Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1066226 times)

Offline diy_master

• Trade Count: (+232)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #1470 on: Nov 04, 2010 at 11:39 PM »
FYI. If there are any members that purchase the Genesis Line (my set was the batch that used the JBL tweeter, not the Velodyne tweeter - not that this matters, but apparently no velodyne tweeters are in stock), and run Audyssey and receive the 'Out of Phase' prompt, even after switching the interal positive & negative crossover wiring of the tweeter and the woofer, the out of phase prompt still was given by my denon. A fellow member (Les) informed me that I should just adjust my wiring connections (i.e. positive hooked to negative & vice versa), which then solved the issue.

I do not have any idea why this out of phase issue occured considering I've hooked up multiple speakers to my amp in the past - Monitor Audio, Polk, Wharfedale, B&W. I don't want this message to be taken personally. This is meant to inform others who may encounter issues using Audyssey to calibrate these speakers. Users may run into this & a possible solution has been found that won't require having to switch around the internal crossover, just do not know how much this will affect the sq. Anthony offered an explanation regarding the reason he believes the 'older & newer' audyssey calibration technology could result in this particular discrepancy of the out of phase prompt (if he so desires, he can explain).

At the price point offered, in regards to 'price to performance ratio', these speakers serve their purpose for HT use. For me personally, these serve me well since I only needed a temporary setup before we leave in a few months.

Sir Gd pm, Galing ka kanina dito sa haus around 9am. Dahil out of phase yung speaker ko base on your Audyssey, kaya pina baliktad mo sakin yung connection ng tweeter. Update lang ng Genesis BS na nakuha mo sakin base sa post mo. Meaning out phase yan ngayon and match pala sa Denon mo hehe! Enjoy sir sa HT. ;D ;D ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1471 on: Nov 04, 2010 at 11:49 PM »
korek!

ano kaya sa mga FS ang best pag-ipunan?

Im hoping to audition anthony's new FS speaker this coming weekend (hmmm.....I could almost taste the pansit  ;D ) called "Ezra" which he is selling for 5.5k a pair  :o I still cant get over how anthony could sell his FS speakers this low  ::)

Sa ganyan ba naman na presyo - hindi talaga mahirap pag-ipunan, diba?  ;D

Also, since anthony made a tweak on the Exodus - will do a round two audition on those as well. We will use the Exodus as a center speaker and see if it could match well with his Ezra FS speakers ;)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1472 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 12:49 AM »
Im hoping to audition anthony's new FS speaker this coming weekend (hmmm.....I could almost taste the pansit  ;D ) called "Ezra" which he is selling for 5.5k a pair  :o I still cant get over how anthony could sell his FS speakers this low  ::)

Sa ganyan ba naman na presyo - hindi talaga mahirap pag-ipunan, diba?  ;D

Also, since anthony made a tweak on the Exodus - will do a round two audition on those as well. We will use the Exodus as a center speaker and see if it could match well with his Ezra FS speakers ;)
mukhang makukulam ako nito ah :D
ok lang very affordable naman

@Nerveblocker
nakapag exchange na kami ng PM ni anthony regarding the sub .. guess what!! ;)
ninjababez online ..

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1473 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 02:53 AM »
15 inch and 18 inch sub ?????? this will shake the house and the next door neighbor's !

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1474 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 03:56 AM »
15 inch and 18 inch sub ?????? this will shake the house and the next door neighbor's !
according to doc mel, malinis yung tunog and sealed sya.  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1475 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 07:32 AM »
magkano kaya? ::)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1476 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 08:05 AM »
magkano kaya? ::)
wala pang price bro.  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1477 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 11:52 AM »
mukhang makukulam ako nito ah :D
ok lang very affordable naman korek!

Parang kulang ka sa vitamins amigo. ang bilis talaban  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #1478 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 12:19 PM »
FYI. If there are any members that purchase the Genesis Line (my set was the batch that used the JBL tweeter, not the Velodyne tweeter - not that this matters, but apparently no velodyne tweeters are in stock), and run Audyssey and receive the 'Out of Phase' prompt, even after switching the internal positive & negative crossover wiring of the tweeter and the woofer (done by Anthony at his shop), the out of phase prompt still was given by my denon after the adjustment. A fellow member (Les) informed me that I should just adjust my wiring connections (i.e. positive hooked to negative & vice versa), which then solved the issue.

