Author Topic: LG 32" Plasma  (Read 129719 times)

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32" Plasma
« Reply #600 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 02:32 PM »
I visited the Consumer Electronics Live 2008 at SMX Mall of Asia last week.  The LG representatives said that they will be concentrating on LCD and would discontinue selling plasmas.  Do you guys have any confirmation on this?  I'm comfused since I see our favorite sellers introducing new LG plasma models.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #601 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 02:43 PM »
ot: good morning doc! musta htpc natin  :)
i just got your message, around 5am .. :D
napuyat sa mga binigay mo na "stuff" ..  ;D ;D ;D

Bro thanks for customizing the settings for my HTPC yesterday. Dami ako natutunan ah.

Happy to see those mkvs in my plasma. Amazing!

Bro balitaan mo ko dun sa Windows Media Center project natin ha. Patok talaga pag nadali mo!

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #602 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 02:45 PM »
i recently purchased a pv8 from jeff and now contemplating on whether i should go for the pch110 or just buy a pio upscaling dvd player. i usually download sd movies and tv series. sir ninja malaki ba diff if i buy a pch 110 w/720p movies and series compared to sd movies and tv series upscaled to 720p by a dvd player? ???

If you buy an upscaling DVD player, then you'd be upscaling OLD SEASONS of TV series (in DVDs) to 720p.  If you buy NMT, then you'd be watching the LATEST season episodes nearly every day.  Kung mabilis ISP mo, within a day after the US broadcast, meron ka nang bagong-bagong episode in 720p.  Minsan 1080p especially if very very popular series.

If you buy an upscaling DVD player, then you'd be upscaling your collection of DVDs which you have probably watched already.  If you had NMT, then you should have watched Hancock 720p 2 days ago pa, and you will probably get to know Debbie, Tara, Teagan and Jenna up close and personal and see their stitch marks among others.  

If you buy NMT and you're a documentary nut, what about around 20 hours of Nat Geo, 20 hours of Discovery Channel and 20 hour of BBC specials in high def?  If you buy an upscaling DVD, then check out Amazon for their selection of documentaries.

SD movie/TV series converted to DVD format then upscaled to 720p - possible but ??????????

Kung malapit ka sa Pasig, dalawin mo ako sa Xmas or New Year time and pakita ko sa yo katakot takot na 2007 and 2008 TV series and documentaries in high def using the PC lang (or, bitbitin mo yung PV8 sa bahay and ikabit natin sa HTPC - di ko kayang bitbitin ang TV ko from Japan). 

Still confused?

« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2008 at 02:53 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline defjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #603 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 03:55 PM »
if you dont have a good htpc (x2 processor, 2gb of ram, good video card) then i suggest that you get the pch 110 .. ;)
but if you have a good setup, then pioneer upscaler is the way to go ..  ;)
i suggest that you try your old dvd player (480p not 480i), the internal scaler of pv7 is good enough already..
im sure the pv8 has the same or a better scaler .. :D

parang ang labo ng post ko .. :D

sir wala po akong htpc, what i do is download the movies/tv series and burn as data to a blank dvd and watch it using my lg dvd player upscaling to 480p only(diplay used is 42pv8). question is same lang ba quality if i download a dvdrip movie which is around 700mb and then upscale to 720p using a pio dvd player compared to downloading a 720p movie w/c is around 4.5gb and play it using a nmt.sorry sirs naguguluhan talaga ako on which way to go.bago lang kasi sa ht e ??? ???

Offline defjam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #604 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 03:59 PM »

If you buy an upscaling DVD player, then you'd be upscaling OLD SEASONS of TV series (in DVDs) to 720p.  If you buy NMT, then you'd be watching the LATEST season episodes nearly every day.  Kung mabilis ISP mo, within a day after the US broadcast, meron ka nang bagong-bagong episode in 720p.  Minsan 1080p especially if very very popular series.

If you buy an upscaling DVD player, then you'd be upscaling your collection of DVDs which you have probably watched already.  If you had NMT, then you should have watched Hancock 720p 2 days ago pa, and you will probably get to know Debbie, Tara, Teagan and Jenna up close and personal and see their stitch marks among others.  

If you buy NMT and you're a documentary nut, what about around 20 hours of Nat Geo, 20 hours of Discovery Channel and 20 hour of BBC specials in high def?  If you buy an upscaling DVD, then check out Amazon for their selection of documentaries.

SD movie/TV series converted to DVD format then upscaled to 720p - possible but ??????????

Kung malapit ka sa Pasig, dalawin mo ako sa Xmas or New Year time and pakita ko sa yo katakot takot na 2007 and 2008 TV series and documentaries in high def using the PC lang (or, bitbitin mo yung PV8 sa bahay and ikabit natin sa HTPC - di ko kayang bitbitin ang TV ko from Japan). 

