Author Topic: Mkv files choppy  (Read 12462 times)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: Mkv files choppy
« Reply #60 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 12:48 PM »
Another weird thing I've noticed is the video being sharper after the upgrade.
kinda weird nga doc BUT, prolly because the new proc is a little intelligent/powerful than the old one?
kumbaga the system now has excess power to process the encodes properly.   ang sama tuloy ng tingin ko sa htpc ko, x2 5000 pa naman gamit ko  .. ;D
btw ikaw nalang ba nagpalit ng proc?
ninjababez online ..

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM »
sakin kasi impossible na bottleneck ang processor kasi im using Q6600 @ 3200mhz pa nga, nuon wala naman ako prob but sa imedian player kapag naka on ang DTS and dolby nag fafast forward sila  :'( nasanay nadin kasi ako sa imedian kaya hindi ako nag papalit ng player, pero kapag naka off yun DTS sa player ng audio smooth sila.. weird  :(
sorry for not backreading, what's your video card again?
btw dts and dd is a burden to our players, especially without the right codecs ..
i was really happy with my setup before until the horror of playing an mkv file from HDDVD came along (namely band of brothers and sky captain).
ninjababez online ..

Offline tein

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sound and Vision Home Entertainment 0917-5160808
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 01:45 PM »
sorry for not backreading, what's your video card again?
btw dts and dd is a burden to our players, especially without the right codecs ..
i was really happy with my setup before until the horror of playing an mkv file from HDDVD came along (namely band of brothers and sky captain).

hi ninjababez im using 4870x2 with updated drivers fresh installed and driver swept the old ones.. pansin ko asa player ko sya eh.. pag ni ON ko yun DTS sa imedian settings nag fafastforward ng konti, pag naka off sya tapos naka pl II lang wala sila fastforward eh.. updated na yun imedian player ko same padin, codec kaya prob?  thanks!

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #63 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 05:32 PM »
kinda weird nga doc BUT, prolly because the new proc is a little intelligent/powerful than the old one?
kumbaga the system now has excess power to process the encodes properly.   ang sama tuloy ng tingin ko sa htpc ko, x2 5000 pa naman gamit ko  .. ;D
btw ikaw nalang ba nagpalit ng proc?

Bro kamusta na? Nope had the proc replaced by the technician in the shop.  Mahirap ng magkamali!  The change of processor did the trick!  ;D 

I tried the KMPlayer with CoreAVC as suggested by gunblade but this combination hiccupped on some of my mkvs so I just scrapped it off and stayed with XBMC.  Got used to the keyboard shortcuts already and I don't have the time and patience yet for the paradigm shift.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 09:43 PM »
Bro kamusta na? Nope had the proc replaced by the technician in the shop.  Mahirap ng magkamali!  The change of processor did the trick!  ;D  

I tried the KMPlayer with CoreAVC as suggested by gunblade but this combination hiccupped on some of my mkvs so I just scrapped it off and stayed with XBMC.  Got used to the keyboard shortcuts already and I don't have the time and patience yet for the paradigm shift.
yeah iba talaga pag sanay kana sa player  ;D
for me it's kmplayer (95%) and media player classic (3%) :D
xbmc is proc dependent, that could've been the reason for improvement in playback and quality.
my htpc is doing fine, odd thing is the dvd playback.  im thinking it's my dvdrom   :-\
ill just get an el cheapo dvd player from raon   ^_^

hi ninjababez im using 4870x2 with updated drivers fresh installed and driver swept the old ones.. pansin ko asa player ko sya eh.. pag ni ON ko yun DTS sa imedian settings nag fafastforward ng konti, pag naka off sya tapos naka pl II lang wala sila fastforward eh.. updated na yun imedian player ko same padin, codec kaya prob?  thanks!
then i could safely assume that it's the codec.  wipe 'em off clean and get the clondalkin special .. ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2009 at 09:47 PM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 11:43 PM »
yun clondakin special ba parang media portal sya or like mga media player classic sya ? hehe sayang yun imedian nasanay nadin kasi plus yun yung kasama sa silverstone mfp51 na software

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:02 AM »
yun clondakin special ba parang media portal sya or like mga media player classic sya ? hehe sayang yun imedian nasanay nadin kasi plus yun yung kasama sa silverstone mfp51 na software

Hi Tein.  Wag ka magagalit ne.   Looking at the specs of your PC speaks sooo badly of the Imedian HD.  If you know how to invoke external codecs through the Imedian HD menu, that's worth a try.   

