Author Topic: HDX 1000 Networked Media Tank - powered by Syabas  (Read 37912 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: HDX 1000 Networked Media Tank - powered by Syabas
« Reply #60 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 06:35 AM »
The HDX 1000 has a built-in memory card reader on the front panel.  It's
perfect for people who take photos and shoot videos.  You can disable the card
reader and have full use of not one, but two USB Host ports.

Anybody knows how to do this, I browse the entire set-up menu but just cant seem to see where the control for disabling the card reader so I could use both USB ports. Anybody?

You have to open the housing and detach a set of wires leading from the big circuit board to the small circuit board.  It's the set of wires that's directly opposite the card reader.

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Nov 08, 2009 at 07:14 AM »
Here are a coupe of pics to help you out

First picture shows which cable is to unplug. It is encircled in RED. Notice it is the one closest to the card reader slot.

Here is a much closer picture of the mentioned wires. Notice that they are grouped together in a plug. You can choose to pull out either from the main board or the smaller child board connection side. In my case I pulled them out completely and kept the wires instead. I have no intention of using that feature anyway. The white plastic plugs can be a little stubborn to pull out so I suggest you slowly lift one side of it after the other. Also, press down a bit on the board while trying to lift the plugs. This is so as not to bend the circuit boards.
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2009 at 07:16 AM by Bogsle »

Offline dukesociety

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • music lovers of the world unite!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #62 on: Nov 08, 2009 at 08:03 AM »
techradar gave hdx 1000 5 stars. quote:

"The HD Digitech HDX-1000 is probably the nearest thing I've seen yet to a cinephile-grade multimedia streamer."

full review: clicky

Online at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #63 on: Nov 08, 2009 at 06:04 PM »
You have to open the housing and detach a set of wires leading from the big circuit board to the small circuit board.  It's the set of wires that's directly opposite the card reader.

Bitstream & Bogsle Thanks much. Now I got both USB ports working  ;D
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2670
« Reply #64 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 06:24 PM »
just bought an HDX1000 from bitstream, ok ang unit na ito although wala siyang exhaust fan madaling mawala ung init! ;D
i tried watching almost 6 hours straight this afternoon and napansin ko mainit ung unit, after awhile madali din siyang lumamig considering walang aircon sa location ko ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 08:44 PM »
just bought an HDX1000 from bitstream, ok ang unit na ito although wala siyang exhaust fan madaling mawala ung init! ;D
i tried watching almost 6 hours straight this afternoon and napansin ko mainit ung unit, after awhile madali din siyang lumamig considering walang aircon sa location ko ;D

Hi anya618

Just curious - what was the very first movie you watched on the HDX 1000? Decent ba? Haha

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 08:54 PM »
Hi anya618

Just curious - what was the very first movie you watched on the HDX 1000? Decent ba? Haha

oo sir di pwede sa shop ung hindi decent ;D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 08:59 PM »
oo sir di pwede sa shop ung hindi decent ;D

hahaha!  Just buzz me if you need any help  :D

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 09:02 PM »
hahaha!  Just buzz me if you need any help  :D

just one concern sir, me jukebox installed sa hdd ko which worked with my popcorn hour pero walang lumalabas sa hdx1000 ?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 09:23 PM »
just one concern sir, me jukebox installed sa hdd ko which worked with my popcorn hour pero walang lumalabas sa hdx1000 ?

Some questions:
Are you using YAMJ?
How do you start up the Jukebox?
Pls explain "walang lumalabas" - what do you mean? What did you do and what shows on screen?

You might try plugging your external hard drive into the other USB port (you must enable it).  As far as I know, when you generate a YAMJ movie jukebox, it expects to see the drives attached to the same and same USB port at the time the jukebox was generated. 

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 09:38 PM »
Some questions:
Are you using YAMJ?
How do you start up the Jukebox?
Pls explain "walang lumalabas" - what do you mean? What did you do and what shows on screen?