I do not have any idea why this out of phase issue occurred considering I've hooked up multiple speakers to my amp in the past - Monitor Audio, Polk, Wharfedale, B&W, ran audyssey on my denon, and no out of phase prompt was ever given.

I don't want this message to be taken personally. This is meant to inform others who may encounter issues using Audyssey to calibrate these speakers. Users may run into this & a possible solution has been found that won't require having to switch around the internal crossover, just do not know how much this will affect the sq. Anthony offered an explanation regarding the reason he believes the 'older & newer' audyssey calibration technology could result in this particular discrepancy of the out of phase prompt (if he so desires, he can explain). Anthony suggested that calibration be done manually, but for my situation, since our living room isn't the best in regards to acoustic treatments, I need to use Audyssey.

At this price point, in regards to 'price to performance ratio', these speakers serve their purpose for HT use. For me personally, these serve me well since I only needed a temporary setup before we leave in a few months. 

i had the same issue with my 6.5" tablette center hooked to a denon 2308. binaliktad ko lang ang terminals then audyssey test went ok. weird, kasi when i ran the 2 center speakers in stereo (using a separate stereo amp), tama naman ang speaker terminals ng tablette center. anyway, after running audyssey i was experimenting by flipping back the speaker terminals. i could not hear any difference so i kept it as it is (positive-speaker to positive-amp). dunno if this will affect the whole audyssey system operation.

my query was earlier posted on the "denon" thread
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,56703.msg1282085.html#msg1282085

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1479 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 12:25 PM »
dito sa thread ni anthony hindi na kailangan na mangkulam sa iba........puro self-kulam na kasi :D ;D

BTW - si master anthony pala eh maglalabas ng 3 kinds of subs:

-15" ported; bottom firing; 400watts @8ohms new plateamp!
-15" ported; front firing; 400watts plateamp!
-18" ported; front firing; 500watts @8ohms plateamp!

yung sealed version - personal copy lang ni master yun ;D

Price? Hmmmm........number of inches = number of 1000pesos  ;D  Not definite yet, but thereabouts ;)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1480 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 01:44 PM »
dito sa thread ni anthony hindi na kailangan na mangkulam sa iba........puro self-kulam na kasi :D ;D

BTW - si master anthony pala eh maglalabas ng 3 kinds of subs:

-15" ported; bottom firing; 400watts @8ohms new plateamp!
-15" ported; front firing; 400watts plateamp!
-18" ported; front firing; 500watts @8ohms plateamp!

yung sealed version - personal copy lang ni master yun ;D
Price? Hmmmm........number of inches = number of 1000pesos  ;D  Not definite yet, but thereabouts ;)
and im getting it bro macdon.  sobrang ganda ng review ni doc mel dun sa 15".  basta bro anthony sakin na yun ah!! :)
dami naman ako i-rerefer sayo bro  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1481 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 01:47 PM »
and im getting it bro macdon.  sobrang ganda ng review ni doc mel dun sa 15".  basta bro anthony sakin na yun ah!! :)
dami naman ako i-rerefer sayo bro  ;D

sobrang ganda nga review eh! gusto ko ring pakinggan!!! pede kaya ma-audition ;)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1482 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 01:50 PM »
sobrang ganda nga review eh! gusto ko ring pakinggan!!! pede kaya ma-audition ;)
bro peter walang ganyanan .. sulutan mo na ako nga babae wag lang subwoofer  ;D ;D

btw may napupusuan ka na ba na PJ?
update mo ako bro, ikaw madalas makakuha ng magandang deal eh. makikisawsaw lang ako  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #1483 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 01:55 PM »
Wow! Congrats sir Anthony! Dami bago products. :)

Baka bagay yung 18" pang-complement dun sa 15" coaxes.  ;)

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1484 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 01:58 PM »
bro peter walang ganyanan .. sulutan mo na ako nga babae wag lang subwoofer  ;D ;D

btw may napupusuan ka na ba na PJ?
update mo ako bro, ikaw madalas makakuha ng magandang deal eh. makikisawsaw lang ako  :D

sinong peter yun? :D
Mukhang itong bagong sub ni anthony ang magandang deal ngayon eh ;)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1485 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 02:00 PM »
sinong peter yun? :D
Mukhang itong bagong sub ni anthony ang magandang deal ngayon eh ;)
yeah bro... minsan daan ka apartment para marinig mo genesis  ;)
ninjababez online ..

