Author Topic: Dimfer's  (Read 73874 times)

Offline bass_nut

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: Dimfer's
« Reply #90 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 12:47 PM »
sample semi-portable gears of buddies here in P.I. sir Ding  :D ;D

shot taken during our recent "Grado Night"

Offline dimfer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #91 on: Oct 24, 2009 at 08:40 AM »
 :o  Grado pa lang 'yan, paano na kung kasama pa yung ibang brand  ;D
Magico S7, Trodt Gm70, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, PS Audio Direct Stream, Aurender A10, Garrard 401

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Oct 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM »
indeed sir Ding  :D ;D

here is a sample.. boss Ken's Stax Omega 2 MKI SR007 (original Japan version)... paired with Stax SRM-007T/4 tubes amp.. both are relatively hard to find  8)

edit: added more pictures  ;D
Stax Omega II MKI SR007 + SRM007T:

[/quote]
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2009 at 08:11 PM by bass_nut »

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 12:17 AM »

Offline Cjtjader

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 256
« Reply #94 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 09:57 AM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Perspicuus ~ Quietus ~ Consilium ~ Patefacio

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #95 on: Dec 26, 2009 at 08:24 PM »

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 01:43 AM »
Nova Physics Memory Player still enters my dreams ...its novel features simply one of the best  8)

http://www.novaphysicsgroup.com/

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010 at 01:46 AM by bass_nut »

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Feb 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM »
tagal ko na pala hindi nadalaw ang thread na ito... belated merry christmas din dun sa mga bumati  ;D ;D ;D

Doc Fer, Nova Physics did a total redesign of this product, they are patenting the technology and I believe will be selling this technology to other high end audio manufacturers. Mark also did a new dac design, to his term - purest analog signal from a dac ever. The new NPMP is supposed to reduce jitter down to femtosecond level and claimed to have 16x less jitter that the nuclear clock DCS system. Clement Perry told me they sound great, a review is supposed to be on the way.
Magico S7, Trodt Gm70, Lamm LL2 Deluxe, PS Audio Direct Stream, Aurender A10, Garrard 401

Offline bass_nut

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Feb 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM »
nice to see you here again sir Dimfer... and i really wish someday i can grab me one of Mark's super high-end products.

kindest regards

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Mar 20, 2011 at 07:12 AM »
update time...

Audio took the backseat most of year 2010. I started the year focusing on suv hunting and finally pulled the trigger last June. We spent most of our weekends driving around and visiting places. I was able to put in 9,000 kms from July to December on a vehicle that I only drive after work and on weekends. When winter came, lifestyle changed and back to indoor stuff again. Finally, I pulled the trigger on a projector and a motorized screen just before Christmas.

After considering numerous candidates and options, I went ahead with Epson 2100UB and a 120" Grandview Cyber Series Motorized screen. Me and my wife are movie buffs, and I never imagined that a 120" projection setup will be so much more immersive than the 50" tv that we already have. Not even in the same league, and I must say that the combination that I got did not disappoint..

Here's the screen setup

the projector

Since my basement was fully finished already, I had no option but to run the cables into a raceway. I was initially concerned with interference since the power cable and the hdmi cable will be running side by side, but fortunately for me, the Rocelco HDMI are shielded and did not have any problem at all.

My source is a 320gb PS3, whose audio output I initially routed to my Transporter. Soon, I realized that the rest of the family will be using this system as well, and my daughters complained that operating is too complicated. I was also concerned that my 2 channel rig is at risk. So, on boxing day, I picked up an LG HT in a box and set it up in the same rack, but can be operated independent of my two channel setup.

My basement was prewired for surround speakers (ceiling mounted), so I just hooked up the wires.. I have an Energy center speaker from a previous HT setup, I used this to replace the center channel speaker that came with the HTIB, and imrpoved the sound quite a bit. I also resurrected  the Yamaha 8" powered sub from the same previous setup to augment the passive bass module of the LG, also with vast improvement in sound.

