Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-100  (Read 76939 times)

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Popcorn Hour A-100
« Reply #330 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 02:07 PM »
I am quickly finding answers in the NMT website kaya lang kakatakot isipin na widespread and andaming issues pala ng popcorn :D.  Bro Dan, when I initially received and ran my unit, I updated the firmware online. Pag ganun ba, latest firmware kaagad papasok dun.  Successful naman update ko eh.  Is there anyway of reverting back to the old firmware kung hindi ok yung update? Or is the reversion to factory settings enough(hindi ko pa ginagawa).

Parang ayoko nang gamitin built in torrent downloader.  Ang hirap i reset kasi hard booting dapat.  Hay!! ;D

Thanks

ALA EH!!

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #331 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 02:13 PM »
I am quickly finding answers in the NMT website kaya lang kakatakot isipin na widespread and andaming issues pala ng popcorn :D.  Bro Dan, when I initially received and ran my unit, I updated the firmware online. Pag ganun ba, latest firmware kaagad papasok dun.  Successful naman update ko eh.  Is there anyway of reverting back to the old firmware kung hindi ok yung update? Or is the reversion to factory settings enough(hindi ko pa ginagawa).

Parang ayoko nang gamitin built in torrent downloader.  Ang hirap i reset kasi hard booting dapat.  Hay!! ;D

Thanks

Yes the latest firmware agad yun once you update online. I'm not sure kung pwede i-revert sa older firmware and I don't think its a wise move because the latest fw has a lot of fixed issues. When was the last time you updated it?

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 02:31 PM »
About 2 hrs after I powered and used the unit. :D Cge, tnx. basa and research muna ako, he he. Kala ko talaga plug and play.  plug and pray ata eh ;D
ALA EH!!

Offline danrd

• DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 03:16 PM »
About 2 hrs after I powered and used the unit. :D Cge, tnx. basa and research muna ako, he he. Kala ko talaga plug and play.  plug and pray ata eh ;D

Owning a PCH isn't actually as easy as owning a dvd player. You need a little knowledge in pc troubleshooting to enjoy it. Well at least for now. I'm sure this will be user friendly in the near future.  :)

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 05:05 PM »
It's note behaving as it should, he he.  Anyway, me solution namin cguro in the near future. 
ALA EH!!

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 09:53 AM »
I removed the internal 500G last night and everything went well with the unit.  Hindi na sya nawawalan video.  Pwede ba torrent downloading pa rin even without an internal hd, say via USB
ALA EH!!

Offline Javoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:32 AM »
I removed the internal 500G last night and everything went well with the unit.  Hindi na sya nawawalan video.  Pwede ba torrent downloading pa rin even without an internal hd, say via USB

Don't think it will work.  The NMT applications (including the torrent application) can only be installed/run from the internal HD.   

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Sep 12, 2008 at 09:18 AM »
HDX 1000 is proclaimed as the best value NMT by MPCClub  :) http://www.mpcclub.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=669
serious competition is brewing among the NMTs ;D

Offline jcarlo83

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 01:52 AM »
noob question po: does PCH detect both ntfs and fat32 file systems? my dvd player cant read my hdd since the player only detects fat16/32  :)

Offline penguin230

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 06:45 AM »
yup it can, afaik read and write for fat32, read lang for ntfs. :)

Offline jcarlo83

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 11:15 AM »
oh, so if the hdd i used for pch is NTFS, i cannot use it for torrent download in pch? :(

I withheld my purchase of pch since I can play high hef movies in ps3 by converting the movie to mt2s then burning it into a dvd. Then after buying an external hdd and converting it to ntfs (stupid fat32 cant accept files greater than 4gb), I just realized that ps3 does not detect ntfs. bummer. :( now i really would be buying the new version of pch

Offline [joms]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #341 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM »
from my readings, i believe pch can read both fat and ntfs.

If you format your HD using FAT/NTFS:
a) Your windows PC will detect your HD instantly - advantage
b) You cannot use the torrent capability of PCH - disadvantage

If you format your HD using PCH (linux):
a) Your windows PC will detect your HD after installing some drivers - disadvantage (but not that much of a big deal)
b) You CAN use the torrent capability of PCH - advantage

Im not sure what else ang mga disadvantage/advantage....
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Offline penguin230

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 03:00 PM »
oh, so if the hdd i used for pch is NTFS, i cannot use it for torrent download in pch? :(

for torrent downloading, i dont know if you can use an external hd for this kasi you would need to install the applications etc which requires an internal hd installed. for the internal hd, the pch would format it first, and the pch uses either ext2/3 (linux) file system. pch does not use ntfs/fat32 for its internal hd. 

yung read/write disadvantage lang if pch-a100 (w/o usb slave) is you cant copy files from pch to an external hd with ntfs file system. for fat32 pwede, pero there is a 4gb max file size ceiling, you cant copy files over 4gb into a fat32. which is a problem because almost all hd mkvs are above 4gb in size.

