Author Topic: Low Voltage???  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Pagey1120

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Low Voltage???
« on: Dec 12, 2008 at 09:37 PM »
Hi,

May nae-experience ako minsan pag ino-on ko yung TV ko. My unit is a Panny 32LX77.

Pag i-non ko sya, green yung LED nya for a few seconds, tapos walang display - blank lang yun screen. Tapos yung LED magiging red na nagbi-blink. Blank pa din yung screen. Ang ginawa ko, i-noff ko via main switch sa taas.

Pag pindot ko uli ng main switch, mag o-on yung TV at andun na sya sa channel na pinag iwanan ko. Hindi sya dumaan sa standby mode.

Twice na nangyari ito eh. Symptom po ba ito ng low voltage?  ???

Nakasaksak yung TV ko sa 500w AVR. Pati yung PS3. Eh hindi naman naka-on yung PS3 ko nun...  ???

Offline Pagey1120

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Low Voltage???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 07:15 AM »
BUMP, may nakakaalam po ba kung ano kaya ang problem nito? Tatawag na ba ako dun sa pinagkunan ko ng unit or bili nalang muna ako ng 1000w AVR?

Bihira lang kasi sya mangyari eh, kaya siguro kahit dalhin ko to dun sa shop baka di rin makita ng tech.  :'(

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 01:09 AM »
Get a reliable volt meter, measure the voltage input and output of your AVR as you turn on the TV... :-\

Offline Pagey1120

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 11:42 PM »
How do I do that? Atsaka isa pa, bihira lang siya mangyari (actually nangyari na sya 2x today, ibig sabihin possible na lumala sya in the future), so ibig sabihin kada i-on ko ang tv ko eh mag susukat ako ng boltahe?

May sound nga pala yung TV kapag nangyayari yun... May sound lang pero walang display tapos mamamatay after mga 5 seconds. Tapos ayun mag bi-blink na ng mag bi-blink yun red LED.

Hindi kaya may problema sa panel or something? Pag pinatay ko sa main switch tapos i-non ko ulit ok na naman sya.

BTW my unit is still under warranty. I bought it off of Sir Vic from SnS April '08
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009 at 11:53 PM by Pagey1120 »

Offline el-el

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 03:25 AM »
You don't have to measure the voltage syempre everytime you turn on the TV. Just measure it once, and that's it. You can already tell if the voltage is too low or too high.

Try eliminating the AVR temporarily, and plug the TV directly sa wall socket (just for testing), to see kung yung AVR mo nga ang may kasalanan.

Offline Reefshark

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Ride on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 07:22 PM »
Any update on your unit?

Reason I asked is that I too have experienced it  :(  It also has happened twice but interval is very far from each other.  The 1st time it happened was early December '08 and the 2nd time was a couple of nights ago.

Its a bit scary... I turned on the tv and the light turns yellow green then while waiting for the picture to come up the light turns to red again and blinks 3 consecutive times then pause then 3 times again and so on.... but once you turn the unit off via main switch and turn it on again, it's back to normal.

My connection is as follows: outlet - AVR (omni 1500) - Bada - TV (Pana 32LX80).

Anyone know what causes this?

Offline Reefshark

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Ride on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM »
Since medyo na bobother ako with what happened to my LCD, I decided to call the shop I purchased it from.  The person I spoke with said i check daw nya king ano ibig sabihin nito and get back to me...

It's my avr daw that's causing this so better to change it with a better brand.  I'm thinking naman na Omni is not a bad brand and besides the LCD TV is auto volt (so low voltage is out of the question), not satisfied with their reply I checked with Panasonic Phils...

Panasonic Philippines tech person looked up what the "3 successive blinks" mean and informed me that it has got something to do with the connection board.  Asked me to check all connections to the tv and even offered to send a service personnel.  Since I'm at work now I said next time na lang and I'll check on the connections and observe the unit for now. This seems to be the most logical explanation to this as I do remember my wife complaining last december that the dvd output is monochrome, so the hdmi cable is suspect.   ;)   

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM »
I'm thinking naman na Omni is not a bad brand and besides the LCD TV is auto volt (so low voltage is out of the question), not satisfied with their reply I checked with Panasonic Phils...

I agree with you buds! ;) LCD's nowadays are auto volt already, therefore...low voltage cannot be the reason for what happened.

It's just funny how they can put the blame on the AVR when this has nothing to do with the unit, but to supply it with the correct power/voltage and "protect" it from sudden surge!

Moreover, why are they suggesting that you replace the OMNI? Are they saying that OMNI is not a good brand? I too have an OMNI AVR and the reason I got one is because of the good reviews that I have read here in PDVD. It is highly recommended by our gurus here who are also users of the product.