You obviously want some kind of video jukebox hence you should try Media Portal or even XBMC.  Media Portal can be conveniently configured to work with KMP, other media players and even disk emulators.

I'm sure you are aware that you are wasting energy/heat by overclocking your Q6600 for HTPC use.  I would restore it to stock clock speed kung talagang di mo na kailangan ang hardcore gaming and benchmarking for that particular rig.  You need a stable, cool and efficient CPU for reliable 1080p mkv playback, thus the idea of overclocked CPU is rather iffy for such application, IMO. 

BTW, the real clondalkin special is simply ube ice cream (imported from NAIA) swimming in low fat fresh milk while watching a movie.   ;D

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:49 AM »
Hi Tein.  Wag ka magagalit ne.   Looking at the specs of your PC speaks sooo badly of the Imedian HD.  If you know how to invoke external codecs through the Imedian HD menu, that's worth a try.   

You obviously want some kind of video jukebox hence you should try Media Portal or even XBMC.  Media Portal can be conveniently configured to work with KMP, other media players and even disk emulators.

I'm sure you are aware that you are wasting energy/heat by overclocking your Q6600 for HTPC use.  I would restore it to stock clock speed kung talagang di mo na kailangan ang hardcore gaming and benchmarking for that particular rig.  You need a stable, cool and efficient CPU for reliable 1080p mkv playback, thus the idea of overclocked CPU is rather iffy for such application, IMO. 

BTW, the real clondalkin special is simply ube ice cream (imported from NAIA) swimming in low fat fresh milk while watching a movie.   ;D

Hi sir clondalkin.. actually its on stock voltage sir and the temps are great since its always on aircon and all the coolings are changed din, and stressed test it nuon for 24 hours also to check for stabily, minsan kasi nag lalaro din ng pakonti konti  ;) yun media portal ang prob ko d nya play mga movies ko kahit yun mga dvd rip from torrents dunno why.. or nasanay lang ako siguro sa imedian, meron sa imedian parang external codecs eh but dont know what to get to combine it here sa imedian hd  ;) and ill try to put it on stock settings nalang din since mas bihira na maglaro  :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:29 AM »
... yun media portal ang prob ko d nya play mga movies ko kahit yun mga dvd rip from torrents dunno why.. or nasanay lang ako siguro sa imedian, meron sa imedian parang external codecs eh but dont know what to get to combine it here sa imedian hd  ;) and ill try to put it on stock settings nalang din since mas bihira na maglaro  :)

Try to set-up Media Portal once again STRICTLY following this procedure

http://www.projecthtpc.co.uk/htpc_software08.html

There are other ways to configure KMP with CoreAVC but I notice that with certain (newer) versions of KMP, the result could be stuttery playback (compared to its internal codecs).  The procedure described in the above URL is so far, the most effective kahit anong version ng KMP and with CoreAVC version 1.8.5 and newer.

« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:30 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM »
ok thansk sir clandalkin! will try.. how about the xbmc ok din ba sya?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 01:09 PM »
.. how about the xbmc ok din ba sya?

Ubod ng ganda ang aesthetics pero mabigat ang playback especially for 1080ps.   I played with it for a few days, had a little bit of fun with the cover arts and all those extra info/stuff about the movie that you can download from the net.  After that, I never touched it again (but it's still installed in my PC).    However, your Q6600 MIGHT handle it well enough (mine is E6600).

Media Portal is relatively lighter and simpler - but I prefer to just play direct from KMP or WMP or MPC para may sufficient juice ang PC to do something else all the time - downloading, chatting, online market updates and kasama na rin ng PDVD in my case.

