Author Topic: Invisible Target (Limited Edition)  (Read 2421 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Invisible Target (Limited Edition)
« on: Sep 08, 2007 at 09:50 AM »
Invisible Target (DVD) (Limited Edition) (Hong Kong Version) R3

The 3-disc Limited Edition of Invisible Target comes loaded with incredible bonus features! In addition to a full-length feature commentary with the director and actors, the film comes with a second DVD containing 82 minutes of English-subtitled extras, including a making-of featurette, premiere footage, deleted scenes, storyboards with director commentary, and more! Rounding out this deluxe package is a soundtrack CD containing 18 music tracks from the film.

Hong Kong action returns in a big way with the thrilling summer hit Invisible Target! Director Benny Chan (Gen-X Cops, New Police Story) assembles a dynamite cast of stars, including Nicholas Tse and Shawn Yue of Dragon Tiger Gate, plus young Jaycee Chan, son of the master himself, Jackie Chan. The actors play three very different cops who join forces to take down a vicious gang of thieves, led by martial arts star Wu Jing (SPL) and Andy On (New Police Story). The actors performed many of their own stunts, and the film's kinetic action and breathtaking stuntwork possess an excitement and energy that were once synonymous with the Hong Kong Cinema label. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the jaw-dropping climax, set in a police station, and featuring more bone-crunching action and broken glass than umpteen similar films. For action cinema fans, Invisible Target easily represents 2007's best and most satisfying blowout.

Loose cannon cop Chan Chun (Nicholas Tse) is perpetually on the edge, having lost his fiancée when she was killed during an armored car heist. Six months later, Chan finally gets a lead on the perpetrators, a gang of vicious Mainland thieves, led by the deadly duo of Wu Jing and Andy On. The thieves are looking for the mysterious person (or the "invisible target") who masterminded the original heist, and then took the money and betrayed their gang - and they're willing to take down as many cops as they need to gain their revenge. Chan wants them caught, but he's not the only one out for justice; the tough and smartly-dressed Inspector Fong Yik Wei (Shawn Yue) also wants a piece of the action, and rookie cop Wai King Ho (Jaycee Chan) suspects that the thieves may have something to do with his brother, a missing undercover cop. Individually, the three cops can't stop these guys, but through teamwork, righteous determination, and plenty of head-busting, flying-fists action, they just might stand a chance.

Yesasia

Thanks to RNiverson for the heads up!  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2007 at 10:03 AM by pchin »

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Invisible Target (Limited Edition)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 01:13 AM »
hey paul, how's your order? mine got shipped last saturday  ;)

another title you might be interested in is Flash Point. it's another Donnie Yen kicka$$ film, and they're saying its a prequel to SPL  ::)  the HK LE is already for preorder, but i think there's nothing special to it unlike Invisible Target
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007 at 01:13 AM by RNIverson »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 09:29 AM »
Yep, got a notice from Yesasia that my order is shipped out na. :)

I have SPL & like it very much except the blunder ending.  :-[

Love Donnie Yen's movies...will certainly pick up Flash Point. Tnx bro!  ;)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 12:02 PM »
I have SPL & like it very much except the blunder ending.  :-[

that's why im not picking up that title  ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2007 at 12:50 PM »
However, SPL is still a top movie & grossed box office in HK. With the all-star casts & great actions, this is truly one of the best martial art flicks. Definitely worth collecting. ;)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 05:36 PM »
as requested by pchin  ;)

i'm very disappointed with this LE, maybe if its just a standard special edition i won't be. its just an amaray with a slipcase sandwiched by two soft cardboard/foam/something  ::)  i guess this is why its a cheap LE.

7th pic is a postcard of the OST

what i did is just opened the side of the shrinkwrap and slide the amaray out, leaving the slipcase inside. this way, i won't have any trouble of those cardboards missing    ;)

i really hope the action here is great. cause the packaging sucks. a simple digipack (like Re-Cycle maybe?) would've been cool

btw, sorry for the not-so-clear pics. i dont have my respectable camera here  :D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 05:49 PM »
Wow bro u got it so fast...I'm still waiting mine pa. Thanks for the pics bro. :)

Regret to hear the poor packaging... :-[

Yes, let's hope the action will be great!  ;)

Offline psa10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 07:01 PM »
Got myself a copy, can't wait to watch it. Though, I'm also disappointed with the packaging. It looks as if they just padded the regular ed with two foams on each side. Cheapest I can find is HK$109.00

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2007 at 11:43 PM »
Enjoy the movie psa10 :)

Are you also getting Flash Point?

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 01:53 AM »
i thought the movie was too long. but with Nicholas Tse, Shawn Yue, and Jacky Wu doing their thing, you won't be bored at all  ;)  where's Jaycee Chan? unfortunately, he's the goodie cop who got his a$$ kicked... many many times  :D  i think he only had two fight sequences, and that's it. maybe when he's more mature? also, cant help but notice the great resemblance to superdad Jackie. kick some a$$ boy! make daddy proud  ;D  anyone knows if he does his own stunts also?

of all the actors, i'm highly impressed with Jacky Wu. well, that should be no surprise  ;)  its great that he had a lot of screen time to show his moves. but his final fight should've been longer!

overall, its your typical HK action movie, less guns and more martial arts  8)  even with the lousy packaging, this LE is quite ok already for those who has extra cash to burn. the english-subtitled special features (which i have yet to view), OST (mostly instrumental), limited DVD pads  ;D, and dts track are bonus LE points  :)

btw, play through the end credits for the usual behind the scenes
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2007 at 09:04 AM by RNIverson »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 07:19 AM »
where's Jaycee Chan? also, cant help but notice the great resemblance to superdad Jackie.

