Author Topic: Help me mount my plasma tv.  (Read 4498 times)

Offline nukee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help me mount my plasma tv.
« on: Nov 23, 2007 at 06:00 PM »
Please suggest a number to call or someone that can mount my tv to the wall, i have the plb-1 lcd plasma bracket for my 42 inch plasma.

I don't know who to contact, and i don't want to diy because i'm not a good diy guy. Plus, how much do i expect to be charged with this one?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
Re: Help me mount my plasma tv.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 06:45 PM »
Sir, all you need to do is
1.)  get a carpenter or Handyman who can drill 4-5 holes (pantay dapat!) on your cement wall.
2.) Just install the plb-1 back plate to the wall w/ the screws provided
3.) screw the plb-1 hangers to the back of your plasma
4.) remove the base of the plasma
5.) hang the plasma
6.) put the plb-1 lock

hth  :)

Offline nukee

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 08:45 PM »
I've asked around and some are charging me 2500 for the job. Is this a fair price? I know reading the instructions makes it look so easy. I even think i can dIY the job. But i'm weak in making things pantay.... hence the second thoughts. But 2500 price for the install seems a bit too much.

Plus, hitachi told me that i can void my warranty if not an authorized installer from them will do the job? Is this true?

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 09:54 PM »
I've asked around and some are charging me 2500 for the job. Is this a fair price? I know reading the instructions makes it look so easy. I even think i can dIY the job. But i'm weak in making things pantay.... hence the second thoughts. But 2500 price for the install seems a bit too much.

Plus, hitachi told me that i can void my warranty if not an authorized installer from them will do the job? Is this true?

Mounting the unit is enjoyable Sir. Of course using proper tools dapat like electric drill with right size concrete bits. Set of screw drivers and little effort to hold and hang the unit sa base ng plasma back mount.

Tama yung kay Sir Matz, pero kung dami ka budget to pay the labor (php2500) which is for me is expensive, then go ahead and proceed. 2500 ang plasma back mounting plus 2500 na labor, aba, kunti nalang DVD player na! :D
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 03:41 PM »
Talked to Hitachi distro boss before over lunch some time ago & I remember his concern for that is just he wanted to be sure that the mount is installed on a cement surface. Some people might install it on a wood wall & demand replacement if it falls.

Just pay a handyman w/ drill P300 and your problem is solved.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 04:35 PM »
Delikado talaga ang wall-mounted TV.  Even if it's installed on a concrete wall, the TV will fall if the concrete cracks/chips around the screw holes.

I have no intention of wall-mounting my TV, but I'm still curious:

1.  What screw anchors are used on concrete walls?  Are they plastic tox? Or metal expansion anchors?

2.  I hate seeing wires on a wall-mounted TV - parang buntot ng pagi .  How do you hide the wires on a concrete wall?   

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2007 at 04:36 PM by barrister »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 11:27 AM »
2.  I hate seeing wires on a wall-mounted TV - parang buntot ng pagi .  How do you hide the wires on a concrete wall?   

reply 467 here

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 11:51 AM »
Delikado talaga ang wall-mounted TV.  Even if it's installed on a concrete wall, the TV will fall if the concrete cracks/chips around the screw holes.

I have no intention of wall-mounting my TV, but I'm still curious:

1.  What screw anchors are used on concrete walls?  Are they plastic tox? Or metal expansion anchors?

.  How do you hide the wires on a concrete wall?   

Hi, I'll go with metal expansion anchor!
I use this when installing the split air-conditioner outside the house and so far, wala namang sign ng cracks or anything sa wall.
I'm confident lang na maganda ang wall (CHB#6) at plastering. But if you are not sure sa wall mo, delikado talaga ;D
Just my 2 cents lang po.
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 02:49 PM »

Sir Matz and sir trackers888:

Thanks for the replies.

Please post at pinoyhandyman -  http://www.pinoyhandyman.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,27/ and also invite others to the site.  Maganda ang potential ng site, pero konti pa lang ang posts kasi bago pa lang (2007 lang yata nag-start).

Maraming matutulungan ang pinoyhandyman pag lumaki ito na parang pinoydvd.

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
Sir Matz and sir trackers888:

Thanks for the replies.

Please post at pinoyhandyman -  http://www.pinoyhandyman.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,27/ and also invite others to the site.  Maganda ang potential ng site, pero konti pa lang ang posts kasi bago pa lang (2007 lang yata nag-start).

Maraming matutulungan ang pinoyhandyman pag lumaki ito na parang pinoydvd.

Member din ako ng site na ito and very helpful nga sa mga DIYer na tulad ko ;D
Highly recommended!
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline nukee

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 12:20 PM »
Finally, i've mounted my tv DIY. I just needed the courage to do it. My wall is sturdy enough and i'm confident the brackets will hold as long as the platic tox that came with it is good enough. I'm a little bit worried though that the plates mounted to my plasma are just held by four screws mounted to the back of the plasma. Are these mounting points behind the plasma sturdy enough?

I hate wires and i was able to hide a little bit of them by having a big hole in the wall, put in a large pvc pipe with open elbows and have the wires inside. Then have the walls re-cement and repaint afterwards. Will post pics soon.

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 01:21 PM »
Finally, i've mounted my tv DIY. I just needed the courage to do it. My wall is sturdy enough and i'm confident the brackets will hold as long as the platic tox that came with it is good enough. I'm a little bit worried though that the plates mounted to my plasma are just held by four screws mounted to the back of the plasma. Are these mounting points behind the plasma sturdy enough?

