Author Topic: Six Feet Under: The Complete Series  (Read 1711 times)

Offline benny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Six Feet Under: The Complete Series
« on: Nov 22, 2002 at 07:17 AM »
After a great deal of waiting, Six Feet Under fans are finally going to be rewarded with a DVD set of the complete first season on February 4, 2003, reports DVDFile.com. The set, announced in an official press release from HBO, will contain four discs, presented in 4.0 full-screen format (the way it was filmed), with 2.0 surround sound. Extras include audio commentaries on Six Feet Under (Pilot) and Knock, Knock, a deleted scene, a featurette on the making of the opening credit sequence, and interviews with the cast and crew. The set has a suggested retail price of $99.95.
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2006 at 11:36 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline benny

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:Six Feet Under disc details
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2002 at 07:35 AM »
Preorder from Amazon:

Six Feet Under - The Complete First Season  $74.99 (25%). Feb 04.

Press release:

Six Feet Under: The Complete First Season

Winner Of Six Emmy Awards® And The Golden Globe For Best Television Series-Drama, Six Feet Under Hits Stores On Video And DVD, February 4, 2003

Additional DVD Content Includes "Behind The Scenes" Interviews With Cast And Creator Alan Ball, Audio Commentaries Of A Deleted Scene And Two Episodes Delivered By Alan Ball, A "Making Of" Featurette Of The Show's Opening Sequence, Audio Tracks And More

New York, NY November 21, 2002 - Their family is in the business of death. They're not The Sopranos, they're the Fishers and their business isn't waste management, its grief management. HBO's latest dysfunctional family owns and operates an independent funeral home in Los Angeles and on February 4, consumers nationwide can get a close look at the morbidly funny, sometimes disturbing drama about their lives when Six Feet Under makes its video store debut.

Featuring 13 hour-long episodes and buried in DVD extras, Six Feet Under: The Complete First Season will be available in a four disc, DVD collection for the suggested retail price of $99.98 SRP and a five volume, VHS collection for the suggested retail price of $99.92 SRP. (Runtime: 840 minutes, Not Rated)

"One of the best shows on television," (New York Times) Six Feet Under won six Emmy Awards® at this year's ceremony, including the award for Directing for a Drama Series (Alan Ball). The show also received two Golden Globe Awards for Best Television Series-Drama and Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series (Rachel Griffiths).

A "funny, warm, offbeat" (Newsweek) and "addictive" (Wall Street Journal) drama series, Six Feet Under is so "compelling" that "missing an episode becomes unimaginable" (Washington Post).

Additional DVD Content Six Feet Under: The Complete First Season on DVD is presented in 5.1 Dolby surround sound and features bonus materials exclusive to the DVD release. Extras include "Behind the Scenes" interviews with cast members Michael C. Hall, Lauren Ambrose, Rachel Griffiths, Freddy Rodriquez, Matthew ST. Patrick and series creator, writer and director Alan Ball. The DVD set also features audio commentaries of one deleted scene and two episodes delivered by Alan Ball. Additional features include a "Making Of" featurette about the creation of the series' Emmy Award® winning opening sequence, music tracks, cast and filmmaker bios and more. Marketing and Advertising

Synopsis: Using dramatic irony and dark, situational humor, Six Feet Under approaches the subject of death though the eyes of the Fisher family, who own and operate Fisher & Sons

Funeral Home in Los Angeles. Patriarch Nathaniel Fisher is played by Richard Jenkins ("Me, Myself & Irene"); matriarch Ruth is played by Frances Conroy (Tony nominee for The Ride Down Mt. Morgan); son Nate is played by Peter Krause (Sports Night); son David is played by Michael Hall (Broadway's Cabaret); and their sister Claire is played by Lauren Ambrose (Can't Hardly Wait). Older brother Nate returns home for Christmas in the company of new friend Brenda, played by Rachel Griffiths (Best Supporting Actress Academy Award® nominee for Hilary and Jackie), whose own dysfunctional family runs a close second to his. Other cast members include Freddy Rodriguez (HBO Films' For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story) and Mathew ST. Patrick (All My Children). Program Information

