Author Topic: Panasonic DMP-BD50 Pricing and Features  (Read 5905 times)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Panasonic DMP-BD50 Pricing and Features
« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2008 at 09:46 AM »
It makes sense Sir oreOsHaKe. Will just plan on changes later on...whether it be a new AVR or what...BD player muna since I just got the LCD.
HDMI to the TV of course. I'm happy pa naman with the AVR8500.
Appreciate your input.

I suggest you get the BD-30. This will give you a hi-def picture.

Later, you can upgrade your AVR. AVR technology is moving very rapidly and the newer ones are much better. If you are on a budget, you can get one of the newer Onkyo models (like the 606) which already has Audyssey Dynamic EQ built-in. You will also be able to decode hi-def audio in the AVR through an HDMI cable connection.

This way, you first get a hi-def picture. Later, you have hi-def audio and hi-tech room correction from Audyssey.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #31 on: Jul 11, 2008 at 09:55 AM »

Later, you can upgrade your AVR. AVR technology is moving very rapidly and the newer ones are much better. If you are on a budget, you can get one of the newer Onkyo models (like the 606) which already has Audyssey Dynamic EQ built-in. You will also be able to decode hi-def audio in the AVR through an HDMI cable connection.

This way, you first get a hi-def picture. Later, you have hi-def audio and hi-tech room correction from Audyssey.

I'll keep this in mind Streetsmart. Yup. I'll zero in on the PQ first.
Then go for hi-def audio.
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2008 at 01:18 AM »

Got my BD30 streetsmart. Thanks for the advise.
I will probably hold off on the AVR...building a new house later part of the year with dedicated HT.
I'm sure there will be plenty more changes by the time the house gets constructed.

Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.