Author Topic: LG 32" Plasma  (Read 129677 times)

Offline Maulller

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Outer Haven
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32" Plasma
« Reply #240 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 06:17 AM »
Just went to trinoma theaterworks last sunday to audition this unit. malaki talaga difference compared to other lcd tv (i myself being a lcd tv owner) sana may stock pa kayo sir jeff, i might get one before the end of this month :)

Offline homechatter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 09:48 AM »
To LG 32" Plasma owner's , how does the lower resolution of this model compare with the LCDs with higher resolutions such as the Samsung 32A450 ? Although richer in color did you notice any disadvantage when it comes to image detail?

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #242 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 01:41 PM »
To LG 32" Plasma owner's , how does the lower resolution of this model compare with the LCDs with higher resolutions such as the Samsung 32A450 ? Although richer in color did you notice any disadvantage when it comes to image detail?

Standard PQ resolution maganda na --- Even better if put on enhanced... Side by side with Samsung32a450... Kita mo agad PQ quality difference...

Trust me bro... malayo difference ng PQ --- side by side comparison with pana 32lx70 / pana 37 / samsung  vs the LG Plasma...

When i view a side by side audition comparing PQ on a blueray source... sobra halata yung PQ ng Plasma over the LCD units... (no offense to the LCD users --- I too liked the pana 32lx70 when I first saw it with other LCDs... Samsung / Hitachi / Toshiba... Pana 32lx70 had the best PQ over the test set...)

But when compared with LG Plasma... malayo ang PQ (Pana 32LX70)....

LG PLASMA has the best PQ so far...

Maybe my opinion but alot of PDVD users agree about the better PQ of the LG PLASMA...

Offline bombie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 02:35 PM »
I said so because a friend of mine bought the 32 LG and the PQ was totally different from what is being seen in the showroom. That's just my opinion about the LG 32. Also, I respect the opinion of some "expert" LCD sellers who say how "fantastic," "amazing," "spectacular," and other superlatives a TV is . . . . especially if you want people to buy from you :)

Anyway, I am very satisfied with what I have.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #244 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 02:40 PM »
The negative comment is just normal on any review threads ... whether it's a review of an equipment, movie, or whatever ... there is always someone who throws a spanner - either for valid reasons or whatever.

Hopefully those who are posting reviews could be more objective and provide more details (especially the negative comments) - these would be helpful to those deciding to purchase the item.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008 at 08:11 PM by raptor »
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline bombie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 02:47 PM »
You're right, raptor. Unfortunately, some people respond through personal attacks simply because they want you to "tow the line" (i.e. if they say maganda siya, dapat sabihin mo maganda siya.).

Offline bombie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 02:47 PM »
"toe the line pala." hehehe

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 03:04 PM »

Has anybody tried a Blu-ray vs. Standard DVD comparison on this TV?

Offline bombie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 03:09 PM »
You may want to visit this site:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/21/lg-announces-first-32-inch-plasma-tv-does-anyone-care/

Anyway, here's what is written there:

"Even if it's not the first as LG is claiming it is, the recently announced 32-inch 32PC5RV is the smallest plasma TV to get a decent production run. Launching in Brazil this month and then worldwide in November, the 32PC5RV intends to muscle in on the most popular LCD TV size. The television will come with a relatively low price tag to lure buyers in at between $1,000 and $1,100: probably not low enough to beat lesser brands selling 42-inch 1080p plasmas at around that mark, and definitely not high enough specification to beat equivalently branded 32-inch LCDs what with the 32PC5RV featuring an abysmal 852x480 resolution, 550 lumen brightness, and a 1,800:1 contrast ratio. LG, you're gonna have to do better than that."

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 03:16 PM »
I said so because a friend of mine bought the 32 LG and the PQ was totally different from what is being seen in the showroom. That's just my opinion about the LG 32. Also, I respect the opinion of some "expert" LCD sellers who say how "fantastic," "amazing," "spectacular," and other superlatives a TV is . . . . especially if you want people to buy from you :)

Anyway, I am very satisfied with what I have.

Baka lemon sir yung nakuha nya.  Are you sure its the 32PC5R? I bought mine blind since i trust most of the reviews here being in the community for such a long time. I've seen some of the best lcds being advertised here kaya when a lot of users said that this plasma is better, took the risk na since I've have seen plasma flat panels outperform lcds in some stores in Manila.