- jb
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2008 at 03:00 PM by penguin230 »

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #343 on: Sep 23, 2008 at 08:49 AM »
my popcorn a-100 new fan.

super silent kahit connected sa 12v, you won't hear the buzzing sound 2 ft away. mas quiet pa talaga kung 5v kaso after 1 movie warm to hot pa rin ang heatsink.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #344 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 05:30 PM »
my popcorn a-100 new fan.

super silent kahit connected sa 12v, you won't hear the buzzing sound 2 ft away. mas quiet pa talaga kung 5v kaso after 1 movie warm to hot pa rin ang heatsink.

nice.  ;D

does the cover go back without problem? and where did you buy the fan? tia!

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 06:12 PM »
anyone using the torrent downloading feature of pch?  i would appreciate if you could point me to a tutorial links. thanks. :)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #346 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 06:19 PM »
nice.  ;D

does the cover go back without problem? and where did you buy the fan? tia!

yes, there's just a little gap left below the top cover. the fan is blowing air to the heatsink. a friend bought this in bangkok. cost is about 200 pesos each. bought 2 para may back-up ;D

Offline Javoy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 08:10 PM »
anyone using the torrent downloading feature of pch?  i would appreciate if you could point me to a tutorial links. thanks. :)

hi milken, you can read through the exchanges under the egreat topic - http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=80632.90

The latest firmware upgrade (Aug 2008) introduced the Clutch transmission client which is accessible only via a separate PC and not via the PCH device.  Just go to http://<nmt ip address>:8077 and login as user id 'nmt', password '1234'.  You can then add torrents for download by uploading the .torrent files to the PCH.

I have upgraded my PCH torrent client to transmission ver 1.32 but am still not that satisfied with the performance so I am now back downloading via the mac.  It's still faster and easier to manage.

Hope this helps!

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2008 at 08:19 PM by Javoy »

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM »
Thanks Javoy for the link.  I've successfully downloaded a file using the old client.  I can't seem to access the new client in my browser.  Anyway, I'll try to figure out what went wrong...  You're right... the client in NMT is plain and not as manageable as say utorrent.  :-[

Offline shibby75

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 09:48 PM »

Just bought my popcorn from Ehome. I'm very satisfied with the Video performance. I have a HD  movie (Stargate: Ark of truth) that wont play on my HTPC, transferred it to the PCH and it played smoothly. The PCH running it for 5 days now and uses it for simultaneous torrent download and HD viewing.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 09:52 PM »

Just bought my popcorn from Ehome. I'm very satisfied with the Video performance. I have a HD  movie (Stargate: Ark of truth) that wont play on my HTPC, transferred it to the PCH and it played smoothly. The PCH running it for 5 days now and uses it for simultaneous torrent download and HD viewing.

congrats on your new toy!  ;D btw, don't forget to upgrade to the latest firmware. it fixes some of the problematic mkv file playing issues. so its more stable!  :)

Offline shibby75

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM »

The staff has already upgraded the firmware. Princess was actually encouraging me to buy the newer Egreat unit, but i need the a-100 since it is the only NMT that has a Digital coaxial out. My Audio receiver does not support  the SPDIF interface.

Offline jrcrunch

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 12:03 PM »
hows the DL speed of PCH's torrent client? my egreat is so slow

Offline shibby75

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 01:49 PM »
hows the DL speed of PCH's torrent client? my egreat is so slow

My PCH torrent speed is almost the same with my pc. I just plugged in the PCH, entered a Manual IP and started downloading. The problem is with the broken and missing torrent links when i reset the unit. It's either the PCH will create a duplicate torrent download or the link will suddenly disappear. When you try to re-enter the link, the PCH will inform you that the torrent is already being downloaded. This is very frustrating  when you have a 95% completed link.

But I have found a way around this BUG.  :D

Offline jrcrunch

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 02:15 PM »
is there sa way to do it? like port-forwarding? what is your isp bro? dsl or cable?

mine used to DL 40kbps now 15-20kbps.

Offline shibby75

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 03:53 PM »

Bayantel Basic DSL connection ko, Usually pag Office hour 40kbps then pag Off peak na nasa 70-90kbps ang DL speed ko.

Tried with port forwarding and NO port forwarding, same result lang.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #356 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 04:20 PM »
Has anyone tried attaching external drive to playback dvd discs?

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #357 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 04:32 PM »

musta na bro? :-)

you mean, attach an external SATA enclosure that has a DVD / HDDVD or BLURAY drive instead of a hard drive right?

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 04:35 PM »

yes pwede :)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 04:40 PM »
yes pwede :)

galing...

so mkvs, isos and other files will play without stutter from a drive?