Author Topic: Generic DVD recorder  (Read 736 times)

Offline xdaatom206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Generic DVD recorder
« on: Jan 02, 2008 at 05:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

patulong naman meron bang generic na DVD recoder i want to record yung ibang TV programs kasi

Thanks a lot and if you can give me the price range and shops na nag bebenta nito.

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Generic DVD recorder
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 08:34 AM »
None available, and from the models that I've checked including the Liteon, Pioneer and the branded ones that was sold by SOS last year(Australian brands with PAL broadcast sold at 7.5K).

The best way to go is still via your desktop.

Get a cheap external usb TV tuner/capture card available at most Gilmore PC Shops costing from 1.5K to 2.5K; attach your cable source and the capture is a lot better than stand alone dvd video recorders.

Offline xdaatom206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 11:17 AM »
Hello Alfie,

Thanks a lot for the advice. actually the TV tuner is really the 1st option in my mind im just thinking if it would be easier to use the DVD recorder

Offline LEXing LUTHOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 05:04 PM »
I have a Roger DVD Recorder..

my sis who lives in HK got it free from their bank, nasira na so she gave it to me.. mahal kasi magpagawa sa HK
Had it repaired here (power problem lang) for 400 pesos  ;D

Ok sya,  I use it to record my old VHS videos to DVD.
And i like that it plays divx files that shows the full name, not just 8 characters. and also it can display subtitles of divx files :-)

btw, my sis got a newer dvd recordable, with harddisk this time, again from a bank in HK.. ok talaga mga banks doon, daming offers...  :D