Still confused?

actually i still download the latest movies/tv series pero in sd quality or dvdrip quality lang. if i buy a pio upscaling dvd player mas gaganda ba ung picture nya if i burn the movies in a blank dvd then upscale the movies to lets say 720p or 1080p?or mas superior parin if i download the movies in 720p or 1080p then play it using pch?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #605 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 05:10 PM »
actually i still download the latest movies/tv series pero in sd quality or dvdrip quality lang. if i buy a pio upscaling dvd player mas gaganda ba ung picture nya if i burn the movies in a blank dvd then upscale the movies to lets say 720p or 1080p?or mas superior parin if i download the movies in 720p or 1080p then play it using pch?

Lets say you DL an avi movie na 700MB.  That is less than 1/6 of the original DVD na 4.5GB or kung Dual Layer ay less than 1/11.  So just imagine the losses sa compression.   Even if you convert avi to DVD format, it won't even be as beautiful as an original DVD.   So kahit you take the next step and upscale the avi-to-DVD converted file using an upscaling DVD player, it won't be as stunning (PQ-wise) as a 720p or 1080p file that was ripped from an original BD or HD DVD source na betweeen 25GB to 50GB.

Para ring digital photo.  If you set your resolution soooo low, it will be a total crap if you blow it up kahit na ano pang enhancement ang gawin mo.  While if you take a shot at the highest resolution and later scale it down, maganda pa rin diba.

Mas malinaw pa nga ang 720p MKV compared to original DVD.  Yun nga lang illegal ang downloading (kahit anong format pa sya) so refrain from asking sensitive details about MKVs.  I'm simply answering your query about kung "ano mas maganda picture."

« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2008 at 05:18 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline defjam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 07:20 PM »
ok sir.thanks for asking my question.ganun na nga din naisip ko buti nalang u confirmed it. anyway pag isipan ko nalang if the diff in pic quality will be enough to buy a pch110 which is currently at 13k unit only. :'(

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #607 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 09:08 PM »
Iba talaga pag me mkv or high def player ka.  Will never look back at dvd's again. eh HD in LG plasma, ganda na, what more sa PV8 or PV80 or bigger plasmas.  But since maliit yung room size ko, perfect 2ng plasma na 2 plus popcorn, panalo talaga.

Sarap nga manuod n "ehem ehem"! ;D 24/7 downloads.!!!!
ALA EH!!

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #608 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 09:15 PM »
Downloaded HDrips and played via an NMT is still superior in PQ compared to SD DVDs upscaled to 720p/1080p and was already proven in the Blind Test EB held at Streetsmart's place.

Offline miccollo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #609 on: Oct 31, 2008 at 12:38 AM »
Lapit na dumating LG line ups!
added version on the 32 plasma now available. Limited stocks, see it at TW Trinoma
42pg60 1024x768
50pg70 Full HD
60pg70 Full HD

sir, pa price quote naman for 42", cash at 6mos CC. how would this compare with panny pv8?

thanks!
TCL 75p8m
Onkyo Tx NR646
Jamo 416
AE Neo Ctr
Klipsch Sub10
Nvidia Shield TV
PS5

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #610 on: Oct 31, 2008 at 12:43 AM »
defjam sorry for the confusion .. it seems that the best option for you right now is an HTPC or the NMT .. ;D
both can upcale your existing SD collection
NMT - because you already have a download pc (not as versatile as an htpc but its cheaper and less power consumption)
HTPC - because its an all in one player (but its bulky, a little expensive and power consumption is way higher than NMT)

Bro thanks for customizing the settings for my HTPC yesterday. Dami ako natutunan ah.
Happy to see those mkvs in my plasma. Amazing!
Bro balitaan mo ko dun sa Windows Media Center project natin ha. Patok talaga pag nadali mo!
anytime bro, ill prolly drop by at your place within the week, i never thought id be so busy yesterday, and today .. :D
gagawin ko nalang "how to update your PS3 firmware" yung topic ko para madali lang .. mwehehe
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline Nemesis91

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Oct 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM »
I visited the Consumer Electronics Live 2008 at SMX Mall of Asia last week.  The LG representatives said that they will be concentrating on LCD and would discontinue selling plasmas.  Do you guys have any confirmation on this?  I'm comfused since I see our favorite sellers introducing new LG plasma models.

Sir Voj,

Exclusive po tayo ng plasma ng LG, so all chain store will be selling lcd tvs only and I will be the one selling their plasma. ;)
plasma is stong in the states and Uk pag dating sa 42 up sizes. :)

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Oct 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM »
ok sir.thanks for asking my question.ganun na nga din naisip ko buti nalang u confirmed it. anyway pag isipan ko nalang if the diff in pic quality will be enough to buy a pch110 which is currently at 13k unit only. :'(

sulit sir popcorn, I've tried them all and i like this best. ;)

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: Oct 31, 2008 at 11:45 AM »
Lets say you DL an avi movie na 700MB.  That is less than 1/6 of the original DVD na 4.5GB or kung Dual Layer ay less than 1/11.  So just imagine the losses sa compression.   Even if you convert avi to DVD format, it won't even be as beautiful as an original DVD.   So kahit you take the next step and upscale the avi-to-DVD converted file using an upscaling DVD player, it won't be as stunning (PQ-wise) as a 720p or 1080p file that was ripped from an original BD or HD DVD source na betweeen 25GB to 50GB.

