Author Topic: Toshiba 3rd Gen HD DVD Players  (Read 32965 times)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: Toshiba 3rd Gen HD DVD Players
« Reply #270 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 03:38 PM »
Hi Luther, congrats..I think the price is ok na at 230 for the reason amazon give price guarantee. They are really easy to talk to. I used super saver shipping and it will take 5 to 10 more days maybe before I am charged. The advantage: If the a35 falls to 199 or lower within 30 days from shipment we can email amazon to credit us the difference. They almost 100 percent will credit us. So to me good buy na tayo. ;) Also most of the buyers I think are hddvd owners buying backup players, so it may run out of stock also if it hits 199. At least safe na tayo..It will be another long wait if it runs out of stock or maybe they will no longer restock. Ok excited na ako hehe..Cant wait for it to arrive. :)

Thanks Ray, made my ordered @BeachCamera cheaper by $4 & hoping they dont double box. Do you know if amazon also give price guarantee for units bought fr. third-party sellers?

Offline nukee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #271 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 03:51 PM »
Are you guys from here in the philippines or USA based? How much is the shipping cost from Amazon?

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2400
« Reply #272 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:52 AM »
Thanks Ray, made my ordered @BeachCamera cheaper by $4 & hoping they dont double box. Do you know if amazon also give price guarantee for units bought fr. third-party sellers?

Hi Luther, sorry I did not reply right away, I didn't see this. I don't think amazon do 30 day price guarantee if you bought from a third party seller. I bought some shirts before from third party sellers and the price went down. I emailed amazon and they say you have to talk to the third party seller mismo. However the third party seller naman refunded me the difference.

I just bought from amazon at 230. The great news for me is yesterday the price went down to 169.99 from third party seller and I emailed them right away. They refunded me the 60 dollars. Ok talaga amazon, thats why even sometimes when they are more expensive by few bucks I buy nalang from them. You can try emailing the seller (ask them if they give price guarantee) and wait few days when price is lower and email them right away for a  refund. I think they will, usually in america the stores do that. Ok Luther good luck.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:57 AM »
Hi, may I ask those who own a a35 a question. Last night I was testing the unit and just connect hdmi straight to tv for video and sound from the tv. I played inside man and there was barely any sound coming out from the tv. I turn it up so high already and I cant hear crap. Is this normal?  Man getting worried here..Thanks.

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Feb 23, 2008 at 09:38 PM »
Are you guys from here in the philippines or USA based? How much is the shipping cost from Amazon?

we're fr. here.  According to some members, A-35 will cost around 6-7K if shipped in double box & 2K-3K if ordered fr. third-party sellers who dont do double boxing.

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Feb 23, 2008 at 10:09 PM »
Hi Luther, sorry I did not reply right away, I didn't see this. I don't think amazon do 30 day price guarantee if you bought from a third party seller. I bought some shirts before from third party sellers and the price went down. I emailed amazon and they say you have to talk to the third party seller mismo. However the third party seller naman refunded me the difference.

I just bought from amazon at 230. The great news for me is yesterday the price went down to 169.99 from third party seller and I emailed them right away. They refunded me the 60 dollars. Ok talaga amazon, thats why even sometimes when they are more expensive by few bucks I buy nalang from them. You can try emailing the seller (ask them if they give price guarantee) and wait few days when price is lower and email them right away for a  refund. I think they will, usually in america the stores do that. Ok Luther good luck.

Its ok Ray. :)

Cancelled my order anyway, just in time when the news came out that Toshiba will drop HD DVD support. Doing some damage control to d wallet ;D besides its not wise for me to proceed w/ the purchase cos i dont have as many titles as yours in my hd dvd library, 34 pa lang naman. I'll just watch them using my add-on player.

So for now, I guess I just have to wait for my most wanted hd dvd exclusives to be released in blu . . . Congrats for the new A-35!

« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2008 at 10:21 PM by dts_es »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Feb 24, 2008 at 10:12 AM »
Its ok Ray. :)

Cancelled my order anyway, just in time when the news came out that Toshiba will drop HD DVD support. Doing some damage control to d wallet ;D besides its not wise for me to proceed w/ the purchase cos i dont have as many titles as yours in my hd dvd library, 34 pa lang naman. I'll just watch them using my add-on player.

