Author Topic: pioneer htz767 or dv400, 600?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline ichibahn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
pioneer htz767 or dv400, 600?
« on: Sep 06, 2007 at 12:02 AM »
i need your advise guys.

i just recently bought a samsung 32r81 lcd tv and it is currently connected to my old pioneer ht which doesn't have hdmi capability. i'm planning to buy a player that supports hdmi to maximize my lcdt tv sayang naman yung features nya.

here are some of my choices: (30k budget)

1. replace my old ht (pioneer htd-510 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069657_37667,00.html) with the new pioneer htz767 ht?

2. retain my old pioneer htd-510 and buy a separate hdmi player (choices are pioneer dv400/600 or samsung hd870) mas makakatipid ako sa option na to kase player nalang bibilin ko kaso lang nga baka masayang lang kung ikakabit ko rin sa old ht ko.. or it will not really matter even if i use my old ht?

if you have any other options please let me know. apprecaite your help guys. btw, gusto ko sana all black yung setup ko kaya i'm eyeing for the htz767 ht i just don't know if worth it sya bilin.

thanks
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2007 at 12:05 AM by ichibahn »

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
Re: pioneer htz767 or dv400, 600?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 06:32 AM »
im no expert but this is based on my personal experience.

owning an lcd is really one way of boosting your HTs viewing experience!  ;D

adding an hdmi compatible dvd player would be another upgrade for your HT since it can now digitally transfer/upscale video and audio and boost your viewing pleasure.

however, the hdmi cable will only transfer audio (and video) from your dvd to your tv (hdmi single cable, unlike analog rca's wherein you can split red and white is connected to your avr and yellow to your lcd) .

the audio source will now be coming from 2 sources

1) your lcd tv (you'll have to mute or turn-off the volume of your lcd tv if you only want the source coming from your HTIB and speakers)

2) your HT/HTIB  if it's connected to your hdmi compatible dvd player. if you'll use this you'll still need a digital optical cable or the regular analog cable.

so if you'll only buy an hdmi compatible dvd player = better picture quality with the same sound but a lot cheaper.

if you'll replace naman your old ht = better sound with the same picture quality but will cost more.

if i was in your case with 30k i'll get the hdmi compatible dvd player so i can maximize my lcd tv's features and sell my HT/HTIB and buy a separate avr and speakers.

;D OT there's a wharfedale pacific evo set being sold at B&S 19k lang ata pair of F/S, pair of B/S and center

just my 2 cents ;)

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2008 at 03:46 AM by juric »
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline ichibahn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 07:47 PM »
im no expert but this is based on my personal experience.

owning an lcd is really one way of boosting your HTs viewing experience!  ;D

adding an hdmi compatible dvd player would be another upgrade for your HT since it can now digitally transfer/upscale video and audio and boost your viewing pleasure.

however, the hdmi cable will only transfer audio (and video) from your dvd to your tv (hdmi single cable, unlike analog rca's wherein you can split red and white is connected to your avr and yellow to your lcd) .

the audio source will now be coming from 2 sources

1) your lcd tv (you'll to mute or turn-off the volume of your lcd tv if you only want the source coming from your HTIB and speakers)

2) your HT/HTIB  if it's connected to your hdmi compatible dvd player. if you'll use this you'll still need a digital optical cable or the regular analog cable.

so if you'll only buy an hdmi compatible dvd player = better picture quality with the same sound but a lot cheaper.

if you'll replace naman your old ht = better sound with the same picture quality but will cost more.

if i was in your case with 30k i'll get the hdmi compatible dvd player so i can maximize my lcd tv's features and sell my HT/HTIB and buy a separate avr and speakers.

;D OT there's a wharfedale pacific evo set being sold at B&S 19k lang ata pair of F/S, pair of B/S and center

just my 2 cents ;)

hi juric...  thanks for your reply and suggestions. i'll take note of all your advise.

guys... lets me know all your suggestions.

thanks

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 11:00 PM »
I have the same problem....Samsung 32" LCD (can't remember the model...LA something) and a Pioneer HTIB (5 disc changer). HTIB doesn't have an HDMI terminal to connect to my LCD. So I am thinking of getting a player that will be HDMI compatible with the LCD (I'm going to sell my Pioneer HTIB).

If I do this, this means that all the sounds will be coming from the LCD right (via the HDMI).
To improve the sound quality (since picture quality has been addressed by the player and HDMI cable), what do I need (entry level products will do -- for now).
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 04:15 AM »
correct the sound will now be from the lcd via hdmi/hdmi compatible dvd player.

i would recommend a pioneer dv 600 costs around 5.8 - 6k and an hdmi cable.

an avr and sets of speakers.

entry level avr, most reasonable would be a yamaha the rx-v 300 series.

for speakers for me the most reasonable would be wharfedales...

goodluck!
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2008 at 03:44 AM by juric »

Offline ichibahn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 09:39 AM »
correct the sound will now be from the lcd via hdmi/hdmi compatible dvd player.

i would recommend a pioneer dv 600 costs around 5.8 - 6k and an hdmi cable.

an avr and sets of speakers.

entry level avr, most reasonable would be a yamaha the rx-v 300 series is i think just around 11k++

for speakers for me the most reasonable would be wharfedales...

goodluck!

hi juric.. thanks for helping us.. can you recommend a store to buy the yamaha rx-v300, wharfedales and the dv600?

the pioneer htz767 costs around 29T in the malls but this is already a complete 5.1 ht system. the pioneer dv400 is 5.9t naman sa malls din.. so the price you mentioned for the dv600 is very cheap.

i was gearing to the htz767 because it is already all in one and i don't have to turn on so many devices to watch a movie and i'm also thinking of the power consumption if i use a separate devices such as player, avr and powered speakers. am i thinking right?? :):) i just don't know if the htz767 is worth it to buy since i'm assuming that the prices you mentioned for the entry level setup would cost me almost the same or almost a little over as the of the htz767 (29t)

many thanks to you :)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 08:35 PM »
Tried  anumber of stores in GLorietta and Park Square, wala sila DV600.
Where can we get this? I also saw a Pioneer player is SM Megamall (forgot what model).
But according to the manual it can produce 1080p (sicker on the frnt panel of the DVD as well).
It's around 6K++.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 06:36 AM »
ichiban sorry for the late reply but i think i PM'd already  ;D

as for the pio dv600 try theater works in trinoma  ;D also up to 1080p if compatible with your tv.