We use the HT much more than my 2 channel these days. I have added a few blu ray concert dvds and blu ray movies to my collection.

Gaming in 120" and surround sound can also be quite an expererience.  The PS3 Move is a cool thing, so with the shooting and driving stuff

In one of PS3's ad, Sony said it only does everything - and they're right. One cool feature we like is being able to use it as a receiver for Netflix. Not the best selection, but definitely a good thing to have.

There you have it folks, from two channel to HT... pampamilya

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #100 on: Mar 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM »
sir dimfer awesome update to compliment the already awesome two channel rig, remeber me? the guy who is applying to be your gardener just to get the chance to listen to your rig ;D ;D ;D

nice to see your into the MOVE thing too, i became addicted as well with Sports Champion table tennis and The Fight, both of which give me the chance to excercise regularly

congrats and good to see you back ;)
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline boogel

• Collector
  • i love the 70s...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: Mar 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM »
whoa! awesome... TL ako sa audio system nyo sir... :D

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #102 on: Mar 24, 2011 at 06:43 PM »
wow! :o

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 12:32 PM »
moved the Modwright Platinum Transporter to my second rig.

it is now

Transporter ---> Trodt 6c33c-b amps ---> Accentus A 101 speakers.

I have a Trodt Musika transformer coupled pre-amp (10Y) on hand, buy decided to keep this system minimalistic for now. This is a very musical setup and will challenge many main rigs. The speaker placement is not optimized because putting them too far from the wall will draw the ire of the one who must be obeyed  ;D

The tubes used for the Transporter are EML 5U4G and Tungsol Round Plates 6SN7's. I have two more pairs of the round plates, which might get used on the Trodt amps.. we'll see.

my 7 year old 50" Sony LCD started to have problems (screen turning green), we decided to ditch it in favor of a 50" LG Plasma 1080P. Why plasma, because they're dirt cheap at Costco, $647.99 plus taxes. The price of tv's has gone down considerably, cost me over $4k for a 50" Sony back in 2003. A little bit glary on bright sunny days, but very happy with it for the most part. One thing I noticed is since the new tv's screen is slimmer and closer to the wall, the glare on the sound of the two channel system has gone down. The system is setup in such a way that the sound can be played through the 2 channel rig, but can watch movies without it.

I use this system for non critical listening, when I just want to listen and not think about soundstaging and all that audiophile stuff. Since this is in the main floor and closer to our master bedroom, I usually play music at softer level, mostly jazzy vocals like Dianna Krall, Richard Clayderman, Kenny G & the like, as requested by the wife... don't get me wrong, if can also rock when called upon. The sound can fill up the 14' ceiling 30+ x 40+ ft room where it is located.

Changes also came into my main rig. Wanting to get a little bit more punch on the VR5's, I sold my Lamm Ref 1.2 and replaced it with Lamm M2.2. I am very happy the result, the itch of adding a pair of powered sub has been cured, permanently I hope. Going deeper into the digital world, I shipped my Nova Physics Memory Player back to Mark Porzilli last Nov. to get the software updated, hardware upgraded ( 2TB internal memory) and a 32 bit dac installed. The system is now programmed to automatically re-rip all files to 32/44.1, also fully potentiated to handle high res downloads. Most of the downloads are available in flac, I rerip it to 32/44 wav as well. The Modwright Transporter is better than most cd players I've heard, and this new NPMP is leaps and bounds above the Transporter, the digital harshness is totally gone and sounds very much like a well setup analog rig.

