yan? Palagay ko kasya sa ride ko yan eh.

punta tayo bukas sir nelson? you want? ;D daan ako shang bukas eh, diba sa megamall lang tong event?

o EB na!
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline gael

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM »
Sir Macdon,

I recently bought the Proac D2.  Does this mean Anthony convert it to the new crossover design?

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM »
Sir Macdon,

I recently bought the Proac D2.  Does this mean Anthony convert it to the new crossover design?

When did you get it sir?

Kindly text/call Anthony sir, I'm sure he would know more.

Offline gael

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 01:52 PM »
Sir Macdon,

Got it a day after I got Paradigm subs...about a month ago.  Anthony confirmed that it has the old design and will update it for a minimal fee - probably at cost.  Will take about an hour so will just visit him next week.  Thanks for the help.

Arnie

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 04:23 PM »
mga sirs,

this is the beauty of the a-audio creations, for a minimal fee upgraded na kaagad ang speaker. sa iba, minor adjustments lang may prefix na kaagad na i, se, mk.....

galing ng service, affordable na at upgradeable pa, saan ka pa?

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 06:11 PM »
Sir Macdon,

Got it a day after I got Paradigm subs...about a month ago.  Anthony confirmed that it has the old design and will update it for a minimal fee - probably at cost.  Will take about an hour so will just visit him next week.  Thanks for the help.

Arnie

Hi Arnie - thats good to hear brader ;) Full support ka naman jan bro - dont worry ;)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 06:13 PM »
mga sirs,

this is the beauty of the a-audio creations, for a minimal fee upgraded na kaagad ang speaker. sa iba, minor adjustments lang may prefix na kaagad na i, se, mk.....

galing ng service, affordable na at upgradeable pa, saan ka pa?

I bet the others would say - eh di bumile ka ng high-end line namin  :D ;D

Offline gael

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 06:24 PM »
Agree mga sirs. Very pleasant to deal with si Anthony.  Sulit talaga

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:12 PM »
In page 49 of Anthony's previous thread entitled "Custom Speakers of Nirvbkr, simple the best!!!", sir Allan1836 wrote his review of the clones:

Hi All! It's been awhile since I posted here in pdvd since na lihis ang hobby ko but recent "accidental" developments, led me to be introduced to sir macdon and sir anthony. One thing led to another as they say and in short, last night, a dimunitive and unassuming little speaker is sitting in my now very quite and inactive lounge (it's been months since I listened seriously to music  ).

Admittedly, I was reluctant at first to get this "clone" speakers since my mentality now is "been there than that" attitude and I was firm in just keeping a very low profile audio set up. But me being a " doubting Thomas" and wanting to disapprove such high acclaims of speakers costing so little and being a diy, at that,  beating hi end speakers  is to much to ignore.

We (sir Anthony by my side) first tried my Yamaha NS-555 floorstanding spakers ( I told you guys I'm low profiled nowadays  ) as a reference. I know this is not a fair comparison since the yammies are 3 ways with dual 6" woofers each side but I don't have real worthy bookshelf available. We now have a little idea how a big speaker sounds.

We then fired this proac wannabe and played the same audiophile selection (a jazz in the pawnshop cut). At first, I was a bit disappointed since the soundstage and frequency bandwidth dropped considerably. Anthony, sat motionless for awhile.   He then requested me to increase the volume of my pre amp. I obliged. Then things started to get interesting.   As we progress, the sound slowly opened up and the frequency bandwidth increased to the point that it is now comparable to my yammies in soundstage and everything!   

As it turned out, the speakers are not yet burned in and understandably is lower in efficiency than my yammies. My extended listening that night after Anthony went home already showed a lot ( I mean a LOT !!) of potentials for this wannabe.   I should note that after an hour of listening I already reduced my volume by 3 steps in the potentiometer with the sound output constant, meaning the efficiency of the speakers went up already. 

Remind you guys, this is just an initial observation of this speakers and I'm trying to be very objective on this and don't want to be impartial or bias. I haven't really heard the proac response 1sc yet, but I've heard several hi end bookshelf speakers before, and I can only say that this "wannabe" has no right to imitate a proac since it can hold up on its own, having a very smooth and articulate sound of its own. What I heard here is a speaker with a very surprisingly good performance for its value!! (I never thought I would say that cliche.  )

In it's price range, I would safely say, even with just a short time of audition, it is miles ahead of the competition. I had wharf 9.1, 9.2, aegis 1, evo 1, and others before and I know how they sound. The best part here is I auditioned this speakers with just a humble entry level set-up, thus, I'm sure things will get better given a better system.       

In a short description of the character of the speaker, it is a neautral speaker with a refined and smooth frequency. The midrange and high notes are honest, no exaggeration, no midbass bloom (wharf, psb and entry level paradigm offenders here), the bass is excellent for it's size with bass notes you can clearly define. Oh, did I mention the lovely soundstage? The sound is really very open and quite big for it's size.

