Author Topic: help pls: LG L194WT  (Read 1192 times)

Offline antukin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • pieces of you
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
help pls: LG L194WT
« on: Oct 15, 2007 at 04:37 PM »
mga bossing. i'm planning to buy an PC monitor LG L194WT 19" wide. ano ba ok na dvd player na bilhin for this size of monitor. baka kasi ma "over-features" yung bilihin ko, sayang ang money. the features i want: USB, DTS, DD, mp4, divx, mp3, avi, wma, wmv, region-free, plays all types of DVD,

di ko pa kaya bumili ng 32", eto nga pala specs nung monitor: maraming salamats
Size 19W
Resolution 1440 x 900
Pixel Pitch 0.2835 x 0.2835
Brightness 300 cd/㎡
Contrast Ratio 2000:1(DFC)
Viewing Angle 160/160(H/V)
Response Time 5ms
Display Colors 16.2M
Sync Range 
Horizontal Frequency 30 ~ 83 kHz
Vertical Frequency 56 ~ 75 Hz

Input Signal 
Video Signal RGB Analog, Digital
Sync type Separate, Composite, SOG 

Connectors 
PC 15 Pin D-sub, DVI-D(HDCP)
Plug & Play 
DDC DDC/CI

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
Re: help pls: LG L194WT
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 05:42 PM »
I have the same LG 19" monitor...
It's a little too small I think...feels small... I still prefer to watch on my 17" (4:3) AOC...between the two.

You should go for the 22" AOC...around P15K.  Hmm...if you want you could buy my LG 19"...it's only one month old....under shop warranty...I can give you the receipt and can sell it to you for 15% less than the amount I bought it (amount on receipt).

On your original question...

You probably need a DVD player with a VGA output.  Usually only the generic DVD players have this (and USB) as a feature.  Before buying, try it (USB, DivX, avi, etc..) and see if it really works. 

Personally, I'd go for Pioneer.

If you have a DVI to HDMI adapter...it might work with a DVD player with an HDMI output.

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2007 at 05:52 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 07:06 PM »
nice offer on the LG. otherwise, i'm with him in saying it's better if you'll get the 22". there's the acer P223W which is a 22" glossy screen perfect for movie watching. price is at or lower than P15k only. it has dvi-D which is HDCP compliant aready. you can just get a dvd player with hdmi output. i would like to recommend sana the pioneer 600av kaya lang spotty ang performance nya sa mga f*** na dvd's. the philips players are better in that regard. good luck.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline antukin

• Collector
  • pieces of you
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 07:55 PM »
thanks sa mga replies sir. i'm planning to buy a "branded" dvd player, like pioneer. dati kasi i have a 535K which lasted 7yrs. nasira lang dahil sa more than 12hrs/day na gamit ng anak ko.

maganda reviews ng pioneer dv600??? ata yun. kaso 7k, and baka di ko magamit yung full features nya dahil maliit nga lang yung 19". ok na ba yung dv300 or dv400? most of my dvds are origs.

eric- tempting offer. i'll ask my friend again how much she bought her bnew unit. i think its around 8k sa gilmore.

i'll take a look at the aoc 22", this will be rarely used as a movie screen kasi masasayang lang ito kung puro barney & handymanny lang ang ipapalabas. hehe. for PC and occational movie viewing lang from my HT audio setup.

salamats

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:26 PM »
sir antukin, allow me to wake you up a little bit further.  :D

first, about your monitor setup. let me suggest a value alternative to your original setup.

since it seems you're more up to movie watching doubled with pc use, i can suggest either the MAG LB2006 20" for P10,500 from pc option, or the acer P223W 22" for P14,500 from trinoma. both are widescreen glossy panels perfect for video applications. then you can get the itemstech itv-901 from cdr-king for P2,300. with this setup, you won't need an hdmi dvd player with the mag 20", or is an option that you can take for the acer 22". you can then connect your dvd component output and also your video card's vga out to the tuner and select the input you want from there.

+     

good luck! it's your call, brother.

Offline antukin

• Collector
  • pieces of you
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 02:44 PM »
whoa! gearhead ka talaga sir. and yes, your suggestion woke me up. and raised my should be spendings. ehehehe.

i asked my officemate and said that the 19" is indeed "getting smaller" by the day. i'm gonna target the 22".

tnx for the cdrking device. that would be useful in the future. but like what i've said, i'm not gonna use the lcd for cable viewing. for movies from my dvd and divx collection only.

so i still need a dvd player that plays all region, all formats, and that would suit the 22". would this mean i will be needing a hdmi cable?

salamats

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 08:23 PM »
it's good you've already made your decision to go 22". so far, the P223W is the best value for money at least for me. the aoc 22" may not be poor performing but it may just be so-so compared to what is currently available. the samsung 2232GW is excellent but as of now is only available for P17k. it's non-gloss brother is the 226BW for P16k. what i like about the 2232GW is the dynamic contrast setting where you can get a very vibrant picture at the touch of a button. you can compare the specs of all of them though to see if they have an equivalent feature.

if you still don't have an hdmi player and not planning on getting one in the near future, the best value solution is to get the items itv-901, and connect your progressive only player via the component input of the tuner. so far okay naman PQ using the tuner but you may have to tweak them quite a bit to your liking. i recommend watching at about minimum 3-4 ft distance to appreciate the pic better. this is so becoz dvd isn't really hidef yet. native 720p materials are fine even at very close distances though.

the best quality (by quite a small margin) solution is to get an hdmi player and use a dvi-hdmi cable to connect to the lcd monitor. the tuner is then only an option if going this route. the pio dv400 would be just fine, or the philips offering if you play lots of p*dvd's. just check whether the player outputs 480p via hdmi coz that's only what my 2232GW accepts for now. i'm still perplexed about it too.

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 10:51 PM »
for dvd player, i'll go for a nextbase brand, it plays all types of cd's i throw at it...