Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1066217 times)

Offline jarante

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #2460 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 07:44 PM »
thank you po sa Ezra set at Genesis sub, delivered here in Caloocan this afternoon :)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #2461 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 09:30 PM »
I already modify my post. I dont mean to offend. Thanks Brader for the clarification.  :) :)

I prefer Titus BS over Harbeth sa sound quality. Yan yata ang katapat ng Harbeth yong Titus. Pangalan pa lang malupit na. Kung may Manny Pacquiao sa Boxing na tumalo ng isang english, american at mexican boxers mayroon din Tayong Anthony "the audio speaker master" na kayang higitan ang mga branded speaker. Remember Anthony is an Inventor Himself. Mabuhay ang gawang Filipino.  :) :)

No intention to put more flame into the fire...but have you listened to any harbeth speaker side by side w/ the titus speakers, using the same amp, same cables, same source, same software, same room condition?? This way, you can "judge" more objectively...Just my 2-cents, thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2462 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 07:29 AM »
No intention to put more flame into the fire...but have you listened to any harbeth speaker side by side w/ the titus speakers, using the same amp, same cables, same source, same software, same room condition?? This way, you can "judge" more objectively...Just my 2-cents, thanks!

no intention but that's what you're doing. leave well enough alone.

peace.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 at 07:30 AM by lesleyc »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2463 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:06 AM »
no intention but that's what you're doing. leave well enough alone.

peace.

Thanks Les! If that's how you interpret my comment here, can't do anything about it. I have been an owner of Anthony's speakers...I have been a Harbeth owner too...To be more objective with a "real" A-B comparison, I believe the other items should be constant i.e. sources, software, cables, amplifier/s, etc. Once there is something different, then it is now subjective...BUT at the end of the day, your/our ears will ultimately decide and it is a matter of taste.

Also, I believe in Filipino products, i.e. Anthony's speakers, also creations of fellow enthusiasts in Wiredstate. BUT, in my experience, when we compare speaker to speaker, amp to amp, etc., the other items are constant...i.e. If I will compare let's say my Opera Prima vs. Sonus Faber Concertino, I will use the same amp, cables, source and same CD or LP...never mind the room and its conditions...this way, the "judgment" can be more objective...

It's OK Les if you will not agree w/ me...but IMHO this is the most objective way to compare apples to apples, and not apples to oranges...

Again, no intention to put more flame into the fire...just wanted to help especially in making a more informed, objective comparison and eventually a judgment/decision...

BUT again, as I said, your/ears will decide...Congratulations to Anthony for these great products!

Thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Digities

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2464 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:13 AM »
sorry jen, i think i took it the wrong way. you're right. sweeping statements (like this one ?) should be avoided. when you say speaker a beat speaker b, you should compare it the way anthony compared it in the previous page. he used the same amp, cables, and source, and in his case.. 2 amps - an onkyo and a cary.

anyways, let's move on with the aaudio ordering :). malapit na mag april 1. bumili na ba kayo ?

hehehehe, thanks guys. God bless you all. specially you jen.

Offline Signal2Noise

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Triode Junkie...It's MUSIC not HIFI!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2465 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:14 AM »
Several months back, I was able to listen to Harbeth speakers (the model is with P3###) and the much bigger box (HL# something) here in Singapore.  Impression - topnotch midrange, laidback in highs and soft lows.  IMO, this Harbeth brand is excellent on vocals and acoustic music.  The voice reproduction with these Harbies were very natural as if the person is in front of you.   However, it's somehow compressed unlike the Proac's and the Sonus Faber that has a wider and 3D soundstage.

It's no surprised if a DIY speakers such as A-Audio creation will somehow and in some point outclassed a branded speakers like Harbeth or any other known / expensive brands out there, but this is definitely a matter of preference, it's a subjective thing.

The human ear is logarithmic and in someway tricky especially those things that are new to us.  "Ika nga bago sa pandinig kaya maganda" but later on when we hear other new things, sasabihin natin " ah mas maganda 'to" .....without really knowing na the former is much better.

