Author Topic: help lang po, whats the difference between dvd-audio, dts-audio cd, sacd?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline mercury724

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Ask 1 2 b 1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
mga gurus, pwede explain naman.. what is the difference between the DVD-audio, DTS-Audiocd, Sacd?
all i know is that SACDs are in cd format, DVD-a is in dvd format... pero anu ba pinagkaiba nila in terms of sound quality? does sacd also have multi channel audio? ??? :)
Me U Cnt P@ss

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
mga gurus, pwede explain naman.. what is the difference between the DVD-audio, DTS-Audiocd, Sacd?
all i know is that SACDs are in cd format, DVD-a is in dvd format... pero anu ba pinagkaiba nila in terms of sound quality? does sacd also have multi channel audio? ??? :)

they are all multi channel audio formats. yun lang nga it never really catch on, people still prefer 2 channel audio (stereo).

there is also 2 channel sacd and they even have a hybrid sacd which features both 2 channel and multi channel audio of the same materials.

they say sacd sounds better than dvd audio. although now, if you look at some players, it can play both formats already. the pioneer dv 400 and dv 600 can both play sacd and dvd-audio, although the dv 400 can only output the materials in 2 channel and multi channel for the dv 600.

Offline mercury724

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Ask 1 2 b 1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
many thanks for the info sir.
Me U Cnt P@ss

Offline karce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked: