Author Topic: Limited Edition & Collectible HD/Blu rays  (Read 105103 times)

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Limited Edition & Collectible HD/Blu rays
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2010 at 09:25 PM »
^^     Cool awesome steels!!

Congratulations on the German Iron Man, it's very rare.   ;)

I still prefer the Future Shop Iron Man

Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2010 at 01:53 PM »
^ well yes, I agree with you.  I prefer the FS Canada Iron Man too over the German one.  But the German Iron Man is also nice, quite expensive nowadays and hard to come by.  So I was just complimenting sir ThePatriot's acquisition.  Just giving credit where credit is due.   ;)

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2010 at 12:08 AM »
My Avatar UK Steelbook finally turned up today. Dumped the DVD and swapped the 2 disc frame for the 1 disc frame from my 2012 Future Shop Steelbook.

My modified 2012 FS.

Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM »
^ well yes, I agree with you.  I prefer the FS Canada Iron Man too over the German one.  But the German Iron Man is also nice, quite expensive nowadays and hard to come by.  So I was just complimenting sir ThePatriot's acquisition.  Just giving credit where credit is due.   ;)

+1 on that. I would like to hear the dtsHDMA 5.1 sound track on IM. Not a huge fan of Dolby Truehd 5.1

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2010 at 10:17 AM »
My Avatar UK Steelbook finally turned up today. Dumped the DVD and swapped the 2 disc frame for the 1 disc frame from my 2012 Future Shop Steelbook.

Oh good, your Avatar finally showed up.  Did yours have paint rubbing off at the corners too?  Mine did.  Plastic was torn at the corners due to the book strapped at the back and very poor packaging on the part of amazon.  >:(   No dents though, luckily.  Still no sign of the China Iron Pack?

Anyway, just out of curiosity, how do you do it?  Change frames I mean.  Not that I have plans of doing it.  Too scared... I might damage the steel.  I am just curious.  Is that quite easy to do?  Do you just forcefully pry the plastic off the steel?  Are there special tools or materials needed for that?  ???

Congratulations on your FS Iron Man btw.  I believe that's the second most-sought after BD steel (John Rambo uncut by amazon de being the first).  I don't think I will ever get the chance to own either one.  They're just too expensive for me.  :-\

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2010 at 01:50 PM »
Changing the frames is very simple. The front and back panels come off easily. You need boiling soapy water to loosen the spine tho. Mine arrived with no torn plastic or rubbed paint. Luckily. Still waiting for Chinese Iron Pack tho. My Saving Private Ryan shipped yesterday as well.
BTW here is a photo tutorial I did for replacing Steelbook frames. Maybe it will convince you to try sometime. Maybe on a Jumbo.
http://thadump.net/sbhunterz/index.php?topic=3733.100

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2010 at 02:13 PM »
^ wow.. that was quite a tutorial you got there.   I see your title steelbook surgeon is indeed well-earned.  ;D  All my toes were curled up as I was looking at the step by step pics..  So, I think I'm gonna follow snaus and just have whatever steelbook I want slimlined or reframed sent over to you in Cebu.   ;D  ;D

Yep, my SPR shipped the other day as well.   Have you seen the actual pics?   No embossing/debossing and I am really disappointed about its lack of inside artwork.  :-\

Hope your Avatar IronPack turns up pretty soon.  :)

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2010 at 03:28 PM »
If you have any Jumbo's you want to slim down let me know.

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2010 at 10:36 AM »
If you have any Jumbo's you want to slim down let me know.

I sure will.  Thanks a lot!  :)

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: May 26, 2010 at 07:04 PM »
Got this today, too bad its all smashed up (scratched front, dented back and broken plastic frame)

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2010 at 09:10 PM »
My latest BD steels:

Inglourious Basterds (Germany), Saving Private Ryan (Germany), and Minority Report (UK)

The blue FSK logos are just stickers and can be removed.   ;D

Minority Report

Inglourious Basterds

Saving Private Ryan

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM »
Is the artwork on SPR printed directly onto the Steelbook or is it a peel-able label. The reason I ask is that an online friend is going to design a label for SPR. Similar to the one on the SB except the title and spine will be in English.

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2010 at 09:15 AM »
Is the artwork on SPR printed directly onto the Steelbook or is it a peel-able label. The reason I ask is that an online friend is going to design a label for SPR. Similar to the one on the SB except the title and spine will be in English.

It's printed directly on the SteelBook.   That'll be cool! - title and spine in English... but will it work if the original design is printed directly on the steel?

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM »
This guy is a genius. He can design a sort of frame for the pic. Make it 3D looking. He designed the spines for my "slimmed down" Monsters Inc and Up + my Snow White Spine.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010 at 12:47 AM by Blu-devil »

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2010 at 07:21 PM »
^ Yes, I've seen your slimmed down Up and Snow White spine.  He did a pretty nice design job there.  ;)  Well, good luck on the SPR labels, that'll surely make your SPR quite unique.  :)

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #315 on: May 29, 2010 at 02:28 PM »

+1 on that. I would like to hear the dtsHDMA 5.1 sound track on IM. Not a huge fan of Dolby Truehd 5.1

my FS copy will be arriving soon... 8)

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: May 29, 2010 at 02:32 PM »
It's printed directly on the SteelBook.   That'll be cool! - title and spine in English... but will it work if the original design is printed directly on the steel?

nice SBs mate 8) my SPRs haven't arrived yet... :(
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010 at 02:33 PM by ThePatriot »

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM »
my latest steels  :)

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM »
nice SBs mate 8) my SPRs haven't arrived yet... :(

Thanks!  I haven't viewed my SPRs yet.. been meaning to see if it is indeed the corrected version.  :)

my FS copy will be arriving soon... 8)

Congratulations on your FS Iron Man and your newly acquired steels!