I would like to have a pair of A-Audio one day to compare the sq and musical presentation versus my MA-GR10 and SF GP using the same source, the same amp, the same cables and recorded materials. Cheers :)
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:21 AM by Signal2Noise »
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2466 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:19 AM »
sorry jen, i think i took it the wrong way. you're right. sweeping statements (like this one ?) should be avoided. when you say speaker a beat speaker b, you should compare it the way anthony compared it in the previous page. he used the same amp, cables, and source, and in his case.. 2 amps - an onkyo and a cary.

anyways, let's move on with the aaudio ordering :). malapit na mag april 1. bumili na ba kayo ?

hehehehe, thanks guys. God bless you all. specially you jen.

No problem, Les! Likewise!

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2467 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 02:17 PM »
Bukas April 1 na at iba na ang presyo ng a-audio speaker at hindi ka na customer lang kapag bumili ka kundi ang tawag sa iyo business partner ng aaudio. Today is your last day of ordering our very own Philippine made speaker a-audio. :) :)
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline TonyC

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2468 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 02:31 PM »
Harbeth HL-P3, ito yung model na na side by side sa titus BS OEM scan speak woofer.

Using Carry audio EL 34 tube and Onkyo 608.

reference cd: JM LAB " le grand spectacle du son and Audiophile Reference II

Yung may ari ng Harbeth, supplier ng BELDEN CABLE and Former Mayor in visayas region.

1st impression namin kulang sa bass ang harbeth dahil maliit ang woofer, sa hf naman mas lamang din ang titus bs, interms of midrange lamang ng 10% ang harbeth in some track.

Base sa may ari ng harbeth, 40% na mas maganda Titus BS Black cone compare sa OLD Harbeth nya.

Harbeth HL-p3 5inch woofer and softdome tweeter
Titus  BS  8inch woofer and aluminum tweets.

POST KO SOON Schematic diagram ng HArbeth HL-P3 para sa gustong mag DIY. Thanks!

Thanks Anthony for mentioning the harbeth model, which is way old naman pala.  I thought the new iterations of Harbeth were the ones being compared to the titus, so the harbeth owners need not worry, you are safe ;D.

Anyway, sa daming development and improvement in drivers that are mutating weekly in the diy community eh i won't be surprised if AA can someday use one of those drivers and produce a speaker that will matched or improved on the branded ones.  Di naman rocket science ang speaker building although it is still a science and thanks to the diy community,especially to our own AA, JD, Rod, etc., available sa affordable prices sa lahat ang mga hi-end gears!

Cheers!

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2469 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 04:01 PM »
blind testing is called for in these instance, to settle this once and for all....otherwise all these will just be plain talk.....peace men.... ;D

Di naman rocket science ang speaker building

+10000, more of an art.... ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 at 04:03 PM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline TonyC

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2470 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 04:33 PM »
blind testing is called for in these instance, to settle this once and for all....otherwise all these will just be plain talk.....peace men.... ;D

That would be nice....sige abangan natin!

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #2471 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 04:53 PM »
Nalito ako sa dalawang Tony ah...  :D

Offline Digities

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2472 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 05:07 PM »
Nalito ako sa dalawang Tony ah...  :D

+1

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2473 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 06:20 PM »
simpleng set-up lang, 2 sakura stock amps set at same levels, tone controls set to flat, same cables, a common signal source, and a toggle switch to select either speaker, finally a curtain concealing the 2 sets of speakers....

like the shoot-out at dampalit, they play the same program on each speaker one after the other...

the audience will then score the performance, but they will not know which speaker they are going to score....

only the one holding the toggle switch will know which speaker is playing....
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 at 06:21 PM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #2474 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 06:28 PM »
Something was delivered to my doorstep just this afternoon  ::)

Gotta fix the settings first and break it in a bit. Impressions maybe 2 weeks from now  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 at 06:30 PM by juancho »

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2475 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
^yup yup  :D

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #2476 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:18 PM »
share ko lang po pics nung Titus speaker ko. :)

funny thing bakit mas pabor ang SQ sa akin nung PSB na BS kesa sa FS pagdating sa music, but for HT lamang ang FS na scanspeak driver about 20% siguro..and the answer maybe YMMV. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gwenael

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2477 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM »
@ sir juancho and sir shoktongxxx congrats! ganda ng mga hakot at gears nyo enjoy listening.

