Author Topic: People have been telling me Sony is too expensive...  (Read 10357 times)

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: People have been telling me Sony is too expensive...
« Reply #90 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 01:40 AM »
Nung bumili ako ng Sony CRT di naman nakakapag sisi, kasi compare sa ibang brand, iba talga ang kulay nung sony., Kahit anong gawin kong adjustments sa ibang brand, di makuha ung linaw. Ibang usapan na siguro pag LCD or plasma.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 03:30 PM »

A Yahoo-featured article:

Goodbye, Sony PSP
We barely knew ye
By Mike Smith

Whatever happened to the PSP? The device that Sony once touted as "the Walkman for the 21st century" is fast disappearing from popular consciousness, and if you believe the rumors circulating just three-and-a-half years after its launch, it's up for a major rethink in 2009.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/goodbye-sony-psp/1276225

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #92 on: Dec 31, 2008 at 03:44 PM »
A Yahoo-featured article:

Goodbye, Sony PSP
We barely knew ye
By Mike Smith

Whatever happened to the PSP? The device that Sony once touted as "the Walkman for the 21st century" is fast disappearing from popular consciousness, and if you believe the rumors circulating just three-and-a-half years after its launch, it's up for a major rethink in 2009.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/goodbye-sony-psp/1276225

my son barely touches our psp, but the ds, wow, he could play for hours length. although when im outside, it seems psp is still popular among the teenagers as its really a multimedia device, while ds is really pretty strong with the younger set.  :)

personally, i like the ds games more, simple really for pick up and play. psp games tend to be more complicated and cumbersome. playstation fanboy pa man din ako.  :(

Offline boybi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 01:32 AM »
During the CRT days, iba talaga ang Sony. Kahit mahal sya, sulit bilhin. User friendly sya (like Nokia cellphones), maganda ang designs, and talagang maganda ang PQ.

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 01:48 AM »
my son barely touches our psp, but the ds, wow, he could play for hours length. although when im outside, it seems psp is still popular among the teenagers as its really a multimedia device, while ds is really pretty strong with the younger set.  :)

personally, i like the ds games more, simple really for pick up and play. psp games tend to be more complicated and cumbersome. playstation fanboy pa man din ako.  :(

I agree. DS games seems to target the younger kids. While the games that the PSP releases are more for the teens and adults alike.
SARS!!!

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 03:31 AM »
Blu-ray sinks the PS3
Posted by Robin Harris
December 30th, 2008 @ 12:10 pm

... All tech companies place big bets on new technology. The trick is to choose tech that will result in a visible customer benefit.

... As the Wii proves, most people want to have fun, not geek bragging rights.

... Blu-ray’s costly licensing requirements mean that small producers won’t move to it anytime soon. That keeps media volumes low and media prices high: at $0.40/GB it is 4x what magnetic disk costs and only a quarter of what the far more convenient flash thumb drives are running.

Meanwhile, the download market keeps moving forward as codecs improve, broadband speeds rise and studio execs learn about the Internet. The bricks-and-mortar crowd wants Blu-ray to succeed, but Sony has driven itself into a ditch during an economic hurricane. ...

http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=375