I'm again excited in audio thanks (or no thanks  ) to sir macdon and sir anthony. This speaker should not be called a proac clone since it's such a good performer on it's own merits that it deserve a distinct name which we should be proud off to be pinoy made!     

Kudos sir Anthony, job well done ....

I just wanna ask if any of you experience any changes like suddenly the speakers opened up.....something like somebody flipped either a gain/treble switch?

I was listening to my iTunes in front of the computer yesterday reading something - then suddenly like a switch, the speakers opened up & frankly it was a bit spooky as I was the only one in the room ::)
I highly doubt it was broken-in as that would take a min of 100hrs cguro - pero bigla lang ako napa upo ng maayos eh :P

Baka nga tama yung mga sinasabi ni Anthony na may spirits daw yung mga speakers nya :o

Puro good spirits cguro 'coz the clones really sound like angels the longer you listen to them ;D

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:26 PM »
Do the cones naturally look wrinkled/lukot? Or is it just from the way I am seeing the photos?

Just curious since my eyes are used to seeing smooth surfaced cones. ;D

Offline j0hans0n

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • _____ally-challenged =|
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:42 PM »
Do the cones naturally look wrinkled/lukot? Or is it just from the way I am seeing the photos?

Just curious since my eyes are used to seeing smooth surfaced cones. ;D

yup, wrinkled. probably pressed paper cones which are nice for my taste, may not be for others. :D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:49 PM »
yup, wrinkled. probably pressed paper cones which are nice for my taste, may not be for others. :D

Yes sir, for neutrality - treated paper is best ;) It gives you that natural/organic sound ;D

Offline t68kv

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 09:53 AM »
meron pa yung expo ni bro anthony sa megamall dba? thanks

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 10:51 AM »
meron pa yung expo ni bro anthony sa megamall dba? thanks

Up to sunday sir ;)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 11:50 AM »
Got my 1st set of 3 way FS last night. Spend 2 hours installing the cdp, amp and sir Anthony's 3way. (Guys, you gotta get a nick for this model).

When i first listened to it at sir Anthony's lair, i was suprised na parang "ito ba yun binibida ni Macdon sa akin?". Nothing special when i heard it. Kinda bright, slightly boomy. But then again, i said to myself, it's ok. For the price, that wouldn't be bad for my first home system. What could you expect to buy and PERFORM at that price level. Car audio SQ kasi ang reference ko before i shifted to HA.

Wired it last night din. Gusto ko madinig sa sala ko naman. To my suprise, nabawan yun brightness and Boominess. So probably yun acoustics ni sir anthony's lair. Song after song, nag-iimprove.

My next impression after 11 songs and a heated amp:

SUPER detailed highs minus the brightness na. Still lacks air pero wait and see natin, break-in period pa naman eh.

Midrange is impressive. In your face ang singer. Sa piano instrument, feel mo yun tiklada. Sa male vioce, may depth. Sa female voice, very revealing though kulang yun "gaspang" ng boses ni Susan Wong. As i said, break-in period pa naman.

Woofers, though too tight for me, Superb sa drums. Tried using focal demo disc 1 cd and Japanese Drums cd. To my suprise, hindi na boomy and pretty good extensions pati sa midrange and high freqs.

Stage height is within eye level sa sala ko. Stage width is average sa mga nadinig kong ibang speaker/system. Maganda ang depth ng bass while upfront ang singer and nasa likod niya ang instruments. Other instruments, di naman clustered though may unting localization akong nadinig. Baka need to aim it properly pa ( normally aimed sa sweet spot for start). Pero when i aimed it parallel to my room and moved it 6 inches nearer to the center (8 feet away sila initially) and moved it backward 8 inches ( 8 feet away from the sweet spot), laki ng nabawas sa localization. Halos mag disappear na except for a few limited freqs between the tweeters and midrange.

Sa grandma's hands, medjo wala sa harap ng singer yun snapping of fingers, chest level pero parang naka-extend yun arm sa left instead of harap. PERO, sa whistle ng Livingston, excellente! Dinig din yun foot tapping. Sa Spanish Harlem, great voice and malinis ang seperation from midrange to highs. Defined maracas (yun nga ba yun?) and dinig mo yun iba ibang levels/lakas ng hampas. Sa violins, it's alive! Hehe! Pero hanap ko pa din yun gaspang (probably SS ang amp ko).

Overall, panalo. It can probably outperform other brands 3x-5x the price. though you can never compare it with 6 digit worth of speakers, you can never go wrong with sir Anthony's speakers. I did not expect it to be that clean sounding. My negative comments are not totally blamed on sir Anthony's speakers. Baka din naman sa limitations ng gears ko. You cannot expect good quality speakers to perform to it's maximum potential if paired with a so-so gears din.

Thanks sir macdon. I made the right choice. Instead of going for 2nd hand or bnew branded midlevel speakers, dito na ako.

