Author Topic: Samsung DVD-F1080  (Read 1152 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Samsung DVD-F1080
« on: Aug 11, 2008 at 03:39 PM »

Samsung DVD-F1080

up to 1080p up-conversion

SAMSUNG's F1080 DVD Player up-converts the resolution of ordinary DVDs to 1080p/1080i/720p High-definition – which means you'll experience the video and audio quality you didn't think was possible from a DVD player.

DivX(MPEG-4) playback

SAMSUNG's DVD Players deliver high-quality DivX images. Insert DVDs & CDs that have DivX image downloaded via computer and enjoy watching them on the large-scale TV.

HDMI™ output

HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) transfers hi-definition video and audio from your F1080 DVD Player to your TV, Home Theatre or other digital AV components without loss of any digital signal. Simply connect your DVD Player to your Home Theatre System with a single HDMI cable for high quality pictures and sound.

advanced 14-bit video DAC

SAMSUNG's DVD Players feature state-of-art 14-bit video DAC (digital-to-analog converter) and video processing running at 108MHz. The 14-bit DAC produces up to 16384 colour values, as opposed to 1024 with 10-bit processing, providing extended dynamic contrast and detail with natural and smooth graduation between highlights and shadows. With the high-speed 108MHz video processing, it boosts image resolution as close to the original DVD source as possible, allowing you to enjoy more life-like pictures.
blank

-Found this in SM appliance in Rockwell.  Very nice form factor.  Price: P4990.00.  Looks promising.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Samsung DVD-F1080
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 04:08 PM »

Quite interesting... is this all-region enabled and can support both NTSC and PAL disks?  ;)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 07:16 PM »
The salesman told me that it is R3 locked out of the box but you have to contact Samsung service center for the region free hack.  I was looking for a small HDMI dvd player to fit my new AV rack but wasn't able to bring different region dvds though to try this player.  If anyone have done this please post your observations. 

This might help:

Samsung DVD-F1080 Hack
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2008 at 07:23 PM by nerveblocker »

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 07:21 PM »
looks neat!  ;) how is this compared to the pioneer dv-600?