I hate wires and i was able to hide a little bit of them by having a big hole in the wall, put in a large pvc pipe with open elbows and have the wires inside. Then have the walls re-cement and repaint afterwards. Will post pics soon.

Congrats on your DIY Nukee :D I'm sure, did you feel different satisfaction after the successful attempt? ;)
The mounting plates are design to hold your TV, don't you worry ;)
You can't do anything about the wires but to use plastic trunking painted with the same color of your wall or, try Matz product, meron silang pang pang concealed sa mga wires.
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 01:34 PM »
My wall is sturdy enough and i'm confident the brackets will hold as long as the platic tox that came with it is good enough. I'm a little bit worried though that the plates mounted to my plasma are just held by four screws mounted to the back of the plasma. Are these mounting points behind the plasma sturdy enough?

Yes, the screws holding the TV to the plate are strong enough since the size and alloy of the screws' metal are built to proper specifications.  There's also no need to worry about the mounting points behind the TV, since those 4 mounting points are usually reinforced.  I bet there is a small metal plate embedded in the TV's plastic back panel where each mounting point is located.   

It's the wall itself that you should be watching.  But since you've already inspected the wall, then I suppose you're fine.

Another thing you should watch out for is the size and quality of the screw connecting the plate to the wall.  A poor quality screw might break after a few years.  But if you're using screws that came with the mounting bracket, then there's no need to worry.

You seem to have a good DIY background, but to our other members who have no DIY skills, I would advise them not to wall-mount their TV unless they know what they're doing.   

On a concrete wall, hiding cables by embedding them in the wall after encasing in a pvc pipe/flexible pipe is a good option. You'll get a very neat, uncluttered look.
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 at 01:57 PM by barrister »

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 03:05 PM »
How I wish kasing galing ako ni sir barrister mag explain ;D
Meron pa rin pala way para maitago ang expose wires, magsinsil ka sa concrete wall then lagay ka tubes para sa cables na kailangan ng HDTV mo like what Barrister said. It will take time pero maganda naman tingnan.
JM2C lang po ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 at 03:17 PM by trackers888 »
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 03:50 PM »
 :D

Parang original electrical wiring lang sa loob ng pader ng bahay yan, bosing.  Matrabaho lang at makalat sa bahay habang nagsisinsil, pero maganda naman ang resulta.

Pero may konting problema pa rin pag nagsinsil ka ng konkreto, sir trackers888.  After a few months lang, madalas nagkakaroon ng hairline cracks sa wall surface along the lines where the new cement joins the old concrete.  Yan ang side effect pag hindi one-piece na sabay-sabay natuyo ang semento sa pader.     
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 at 04:01 PM by barrister »

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 02:59 AM »
:D

Parang original electrical wiring lang sa loob ng pader ng bahay yan, bosing.  Matrabaho lang at makalat sa bahay habang nagsisinsil, pero maganda naman ang resulta.

Pero may konting problema pa rin pag nagsinsil ka ng konkreto, sir trackers888.  After a few months lang, madalas nagkakaroon ng hairline cracks sa wall surface along the lines where the new cement joins the old concrete.  Yan ang side effect pag hindi one-piece na sabay-sabay natuyo ang semento sa pader.     

;) Totoo sinabi mo Sir Barrister, dami talaga hassle kapag hindi planado ang HT setup sa bahay, puro retoke at masilya aabutin ng wall mo :D Nice views Bro ;D
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline nukee

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2007 at 01:34 PM »
Actually, i'm dealing with the hairline cracks right now. But i'm hoping that the concrete putty filler will make a difference. I'm going to fill it up and repaint again.

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2007 at 03:50 PM »

With the recent earthquake, I hope you guys checked your wall-mounts.   ;D

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2007 at 11:57 AM »
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=72246.0

try checking out this thread. i posted pics of my setup. i neatly tied the cables together to minimize clutter as i couldnt hide it due to concrete wall mounting

Offline nukee

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Dec 12, 2007 at 12:08 AM »
Here are the pictures of what i've done so far. The rack came free with the hdtv and i plan to replace it with a better looking one. Any suggestions for the rack?

closer view

shot of the wires... still there but a good rack will do the trick i guess?

more...

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2007 at 03:28 AM »
Here are the pictures of what i've done so far. The rack came free with the hdtv and i plan to replace it with a better looking one. Any suggestions for the rack?

closer view

shot of the wires... still there but a good rack will do the trick i guess?

more...

Maganda naman pala ang outcome ng DIY mo eh, pwede na to ilagay sa HT picture thread ;)
Dami magandang rack available si Matz, I'm sure may babagay pa sa existing rack mo ngayon ;D
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline 3daytrial

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2007 at 07:19 AM »

Baka makakuha ka ng rack this month at gusto mo ng idispatcha kagad yan m interested... yan yung sigma rack diba??

Dami magandang rack available si Matz, I'm sure may babagay pa sa existing rack mo ngayon 
saan po pwede macontact si matz?

Offline trackers888

• Collector
  • PDVD Proud Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2007 at 11:38 AM »
Baka makakuha ka ng rack this month at gusto mo ng idispatcha kagad yan m interested... yan yung sigma rack diba??
saan po pwede macontact si matz?

For Matz; check out his thread below
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=40777.0
7 Transistor AM Radio

Offline nukee

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:48 AM »
yep, that is the sigma rack, however, dami pa gastos now, might shop for a new rack after new year already.