Author Topic: Panasonic 42PV8 or 37LX80?  (Read 3950 times)

Offline smurfy78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Panasonic 42PV8 or 37LX80?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 03:39 PM »
What are your usage %?
Cable TV? Console Gaming? PC Monitor? HD Contents?

Describe it sa Cable TV?

i had the same problem a couple of months ago. i ended up getting the 37lx80 instead. why? looks better because of the piano finish. power consumption is like 1/3 of the plasma. the 5" is not noticeable unless you move them next to each other. i won't have any problems to do the 100 hours break-in.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #31 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 03:09 AM »
hi sir,

i based the power consumption from the panasonic website.

PV8
http://www.panasonic.com.ph/web/pid/5753/Spec

pv8 is 335watts for normal usage. also just to add, i read somewhere before that plasma consumes 800w or more for the 1st 15 minutes of use.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 07:54 AM »
hi sir,

PV8

pv8 is 335watts for normal usage. also just to add, i read somewhere before that plasma consumes 800w or more for the 1st 15 minutes of use.

I doubt that. My plasma used to be plugged into a 620va UPS (probably less than 400w). Dapat nag overload alarm yon.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 08:19 AM »
hi sir,

PV8

That's maximum power draw which is not constant in the case of plasma and LCD.  Manood ka ng puro madilim sa madilim na room and at very low picture settings then lalabas pang matipid pa sa LCD ang Plasma.   Ang relevance lang ng data na yan is that your electric line should be able to supply that much power with sufficient tolerance not only for your house's safety but also for the equipment's.  Para ring PSU unit ng PC.  Yes I think Plasma would likely consume more power during the 1st few minutes, but 800W for a PV8 for 15 minutes?    Yung ganyang klaseng spike happens only for AC motors within very few milliseconds hence overcurrent or thermal overload relays are provided sa electric switchboard.   Even the 65V does not reach that high.  Baka yung 103V pa.

Look for "annual power consumption" because that study is based on actual usage over a fixed period of time that other Japanese makers are also following as standard.  Yun ang mas madaling gauge ng babayaran mo sa Meralco or whoever is your electric utility company.  It seems sa Japan lang sila nag-pu-publish ng ganon data.

Im using a 50V full HD plasma and a 37 inch LCD.  Di ko makita effect ng isa't-isa sa kWh reading ko monthly.  But if I use aircon or electric heater kahit sandali lang, dun ako pulbos.

« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2009 at 08:20 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 09, 2009 at 01:13 AM »
I doubt that. My plasma used to be plugged into a 620va UPS (probably less than 400w). Dapat nag overload alarm yon.

ah ganun ba yun? this is good to know. i'm using a 1000w avr for my 42pv70 kasi i'm afraid to add any other component into that avr dahil i thought the spike to 800w was true.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 09, 2009 at 01:41 AM »
That's maximum power draw which is not constant in the case of plasma and LCD.  Manood ka ng puro madilim sa madilim na room and at very low picture settings then lalabas pang matipid pa sa LCD ang Plasma.   Ang relevance lang ng data na yan is that your electric line should be able to supply that much power with sufficient tolerance not only for your house's safety but also for the equipment's.  Para ring PSU unit ng PC.  Yes I think Plasma would likely consume more power during the 1st few minutes, but 800W for a PV8 for 15 minutes?    Yung ganyang klaseng spike happens only for AC motors within very few milliseconds hence overcurrent or thermal overload relays are provided sa electric switchboard.   Even the 65V does not reach that high.  Baka yung 103V pa.

Look for "annual power consumption" because that study is based on actual usage over a fixed period of time that other Japanese makers are also following as standard.  Yun ang mas madaling gauge ng babayaran mo sa Meralco or whoever is your electric utility company.  It seems sa Japan lang sila nag-pu-publish ng ganon data.

Im using a 50V full HD plasma and a 37 inch LCD.  Di ko makita effect ng isa't-isa sa kWh reading ko monthly.  But if I use aircon or electric heater kahit sandali lang, dun ako pulbos.

this is good information sir. as a regular consumer, i do my research by basing the specs on the website. prior to getting the 37 lcd, i have a 42" plasma which added approximately P500 to my average electricity bill which lead me to believe that it was the plasma causing this(it replaced a 32" bravia which was moved to a different house). Last year, when i got to a point where I have to dispose of an old crt, i had to choose between the 37lx80 and the 42pv8. i chose the lcd and im using the lcd more frequently and i noticed that my bill became was what it used to be. maybe it's just psychological.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #36 on: Mar 09, 2009 at 02:46 AM »
this is good information sir. as a regular consumer, i do my research by basing the specs on the website. prior to getting the 37 lcd, i have a 42" plasma which added approximately P500 to my average electricity bill which lead me to believe that it was the plasma causing this(it replaced a 32" bravia which was moved to a different house). Last year, when i got to a point where I have to dispose of an old crt, i had to choose between the 37lx80 and the 42pv8. i chose the lcd and im using the lcd more frequently and i noticed that my bill became was what it used to be. maybe it's just psychological.

LG 32PC5RA rated at 240 watts (according to back sticker  :P )

Brand/Model                           Standby      In Use (Average) Peak     

LG 32PC5RA (Custom setting)      15W      50W to 70W      120W     
LG 32PC5RA (Game setting)        15W       65W to 80W      135W     

read more at Power Consumption of A/V Gears
ninjababez online ..