Author Topic: Multiple screen display  (Read 1406 times)

Offline dannybe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Multiple screen display
« on: Oct 02, 2009 at 09:50 AM »
Is there anyone here who can help me set up a multiple flat screen display.  Its to be use mostly for advertising purposes.  Lets say i have a wall that can fit 9 42"screens.  What should i do to be able to integrate all the screens to show a single video?  Suggestions and/or comments please.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Re: Multiple screen display
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2009 at 10:33 AM »
Is there anyone here who can help me set up a multiple flat screen display.  Its to be use mostly for advertising purposes.  Lets say i have a wall that can fit 9 42"screens.  What should i do to be able to integrate all the screens to show a single video?  Suggestions and/or comments please.

You need to buy a video/monitor splitter with the right type of ports (VGA, HDMI, RGB, Component, S-Video, etc.) to suit your TVs.  Buy a splitter or multi-splitters with as many outputs as your TVs.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2009 at 12:39 PM »
I dont know why you would like to do that, is it for a fashion show or something? Or a commercial display? Its just not nice to see those black bars in between the pics obstructing the picture. But if you insists on doing that instead of a projector then yeah you need a video splitter that can accomodate the no. of plasmas you intend to put up. Then feed them to a computer where the software (OS or third party) will configure it for you any way you please it to be shown.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline digisigninc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2009 at 12:53 PM »
i guess this would be for a mall commercial display.  what software can we use for this application?  And where can we get those splitters? 

what are your recommendations for cost effective flat screens.  no need for TV tuner or Audio or HD.

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2009 at 10:06 PM »
i guess this would be for a mall commercial display.  what software can we use for this application?  And where can we get those splitters? 

what are your recommendations for cost effective flat screens.  no need for TV tuner or Audio or HD.

I think PDVD sellers can help you.  You can also try SGT home theater.  They had some Panasonic panels without Tuners that were cheaper than the usual flat panels.  Saw them when I went to their showroom a few months back. 

Offline digisigninc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2009 at 09:56 PM »
any further suggestions?

Offline digisigninc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 07:16 AM »
I dont need the tuner or speakers, which panels have the thinnest bezels / borders?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 07:54 AM »
I dont need the tuner or speakers, which panels have the thinnest bezels / borders?

Questions:

1.  What size do you have in mind?  

2.  What's the relevance of having thin bezels?  Aesthetics?   Cool factor?  That might go against your search for cost effective flats.   I recall in the past how heavy and fat CRTs were used in multi-screen apps.

Do note that professional level monitors for commercial apps can be more expensive than ordinary HDTVs.  
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2009 at 08:34 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline digisigninc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:33 AM »
sizes would be from 32-42".  doesnt have to be HDTV or professional level.  he thinner the bezel/border, the more seamless the video wall will look.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:39 AM »
Then there's nothing cheaper than that sub 20K Panasonic 32-inch entry level HDTV at the moment.

Offline digisigninc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:43 AM »
thanks.  Where can we get the panny's from?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 09:01 AM »
thanks.  Where can we get the panny's from?

A lot of members have already purchased that particular Panasonic from various big stores (acquisition price ranging from 19.5K to 22.5K I think).  The member Ditoy just got one from Western Greenhills over the weekend.  Stocks are allegedly hard to find due to its low price. So just try to get in touch with the big stores and try to back-order as many units as you need.  Or maybe the resident sellers can find you the same Panasonic model through their channel.