Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1065238 times)

Offline rgbautista

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #4710 on: May 24, 2012 at 07:58 PM »
nice. how about the omega series? any intial impressions/reviews?  :)

I'm not an expert but when I heard the Omega it sounded wide and clean.  Even at low volumes it's very clear that even bass is still felt - think of pipe-in music you hear in hotels.  The Omega is really designed for music.

I'm sure the others who were there today can give more testimonies and reviews on the Omega and Genesis speakers better than I can.  We were able to audition different types of music.  A big thank you to Anthony and company for giving us the chance to audition your creations.  Kudos to the Anthony Audio Team.
Denon AVR-1612, Anthony Audio, SVS, Xtreamer Pro

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #4711 on: May 24, 2012 at 08:03 PM »
passed by today's blind test ... good to hear the speakers side-by-side with the more expensive speakers ... i was impressed when I initially auditioned the Genesis FS and BS speakers, I'm more impressed now hearing those speakers perform compared to speakers more than twice as expensive

now excited for the delivery of my pair of Genesis FS :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #4712 on: May 24, 2012 at 08:41 PM »
what speaker brands and models were included in the blind test?
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline allanbriz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4713 on: May 24, 2012 at 08:52 PM »
what speaker brands and models were included in the blind test?

Genesis BS - Dynaudio Audience 40
Genesis FS - B&W 684

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #4714 on: May 24, 2012 at 09:15 PM »
I'm not an expert but when I heard the Omega it sounded wide and clean.  Even at low volumes it's very clear that even bass is still felt - think of pipe-in music you hear in hotels.  The Omega is really designed for music.

I'm sure the others who were there today can give more testimonies and reviews on the Omega and Genesis speakers better than I can.  We were able to audition different types of music.  A big thank you to Anthony and company for giving us the chance to audition your creations.  Kudos to the Anthony Audio Team.
nice meeting you bro and congrats to your BS.. ;) yes the Omega sounded wide and clean compare to my Titus, we played one of the song from Dream Theather from their new album "A Dramatic Turn of Events" and the name of the song was "On The Back Of Angels" I must say na mas wide talaga tunog ng Omega compare sa Titus and mas smooth and controlled and bass sa Omega para sa akin..and talagang napaka musical dating ng Omega, kasi sa Titus medyo marumi yung kanta na yun kaya yun pina test ko kay sir Anthony and napa OMG laki nga ng improvement it sounds so clean with the Omega and yung imaging napakaganda kaya lang one track lang ng cd na yun na try eh, dami pa kasi gusto ko ma try na ibang speakers nya. :P

And about sa boxes ng mga speakers ni master A ibang-iba dating ng mga bagong model nya pang HI-END ang finish eh..kudos to master A and his team, galing nyo.. ;)

Oh btw I like how does the new Genesis BS sound mas gusto ko sounds nya compare dun sa branded na BS. ;D ;D ;D di pa fully burn in yun ha,mas relaxing kasi ang highs nya eh. ;)

impressions ko lang po ito, better kung audition nyo ito sa A-audio bat cave may libre pang Pizza and coke. ;D

Salamat to A-audio team sa pag accommodate sa amin kanina..Congrats and more power. O0

Offline Schrodinger's cat

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4715 on: May 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM »
For lots of people price point is a main consideration. Can you also do a blind test with speakers at the same price level? For example, the Genesis bs and MA bx2 are almost the same price. If I'm gonna spend 14k for speakers I'd be interested on how they compare, or maybe even with a used rtia3 or titan minis. And btw which speakers are at the same price level of omega? This is just me, thanks and more power!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM by Precise Pangolin »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #4716 on: May 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM »
For lots of people price point is a main consideration. Can you also do a blind test with speakers at the same price level? For example, the Genesis bs and MA bx2 are almost the same price. If I'm gonna spend 14k for speakers I'd be interested on how they compare, or maybe even with a used rtia3 or titan minis. And btw which speakers are at the same price level of omega? This is just me, thanks and more power!

