Author Topic: Jurassic Park Trilogy: The Ultimate Edition (4 Disc Set)  (Read 5754 times)

Offline obsi

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jurassic Park Trilogy: The Ultimate Edition (4 Disc Set)
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 11:17 AM »
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.  Saw this 4 disc set at the Astro Podium sale over the weekend at P999 or so (if my eyes weren't decieving me).  If I'm not mistaken, there are also individually packaged R3 budget versions of all the 3 films locally.  I'm curious if this 4 disc set contains the full versions, or just merely the budget versions.  I've seen the individually packaged full version R3 JP2 and JP3 in the past, but never JP1, did they ever release it locally? TIA
"All Your BASS Are Belong To Us..."

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 11:39 AM »
While I have not seen the 'new' boxed set, Magnavision new budget discs are all DVD9s, albeit they might be locally minted.  As DVD9s, they carry over all the features of their imported counterparts.  Again, this is based on experience as I have not seen it.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 11:52 AM »
the jp1 r3 was released here in 2000 cause my niece has a copy.  ganda nga cover dahil para siya  gold holofoil.  the disc is similar to the one in the jurassic park adventure pack r1 release.

Offline marvel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 12:19 PM »
I got a copy of the trilogy at Astroplus Podium last week, it's similar to the R1 release so I guess it's imported.

The packaging is not as I've expected but I can deal with it since I'm after the content anyway.

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 01:27 PM »
the jp1 r3 was released here in 2000 cause my niece has a copy.  ganda nga cover dahil para siya  gold holofoil.  the disc is similar to the one in the jurassic park adventure pack r1 release.

Similarly, JP2 R3 was released with a metallic silver cover years ago.

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #35 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 06:30 PM »
yep i recall the first two were released in anticipation for jp3 at the time.  the jp3 release is an altogether different story.

Offline obsi

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Looking for a solution. I bought this set at Podium Sale last month for P1500. Jurassic 1 & 2 are okay. Come Jurassic 3, I could not turn OFF the asian subtitles. You are forced to use one asian subtitle. I could not turn it OFF from the DVD set-up menu. I could not turn it OFF using my DVD remote control. What gives? Anybody encounter this? My solution was to cover the lower portion of my monitor to block out the subtitles. really s_cks!!!

I experienced the same problem with JP3, when played it takes you directly to the subtitles menu in which there is no option to turn off the subs.  After fiddling around with the remote while watching, I was finally able to play it without the annoying subtitles.  While watching the movie,  I had to press stop twice, then press menu, then play movie.  Voila!   HTH ;)  BTW, no DTS on any of the discs.  Also, I compared the JP2 of this set with my old R3 JP2 CE and they are exactly the same content, but the label print (latter being better) and inner rim print (former says the title and Technicolor) on the discs themselves were different.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2008 at 09:20 AM by obsi »
"All Your BASS Are Belong To Us..."

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #37 on: Jun 03, 2008 at 05:01 AM »
Just got this for 999. Still no leaflet thought despite the obvious insert pocket. Oh well.....
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!