Thanks for the feedback bro. Yes, Jaycee in fact resemble almost 100% of Jackie's face when he (Jackie) was around 18 years old. I saw the Jackie's first movie ( a very very old movie but still available in DVD). :)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 11:05 PM »
Love Donnie Yen's movies...will certainly pick up Flash Point. Tnx bro!  ;)

OT, i thought Flash Point was better than SPL, at least on story. it may not have a Donnie Yen-Wu Jing WTF match, the mixed martial arts battle at the end easily makes up for it.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2007 at 01:23 AM »
I can't comment on Flash Point as I haven't seen it yet.  :-[

As for SPL, not only the action scenes are great & didn't over do but also coupled with the good casting & performance (other than Donnie & Wu Jing): Samo Hung, Simon Yip & the others. I do find the story style is compeling with the good cops tire of the triad & ineffective law to put crime lord behind bars, thus they decide to put the law in their own hands & becoming vigilante but at the end got hunt down instead one by one.... :-\

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 08:21 PM »
just finished the special features. i was expecting more of Jackie Chan scenes on the set, but it was only one time when he asked for the autograph of the old lady (Jaycee's grandma)  ;D

they're saying Invisible Target is the last part of the Benny Chan's "hero" trilogy. first two were Heroic Duo & Divergence. anyone who can comment on these 2 films? and do all three really have the same theme, a la Vengeance Trilogy. i wonder if its planned, or just marketing strategy  ::)

paul, question on the title. the director is explaining that Invisible Target means "inherent of men"  ???  does it have something to do with chinese culture? because i thought Invisible Target means unknown villain  ;D

the 3 actors were intimidated to Wu Jing at first. i wonder how Nicholas Tse and Shawn Yue felt working with Donnie Yen in their previous film  ;D   edit: the 3 actors were intimidated fighting against Wu Jing, not just working  :D

and finally, a message from Nicholas Tse to foreign filmmakers - "this is hongkong action". in other words, stop remaking asian hits  :P
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2007 at 08:37 PM by RNIverson »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 10:21 PM »
So how was the movie Rom? I trust you enjoy it very much otherwise you'd be cursing by now hehe  ;D

Geez...I'm still waiting for my copy. Not sure if the delay is caused by our local postal service. :-\ I know in Singapore, the postal service is very efficiency!

So is Invisible Target related to Heroic Duo & Divergence in term of character or story? Now I'm curious  ???

I haven't seen the movie/special feature so I will reserve my comments what Invisible Target means. Yes, on the surface it does seem to imply "unknown villain" :) 

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 01:02 AM »
i'll give it a few more viewings  ;)  after watching the features, you'd appreciate the stunts more especially Nicholas Tse's. his sacrifices (on his body) and dedication to this film is admirable, but im sure the other 3 also had their own contributions

also, i just realized that some stunts were indeed fresh (ready to be rip off by hollywood  ;D) and worthy of multiple viewings. hk action choreography at its best

the comment was that the three films were related in theme. i think it was "hero" theme. i dont get it, cause almost every action movie has a hero anyway. maybe i'll understand more after watching Heroic Duo & Divergence

didn't know Elanne Kwong, the eye candy in the movie, is a pop star. should i be surprised? but then i remembered Twins and Kelly Chen (of Infernal Affairs)  ;D  there should be a lot more out there i dont know yet. a lot of young music artists, not just in HK, have been kickin a$$ in movies recently
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2007 at 01:02 AM by RNIverson »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2007 at 07:16 AM »
Yes, many HK music artists that turn actors/actress that we don't know who is who.
Would love to see the special features too documenting their stunt works.
Nice...I'm really eager to watch the Invisible Target. :)

Offline JuMong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 12:21 PM »
Kamusta Ka?

I thought the movie was very entertaining!  I feel as the movie has to be one of the best action movie in 2007.  I'm still waiting for Flashpoint to see if it's better than Invisible Target.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 09, 2007 at 07:32 PM »
i'm very disappointed with this LE, maybe if its just a standard special edition i won't be. its just an amaray with a slipcase sandwiched by two soft cardboard/foam/something  ::)  i guess this is why its a cheap LE.

Gosh after waited for so many weeks finally I got it. Yep looks a bit cheap.

However, I find the slipcase with the soft touch foam is quite unique & innovative. I think this is the first of such packaging but at least the foam will protect the slipcase. 

Can't wait to see this movie!  :)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 09:09 AM »
However, I find the slipcase with the soft touch foam is quite unique & innovative. I think this is the first of such packaging but at least the foam will protect the slipcase. 

as long as the foam is not lost  ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 09:46 AM »
The foams are glued strongly to the slipcase. It seems secure as I tried to peel it.  :)

Rom, did your foam get loose pa or peel off? Then I have to be extra careful  :D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2410
« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 10:06 AM »
I like hong kong movies, this one look cool, Can I find this movie locally. Wanna buy this. Thanks

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 11:12 AM »
Yes, esp if you're a big fan of martial art or action films :)

I don't think it's available locally but you may try in China Town if any DVD sellers carry this tittle or by special order. :)