The same case when i bought my W100 PJ. Hindi naman ako nagsisi. ;)  Relaks lang kayo.  ;)
ALA EH!!

Offline bombie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 03:21 PM »
Thanks, CocoBoy. I appreciate your comment. Probably you're correct. If you guys believe that this LCD is better, then so be it. Wag lang man-aasar yung iba especially if it happens that he sells this TV and he has everything to gain from it :)

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 03:32 PM »
Maybe we can start a survey dun sa mga owners of this unit on a summarized/matrized form. Antagal ko ring lurker sa flat panel thread since last year and lahat ata ng klase ng models, me good and bad comments.  Yun ay kung ayos la-ang ga yung gay-on.  Cheers everybody.
ALA EH!!

Offline kapau

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 03:58 PM »
Well the funny thing is as if you didn't start the post below.

This tv sucks! A waste of money....trust me.

Back to topic guys  :)

I tested my xbox360 on my new LG connected to PC input and the PQ is way better than my LCD (bravia). I tested FORZA, COD4 and Acecombat6 by the way.  Tested blueray copy on my upscaling dvd player (1080i) and again as i've said yun mga face sa LCD ko mukang naka chinchensu ;D sa LG plasma natural ;)

anyway if you want ur plasma to have an LCD look movie put your setting on "mild" and again kahit naka mild sya mas maganda pa rin PQ nya compare to LCD.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008 at 04:00 PM by kapau »

Offline Nemesis91

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 07:50 PM »
Thanks, CocoBoy. I appreciate your comment. Probably you're correct. If you guys believe that this LCD is better, then so be it. Wag lang man-aasar yung iba especially if it happens that he sells this TV and he has everything to gain from it :)

Correction plasma sir, baka lcd nakita mo. Sino ba nag start ng "This tv sucks! A waste of money....trust me." Who are you to say that? I now you love you tv period, kanya kayang mata yan. How can we trust you if you dont have proof, whats bad about the tv? dapat nilagay mga poor comments mo.

Gusto mo side by side natin tv mo sa plasma, kung panalo ka sayo na yung plasma ko. Pero kung ako naman ang nanalo sakin na lcd mo. ;)

Eto gamitin natin Panasonic BD30
Bluray film, SD disc, tuner and P***td disc.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008 at 07:54 PM by Nemesis91 »

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 08:04 PM »
Nakupo!! Ayan na! ;D

Anyway, tamad talaga ako magbackread....kelangan pa ba nito ang breakin, yung 100 hrs mentioned here somewhere.  Sorry mga tol ha, nagtatanong lang po.  ;D

ALA EH!!

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 08:05 PM »
I saw the difference of LCDs and plasma at TW showroom and I can attest to the better PQ of the LG plasma compared to the other LCDs in display...  Kaya nga po I ordered one to Sir Jeff, just awaiting my advise on when it will bw delivered. :D

No offense po sa mga LCD TV owners... Maybe it's just a matter of personal preference.

hi sir, sent your tv na. Ma late lang sila kunti after delivery nila sa san juan. ;)
thanks for the purchase.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 08:07 PM »
Nakupo!! Ayan na! ;D

Anyway, tamad talaga ako magbackread....kelangan pa ba nito ang breakin, yung 100 hrs mentioned here somewhere.  Sorry mga tol ha, nagtatanong lang po.  ;D

no need na sir. :D

katuwaan lang naman nothing serious. .. hehehe.. ;D

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 08:32 PM »
I tested my xbox360 on my new LG connected to PC input and the PQ is way better than my LCD (bravia). I tested FORZA, COD4 and Acecombat6 by the way.
LCD ko mukang naka chinchensu Grin sa LG plasma natural Wink

@kapau / LG Plasma owners
When connected to PC input, anong resolution nya sa Windows display settings?
When playing COD4, anong resolution gamit mo sa game settings?

I agree PQ is better on LG lalo na kung BluRay or DVD ang source, but how about yung detail ng texture sa PC gaming?
Example sa actual size image na 'to from COD4, sobrang detailed nung mga grass at texture ng puno, makikita mo yung weaved texture sa sleeve nung soldier at gulong ng truck. Detailed texture din yung hollow blocks.
Ganito rin ba kadetailed sa LG plasma or parang naka-"chinchensu" yung mga sundalo?

