Author Topic: DVICO TViX M-6500A - Enhanced GUI, BD Menu, TrueHD, DTS-HD, and Dolby Digital +  (Read 18995 times)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
one of the seller from us said that the innards of the new 7 series is the same as 6500a. is this true? also when booting up, is that the normal time of booting like 20-30sec?

yes ... according to the distributor in Singapore, the only difference with the 7-series is the aluminum cylindrical body which offers better heat dissipation and better aesthetics for those who like the cylindrical shape ... regarding boot-time, probably around 30 seconds, but now that i added a 1.5tb external disk and with an internal 1.5tb disk - it takes around 55 seconds to boot
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Matagal na akong tempted to purchase this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DVICO-TViX-M-6500A-Multimedia-player-Korean-model_W0QQitemZ250561764321QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100112?IMSfp=TL100112224005r26101#ht_5003wt_1167

Kaso feeling ko any of the new realtek players now will just enable bluray menu support on their next firmware update so sasama lang loob ko nun if I did purchase this hehe
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
Matagal na akong tempted to purchase this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DVICO-TViX-M-6500A-Multimedia-player-Korean-model_W0QQitemZ250561764321QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100112?IMSfp=TL100112224005r26101#ht_5003wt_1167

Kaso feeling ko any of the new realtek players now will just enable bluray menu support on their next firmware update so sasama lang loob ko nun if I did purchase this hehe

hehe ... sa hobby kasi natin, nakakainip maghintay ... first NMT ko was a Popcorn Hour A100, after waiting for 6 months doon sa mga feature na hinahanap ko, i decided to get the TVIX when i had the chance ... tagal kasi mag-update ng ibang NMT's ... yung TrueHD and DTS-HD pass through, late 2008 pa available na sa TVIX wala pa rin sa iba

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
yes ... according to the distributor in Singapore, the only difference with the 7-series is the aluminum cylindrical body which offers better heat dissipation and better aesthetics for those who like the cylindrical shape ... regarding boot-time, probably around 30 seconds, but now that i added a 1.5tb external disk and with an internal 1.5tb disk - it takes around 55 seconds to boot

thanks sir raptor. napansin ko nga if you have several HDD installed and xternal medyo matagal. thank god this is normal kala ko lemon na yung nabili namin.
another thing, when i hook up the component i got a flicker from time to time in crt tv. is this normal? thinking that sometimes hindi kaya nung crt ang signal from 6500a.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
thanks sir raptor. napansin ko nga if you have several HDD installed and xternal medyo matagal. thank god this is normal kala ko lemon na yung nabili namin.
another thing, when i hook up the component i got a flicker from time to time in crt tv. is this normal? thinking that sometimes hindi kaya nung crt ang signal from 6500a.

this does not happen on my tv, but i'm already using plasma TV ...try setting the maximum resolution that your crt tv can take instead of setting it to Auto - usually 480i for crt tv
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010 at 06:35 PM by raptor »

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
sir, question re the remote.. is it backlit?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
sir, question re the remote.. is it backlit?

nope it's not backlit

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sayang, according to my friend who's in sg right now, wala na daw stocks ng m6500a sa funan and simlim.. theyre pushing her the 6600 na daw...

sabi ko wag nalang sya bibili....

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
sayang, according to my friend who's in sg right now, wala na daw stocks ng m6500a sa funan and simlim.. theyre pushing her the 6600 na daw...

sabi ko wag nalang sya bibili....

The M6600 should be better ... if there are issues with the current firmware, it should not be a worry coz DViCO releases firmware updates regularly

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
The M6600 should be better ... if there are issues with the current firmware, it should not be a worry coz DViCO releases firmware updates regularly

this was one of my options too, may nakita akong u.s. site selling for $220 nung christmas season (sadly, its back to $279 again)

http://www.tvixbox.com/

sir waxx, may 6500 pa sila at $339.  ;)

Offline MaCMeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
this was one of my options too, may nakita akong u.s. site selling for $220 nung christmas season (sadly, its back to $279 again)

Another site selling 6500 @ $299.
http://www.datoptic.com/cgi-bin/web.cgi?product=M6500A&detail=yes
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
onga e... thinking about it nga.. 6500 is ok in general, but new generation tvixs are coming out...  ill wait on this one.. i just said to myself, kung wala talaga sa sg, then hindi para sa akin ang tvix 6500..

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 113
Maganda kaya ito?

DVICO TivX HD N1 ( cafe) S$ 199 sa Funan at Sim Lim. Although meron akong Mediagate 350 sa bahay.

http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/brand/pressRelease.aspx?moduleid=1&act=RD&id=520

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
Maganda kaya ito?

DVICO TivX HD N1 ( cafe) S$ 199 sa Funan at Sim Lim. Although meron akong Mediagate 350 sa bahay.

http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/brand/pressRelease.aspx?moduleid=1&act=RD&id=520

yup that's a good one ... almost same price na lang ng xtreamer ... firmware of TVIX is much better than the rest of Realtek-based NMT's

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
etong HD N1 kaya mag dedecode ng HD audio? sa site kse hindi nakalagay sa specs. Pero ganun din sa 6500A

Hindi nakalagay sa specs pero alam namin natin na kaya nya..

Ano kaya sa tingin mo sir raptor?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
etong HD N1 kaya mag dedecode ng HD audio? sa site kse hindi nakalagay sa specs. Pero ganun din sa 6500A

i think that the HD N1 and the rest of TVIX based on the Realtek chip do not support TrueHD and DTS-MA pass through, they only support Dolby Digital Plus pass through for HD audio ... the earlier features and specs of the M6500 in their website banners TrueHD as one of their selling points ... they have revised that since the new models were introduced ... para siguro pag nag-compare ng specs, mas maging impressive yung mga bago

Offline alhitman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:

Why dun you get this unit at neighbour country Malaysia? I believe it is cheaper than Sg or us.
I dun know if this unit still on sale or not base on that this is 2009 model.
And yes it true... So far THIS Previous model of M-6500 can support DTS-HD and TRUE-HD..
but the 6600 can play DTS MA to DTS by using pass thru option.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:

The 6600N Plus supports HD Audio passthrough including TrueHD based on the latest firmware release ... the HD N1 does not include support for TrueHD on their latest firmware release, but supports passthrough of other HD audio formats such as Dolby Digital Plus