Sir, I think if the Genesis and Omega series can match or sound better than those that are twice as expensive, there's no more point in testing them side-by-side with speakers at the same price point ... just my 2 cents
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline rgbautista

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4717 on: May 25, 2012 at 05:02 AM »
nice meeting you bro and congrats to your BS.. ;) yes the Omega sounded wide and clean compare to my Titus, we played one of the song from Dream Theather from their new album "A Dramatic Turn of Events" and the name of the song was "On The Back Of Angels" I must say na mas wide talaga tunog ng Omega compare sa Titus and mas smooth and controlled and bass sa Omega para sa akin..and talagang napaka musical dating ng Omega, kasi sa Titus medyo marumi yung kanta na yun kaya yun pina test ko kay sir Anthony and napa OMG laki nga ng improvement it sounds so clean with the Omega and yung imaging napakaganda kaya lang one track lang ng cd na yun na try eh, dami pa kasi gusto ko ma try na ibang speakers nya. :P

And about sa boxes ng mga speakers ni master A ibang-iba dating ng mga bagong model nya pang HI-END ang finish eh..kudos to master A and his team, galing nyo.. ;)

Oh btw I like how does the new Genesis BS sound mas gusto ko sounds nya compare dun sa branded na BS. ;D ;D ;D di pa fully burn in yun ha,mas relaxing kasi ang highs nya eh. ;)

impressions ko lang po ito, better kung audition nyo ito sa A-audio bat cave may libre pang Pizza and coke. ;D

Salamat to A-audio team sa pag accommodate sa amin kanina..Congrats and more power. O0

Thanks, bro.  The Genesis sounded really good.  I'm excited to take the pair home - just waiting for the little retouch from the master :-)  It was nice meeting all of you.  After kong umalis, di ka ba kinukulam nina master para kunin na yung Omega, sir?  Hehe.

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4718 on: May 25, 2012 at 06:40 AM »
Anung amp po ginamit?

Bite Hard and SHAKE

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4719 on: May 25, 2012 at 09:11 AM »

Sir, I think if the Genesis and Omega series can match or sound better than those that are twice as expensive, there's no more point in testing them side-by-side with speakers at the same price point ... just my 2 cents

Sir imho your generality that more expensive is better may not always hold true, otherwise that defeats the supposed advantage of Anthony Audio speakers in the first place. Many thanks sir!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012 at 09:12 AM by Precise Pangolin »

Offline meat_eater

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4720 on: May 25, 2012 at 09:47 AM »
Sir imho your generality that more expensive is better may not always hold true, otherwise that defeats the supposed advantage of Anthony Audio speakers in the first place. Many thanks sir!

Yes sir, think about the brand Bose (sorry Bose owners), they are quite expensive, but nowhere near the quality of the speakers in their price range.

Also, matching is a key factor in producing good sound. I saw in an earlier post that a Dynaudio was used, which is known to be quite an unforgiving speaker. Known to be a current hungry speaker, the amp used might not have matched the speaker, if a tube amp was used - it might not have delivered enough "juice" to the speakers.

In my experience, Anthony's speakers are well made, sq and finish are really good. I still enjoy my music and ht speakers that I got from him, and sq is way way ahead of the speakers in their price ranges, and even up to 5x the price :)   
Bite Hard and SHAKE

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4721 on: May 25, 2012 at 09:58 AM »
^good point sir. Anong amp kaya ginamit?

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #4722 on: May 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM »
What are the related gears (source, pre/power amp) used during the blind test?  This would be interesting to know.

Genesis FS - B&W 684

Offline rgbautista

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4723 on: May 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM »
Anung amp po ginamit?

I didn't get the model but they used a NAD CD player and amp.  PDVDers who were there or Anthony can give the exact model and setup configuration.

Offline Anthony Audio

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4724 on: May 25, 2012 at 01:08 PM »
Set up 1 - Audio Space AS-8P 6550 push-pull amp, Aikido preamp and NAD CD player
Set up 2 - Yaqin MC-10T integrated amp and NAD CD player

Offline meat_eater

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4725 on: May 25, 2012 at 01:23 PM »
Set up 1 - Audio Space AS-8P 6550 push-pull amp, Aikido preamp and NAD CD player
Set up 2 - Yaqin MC-10T integrated amp and NAD CD player

The 1st setup should be able to handle the Dyns, the second though, I have my reservations...  ???

What sounded better with the omega?

The el34 or the 6550?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012 at 01:24 PM by meat_eater »
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline Anthony Audio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4726 on: May 25, 2012 at 01:32 PM »

The 1st setup should be able to handle the Dyns, the second though, I have my reservations...  ???

What sounded better with the omega?

