Author Topic: Philips Pixel Plus  (Read 54446 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Philips Pixel Plus
« Reply #420 on: Oct 28, 2005 at 11:49 AM »
Try this. This is what I do with my pixel plus and enjoying progressive scan. Note : Im using a philips prog scan DVD player.
You cannot switch to prog scan by just connecting your prog scan dvd player to AV3 or 4. To connect propertly follw thses steps:

1. Connect your DVD player to the the AV 3 or 4 using YBR component inputs.
2. Use another interconnect  and connect dvd player to another non-progressive TV input, say side input using the ordinary composite connection.
3. Select the non-progressive channel on TV, open dvd player, go to set up menu.
4. On set up menu, go to selection of progressive scan, select YES,then shift the tv channel to AV3 or 4 quickly. Dont forget to remove the side/or non-progressive connection.
5. You are now tuned to progressive scan using AV3 or 4.

Hope this helps. I dont know for other brand of DVD players.

Pre, did this before but still no picture showing when selecting AV3 or AV4.  Must be on my panasonic player, i will try on my pioneer this weekend.  Thanks.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: Oct 31, 2005 at 10:33 AM »
Pre, did this before but still no picture showing when selecting AV3 or AV4.  Must be on my panasonic player, i will try on my pioneer this weekend.  Thanks.

Oks na, sa panasonic player ko nga. I still have to set as 480p on a different paramter although naka-default na as progessive scan.

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #422 on: Nov 01, 2005 at 09:07 AM »
Good for you Jt, enjoy your tv. ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 10:19 AM »
To anyone near Sucat area, there's a 36" tru-flat widscreen Philips Pixel plus TV at SM Appliance Sucat selling for less than 60T cash and about 64T card.  I believe this is a display model which I was drooling at early this year.  It was selling for around 150T if i recall right.  Didn't get the model but it could be a 2004 model. 

Offline bundy

• Collector
  • Oops!
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 10:49 AM »
Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!
 :'(

I just got a call from Philips service center telling me that my 29" Pixel Plus has to have its SSB replaced cuz the technician can't fix it anymore.  That's the central processing board of the tv.  Which brings me to my next declaration.  Its P37,000.00!!!! for that part alone!

Can somebody help me out?!?!  Anyone know whereelse I might be able to have it repaired.  I can't afford or wouldn't like to spend P40,000 (inclusive of labor) just to have it repaired.

Otherwise, it'll just be junk in my room.

Help!!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 11:18 AM »
Wow, you can buy a new 29" TV for that amount.  ??? 
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2006 at 11:20 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline bundy

• Collector
  • Oops!
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 11:28 AM »
Yup! Thats exactly what I told the Philips service center people.  Any suggestions??

Maybe I should just sell it....  ???

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Jan 26, 2006 at 08:56 AM »
bundy, try to contact direct sa philips plant service dept ( las Pinas) I think the part is only P15k but you can even get it lower ( used ) kung makiusap ka. I hope this helps.

Offline bundy

• Collector
  • Oops!
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Jan 27, 2006 at 10:33 AM »
Talaga?????  Thanks!!! Sige, I'll try that

Offline bundy

• Collector
  • Oops!
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 10:57 AM »
I don't know if I'm lucky or minamalas.... but finally my tv's been repaired and I only had to pay P3k for labor charges...   Here's the thing, the technicians at Philips are, to put it lightly, slightly incompetent. It took an engineer from their head office to happen to pass by, to see the problem, troubleshoot it... and diagnose that it just needed to be recalibrated.  I'm relieved and so happy that my tv's ok again... but I really don't know what to make of those technicians who couldn't repair my tv and thus recommended replacing the entire short signal board....

What do you guys think?

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 12:47 PM »
Good for you. Philips plant engineers are really more competent, They know the real in and outs of the unit. Philips Tvs are imported from China though Singapore. In Singapore, they dismantle the tvs and export to the Phils. as unassembled Tv's so that tax is cheaper. Philips engineers then re assemble the tvs using coded parts as guide and conduct tests. Thats why they know the parts well and they have all the parts needed in case of repairs. In case of problems on Philips TV's try to contact plant technicians in their Las Pinas  factory. Im not connected with Philips, I happen to have friends lanf doon. ;)

Offline bundy

• Collector
  • Oops!
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 01:52 PM »
Yeah. I spoke with the engineer who fixed my tv.  There was just a small resistor or something that he replaced. Di na nga niya sinama sa service fee kasi maliit lang na part. Tapos ni-recalibrate na niya.  Tapos ok na.  He also advised me to not leave my tv on in standby mode for longer than a few minutes.  Tumatakbo pa kasi yung power supply pag ganun at pag nag spike ang kuryente, baka maapektuhan yung tv.  I should turn it off completely. 

But all in all I was satisfied with the engineer's service.  I'm not too happy about the actual service center.  I wish they'd train they're technicians better.

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 10:14 AM »
Mga Fafi, what the difference between a 34PT9420/69R and a 34PT9420/71. the XXXX/71 now retails for about 50K in SM appliance stores but have not seen the XXXX/69R?  Just curious.

Thanks.
ALA EH!!

Offline Gem9

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 07:05 PM »
Hi guyz! I also bought a 34" Philips Pixel plus at a discounted price for only P49.9++ and I believe it is a display unit. I bought it only last March of this year and already I am planning to sell it. The reason is, I can't use the 1080i signal that it can display with the use of upscaling dvd players. By the way, I need your suggestions of how I can utilize the 1080i that this set can display using any dvd upscaling players? Most dvd-upscaling players which outputs 1080i high definition signals uses either HDMI or DVI interface, and it seems I cannot use this pixel plus to output this high definition signal since it does not have any of these terminals at the back. It only have both the component and RGB/VGA connections at the rear side (AV3 and AV4 input for HD signals). I'm thinking of using a DVI to VGA converter to hook-up this set with an up-scaling dvd player such as samsung.  Do u guyz think if it would work? By the way, this may be the primary reason y am planning to sell this t.v. set. To avoid the hassle and just buy an lcd or plasma with that has these types of terminals.  Anybody interested? Just email me at [email protected] or text me at 09192801529.