Here's the actual size: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3672/iw3sp2008012821330670ga9.jpg
http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/605/cod4.jpg
I hope you could post screenshots to show how detailed the picture looks like on LG Plasma vs. LCD.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2008 at 08:57 PM by GioSpike »

Offline kapau

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 09:59 PM »
@GioSpike - At first, I thought the text on plasma will not be the same with the text on LCD. Yun kasi un tinanong ko kay Jeff bago ko kinuha un plasma when he mentioned na he's using plasma on gaming di nako nagdalawang isip well to my surprise wala naman difference with gaming for me mas gusto ko sya lalo na un mga black part and we all know when it comes to gaming mas angat talaga LCD well to tell you guys honestly for me parang mas ok un PQ ng plasma nawala kasi un maputi or what they call white wash on LCDs. I will try to capture screenshots pero pano mo ginawa yun capture mo? I dont think maganda kakalabasan pagkinuhanan ko with a digicam. may printscreen ba sa 360?

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 11:12 PM »
Ahh... yung xbox may VGA connector pala pang PC input, mali basa ko kanina. I thought nilaro mo yung COD4 sa PC na nakakabit sa PC input ng LG Plasma.

Nakuha ko lang sa Internet sites yung mga screenshots na pinost ko. Try mo na lang iset sa thumbnail yung digicam.

Meron ba dito gamit yung LG 32" Plasma pang HTPC? Anong resolution nya sa Windows display settings? Kung PC Gaming like COD4, anong resolution sya nakaset sa game settings?

Offline nukee

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 11:45 PM »
Question lang po, i'm also considering the panasonic plasma that is in Theater works, but upon seeing this parang mas maganda pa pq quality nito. Is this because the unit is smaller. I want a 42 inch, pero with the price difference i could almost get 2 units of the lg for the panasonic.

The question is, with its native resolution of 852x480, does it mean that if i play a playstation3 game with 1080p resolution, the tv will downscale it to 480p? Then how does it show better pq than a 42 inch plasma that has 1 megapixel native resolution?

I really don't understand?

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Jun 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM »
For PC users ito dapat > LG 32lc4r 1080p capable lcd unit. Sale Php33,000 cash
The LG 32LC4R is 32" Diagonal Wide Screen, LCD Engine™, 1366 x 786 pixels, 500 cd/m2 Brightness, Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 1300:1 Contrast, 4ms Response, 16,7 Million Color, Speaker 10W x 2W.

50 units available. LG PHIL warranty.
OT lang ha, plasma pinag usapan eh kaso puro lcd ang tinatanong. :D
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:00 AM by Nemesis91 »

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:33 AM »
For PC users ito dapat > LG 32lc4r 1080p capable lcd unit. Sale Php33,000 cash
The LG 32LC4R is 32" Diagonal Wide Screen, LCD Engine™, 1366 x 786 pixels, 500 cd/m2 Brightness, Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 1300:1 Contrast, 4ms Response, 16,7 Million Color, Speaker 10W x 2W.

50 units available. LG PHIL warranty.
OT lang ha, plasma pinag usapan eh kaso puro lcd ang tinatanong. :D

Sir, bakit etong  LG 32lc4r for PC users and not LG 32" Plasma? Is there something wrong with LG 32" Plasma kung sa PC gagamitin?

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:52 AM »
hi sir, sent your tv na. Ma late lang sila kunti after delivery nila sa san juan. ;)
thanks for the purchase.

Got it already sir and already enjoying watching movies...  Pwede po ba malaman yung best setting for this new toy of mine... Hehe... Pa-PM na lang po...  Again, thanks a lot Sir Jeff for the prompt response sa request ko na madeliver yung item. Thanks also for your crew that sent and set it up for me...

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 01:04 AM »
Sir, bakit etong  LG 32lc4r for PC users and not LG 32" Plasma? Is there something wrong with LG 32" Plasma kung sa PC gagamitin?

Hindi naman ibig sabihin pangit yung plasma sa pc.

