Author Topic: lifes simple joys reopening soon  (Read 52994 times)

Offline kefq

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • DVD Guru
  • Ethical Hacker
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: lifes simple joys (finally finished)
« Reply #510 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 04:55 PM »
wala na problema sa cart. i have found gold in the philippines sabi nga ni segal

grado gold na ba yan simon  :) congrats

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #511 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 09:42 PM »
Yes brother nakatisod lang sa tabi tabi

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 06:06 PM »
home theater set up

onkyo 606
radia x1 and x3
a audio 6.5 (surrounds) and 10 inch woofer
ecosse speaker cable
sony bdp 360
logitech harmony remote
baseline rack
toshiba 37 inch
maldol 1.5k avr

audio

mang rod 845
sony x333es
cal interconnect
audioquest interconnect
ecosse biwire cable
2 pairs of mr H power cable
maldol 1.5k
doc z turntable

Offline kefq

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • DVD Guru
  • Ethical Hacker
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #513 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 09:24 PM »
Panalo talaga yung 845  ;)

Offline bass_nut

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #514 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM »
Yes brother nakatisod lang sa tabi tabi

good thing you were able to get one.. congrats, kapatid Simon !!!

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 12:01 PM »
good thing you were able to get one.. congrats, kapatid Simon !!!

thanks sir

courtesy of mr sia again :)

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #516 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 12:04 PM »
oo nga pala.. you made a very good decision as he still has those hard to find phono cartridges.. again, congrats !!!  8)

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
Re: lifes simple joys (reopening on Oct 15)
« Reply #517 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 12:05 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o   :o  - six wowowees kasi sobra sa 5-star pala yan.

abangan nyo!!!

nagbunga ang "james-von-ding" natin. di na ako dededmahin ni kumander mo jejeje  ;D ::)

napansin na ni kumander after almost a week sa sala ayun nasermunan ako kagabi pero syempre pinanindigan ko na yan yung luma pinalitan ko lang ng case para di ngatngatin ng aso

mga 1 hour na sabon lang naman kaya i survived

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #518 on: Nov 18, 2010 at 10:30 AM »
konting sabon konting anlaw, ayus na!  :D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #519 on: Nov 20, 2010 at 06:45 AM »
napansin na ni kumander after almost a week sa sala ayun nasermunan ako kagabi pero syempre pinanindigan ko na yan yung luma pinalitan ko lang ng case para di ngatngatin ng aso

;D ;D ;D

Offline ron_cs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • The Wanderer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #520 on: Nov 20, 2010 at 07:36 PM »

VL lang po katapat niyan ;D ;D ;D

Congrats Sir Simon, ganda ng mga speakers mo.

From The Land Down Under

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: Nov 21, 2010 at 01:01 AM »
Thanks sir vl as in vacation leave huwag naman sana lv dahil maiiyak ako nun

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 09:46 AM »

Boss Simon,  Kung wala ka pang TT.... pwede kaming magdala ng sariling naming TT... ;D ;D ;D ;D

meron na pala astig na cart.

pag mag-eb kayo, pwede ko pahiram dual-mono stealthmod (cap & volume pot) sonicimpact t-amp & diy 12sn7 preamp

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 08:46 PM »

Finally done with the audio set up

Need some time to fix the ht naman

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #524 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 03:47 AM »

Finally done with the audio set up

Need some time to fix the ht naman

Nice! Nice! Me like... ;D ;D ;D
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline gob

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock n roll
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 10:00 AM »
congrats on your new set of gears!!! by the way what is your speaker? really like it hehe
:D

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #526 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 02:49 PM »
its a diy assembled by a audio using neo planar drivers and psb oem woofers

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 03:08 PM »
i met a colleague at work who happens to be a hobbyist as well like me. We had a good conversation about gears, speaker cables, interconnects speakers and stuff. he actually gave me the best advice anyone could give

while searching for what we feel is the ideal sound. we tend to forget why we went into this hobby which is really our love for music and movies. sometimes instead of listening and enjoying we end up doing an analysis on what else we need to make our systems rock !

he told me he used to spend all his extra cash buying gears (and his extra cash is probably 5 times my salary) even went to the point where in he built several set ups to listen to different types of music. one day his wife had a talk with him regarding his music on how he wouldn't listen to music anymore and spend more time calibrating and tinkering with the system rather than actually playing with it. to cut the story short he ended up selling all his gears and just bought a fancy looking mini component from abensons (sony ata or phillips) and he hasn't bought a single audio hardware except for cd's until now

anyway im not going to that extreme since i really dont have much to dispose. so all the extra money i had yesterday which was supposedly to fund my projector. i went ahead and bit the bullet and bought my wife an lv bag. i went home gave it to her. i told her i was saving up for a projector and i suddenly had a change of heart so i just bought her the bag early anniversary gift.

this morning i was watching a pirated movie on my old crappy lcd tv and it didnt really seem as crappy as it used to be. i was actually contented with it.

so i guess that talk really did work. im not saying i wont buy or retire any of my gears in the future. i guess with the help of another person i finally found contentment with my current toys

though with my act of kindness i am hoping my wife will repay my act of temporary insanity and get me a projector