Para ring digital photo.  If you set your resolution soooo low, it will be a total crap if you blow it up kahit na ano pang enhancement ang gawin mo.  While if you take a shot at the highest resolution and later scale it down, maganda pa rin diba.

Mas malinaw pa nga ang 720p MKV compared to original DVD.  Yun nga lang illegal ang downloading (kahit anong format pa sya) so refrain from asking sensitive details about MKVs.  I'm simply answering your query about kung "ano mas maganda picture."

Malaki ang nilinaw ng MKV vs dvd. :)

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #614 on: Oct 31, 2008 at 11:55 AM »
All LG models for Sigapore and the same model as ours.

Visit this site:
http://sg.lge.com/proddivergent.do?categoryId=0101&modelCategoryId=&parentId=01

As of now no final price yet for these units, but I will do my best to make it more affordable. ;)

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #615 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 01:51 AM »
Hi Jeff.. Visited TW this evening... dami tao inside and outside your shop...

Saw the "new" LG 32 plasma :) same same :)

Inquiring about the Pana 42PV8 sana kaso busy staff mo :)

Saw TRANSFORMERS playing dun sa big screen area mo... ganda nag 50incher na ultra flat panel... (yung walang gap between the screen and frame)... am sure it way over my budget (pang pana 42pv8 lang po sana :) )

will just visit your other shop in Robinsons... :)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 05:18 AM »
Saw TRANSFORMERS playing dun sa big screen area mo... ganda nag 50incher na ultra flat panel... (yung walang gap between the screen and frame)... am sure it way over my budget (pang pana 42pv8 lang po sana :) )
hanapin mo junior sa robinson, bait yun, saya pa dun sa rob pioneer since solo mo yung buong shop ...  ;D ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #617 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 10:59 AM »

Kulang kasi tao namin sir, daming absent Vacation mode... hehehe. :D
42pv8 mern pa naman 53k pana phil. ;)

by the way what you saw was the 50py850, maganda talga yun. :)
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2008 at 11:01 AM by Nemesis91 »

Offline unintentinal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 04:24 PM »
LF:  LG 32" Plasma

Anybody wanting to upgrade to 42" pataas. im looking for a LG 3@" at a reasonable price. PM me nalang! thanks! :)

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 03:30 AM »
Kulang kasi tao namin sir, daming absent Vacation mode... hehehe. :D
42pv8 mern pa naman 53k pana phil. ;)

by the way what you saw was the 50py850, maganda talga yun. :)

All I can say is "HUUUWAW!!! Pana 50py850... tulo laway ko... special when I viewed the TRANSFORMERS BD... yung cllose up sa body ng CHICK while she was raising the hood of the yellow Mustang :)

Parang kaharap mo lang yung girl... as in LIFESIZE :) all you need to say is ... "miss, pa-kiss naman...  whehehehe"

Seriously considering the 42 plasma... :)

commercial muna... :) My LG 32 Plasma... (kalat mode :) )

Offline horng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #620 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 08:39 AM »
nice!!share some photo of playing blu-ray and dvd pls... ;)

Offline pan-doy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 10:18 AM »
Good day...

Mga bossing do u still hav stocks on the LG32 p pm nman...i made up my mind its LG against the world..heheheh b4 i was plannin on gettin the sam la32450 pro after reading the reviews go na tyo wit the flow

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 10:33 AM »
Good day...

Mga bossing do u still hav stocks on the LG32 p pm nman...i made up my mind its LG against the world..heheheh b4 i was plannin on gettin the sam la32450 pro after reading the reviews go na tyo wit the flow

sulit sobra bro! ;)

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 12:06 PM »
Mag LG ka na Mang PAN-DOY :)

Its like what Jeff said --- SUPER SOBRA  SULIT :)

Offline Ippo_Makounochi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 01:33 PM »
Hi Sir Jeff may balita na ba tayo sa mga bagong LG plasma?:) How much po? Thanks!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 08:02 AM »
if i have one right now .. id gladly demo this for you guys!

PS3 gaming
bluray movie viewing
mkv movie viewing
dvd movie viewing
catv viewing
regular tv viewing (my rabbit antena was way better than my cable tv *destiny cable sucks big time!*)  >:( >:(

ninjababez online ..

Offline horng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 08:36 AM »
if i have one right now .. id gladly demo this for you guys!

PS3 gaming
bluray movie viewing
mkv movie viewing
dvd movie viewing
catv viewing
regular tv viewing (my rabbit antena was way better than my cable tv *destiny cable sucks big time!*)  >:( >:(

i wish u have one right now!! ;D

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 01:06 PM »
Hi Sir Jeff may balita na ba tayo sa mga bagong LG plasma?:) How much po? Thanks!

Yung 42 and 50 inch next week dito na. 32 is now available for demo at Trinoma TW ;)

Offline cnn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 01:35 PM »
Yung 42 and 50 inch next week dito na. 32 is now available for demo at Trinoma TW ;)

Jeff... PM naman LG 42 inch Plamsa price pag meron na...

ty

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 01:36 PM »
Jeff... PM naman LG 42 inch Plamsa price pag meron na...

ty

before the week ends final ko price w/LG phil. ;) Are you going for 42 inch na? :)