Ang tagal na pinag usapan dito yan bro, meron pros and cons ang plasma and lcd. (go to lcd / plasma board)

LCD 1 meg 1366. > w/is good for pc

32 lg plasma wala pang 1 meg 852 lang ang resolution. > not define yung text content

Go for lcd kung gusto mo mga pc use, or bring your htpc and install it to any plasma or lcd sa shop, 42pv8/42pv80/samsung 42a450/ pioneer kuro/lg plasma. kung alin yung pumasa sa mata mo then thats you tv sir.

Yan ang ginawa ni mark aka lanchawbin of tipdpc, di pumasa yung kuro 428xg dahil wala pang 1 meg yung tv. Ask nemesisDelta7 sa tipidpc, daming alam diyan yan. ;)

Kung PC ang pinag usapan the minimum is 1 meg.
all lcds are > 1 meg.
so dapat dito mo i-compare 50 inch plasma > 1 meg kuro 508xg, samsung 50a550 (2meg), pana 50pv70, LG50pg60, etc.

ang tanong dian eh, pano kung puro dark scene ang game mo what then? kaya better try the unit and see it for yourself.

dapat yata sa lcd/plasma itong thread eh.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2008 at 01:53 PM by Nemesis91 »

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 01:18 AM »
I used to work for Fujitsu, and we regularly used 42-inch plasma TV's for output of PC/laptop displays for presentation purposes .... there has never been an issue with PC image quality even on older generation plasma tv's in the late 90's (those are not even 720p or hd capable)- it was very clear, text or images ... it's just a matter of configuring the PC to the correct resolution to achieve clear image

rule of thumb for the new flat panels (lcd or plasma) is to configure the graphics resolution of the pc to the maximum resolution supported by the flat panel - any other resolution would normally result into poor text and image clarity ...you can try this even with standard PC lcd monitors - if you change the resolution, higher or lower, the txt and image clarity becomes poor ....unlike with old crt, the image size only changes, but clarity would still be ok (that's why you can opt to have 640x480 res on old 15-inch crt's if you want bigger images and 800x600 if you want to fit more but smaller images/txt on your screen)

hence, the image/text quality should be a non-issue with the new plasma tv generations ... just work on the configurations

follow the advice of sir raptor if you really want to use pc for your plasma or wanting a plasma for your pc.
hope this helps.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 01:35 AM »
Question lang po, i'm also considering the panasonic plasma that is in Theater works, but upon seeing this parang mas maganda pa pq quality nito. Is this because the unit is smaller. I want a 42 inch, pero with the price difference i could almost get 2 units of the lg for the panasonic.

The question is, with its native resolution of 852x480, does it mean that if i play a playstation3 game with 1080p resolution, the tv will downscale it to 480p? Then how does it show better pq than a 42 inch plasma that has 1 megapixel native resolution?

I really don't understand?

kahit ako sir, i cant even understand the lg resolution is low (852x480) pero the picture is rich and define. i'm using also a ps3 as a video source and game.

32lg on top and 42pv8 below. > source ps3/ film Bluray exotic saltwater.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2008 at 01:39 AM by Nemesis91 »

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 02:02 AM »
Most of the LG 32" Plasma owners play their movies from a Bluray or DVD source, pero how about playing high definition movies from a PC source?

We all know that LG 32" Plasma is excellent on dark scenes that's why I'm interested on getting one for an HTPC dedicated for High-Definition movie viewing only.  I won't be using it for browsing, since as you mentioned, text on this flat panel display is not defined as compared to LCD.

The thing I like most about High-Definition movies is its image clarity or how detailed the image appears on the screen especially if the resolution matches your displays resolution. Also, you could really tell the difference between a Bluray and DVD source when played on a LCD because of its image clarity due to its high resolution.  Since LG 32" Plasma has only 852 x 480, will I lose a lot of image detail?  Will a Bluray and a DVD just have the same image clarity when played on an LG 32" Plasma?

Actually, based on the screenshots posted, its hard to tell the difference. Will just visit your shop and see.  Pero kung meron makakasagot or could give a better explanation, post na lang.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2008 at 02:05 AM by GioSpike »

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 11:25 AM »
I dont have a htpc yet, kaya di ko masabi kung maganda nga sa plasma. I'll try to finish my htpc project then maybe i can post some pics here.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:23 PM »
4 units nalang. ;)