Thumbs up sir Anthony. keep up the good work.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 12:17 PM »
Got my 1st set of 3 way FS last night. Spend 2 hours installing the cdp, amp and sir Anthony's 3way. (Guys, you gotta get a nick for this model).

When i first listened to it at sir Anthony's lair, i was suprised na parang "ito ba yun binibida ni Macdon sa akin?". Nothing special when i heard it. Kinda bright, slightly boomy. But then again, i said to myself, it's ok. For the price, that wouldn't be bad for my first home system. What could you expect to buy and PERFORM at that price level. Car audio SQ kasi ang reference ko before i shifted to HA.

Wired it last night din. Gusto ko madinig sa sala ko naman. To my suprise, nabawan yun brightness and Boominess. So probably yun acoustics ni sir anthony's lair. Song after song, nag-iimprove.

My next impression after 11 songs and a heated amp:

SUPER detailed highs minus the brightness na. Still lacks air pero wait and see natin, break-in period pa naman eh.

Midrange is impressive. In your face ang singer. Sa piano instrument, feel mo yun tiklada. Sa male vioce, may depth. Sa female voice, very revealing though kulang yun "gaspang" ng boses ni Susan Wong. As i said, break-in period pa naman.

Woofers, though too tight for me, Superb sa drums. Tried using focal demo disc 1 cd and Japanese Drums cd. To my suprise, hindi na boomy and pretty good extensions pati sa midrange and high freqs.

Stage height is within eye level sa sala ko. Stage width is average sa mga nadinig kong ibang speaker/system. Maganda ang depth ng bass while upfront ang singer and nasa likod niya ang instruments. Other instruments, di naman clustered though may unting localization akong nadinig. Baka need to aim it properly pa ( normally aimed sa sweet spot for start). Pero when i aimed it parallel to my room and moved it 6 inches nearer to the center (8 feet away sila initially) and moved it backward 8 inches ( 8 feet away from the sweet spot), laki ng nabawas sa localization. Halos mag disappear na except for a few limited freqs between the tweeters and midrange.

Sa grandma's hands, medjo wala sa harap ng singer yun snapping of fingers, chest level pero parang naka-extend yun arm sa left instead of harap. PERO, sa whistle ng Livingston, excellente! Dinig din yun foot tapping. Sa Spanish Harlem, great voice and malinis ang seperation from midrange to highs. Defined maracas (yun nga ba yun?) and dinig mo yun iba ibang levels/lakas ng hampas. Sa violins, it's alive! Hehe! Pero hanap ko pa din yun gaspang (probably SS ang amp ko).

Overall, panalo. It can probably outperform other brands 3x-5x the price. though you can never compare it with 6 digit worth of speakers, you can never go wrong with sir Anthony's speakers. I did not expect it to be that clean sounding. My negative comments are not totally blamed on sir Anthony's speakers. Baka din naman sa limitations ng gears ko. You cannot expect good quality speakers to perform to it's maximum potential if paired with a so-so gears din.

Thanks sir macdon. I made the right choice. Instead of going for 2nd hand or bnew branded midlevel speakers, dito na ako.

Thumbs up sir Anthony. keep up the good work.

excellent review sir nelson, i could have sworn i thought i was reading a professional's review (o baka naman professional ka nga.  ;) ). anyway, as it is getting to be a cliche', another satisfied customer for sir anthony!

btw, piano finish ba yan? NICE!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 02:13 PM »
Yes sir. Professional swindler. Hehe!

Piano finish. Kisap ba? Nagreflect nga sahig sa kisap eh. Pangit kasi phone cam ko. I didn't believe anthony at first nun sabi nya kaya daw ang piano finish. So yun ang pinagawa ko. Eto resulta.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:55 AM by Nelson de Leon »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 02:23 PM »
Additional review. listened to it again after posting. Then compared it to my truck's system. Yun gaspang na hinahanap ko, hindi nga sa speaker. SS kasi ang HA ko. When i listened to the same cd sa truck ko, nadinig ko na yun gaspang. pero kapalit nung gaspang, yun linis ng tunog.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 03:07 PM »
aba aba aba, humahataw ka sir nelson ah. parang kelan lang nung magkausap tayo medyo hesitant ka pa ah. :D parinig namn nyan!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 09:29 PM »
aba aba aba, humahataw ka sir nelson ah. parang kelan lang nung magkausap tayo medyo hesitant ka pa ah. :D parinig namn nyan!

Game! For you, anytime.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 12:10 AM »
Game! For you, anytime.

sige sige! baka sa sunday, mag Naga ako sa long vacation eh.=)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 12:13 AM »
sige sige! baka sa sunday, mag Naga ako sa long vacation eh.=)

Today ba? Musta yun exhibit?

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 12:25 AM »
Today ba? Musta yun exhibit?

nextweek sir nelson. nasa shang ako kanina pero tinamad na pumunta ng megamall, di ka sumama eh. hehe

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 01:39 PM »

Some quotable quotes:

Special Sale!!!!

Proac Tritower Clone..........SOLD