Miguel Arteta (Chuck & Buck), Kathy Bates (director, HBO's Oz; Best Actress Academy Award® winner for 1990's Misery), Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), Allen Coulter (HBO's The Sopranos), Michael Engler (HBO's Sex and the City), Rodrigo García (Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her), Jim McBride (The Big Easy, Breathless) and John Patterson (HBO's The Sopranos) are among the directors. Writers include Laurence Andries, Alan Ball, Rick Cleveland, Bruce Eric Kaplan, Kate Robin, Christian Taylor and Christian Williams.

Six Feet Under is a production of The Greenblatt Janollari Studio; executive produced by Alan Ball, Robert Greenblatt and David Janollari; co-executive producers, Alan Poul and Christian Williams; supervising producer, Bruce Eric Kaplan; producers, Laurence Andries, Rick Cleveland and Christian Taylor.

Official Site
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2002 at 07:45 AM by benny »

Offline benny

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:Six Feet Under disc details
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2004 at 03:15 AM »
Thanks to dvdanswers:

Title: Six Feet Under
Starring: Richard Jenkins
Released: 8th June 2004
SRP: $99.99

Further Details
Warner have kindly sent over details on the second season of Six Feet Under which stars Richard Jenkins, Frances Conroy and Freddy Rodriguez. This five disc package will be available to own from the 8th June this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $99.99. I'm afraid the official artwork has yet to be released, but we'll bring you that shortly. For now though, here are the specs:

4:3 Full Frame Presentations
 English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
 French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
 Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Track
 Five Commentaries with Alan Ball, Writers & Directors
 Episode Previews & Season One Recap
 Featurette on the Final Two Episodes
 English, French and Spanish Subtitles
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2004 at 03:18 AM by benny »

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
Re:Six Feet Under - Season 1 and 2
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 01:06 PM »
$99.99??????????

ouch.
Quo vadis?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re:Six Feet Under - Season 1 and 2
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 10:34 AM »
Here's the cover art. Looks like it was designed to match the oversized cardboard box of the first season:

Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Six Feet Under: The Complete Series
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 11:35 AM »
I love the packaging for Six Feet Under: The Complete Series:

This is the most literal packaging I've ever seen!  ;D

Among the additional features not available in the individual season sets is "The Book of Obituaries," which features the obituaries for all main characters of the show, and two soundtrack CDs.

Six Feet Under: The Complete Series is scheduled for release, quite appropriately, on Halloween 2006.

SRP: $279.99  :o

(Actually rather cheap for an R1 of this title, since currently, Amazon is selling the complete 5 seasons WITHOUT the new bonus material/CDs/unique packaging for a whopping $448.99!)
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2006 at 11:36 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Re: Six Feet Under: The Complete Series
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 04:53 PM »
I have been anticipating this release since I missed the last three seasons. Actually, I was expecting it to be in a coffin-like box. This is even cooler! I might get this early next year, after the extended edition / ultimate edition onslought (King Kong, Narnia, Superman, Rodgers & Hammerstein, Forbidden Planet) of November is over!

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 04:22 PM »
59% OFF

now only $114.99  ;)  limited time only

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 09:58 PM »
I love the packaging for Six Feet Under: The Complete Series:

This is the most literal packaging I've ever seen!  ;D

Among the additional features not available in the individual season sets is "The Book of Obituaries," which features the obituaries for all main characters of the show, and two soundtrack CDs.

Six Feet Under: The Complete Series is scheduled for release, quite appropriately, on Halloween 2006.

SRP: $279.99  :o

(Actually rather cheap for an R1 of this title, since currently, Amazon is selling the complete 5 seasons WITHOUT the new bonus material/CDs/unique packaging for a whopping $448.99!)

Cool!  ;D