The el34 or the 6550?  ;D

The 6550!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4727 on: May 25, 2012 at 02:08 PM »
Genesis FS - B&W 684

Nice speaker lineup, B&W 684 can be beaten convincingly, pero medyo dehado yung Dyns kasi

1) Older model, 2 generations older na yan, vs a Dyn Audience 42 and the new Excite X12; pretty much like the previous comparo where a very old Harbeth P3 was used, vs a more recent design;

2) Dyns need a high current amp to sound their best, speaking from experience mapili Dyns pero pag nakuha mo right amplification they sound very very good.  Not to knock the Genesis, pero very few people have heard Dyns sing convincingly.  It took me 4 amps to get it right, and narinig ko lang when I was testing my Dyns kasi ibebenta ko na, muntik ko nang hindi ibenta. . .  ;D

Interested in how the Omegas sound, as I'm in the market for speakers for a secondary setup.

Offline Anthony Audio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4728 on: May 25, 2012 at 02:11 PM »
Nice speaker lineup, B&W 684 can be beaten convincingly, pero medyo dehado yung Dyns kasi

1) Older model, 2 generations older na yan, vs a Dyn Audience 42 and the new Excite X12; pretty much like the previous comparo where a very old Harbeth P3 was used, vs a more recent design;

2) Dyns need a high current amp to sound their best, speaking from experience mapili Dyns pero pag nakuha mo right amplification they sound very very good.  Not to knock the Genesis, pero very few people have heard Dyns sing convincingly.  It took me 4 amps to get it right, and narinig ko lang when I was testing my Dyns kasi ibebenta ko na, muntik ko nang hindi ibenta. . .  ;D

Interested in how the Omegas sound, as I'm in the market for speakers for a secondary setup.

Sir, punta na po kayo dito and audition our Omega.  ;D

Offline Anthony Audio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4729 on: May 25, 2012 at 02:19 PM »
We changed the tubes of the aikido preamp and it sounds much better than yesterday. At least thats what we think... Guys, go here again para marinig nyo ulet.  ;D

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4730 on: May 25, 2012 at 02:24 PM »
Sir, punta na po kayo dito and audition our Omega.  ;D

Pwede bang magdala ng amp and turntable?

Offline Anthony Audio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4731 on: May 25, 2012 at 02:28 PM »
Pwede bang magdala ng amp and turntable?

pwede sir! :D

Offline jefferson

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4732 on: May 25, 2012 at 08:05 PM »
Brother A, thanks sa driver. Keep mo muna yung iniwan ko. :) Baka pagawan ko box. Hehe! :)
Nice place.

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #4733 on: May 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM »
nice. how about the omega series? any intial impressions/reviews?  :)

The Omega series sounded really nice, highs were smooth and extended, bass was deep and felt, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to listen to a vocal track so I cant comment much on that, though I'm almost certain its gonna do well on vocals too...  ;)

they were using an Audio Space Tube Amp with an Aikido Preamp during the audition, they sounded awesome with this set, but IMO the Omegas could have opened up more with a solid state power amp, i felt like there was a bit of compression from the 25watt (triode) tube amp parang walang challenge sa 8" woofers ng OMG.  :D besides the xt25 ring radiators are known to mate well with solid state gears...

they were definitely a steal at their price point,,, real wood veneer, curved cabinets, super heavy/solid enclosures that definitely passed the "katok" test, premium drivers and crossovers these are features and specs not usually seen within this price point.  8)

overall it was a great experience we went home with our Ears and Tummies fully satisfied.  ;) (salamat sa pizza and beverages )

will definitely come back and maybe this time I can bring my own cds and equipment and maybe try to become a bit more intimate with the OMGs.  :)

thanks again Anthony for accommodating us.  :)

Offline diy_master

• Trade Count: (+232)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4734 on: May 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM »
Brother A, thanks sa driver. Keep mo muna yung iniwan ko. :) Baka pagawan ko box. Hehe! :)
Nice place.

Welcome sir, Ty din! :)

Offline Rainbow63

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4735 on: May 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM »

The Omega series sounded really nice, highs were smooth and extended, bass was deep and felt, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to listen to a vocal track so I cant comment much on that, though I'm almost certain its gonna do well on vocals too...  ;)

they were using an Audio Space Tube Amp with an Aikido Preamp during the audition, they sounded awesome with this set, but IMO the Omegas could have opened up more with a solid state power amp, i felt like there was a bit of compression from the 25watt (triode) tube amp parang walang challenge sa 8" woofers ng OMG.  :D besides the xt25 ring radiators are known to mate well with solid state gears...

they were definitely a steal at their price point,,, real wood veneer, curved cabinets, super heavy/solid enclosures that definitely passed the "katok" test, premium drivers and crossovers these are features and specs not usually seen within this price point.  8)

overall it was a great experience we went home with our Ears and Tummies fully satisfied.  ;) (salamat sa pizza and beverages )

will definitely come back and maybe this time I can bring my own cds and equipment and maybe try to become a bit more intimate with the OMGs.  :)

thanks again Anthony for accommodating us.  :)
van sama naman ako pag balik mo ha

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #4736 on: May 25, 2012 at 11:21 PM »
van sama naman ako pag balik mo ha

Hi Bob, sure schedule natin.  :)

Offline George SJ

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • PCCian 95....Mabuhay ang kumbento boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #4737 on: May 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM »
hi to all,
  Yesterday i Had a chance to hear the Genesis BS and FS and the Omega BS.
   Omega BS - pure audio, sounds like your listening to a big book shelf.
                  +1 ako kay sir kemozavi that better if a high current amp was used to drive Omega. Solid state amps are good for these Omega.
  My impression with the genesis series.
   Bookshelf-extended bass, smooth high but not so bright. detailed mids. definitely can out perform the branded speakers with the same price or even higher. I have Nothing against with old a-audio BS speaker speaker products like genesis bs, Ezra and titus. but this New genesis BS is "the Man" in terms of audio and Home theater combination.
  Floor stander - if you feel there is something that lacks the performance of the Genesis BS, these towers really completes the sound. (Excuse for the owners of old titus fs) Compare with the old Titus FS. So sorry to say but for me, new Genesis FS really rocks with better SQ than Titus FS. Bring your Titus FS and have a shootout.

To those who already heard the new Genesis BS / FS.
  Ano kaya kung ang gagamitin ay ang tweeters ng Omega sa new genesis series? Sana mag karoon ng option na pwedeng palitan. Baka mas lalong gumanda.
  Medyo lamang ako sa audio listening and at the same i like a decent HT speakers. Medyo bitin sa akin ang highs ng Genesis kaya sana may option si Sir anthony na pwedeng magpalit ng tweeters na according to the buyer's taste. ( syempre anthonyaudio products din para hindi nakakahiya) :D :D :D
    Thanks to team anthonyaudio. Godbless

george
Technics sl1200mk3, Onkyo CDP
TonyT tube pre-amp
Numark 2ch mixer
Sansui AU D907 Gextra
A-AUDIO

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4738 on: May 26, 2012 at 06:32 PM »
mas marami bang pumunta ngayon kesa kahapon?

@sir anthony
yung request ko po na pic. ;D ;D ;D

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4739 on: May 28, 2012 at 04:08 PM »
-snipped-
  Floor stander - if you feel there is something that lacks the performance of the Genesis BS, these towers really completes the sound. (Excuse for the owners of old titus fs) Compare with the old Titus FS. So sorry to say but for me, new Genesis FS really rocks with better SQ than Titus FS. Bring your Titus FS and have a shootout.
-snipped-

err...what Titus FS you've heard sir George? got mine playing with the Rotel right now and they sound awesome, I heard the Genesis FS kasi and for me mas lamang parin Titus sa clarity, it sounded big than the Genesis and for soundstage mas malawak ang Titus na nasa akin don't know kung dahil sa tweak na ginawa ni sir Anthony sa Titus ko and mine is also taller than the ordinary Titus FS..and nung na try ko yung B&W and Genesis FS mas favor parin yung sound coming from my Titus FS right after trying them nung umuwi ako sa bahay. :)

The Genesis FS sound good but mas gusto ko ginawang x'over ni Anthony sa Titus FS ko kaya siguro ganun.. ;) di ko kayang dalhin yung FS ko since wala ako ride but if someone can provide a ride for my Titus FS then why not di ba.

ang curious talaga ako with the Omega nabigo lang kami ni Ivan side by side sya sa Genesis & Dynes noong nag audition kami eh..but for me parang napaka musical nga talaga ng Omega, galing kasi ako dun kanina and Ms.Abby is playing with the Omega ang ganda tumunog, gusto ko sanang side by side with the Titus BS na dala ko kanina eh kaya lang nahiya ako kay Abby. :P pag kukunin ko na Titus BS ko with vifa tweeter side by side ko talaga sila..hehehe.  ;D