I also added a high definition digital cable receiver with a 1TB memory. Watching high def tv programs, renting movies and watching high def Pacquaio fight is totally a blast, and very convenient too. This and Netflix are keeping us entertained, without driving out in frigid winter weather... last movie we watched in theater was Pirates of Carribean, only because we wanted to have a night out with our daughters..

also added a Ferrari Scuderia wireless racing console
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011 at 12:41 PM by dimfer »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #104 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 01:21 PM »
Congratulations, Ding!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 08:11 PM »
thanks Jen. Musta na

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #106 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 09:22 PM »
Very nice! Congrats again sir dimfer!  8)

Lamm + Von's - haaay!  ;D

Offline scroombroo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:55 PM »
awesome HT system sir. Just wondering, which is more expensive, your arowanas or your HT setup?  :D

Offline bonjit

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Nov 19, 2011 at 03:45 PM »
Awesome setup, I wish I can go back as an audiophile, basically listening to just music instead of my blurays. more power to you and happy upgrading! 

Offline bassman

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #109 on: Nov 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM »
This is a dream setup, we are proud of you Chief!

Pwede bang dumalaw dyan sa inyo dala na lang kami ng Sisig ;D
Rotel RCD1072 RC1070, RB1070 Sonus Faber Concerto, Velodyne DD12

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 01:09 PM »
awesome HT system sir. Just wondering, which is more expensive, your arowanas or your HT setup?  :D

thanks

actually, my aquarium was more expensive than my audio system and my car for a while  8)

until I upgraded to the Lamm/Von Schweikert/NPMP in audio and a Porsche in auto  ;D

but then, kung arowana na magkamaling mag-breed, arowanas will be back on top  ;)

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 01:11 PM »
Very nice! Congrats again sir dimfer!  8)

Lamm + Von's - haaay!  ;D

thanks!

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 01:15 PM »
Awesome setup, I wish I can go back as an audiophile, basically listening to just music instead of my blurays. more power to you and happy upgrading! 

waiting for another pair of amps... and then maybe a pair of powered subs.. and then maybe tapos na ang upgrading

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 01:16 PM »
This is a dream setup, we are proud of you Chief!

Pwede bang dumalaw dyan sa inyo dala na lang kami ng Sisig ;D

dumalaw ka lang, sagot ko na rin ang sisig  8)

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 01:27 PM »
I would also like to report that the original bulb on my Epson projector went kaput at ~500 hours. Popped in the spare (free) bulb that came in with the purchase. I was pissed off, because these bulbs are supposed to last 4,000 hours, right? So, I fired a semi angry email to Richard Desjardins at Quebec Acoustics - who advised me to contact Epson Canada and complain that my bulb died before 500 hours. I did, after taking a few information - the customer service rep promised me that he will send a brand new bulb right away. To my pleasant surprise - a brand spanking new Epson bulb arrived in my office the following day...

Epson knows how to make their customers happy!

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #115 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 08:05 AM »
I would also like to report that the original bulb on my Epson projector went kaput at ~500 hours. Popped in the spare (free) bulb that came in with the purchase. I was pissed off, because these bulbs are supposed to last 4,000 hours, right? So, I fired a semi angry email to Richard Desjardins at Quebec Acoustics - who advised me to contact Epson Canada and complain that my bulb died before 500 hours. I did, after taking a few information - the customer service rep promised me that he will send a brand new bulb right away. To my pleasant surprise - a brand spanking new Epson bulb arrived in my office the following day...

Epson knows how to make their customers happy!
sana ganyan sa pinas  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #116 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 09:50 AM »
waiting for another pair of amps... and then maybe a pair of powered subs.. and then maybe tapos na ang upgrading

Mang Rod's GM70's I presume :)

Happy Holidays Ding!  Hope I get a chance to visit Alberta again and have enough spare time to visit Edmonton.  - John (desmo from wiredstate).
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #117 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 06:31 PM »
Happy new year!

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #118 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 08:05 PM »

Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline dimfer

• Collector
  • Eh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jan 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM »
Mang Rod's GM70's I presume :)

Happy Holidays Ding!  Hope I get a chance to visit Alberta again and have enough spare time to visit Edmonton.  - John (desmo from wiredstate).

Hi John,

will be my pleasure to host a kababayan fellow enthusiast.

yes, The Trodt Sikatuna GM70s have landed.