Author Topic: Help! Line in the LCD display  (Read 1199 times)

Offline bogart0929

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help! Line in the LCD display
« on: Dec 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM »
Guys/ Gurus,

I was blessed with a 32" Samsung Series 3 in a Xmas raffle.

The problem is, after only 3 days of viewing (mixed cable and dvd) I noticed this line at the bottom left corner of the display, which at first, I mistook as a shadow. But it's NOT!

I've tried covering all angles to ensure that it is not a shadow of sorts, and I'm certain it is coming from inside the LCD panel.

Is there a way to take this off? Or will it just go away? Or this a common defect?

Help!

Here are the pictures:

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Help! Line in the LCD display
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 11:11 AM »
The problem came out after 3 days? That line should not be there. Have it replaced by samsung. Warranty pa naman siguro yan

Offline bogart0929

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 11:19 AM »
Hi mac_mini,

Tnx for yhe immediate reply.

Would samsung honor the warranty even if I only won it in a raffle?

Anyway, I still have the warranty card with me.

BTW, I got it only last Nov 29.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 11:20 AM »
Guys/ Gurus,

I was blessed with a 32" Samsung Series 3 in a Xmas raffle.

The problem is, after only 3 days of viewing (mixed cable and dvd) I noticed this line at the bottom left corner of the display, which at first, I mistook as a shadow. But it's NOT!

I've tried covering all angles to ensure that it is not a shadow of sorts, and I'm certain it is coming from inside the LCD panel.

Is there a way to take this off? Or will it just go away? Or this a common defect?

Help!

Here are the pictures:

you sure nothing hit the panel during the days you have use it, when you were not at home? parang basag yung loob ng lcd, can you take a closer picture?

but your best bet is to have it replace by the store where the panel came from, you have to get the receipt from where you wont the raffle from. medyo matrabaho. but i dont think the store or samsung will honor the warranty without receipt.  :(
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM by iiinas »

Offline mac_mini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 11:49 AM »
Hi mac_mini,

Tnx for yhe immediate reply.

Would samsung honor the warranty even if I only won it in a raffle?

Anyway, I still have the warranty card with me.

BTW, I got it only last Nov 29.

yan ang problema. Does the warranty card indicate the seller and the date it was acquired?

Offline bogart0929

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM »
you sure nothing hit the panel during the days you have use it, when you were not at home? parang basag yung loob ng lcd, can you take a closer picture?

but your best bet is to have it replace by the store where the panel came from, you have to get the receipt from where you wont the raffle from. medyo matrabaho. but i dont think the store or samsung will honor the warranty without receipt.  :(

La naman ako napansin na basag, but I will take a closer/ clearer pic.

yan ang problema. Does the warranty card indicate the seller and the date it was acquired?

Ouch! that's the problem, the warranty card has no indication when or where it was bought.  ??? Also, there is no receipt and i don't have any idea where to get the recipt. sigh...

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM »
La naman ako napansin na basag, but I will take a closer/ clearer pic.

Ouch! that's the problem, the warranty card has no indication when or where it was bought.  ??? Also, there is no receipt and i don't have any idea where to get the recipt. sigh...

sayang naman, you have to contact the raffle organizers, i would assume they would have copies of the receipt since they should have financial records of the said event. but i believe you have to do it asap, since the longer you wait the harder you will be able to get a copy.  :)

Offline bogart0929

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 06:00 PM »
sayang naman, you have to contact the raffle organizers, i would assume they would have copies of the receipt since they should have financial records of the said event. but i believe you have to do it asap, since the longer you wait the harder you will be able to get a copy.  :)

Just an update.

I finally got a copy of the Original Receipt! Turns out that the unit was bought from Western Marketing at Pasay Road.

An authorized Samsung Repair Technician visited and inspected my unit last Monday and said that the panel needs to be replaced.

I'm now just waiting for the replacement!

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM »
Just an update.

I finally got a copy of the Original Receipt! Turns out that the unit was bought from Western Marketing at Pasay Road.

An authorized Samsung Repair Technician visited and inspected my unit last Monday and said that the panel needs to be replaced.

I'm now just waiting for the replacement!
Congrats bro....
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline bogart0929

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 04:34 PM »
Congrats bro....

Finally!

The panel was replaced last Friday. Thanks for all those who gave their inputs/ help.

Thank you to pinoydvd!

Mods- you're free to lock this thread.