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
i met a colleague at work who happens to be a hobbyist as well like me. We had a good conversation about gears, speaker cables, interconnects speakers and stuff. he actually gave me the best advice anyone could give

while searching for what we feel is the ideal sound. we tend to forget why we went into this hobby which is really our love for music and movies. sometimes instead of listening and enjoying we end up doing an analysis on what else we need to make our systems rock !

he told me he used to spend all his extra cash buying gears (and his extra cash is probably 5 times my salary) even went to the point where in he built several set ups to listen to different types of music. one day his wife had a talk with him regarding his music on how he wouldn't listen to music anymore and spend more time calibrating and tinkering with the system rather than actually playing with it. to cut the story short he ended up selling all his gears and just bought a fancy looking mini component from abensons (sony ata or phillips) and he hasn't bought a single audio hardware except for cd's until now

anyway im not going to that extreme since i really dont have much to dispose. so all the extra money i had yesterday which was supposedly to fund my projector. i went ahead and bit the bullet and bought my wife an lv bag. i went home gave it to her. i told her i was saving up for a projector and i suddenly had a change of heart so i just bought her the bag early anniversary gift.

this morning i was watching a pirated movie on my old crappy lcd tv and it didnt really seem as crappy as it used to be. i was actually contented with it.

so i guess that talk really did work. im not saying i wont buy or retire any of my gears in the future. i guess with the help of another person i finally found contentment with my current toys

though with my act of kindness i am hoping my wife will repay my act of temporary insanity and get me a projector

hanep sa kambyo amigo ah  ;D ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #529 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 04:03 PM »

We'll see ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: FINALLY KILLED THE UPGRADE BUG
« Reply #530 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 04:38 PM »
share ko s'yo:

yesterday, pinareserve ko na ang oppo pero after a few minutes binura ko rin. inisip ko muna ang ibang gastusin sa bahay. ako lang ang nagtatrabaho para sa asawa at dalawang anak kasama na ang mga aso at isda  :D

kahit may pera ka pa kailangan mo pa ring pag-isipang mabuti ang gagawin o pagkakagastahan. e di lalo na kung kagaya kong limitado ang panggastos. anyways, ang lahat ng iyan ay babagsak sa isang salita. kaligayahan

ang taong nabuhuhay sa maliit na komunidad ay maaaring limitado ang kaalaman subalit kung s'ya ay masaya ay sapat na. sa kabilang banda, ang taong nakatira sa malaking komunidad ay sa malamang maraming kasalamuha kung kaya't malawak ang nalalaman.

maaaring noong una ang nais mo lang na makarinig ng magagandang musika o makapanood ng magagandang pelikula sa sariling tahanan. dahil likas sa tao ang pagtuklas ng mga bagong anik-anik, natutunan mong magsaliksik sa kung saan-saan hanggang sa mapadpad ka sa pinoydvd! nakakaaliw, nakakalibang, maraming natututunan at nakikilala. subalit lingid sa iyong kaalaman, lumilihis ka na ng landas kung saan sa halip na musika at pelikula ang atupagin ay nauwi na sa pagtuklas at pagbili ng mga kagamitan na.

masaya. magastos. ako rin ay "biktima"  ;)

ang tanong: ano ba ang mahalaga sa iyo?

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #531 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 06:05 PM »
I usually put to rest the upgrade bug by intentionally not using a feature in the avr. That way, when I think about an upgrade, I always think that there is still one feature of the avr that has not been tested and would think about an upgrade once all features are tested.. Works for me as of now..

Offline himura001

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 06:45 PM »
@simonsaide

A book once points out that "...more is less." Oftentimes, contentment and simply savoring  what you currently have is more satisfying than unending upgrade and longing to be better or greater than others...
Glad that you decided to slow down and enjoy your current gears!!! It is ironic that being too knowledgeable and critical sometimes spoils the simple joys and contentment that one could have experienced by being simple!

Thumbs up to you Sir!  :)

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 09:23 PM »
the best and most admirable part !!!

i went ahead and bit the bullet and bought my wife an lv bag. i went home gave it to her. i told her i was saving up for a projector and i suddenly had a change of heart so i just bought her the bag early anniversary gift.

indeed, this hobby is all about one's preferred music to enjoy.. whenever curious buddies would spare some time chatting with me and the group, we kept telling them "enjoy da music".. oftentimes, this lead to further questions.. finally, they will get our float when we say "we used to enjoy AM radio band broadcast music via inexpensive battery operated radio tuners"  ;)

btw, thanks for the remind as  i need to call someone because my wife was asking for an LV to match the gift i recently gave her  :D ;D

cheers !!!

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #534 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 09:45 PM »
nice turn of events. Siguradong merrier holidays for making the wifey happy.

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 01:17 PM »
i like it ! sub na lang tapos na ako. hekhekhek :p

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #536 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 12:54 AM »
congrats on killing the bug ;)
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #537 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 01:20 AM »
Good job Simon..

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 03:57 PM »

ganda nga ng packaging ng mga labas ngayon sa pokiaps  ;D  60-80pesos@ solve na.
btw next time sanayin mo na rin si wifey sa LV divi o greenhills.
congrats! sit back and relax!

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 06:10 PM »

ganda nga ng packaging ng mga labas ngayon sa pokiaps  ;D  60-80pesos@ solve na.
btw next time sanayin mo na rin si wifey sa LV divi o greenhills.
congrats! sit back and relax!

;D ;D ;D