Author Topic: JVC HTIB  (Read 1118 times)

Offline klpangan

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
JVC HTIB
« on: Jan 21, 2009 at 10:23 AM »
http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027941&pathId=30&page=3

anyone can tell me if this is a good htib??? dami kasi nian connection sa likod parang all in one na amp eh... astig pa tignan

Offline straker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: JVC HTIB
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 11:02 AM »
KLPangan,

I saw the unit in Robinsons-Marcos Hiway and Abenson-Shangrila for 20T (19,990). Di ko masyado makita ang likuran. Tama ka nga, parang ampli lang. Wala rin AM/FM radio, at least that what the specs says.

The product's specs is good. What grabs my attention are the HDMI ports, 2 inputs and 1 output, all passthrough. So an HDMI source (PC,PS3,etc) can be piped through this, and get all its speakers firing. Plus optical and RCA A/V jacks making a versatile toy.

5.1 speakers lang, pero OK na sa akin ito. Pag-iipunan ko ito. 

Offline straker

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 08:47 PM »
I've passed by SM Appliance Center in Megamall and saw this set (TH-L1) . What's eye-catching is that its 50% off, bale 10,000 and its the last unit left! In other stores its 19,990. For that particular instant, its a bargain of a lifetime. And I noticed other folks are interested too....

I've asked the sales reps to test the gear's HDMI functions, by connecting to a player and LCD TV, all using HDMI cables. It was then that I realize its shortcomings... The HDMI ports didn't have any audio. I had the plug the optical cable to get the sound through. We tried poking the controls and reading the manual, baka makuha sa pitik, pero wala talaga. If there was a way, we just didn't know which one is.

I was THIS CLOSE to taking the HTiB home. Although I could spend a 1500-2000 pesos more for an extra HDMI & optical cable, but the idea of me poking at the back of the HT unit when changing inputs doesn't sit well.

Had the gear worked as I expected, that would have complimented my HTPC system.

Huhuhuhu...... SAYANG! :(

Offline a_fabroa

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2011 at 08:04 PM »
Hi! I have this one and everything works fine.