Offline notarius

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 10:06 PM »
xx  xx  xx.  He also advised me to not leave my tv on in standby mode for longer than a few minutes.  Tumatakbo pa kasi yung power supply pag ganun at pag nag spike ang kuryente, baka maapektuhan yung tv.  I should turn it off completely. 

xx  xx  xx.
My TV is autovolt and always plugged to a 110V socket as protection against current surges. I turn it off completely only when I am away for extended periods.

Offline jigjav

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Aug 03, 2006 at 07:00 PM »
Good for you. Philips plant engineers are really more competent, They know the real in and outs of the unit. Philips Tvs are imported from China though Singapore. In Singapore, they dismantle the tvs and export to the Phils. as unassembled Tv's so that tax is cheaper. Philips engineers then re assemble the tvs using coded parts as guide and conduct tests. Thats why they know the parts well and they have all the parts needed in case of repairs. In case of problems on Philips TV's try to contact plant technicians in their Las Pinas  factory. Im not connected with Philips, I happen to have friends lanf doon. ;)

Sir, can I have the number of the plant technicians in Las Pinas.  I live nearby e. Thanks.

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Aug 04, 2006 at 09:51 PM »
Hi guyz! I also bought a 34" Philips Pixel plus at a discounted price for only P49.9++ and I believe it is a display unit. I bought it only last March of this year and already I am planning to sell it. The reason is, I can't use the 1080i signal that it can display with the use of upscaling dvd players. By the way, I need your suggestions of how I can utilize the 1080i that this set can display using any dvd upscaling players? Most dvd-upscaling players which outputs 1080i high definition signals uses either HDMI or DVI interface, and it seems I cannot use this pixel plus to output this high definition signal since it does not have any of these terminals at the back. It only have both the component and RGB/VGA connections at the rear side (AV3 and AV4 input for HD signals). I'm thinking of using a DVI to VGA converter to hook-up this set with an up-scaling dvd player such as samsung.  Do u guyz think if it would work? By the way, this may be the primary reason y am planning to sell this t.v. set. To avoid the hassle and just buy an lcd or plasma with that has these types of terminals.  Anybody interested? Just email me at [email protected] or text me at 09192801529.

One solution is to find a dvd player that upconverts thru component video if Im not mistaken.  Sayang naman yan kung yan lang reason for letting it go di ba?  Other members can help you!! ;D
ALA EH!!

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Oct 13, 2006 at 09:08 PM »
yung pixel plus ko na 29", medyo nagkaproblema. nabuksan ng tatay ko sa channel na mahina signal kaya nag-auto mute. kaso halos naitodo naman volume kaya paglipat sa ch na maganda signal sumobra naman sa lakas. pansin ko ngayon, nag-blurred ang graphics niya. soft na edges kahit yung mga on-screen graphics ny. anyone encountered this? me idea ba kayo kung ano problema nito? saan kaya pwede patingnan? thanks po.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Feb 19, 2007 at 03:06 AM »
update on my 29" pixel plus. my previously defective unit is now fixed and perfectly working. sabi from the philips service center eh flyback daw naging problema. thanks for the extended warranty, wala akong ginastos kundi yung transpo pagpunta at pagkuha sa service center. sulit na sulit ibinayad ko dun sa extended warranty. even as naka-extended din 5500s na dvd player ko, sana naman di ito magluko. hassle din talaga lalo na sa bulky item as large screen tv.

Try this. This is what I do with my pixel plus and enjoying progressive scan. Note : Im using a philips prog scan DVD player.
You cannot switch to prog scan by just connecting your prog scan dvd player to AV3 or 4. To connect propertly follw thses steps:

1. Connect your DVD player to the the AV 3 or 4 using YBR component inputs.
2. Use another interconnect  and connect dvd player to another non-progressive TV input, say side input using the ordinary composite connection.
3. Select the non-progressive channel on TV, open dvd player, go to set up menu.
4. On set up menu, go to selection of progressive scan, select YES,then shift the tv channel to AV3 or 4 quickly. Dont forget to remove the side/or non-progressive connection.
5. You are now tuned to progressive scan using AV3 or 4.

Hope this helps. I dont know for other brand of DVD players.

thanks to titanium, i tried this approach and it worked. ganda din pala deinterlacer ng 5500s kahit walang upscaler. comparable or better than the tv's pixel plus.

harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 11:49 AM »
Anyone knows if this model 36PW9527 can take 720p/1080i via one of its component input?

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 10:11 PM »
just got my oppo 980. i wanted to try the 1080i inputs of my pixel plus. as jpadua as said before, there is a white line on top and the screen will seem to be compressed. I even had a philips technician adjust it but the settings didn't hold when he left. out of desperation, i pressed the stretch button below the hd button on my remote and suddenly the white line disappears and the picture is in the right aspect ratio.  :D just sharing for owners of this tv.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2008 at 10:57 PM by daigoro »

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 06:19 AM »
bump...

any sighting of this type of TV?  i'm in the market for a 29" and based on the posts here, Pixel Plus talaga pinaka-okay.

did Philips stop production for this model na ba?

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 03:42 PM »
theres somebody in PDVD selling this TV, second hand. Just search for it.

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 03:51 PM »
Titanium & bundy, sent you PMs.

Than you.