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1486 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 02:00 PM »

Nasan po yung link ng review ng new line of subs ni Anthony?
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1487 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 02:10 PM »
Nasan po yung link ng review ng new line of subs ni Anthony?

personal review pa lang ni doc mel(nerveblocker) bro eh. Hindi pa ata nakakalabas sa bakuran ni anthony yung sub since personal unit pa lang nya. Maybe we could request doc mel and kagawad macdon go give us their impressions ?  ::)

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1488 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 02:15 PM »
Paging sir Mar & Doc Mel, post nyo na po initial impressions ng mga bagong sub ni Anthony :o
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #1489 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 03:00 PM »
Congrats Anthony!! Kailangan may FS din na genesis pantapat sa heavy duty subd mo!

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1490 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 03:57 PM »
Paging sir Mar & Doc Mel, post nyo na po initial impressions ng mga bagong sub ni Anthony :o

Im scheduled to audition anthony's speakers tom night - yung 3 ported subs nya wala pa yun. What he will probably add to my audition is the 15" sealed sub that Doc Mel is praising about.

Hindi ko lang alam kay anthony if he will make a sealed sub as part of his product line - maybe if there's clamor he would. Basta sabi lang nya sa akin personal copy daw nya yun......but of course things do change if there's enough interest ;D

so i guess we could look forward to atleast 3 ported subs in the coming near future. One would even look like a very familiar and popular subwoofer brand ::)

"Judas" yata yung name ng sub na yun ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #1491 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 04:00 PM »
Im scheduled to audition anthony's speakers tom night - yung 3 ported subs nya wala pa yun. What he will probably add to my audition is the 15" sealed sub that Doc Mel is praising about.

Hindi ko lang alam kay anthony if he will make a sealed sub as part of his product line - maybe if there's clamor he would. Basta sabi lang nya sa akin personal copy daw nya yun......but of course things do change if there's enough interest ;D

so i guess we could look forward to atleast 3 ported subs in the coming near future. One would even look like a very familiar and popular subwoofer brand ::)

"Judas" yata yung name ng sub na yun ;D

Sana, Barabas yun isa.  ;D  ;D

Offline diy_master

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1492 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 04:41 PM »
balatest beerday pre! kelan ko pwede kunin si genesis? ;)

Salamat Sir. ready for pick-up na.

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1493 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 05:22 PM »
aba'y ngayon ko lang natanto, ito palang biblical series ni master ay angkop sa kanyang pangalan --

St. Anthony  ;D

Offline diy_master

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1494 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 09:39 PM »
aba'y ngayon ko lang natanto, ito palang biblical series ni master ay angkop sa kanyang pangalan --

St. Anthony  ;D

Nadale mo sir ;D

Offline bigfoot

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1495 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 10:58 PM »
I'm also waiting to audition the FS, I'm looking to buy a pair, but waiting to audition the full line before I decide.

The Genesis is a excellent pair of speakers, remarkable well defined bass for its small size.

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1496 on: Nov 06, 2010 at 08:27 PM »
the 15" sub... *DROOL*

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1497 on: Nov 07, 2010 at 01:42 PM »
Listening to the Ezra

Before listening to anthony's new Ezra FS speakers, we thought we'd compare it to his 2 previous bs offerings - the Genesis and the newly tweaked Exodus.
It was disconcerting to learn that anthony run out of the highly praised Velodyne silk tweeters and the newer batch of Genesis & Exodus now sports JBL mylar tweets.
I found the JBL tweets to have a raspier sound compared to the smooth and more natural nature of the Velodyne tweeter. Parang medyo magaspang ang presentation nya.
Others, who perceive brightness = more detailed sound might be inclined to prefer the JBL pairing, but I thought (preferred) that the Velodyne tweets were better.