You might try plugging your external hard drive into the other USB port (you must enable it).  As far as I know, when you generate a YAMJ movie jukebox, it expects to see the drives attached to the same and same USB port at the time the jukebox was generated. 

YAMJ din sir gamit ko
automatic ung start up kasi meron index nasa hdd
walang lumalabas na jukebox - ung regular menu lang

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 09:58 PM »
YAMJ din sir gamit ko
automatic ung start up kasi meron index nasa hdd
walang lumalabas na jukebox - ung regular menu lang

did that hard drive come from inside your PCH?

If auto-start yung jukebox, I think the drive must have been inside your PCH.  The firmware looks for a file called index.htm when the NMT is started up.  This file has to be in the root directory.  If the firmware finds it, the jukebox is started.

If you are using the drive as an external device, the firmware cannot find index.htm and thus will not start.  It will only search the root directory of an internal hard drive for the existence of this file.  Try searching for this file then press enter to execute it.

Let me know how it goes.

I suggest you visit www.networkedmediatank.com and www.omertron.com/pch/ to learn more about how the jukebox works and how it is generated.  This can be a very involved topic... but it's well worth your while to master YAMJ as the results can be quite terrific!

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2009 at 11:09 PM by Bogsle »

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM »
ask ko lang possible bang lagyan ito ng 2.1 setup without getting an amp?

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 09:22 AM »
ask ko lang possible bang lagyan ito ng 2.1 setup without getting an amp?

Yes, since it has DTS downmix and it has 2 channel stereo RCA output.

Thus it can output 2 channel audio through the TV's speakers.

Offline crxs07

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 07:59 AM »
i just bought from sir bitstream my 1st nmt..i couldnt help but to pick HDX instead of xtreamer although im a 1st time nmt user.

im very excited, sana dumating ang package today para masaya ang christmas. ;D

sir eric handa ka na sa mga queries ko once nareceive ko unit..hehehe. sana di ka magsawang sumagot sa kakulitan ko since its my 1st nmt nga.

merry christmas to all!

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM »
i just bought from sir bitstream my 1st nmt..i couldnt help but to pick HDX instead of xtreamer although im a 1st time nmt user.

im very excited, sana dumating ang package today para masaya ang christmas. ;D

sir eric handa ka na sa mga queries ko once nareceive ko unit..hehehe. sana di ka magsawang sumagot sa kakulitan ko since its my 1st nmt nga.

merry christmas to all!

A lot of colleagues who also have HDX nmt will be willing to help. Just post your queries here.

We may not be able to respond immediately but we'll provide help as soon as we can.

In addition you can also check out these forum sites for additional knowledge.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/

or

http://www.hdx1080.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=140

Enjoy your HDX1000. It's worth every peso.

Offline dazed

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 01:45 PM »
bitstream, just curious what the defect rate is so far on your side? had my HDX for about a year, then it died on me when I tried to swap out the internal HD. (changed the drive then it refused to boot up after that, with or without a drive installed. Red LED doesn't turn blue anymore and no video output)

Had to send the main PCB back to China, and looking at their forums, seems that I'm not alone in this and looks to be a fairly common problem.

Loved the HDX (YAMJ with AEON is great), wish it hadn't died so soon. Switched to an HTPC (ASRock Ion 330 HT, just a slightly bigger footprint than the HDX), but to be honest, I actually miss the simplicity of the HDX. HD files on Xbmc isn't that great (no way for 1080p, have to use another player), and since I barely use the machine for anything else than playing media files.
Audio: Cayin MT-45 mkii|B&W 602s2|Gramovox TT
HT: Denon X4200W|B&W 683s2, HTM Matrix, 601s2, GE 525

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 07:41 PM »
bitstream, just curious what the defect rate is so far on your side? had my HDX for about a year, then it died on me when I tried to swap out the internal HD. (changed the drive then it refused to boot up after that, with or without a drive installed. Red LED doesn't turn blue anymore and no video output)

Had to send the main PCB back to China, and looking at their forums, seems that I'm not alone in this and looks to be a fairly common problem.