Btw, I was thinking of getting Pandorum Müller exclusive as well but I heard it's locked to Region B?  Can you confirm this?

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2010 at 11:44 AM »
Nice steelbook hauls coffeetiger!
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2010 at 11:56 AM »
my latest steels  :)

Holy Smoke...congrat Patriot! That's a nice Steelbook collection purchase & an expensive set!  :o

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2010 at 05:42 PM »
Nice steelbook hauls coffeetiger!

maraming salamat sir ditoy!   ;)

@ ThePatriot, follow up question regarding Pandorum... is it a debossed/embossed steelbook?  There were some reports that said it's a debossed/embossed steel, others say there is no embossing/debossing.  I couldn't tell from the pics I saw, kinda hard to distinguish...  :-\

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2010 at 09:12 PM »
maraming salamat sir ditoy!   ;)

@ ThePatriot, follow up question regarding Pandorum... is it a debossed/embossed steelbook?  There were some reports that said it's a debossed/embossed steel, others say there is no embossing/debossing.  I couldn't tell from the pics I saw, kinda hard to distinguish...  :-\

bro, sorry for the late reply, just got home from office :) it says 2 (landercode) at the back [region B i think]. Not embossed/debossed, just plain print like SPR... :) paranormal activity is also region B pero embossed yung print... :)

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2010 at 09:17 PM »
Holy Smoke...congrat Patriot! That's a nice Steelbook collection purchase & an expensive set!  :o

hi paul! thanks, musta na? long time no chat :) expensive talaga tong hobby natin :(

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Jun 01, 2010 at 08:51 AM »
bro, sorry for the late reply, just got home from office :) it says 2 (landercode) at the back [region B i think]. Not embossed/debossed, just plain print like SPR... :) paranormal activity is also region B pero embossed yung print... :)

I see... thanks for the reply!  Pass muna ako, will just get the region A regular.   ;D

Yes, I've seen some pics of the Paranormal Aussie steel.  Embossed nga daw..looks nice!  The movie scares the bejeezus out of me.  lol  will try to get me a copy if the price is not so bad.   :D

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Jun 01, 2010 at 10:20 PM »
My copies of Minority Report (replacement) and Battlestar Galactica: The Plan Steelbooks were shipped from Amazon.uk this afternoon.
Still waiting for Saving Private Ryan and Sherlock Holmes Steelbooks from Amazon.de.
Avatar Iron Pack from Amazon.cn still hasn't arrived after 37 days.

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Jun 02, 2010 at 10:52 AM »
My copies of Minority Report (replacement) and Battlestar Galactica: The Plan Steelbooks were shipped from Amazon.uk this afternoon.
Still waiting for Saving Private Ryan and Sherlock Holmes Steelbooks from Amazon.de.
Avatar Iron Pack from Amazon.cn still hasn't arrived after 37 days.

Oh man... 37 days!?  That's a mighty long time.  Is that like normal with amazon china?  I bet the pony express is even faster! LOL   Are they gonna send replacements?

My Sherlock Holmes arrived in the mail today.  Been very lucky lately with Amazon.de.  This is my third straight order with very fast shipping and items in perfect condition (though of course, they are still using that crappy wrap around cardboard  >:()

Sherlock Holmes BD SteelBook (Germany)

The Sherlock Holmes BD steel comes with a transparent slipcase.  The green FSK logo is printed on the transparent slip, not on the case itself.

Don't want to open it yet... will post pics of slip, inside art, and actual back art once I open it.   ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2010 at 11:06 AM by coffeetiger »

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Jun 09, 2010 at 07:51 PM »
This is how a Blu-ray Steelbook should look. Great artwork on front and back, great interior artwork and no age classification logos (except on sleeve) This is the perfect example of how a Steelbook SHOULD be packaged.

Speaking of Steelbooks managed to order SPR again. Hopefully this one won't arrived all buggered up.

Offline coffeetiger

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 04:06 PM »
^ There's another one coming - Kampf der Titanen AKA Clash of the Titans (Germany) - will come with a slipcase.  No artwork yet but I'm guessing this will be similar to the Sherlock Holmes steel - logo on the slip, nice front/back art design as well as interior art.  Downside to this one is... the foreign title. ::)  wish it were in English.

Good to know you were able to re-order SPR.  Hopefully, this time, they arrive mint.  :)

Offline Blu-devil

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Jun 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM »
^ There's another one coming - Kampf der Titanen AKA Clash of the Titans (Germany) - will come with a slipcase.  No artwork yet but I'm guessing this will be similar to the Sherlock Holmes steel - logo on the slip, nice front/back art design as well as interior art.  Downside to this one is... the foreign title. ::)  wish it were in English.

Good to know you were able to re-order SPR.  Hopefully, this time, they arrive mint.  :)

Thats the reason I ordered the Futureshop edition. Can't stomach foreign text on an Western Movie, a Chinese title on a Chinese movie is good (in fact it's preferable) but for Clash Of The Titans I want Clash Of The Titans and not Kampf Der Titanen. That's just wrong.