The Exodus suffered the worst, IMHO. Having 2 JBL tweeters in a bs box was too much fatiguing that we ended listening to it after half a song. Any thoughts of using it as a possible center speaker for auditioning the Ezra pair in HT quickly disappeared. But eventually we did as anthony didnt have a proper center speaker (yet) for the Ezra line. Or better yet, a single Ezra FS speaker to act as center.

After hearing the Exodus, I was a bit worried auditioning the Ezra FS speakers 'coz it also has 2 tweeters. The Ezra tweeters has no name and it looks very different from the JBL tweeters (thank God!), should I be worried?

Anthony asked me if I wanted to first audition the Ezra thru audio or HT - I said lets start off with audio as Im still a believer of "what is good for audio is better for HT".
But before plugging the Ezra, I told anthony to play the Genesis even for just half a song, pause it then continue the song using the new Ezra. In effect, I want to closely evaluate the differences or nuances thereof......and to remove any artifacts of the Exodus in my mind.

Within the first few seconds of listening to the Ezra FS speakers - right off it presented a bigger soundscape, more open, much smoother than the Genesis and definitely more Bass than the Genesis could deliver. It is definitely a better speaker than the Genesis!
Now, any worries concerning the 2 tweeters quickly turned to bewilderment so I asked him what those tweeters are - he just said its made in Denmark, silk material, uses a neodymium magnet and has a power rating of 150watts! Vifa or Scanspeak lineage, perhaps?
It is more expensive to purchase than the velodyne tweeter - it should 'coz it sounded more expensive too.
The question of why having 2 tweeters in a FS speaker is ingeniously answered by this - FS speakers (having a bigger enclosure than BS speakers) produces a boost output in the mid to lower frequencies due to the size of the enclosure and adding an extra tweeter compensates this boost - but mind you, this is easier said than done. This surely entails a different crossover design, the right kind of tweeter(s), and their collaboration in a calculated and properly designed enclosure size. My hat is off to the master anthony for even choosing to go this route.
The Ezra also has a different woofer compared to the Genesis but the same size and the Ezra also has 2 ports - 1 in front and 1 in the rear.

Using the Ezra for HT was already a bonus for us - it delivered the right atmosphere in watching anthony's 72" PJ screen. We used the Exodus as a center speaker but sadly was a total mismatch to the Ezra - it sounded small & very thin. Anemic.
Either a new Ezra center speaker would have to be made or maybe 1pc Ezra FS to act as center would properly justify the Ezra to enter the HT arena.

How much is a pair of Ezra? 5.5k!  :o

In conclusion:

The Genesis is a well rounded speaker set that could be used in any setting. It is uber cheap with sonics that are many times its price. No shortcomings whatsoever.
Of course, we all know that buying bs speakers also entails BS stands (unless you already have), so consider that cost as well.
But if you dont have stands and wondering whats the next upgrade to the Genesis - then I think the Ezra would be the perfect fit for you ;)

Again, our heartfelt thanks to Anthony for letting us audition his wonderful creations and the awesome food he prepared for our visit!  ;D ang sarap ng manok master! :D ;D

Pics

Genesis on top of Ezra

Exodus on top of Ezra

Full body shot of Ezra with Exodus on top

p.s. I asked Anthony why not use the Denmark made tweeter & use it for the Genesis? He said the Genesis box is too small for that tweeter.
When I asked him if its possible to use those Danish tweets & place it in his previous Clone 1sc? He just smiled ;D

I also heard his 15" sealed sub - but I think I would wait for his regular production subwoofers first before making a comment ;)

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1498 on: Nov 07, 2010 at 02:34 PM »
Hmmmmm at isa pang Hmmmmm bakit kaya napa ishmile si anthony?
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1499 on: Nov 07, 2010 at 03:03 PM »
will be getting the sub later
thanks anthony. :-)
ninjababez online ..