Loved the HDX (YAMJ with AEON is great), wish it hadn't died so soon. Switched to an HTPC (ASRock Ion 330 HT, just a slightly bigger footprint than the HDX), but to be honest, I actually miss the simplicity of the HDX. HD files on Xbmc isn't that great (no way for 1080p, have to use another player), and since I barely use the machine for anything else than playing media files.

That's a strange problem you have.

We've had an extremely low number of defects.  In fact, there are only 2 that I can recall.  Unless the replacement hard disk you used somehow induced a problem, there doesn't seem to be any reason for the HDX 1000 to die just because of a hard disk replacement.  There could also be other factors, such as static electricity when you handled the device.

Did you try emergency recovery procedures before sending the main board back to China? This is a simple fix that often works if the hardware itself is not faulty.

I'll take a look at the HDX forum.  Since we've had almost no problems with out units, we haven't investigated your issue.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 08:24 PM »
I just went through the last 7 months of posts on the HDX 1000 hardware support forum.  I couldn't find any posts relating to how replacement of a hard drive could lead to the "bricking" of a unit.  

What I did see are posts about HDX 1000 units that refuse to turn on.  As with any electrical device, this of course is a problem that can befall some unlucky owners.  It's also possible that there might have been a problem with a certain batch of units - but this has not affected any of the units that we imported into the Philippines.

I'd be cautious though, about the statement that "this is a fairly common problem".  When you visit a hardware support forum, you should expect to see posts from owners who have problems; those who don't have issues generally don't post to say that everything is fine.  This may lead you to think that the problem is more widespread than it really is.

Considering that thousands of HDX 1000's have been sold all over the world, the number of posts relating to "bricked" units over the last 7 months is very minor.  We're extremely happy with the reliability of the units that we've sold, as well as the support of the manufacturer.

I hope the replacement PCB solves your problem.  If not, let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

On YAMJ + AEON .... I agree!  The jukebox looks fantastic. 

« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2009 at 08:31 PM by Bitstream »

Offline dazed

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Dec 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM »
I'd be cautious though, about the statement that "this is a fairly common problem".  When you visit a hardware support forum, you should expect to see posts from owners who have problems; those who don't have issues generally don't post to say that everything is fine.  This may lead you to think that the problem is more widespread than it really is.

Considering that thousands of HDX 1000's have been sold all over the world, the number of posts relating to "bricked" units over the last 7 months is very minor.  We're extremely happy with the reliability of the units that we've sold, as well as the support of the manufacturer.

I hope the replacement PCB solves your problem.  If not, let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

On YAMJ + AEON .... I agree!  The jukebox looks fantastic. 

thanks sir for the advice. not so sure how the emergency recovery you mentioned is done, but with no video signal from either HDMI or the composite out, didn't really have much choice aside from sending the PCB back. I'd actually written the unit off (am in HK and didn't have the luxury of decent support from resellers like you) and figured no harm in sending the PCB back for a possible replacement.

And yes, agree that most forum posts about issues/problems would far outnumber positive feedback, and by no means did I mean that the HDX is a problematic product. That's why I was curious what the defect rate would be like on your side... the unit did serve me well for a year (and my wife still maintains the view that it would've served us well for even longer if I didn't bother tinkering around with it when it was working perfectly fine). could be static (although i'm sure i touched the casing before touching anything else, so should've grounded it already), or some other defect. either way, I still think the HDX is probably the best looking NMT and will easily have a spot in my HT rack anytime.
Audio: Cayin MT-45 mkii|B&W 602s2|Gramovox TT
HT: Denon X4200W|B&W 683s2, HTM Matrix, 601s2, GE 525

Offline dukesociety

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • music lovers of the world unite!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #81 on: Dec 26, 2009 at 12:27 PM »
does it have hk warranty/office?