So for now, I guess I just have to wait for my most wanted hd dvd exclusives to be released in blu . . . Congrats for the new A-35!

ok thanks hehe..Ya maybe just wait it out in blu..

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Feb 25, 2008 at 09:01 AM »
Anybody with the a35 out there have issues with 1080p? I have a full hd 1080p lcd and when I set the player to 1080p the picture will start flickering. Am I doing something wrong? I have firmware 1.3. Thanks.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2008 at 09:44 AM »
Gosh...my A35 disc tray got jam & won't open. :-[

Is there any local AV shops that can do repair for Toshiba HD DVD player?

Got my unit from Amazon, will try to avoid the hassle of sending it back if possible. :-\

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2008 at 10:47 AM »
Gosh...my A35 disc tray got jam & won't open. :-[

Is there any local AV shops that can do repair for Toshiba HD DVD player?

Got my unit from Amazon, will try to avoid the hassle of sending it back if possible. :-\
Pchin Try the repair shop in Retiro corner Araneta Ave. Thats the Toshiba service center.I forgot the store name

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2008 at 11:26 AM »
Pchin Try the repair shop in Retiro corner Araneta Ave. Thats the Toshiba service center.I forgot the store name

OK thanks Ernie...will check it out :)

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2008 at 11:54 AM »
bro pchin, just make sure you bring the unit to Toshiba & not to a Toshiba Authorized Service Center, had bad experiences with some of them.
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM »
bro pchin, just make sure you bring the unit to Toshiba & not to a Toshiba Authorized Service Center, had bad experiences with some of them.

Where is the ofis bro? Yesterday brought it to the makati Toshiba Authorized Service Center & I was told they only repair laptop, computer, etc but not TV & DVD player :( Asked them to advise me where is the TV/DVD player repair center but none of them can answer...just shake their heads & say "We don't know sir"... :-\

Will try Retiro when I'm free.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Sep 28, 2008 at 09:31 AM »
Toshiba surprises with firmware 4.0 HD DVD player update

Honestly, we were taken aback when Toshiba released version 3.0 firmware for its launch HD DVD players two years after release, but that has been replaced by absolute shock, at a 4.0 software update for the long-dead format. The whole family can join in on this one, either via the player or downloading and burning a copy from the website, with updates available for the whole line: HD-A1, HD-XA1, HD-D1, HD-A35, HD-A2, HD-A2W, HD-A2C, HD-D2, HD-A20, HD-XA2, HD-A3, HD-D3, HD-A30. The only official word is this patch "addresses certain playback issues" -- forum posters report 1080p/24 playback jaggies on MPEG-4 AVC-encoded titles like Transformers is no longer s problem. If everything is working fine (and, of course, you're still using your HD DVD player) :D it may be best to wait until more reports to avoid any potential compatibility problems.

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/resource.asp?resourceid=71

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Sep 28, 2008 at 09:44 AM »
Guess Toshiba is keeping up with their great after sales service policy. ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2008 at 09:44 AM by pchin »

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2655
« Reply #285 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 09:00 PM »
worth it pa bang bumili nito? mura na lang kasi ang bentahan, problem lang where to get the hd dvd movies  :-[
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 10:33 PM »
worth it pa bang bumili nito? mura na lang kasi ang bentahan, problem lang where to get the hd dvd movies  :-[

I think okay rin siya as an upscaling player. But kung wala ka ring makukuhang HD DVD movies gaano, I would suggest putting your investment into a BD player instead (Unless you just want a cheap upscaler).

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 07:46 AM »
Agree with blued888, perhaps you can consider PS3 a good versatile blu-ray/upscaling player :)

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2655
« Reply #288 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 08:00 AM »
Agree with blued888, perhaps you can consider PS3 a good versatile blu-ray/upscaling player :)

any other choice na standalone blu ray player? sony is not an option for me
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 08:06 AM »
Panasonic BD players are highly rated. Their next gen players are just coming in this month and are incredibly cheaper than their previous models. Early reviews show that their DVD upscaling are up there with the best... ;D

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=83487.0
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2008 at 08:07 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 12:48 PM »
Yes, the next gen Panasonic BD players pointed out by Mouldingo will be the answer to anya618's prayer.  ;)