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 01:18 PM »
Ubod ng ganda ang aesthetics pero mabigat ang playback especially for 1080ps.   I played with it for a few days, had a little bit of fun with the cover arts and all those extra info/stuff about the movie that you can download from the net.  After that, I never touched it again (but it's still installed in my PC).    However, your Q6600 MIGHT handle it well enough (mine is E6600).

Media Portal is relatively lighter and simpler - but I prefer to just play direct from KMP or WMP or MPC para may sufficient juice ang PC to do something else all the time - downloading, chatting, online market updates and kasama na rin ng PDVD in my case.

Wow thanks for the info hehe just downloaded xbmc, actually i have media portal, moovida, xbmc now pero un installed lahat, ayaw ko kasi yun direct playing ng movies kasi pag nakaupo kami sa ben hindi mabasa yun movie choices  :D unlike pag naka media center yun player mas kita sila lahat  :) thanks sir clondalkin!

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 05:52 PM »
guys question din pala. when im playing mkv files sa pc ko using imedian, cpu usage and ram usage ko is only 7-8% . normal ba ito?

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 06:20 PM »
sir clondalkin im using now yun xbmc, so far wala syang fastforwarding or any lag at all when at DTS or DD enables unlike sa imedian ko kapag naka enable and DTS may fastforwarding, one thing napansin ko is darker ang color sa xbmc? and how will i launch it sa 2nd monitor ko  ;) cant seem to figure it out, pag ni window mode ko sya para i drag sa lcd tv i cant maximize naman the size, naka window lang talaga  ;) and madlai pala ito gamitin parang install, browse then thats it

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 01:28 AM »
guys question din pala. when im playing mkv files sa pc ko using imedian, cpu usage and ram usage ko is only 7-8% . normal ba ito?
vga is prolly the one processing it.  :)

sir clondalkin im using now yun xbmc, so far wala syang fastforwarding or any lag at all when at DTS or DD enables unlike sa imedian ko kapag naka enable and DTS may fastforwarding, one thing napansin ko is darker ang color sa xbmc? and how will i launch it sa 2nd monitor ko  ;) cant seem to figure it out, pag ni window mode ko sya para i drag sa lcd tv i cant maximize naman the size, naka window lang talaga  ;) and madlai pala ito gamitin parang install, browse then thats it
try CTRL+ENTER or ALT+ENTER.  havent used xbmc for a while now.
ninjababez online ..

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 07:00 AM »

You just have to tinker with the settings of XBMC to get the fullscreen mode. XBMC is easy to use that's why I stuck to it.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 08:05 AM »
You just have to tinker with the settings of XBMC to get the fullscreen mode. XBMC is easy to use that's why I stuck to it.
tein, since youre using a quad core cpu xbmc is one of the better options for you  ;)
i just hope your remote works though  :) btw iirc cdrking's remote works  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 06:43 PM »
This is the wireless keyboard w/ trackball that I use for my HTPC:

CDRKing Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Office Keyboard with tracking ball

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 08:02 PM »
hi guys thanks for the comments, yes gumana yun remote ko sa imon/ imedian hd dito sa xbmc. hehe nakakatuwa gamitin pati pc ng brother ko and cousin ko nilagyan ko so far all mkv movies smooth din sa kanila..
 try ko yun control enter hehe if napagana ko will definitely use this na  ;) thanks guys!

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 08:44 PM »
This is the wireless keyboard w/ trackball that I use for my HTPC:

CDRKing Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Office Keyboard with tracking ball

Hi Nerveblocker.  What's the effective range of this keyboard?   Can it reach 10 meters?    Thanks!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sep 13, 2009 at 08:36 AM »
Hi Nerveblocker.  What's the effective range of this keyboard?   Can it reach 10 meters?    Thanks!