God bless.
marantz sr8001; dv6001
aaudio 15" coaxial; surrounds
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline dzanos

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2478 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 03:09 AM »
Ganda sir shox!

Kanina dumating yung Ezra FS and Center ko :D Yehey. Kulang na lang subwoofer and receiver haha.

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2479 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 08:47 AM »
Nice set of a-audio Titus Mr. Shoktongxxx and Ezra Mr. Dzanos . Congrats and enjoy our very own Philippine made speaker. Be proud of having it.  :) :)
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011 at 09:23 AM by soundgarden »

Offline jed_z1030

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • starting all over again...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2480 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
congrats po sirs shoktongxxx and dzanos....hay kahit Ezra BS man lang sana  ::)

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #2481 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 11:02 AM »
@ sir juancho and sir shoktongxxx congrats! ganda ng mga hakot at gears nyo enjoy listening.

God bless.
Thanks and God Bless too. ;)

Ganda sir shox!

Kanina dumating yung Ezra FS and Center ko :D Yehey. Kulang na lang subwoofer and receiver haha.
Thanks and congrats on your A audio speakers bro. ;D

Nice set of a-audio Titus Mr. Shoktongxxx and Ezra Mr. Dzanos . Congrats and enjoy our very own Philippine made speaker. Be proud of having it.  :) :)
Thanks sir..I'm really enjoying every moment of it..a proud PINOY here. :)

congrats po sirs shoktongxxx and dzanos....hay kahit Ezra BS man lang sana  ::)
thanks po sir, good luck po sa Ezra BS. ;)

Offline genesys

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2482 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 11:23 AM »
sarap ng ezra, kahit walang sub pwedeng-pwede  ;D di ko pa makabit yung BS, wala pa pangwallmount ehehe. thanks ulit sir Anthony!

awaiting the karaoke series hehe  :)

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2483 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 04:37 PM »
To All Harbeth users na naoffend ko with my post. My Apology and will always have big respect with you guyz. Here in pinoydvd is about friendship and meeting new people. More power and God Bless.
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2011 at 04:43 PM by soundgarden »

Offline boyet0173

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2484 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 05:02 PM »
Something was delivered to my doorstep just this afternoon  ::)

Gotta fix the settings first and break it in a bit. Impressions maybe 2 weeks from now  :)

Sir Juancho,

Pa audi ng sub if pwede na. tia

boyet

Offline insyte

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2485 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 07:25 PM »
Sana next week na, para dito na speakers na inorder ko. Hinabol ko lang talaga bago magprice increase.  Excited na magsetup ng HT hehe :)

Thanks for everyone who posted their reviews on this thread. Very informative read!

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2486 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 09:24 PM »
quick question mga sir -

pwede po ba 'to to power Genesis BS - Dayton Audio DTA-1 Class T Digital AC/DC Amplifier 15 WPC http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-DTA-1-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B001PNOH2I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1301669403&sr=1-1

ang gusto ko kasing setup:
Genesis BS + IPOD + Small Amp (for bedroom)

any recommendation for amp to use? small budget lang mga sir.
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2487 on: Apr 01, 2011 at 10:23 PM »
To All Harbeth users na naoffend ko with my post. My Apology and will always have big respect with you guyz. Here in pinoydvd is about friendship and meeting new people. More power and God Bless.
after a while of thinking, I was sure it wasn't meant to offend, though thank you for the apology... it is well received.
Cheers.

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2488 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 08:01 AM »
Sir Juancho,
       Pa audi ng sub if pwede na. tia
boyet

pwedeng pwede sir, just give me a buzz  :)

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2489 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 11:28 AM »
after a while of thinking, I was sure it wasn't meant to offend, though thank you for the apology... it is well received.
Cheers.
Thank you Brader. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011 at 05:09 PM by soundgarden »