Offline joshua1019

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Dec 26, 2009 at 10:26 PM »
hi.
Were can i buy HDX 1000 and how much?

Offline crxs07

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 09:13 AM »
A lot of colleagues who also have HDX nmt will be willing to help. Just post your queries here.

We may not be able to respond immediately but we'll provide help as soon as we can.

In addition you can also check out these forum sites for additional knowledge.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/

or

http://www.hdx1080.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=140

Enjoy your HDX1000. It's worth every peso.

Thanks a lot sir bogsle, just recieved my unit yesterday due to christmas break of the shipping company. i tried few movies last night using my external hdd. all i can say is...wow! the picture..the sound...its great! napuyat ako, hehehe. i dont know how to explain, but it seems it complete my ht setup. now i can exprience what my speaker and reciever can do.

now heres my questions,

1. what is YAMJ? pano po ginagamit at para saan cia? should i install it on my pc or on the internal hdd of the HDX?
2. my HDX have 1tb internal hdd but my pc cannot read it, i hook it through usb slave and im using windows7 32 and 64bit. (btw im reading now the forum re this query but havent tried it yet)

so far ito lang muna concern ko...or if you can suggest what should i do first to use my internal hdd.

TIA!

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 02:58 PM »
ask ko lang if meron owners nakakaranas ng slo motion playback sa hdx1000? i tried the same file sa popcorn A110 ok naman siya pero sa hdx1000 minsan nag slo motion  ???

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 04:00 PM »
ask ko lang if meron owners nakakaranas ng slo motion playback sa hdx1000? i tried the same file sa popcorn A110 ok naman siya pero sa hdx1000 minsan nag slo motion  ???

There should be no difference in playback performance, assuming all external hardware and operating conditions are the same.

I replied to you by PM.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 04:13 PM »

Anya is the problem repeatable on the same file(s) or randomly occurring?

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 04:22 PM »
Anya is the problem repeatable on the same file(s) or randomly occurring?

random sir

Offline bananabond

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 08:59 PM »
ask ko lang if meron owners nakakaranas ng slo motion playback sa hdx1000? i tried the same file sa popcorn A110 ok naman siya pero sa hdx1000 minsan nag slo motion  ???
no problem so far, even 1080 files. gto mine last dec from sir bitstream :)
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2010 at 09:06 PM by banana007 »

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 01:45 AM »
Thanks a lot sir bogsle, just recieved my unit yesterday due to christmas break of the shipping company. i tried few movies last night using my external hdd. all i can say is...wow! the picture..the sound...its great! napuyat ako, hehehe. i dont know how to explain, but it seems it complete my ht setup. now i can exprience what my speaker and reciever can do.

now heres my questions,

1. what is YAMJ? pano po ginagamit at para saan cia? should i install it on my pc or on the internal hdd of the HDX?
2. my HDX have 1tb internal hdd but my pc cannot read it, i hook it through usb slave and im using windows7 32 and 64bit. (btw im reading now the forum re this query but havent tried it yet)

so far ito lang muna concern ko...or if you can suggest what should i do first to use my internal hdd.

TIA!

Hi there.

YAMJ is a jukebox software. It basically provides for a different if not better interface for accessing movies that you play with your HDX1000. Sorry I do not use YAMJ, but I believe you have to use a PC for this from which your HDX1000 will access information from.

I use Oversight instead as it does not require a PC and for me it is not as complicated as YAMJ to setup. If you are interested you may go to this link http://code.google.com/p/oversight/wiki/OversightIntro.

Regarding you second question, the answer there is because the HDX1000, with its Linux OS, formats the internal hard drive using ext3 file system. Windows OS cannot read this type of file system unless you install a software agent in Windows. The one that I use is this http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsd/files/. Download and install in you Windows PC.

Cheers.