Yep.  It uses RF frequencies so no problem with solid objects blocking the "line of sight" of keyboard and USB receiver as compared to IR.  No problems whatsoever in my 14 sq meter HT.  ;)

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 08:41 PM »
Guys figured out na panu i maximize yun screen if your using dual lcd then xbmc, Use window mode ng xbmc, drag sa 2nd lcd, sa settings ng xbmc set mo yun resolution ng tv na gagamitin mo xbmc then yun na . Just wanna share it lang kasi kanina ko lang nagawa  :)

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 15, 2009 at 08:44 PM »
To sir clondalkin, so far all pc sa house namin and sa network are using xbmc na hehe dual core ,quad and single cores ( usually dvd rips sila sa mga younger cousins ko ) all running smooth naman. thanks for recommending this hehe wala na yun fast forwarding problem ko. sobra dali nya i configure  :D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 16, 2009 at 07:31 AM »
To sir clondalkin, so far all pc sa house namin and sa network are using xbmc na hehe dual core ,quad and single cores ( usually dvd rips sila sa mga younger cousins ko ) all running smooth naman. thanks for recommending this hehe wala na yun fast forwarding problem ko. sobra dali nya i configure  :D

User friendly indeed!  Tried Media Portal but encountered lots of problems to make it run so went back to good ol' XBMC.

Offline keith22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 06:44 AM »
Good day mga masters. I have the same problem with my laptop. Its a compaq cq-40-310au with 3 gig of ram. I bought the laptop based on the recommendations in this board since it has the amd 780g chipset. Its processor is the Turion X2 Dual-Mobile RM72 2.1GHz. Based on specs, the laptop should be able to play 1080p files, but I get choppy playback from KMP and MPC(i got it from the link given in this thread) and weird almost-no-playback in VLC. I found it weird that VLC wasn't able to play the file properly since it usually uses the least amount of resources when I play 720p files. The laptop is connected to a Samsung 2333HD monitor thru HDMI(cdr-king, el cheapo, :D) at 1920x1080 resolution. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. TIA.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 08:01 AM »
Good day mga masters. I have the same problem with my laptop. Its a compaq cq-40-310au with 3 gig of ram. I bought the laptop based on the recommendations in this board since it has the amd 780g chipset. Its processor is the Turion X2 Dual-Mobile RM72 2.1GHz. Based on specs, the laptop should be able to play 1080p files, but I get choppy playback from KMP and MPC(i got it from the link given in this thread) and weird almost-no-playback in VLC. I found it weird that VLC wasn't able to play the file properly since it usually uses the least amount of resources when I play 720p files. The laptop is connected to a Samsung 2333HD monitor thru HDMI(cdr-king, el cheapo, :D) at 1920x1080 resolution. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. TIA.
if youre near makati or cubao i can help  ;)
btw im using vista ultimate, with only 2gb of ram.  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 09:51 AM »

What exactly are your Media Player + Codec settings?

Offline keith22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM »
@ninjababez, im from navotas sir pero madalas din ako sa mandaluyong. it would be of great help if we could schedule a meet or something. sagot ko na lang kape. :D

@clondalkin, default settings lang sir sa kmp at vlc. ung sa mpc, un ung dinownload ko from one of the links given in this thread.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 12:22 PM »
@clondalkin, default settings lang sir sa kmp at vlc. ung sa mpc, un ung dinownload ko from one of the links given in this thread.

VLC is the most versatile media player but definitely a resource hog in terms of 1080p playback so forget that. 

If your PC cant run a 1080p smooth enough using KMP and its internal decoders, then sorry but your PC is not powerful enough on its own.  You can try the latest KMP Ver. 1435 as it appears to be more efficient than previous versions based on my tests.   In any case, I think you need to try external decoders like CoreAVC.

MPC, in my observation, is even more efficient than KMP at default settings. 

Check the technical info of your 1080p files using MediaInfo.  If you're seeing numbers like Level 5.1 then that is also a reason for the choppy playback.   Stick to ones using Level 4.1 encoding or lower.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 02:00 PM »
anyone here using the "special recipe", aside from me and Clondalkin?
notice some pixelation on some new mkv downloadables (e.g. moon, inglorious basterds*, gforce*HDEX)?
cant tell if theyre the same encoders since my inglorious basterds does not say who encoded it (katamad hanapin :D )checked hdbits and found out that im not the only one having the issue, 2 na kami .. :D :D
anyways, since these new downloadables run fine on media player classic, i just use it (mplayer classic) to play "incompatible" mkvs.
ninjababez online ..