Author Topic: Polk Audio Rti Series  (Read 187095 times)

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2011 at 02:01 PM »
Sorry bro but I'll have to leave it to the others to comment between the two since I never auditioned the TSi series.   I've a question though: do you already have a subwoofer or are you leaving it out?
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline plapoy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2011 at 03:19 PM »
Audition it bro...Also we have lots of owners of A3 - A6 here and A3 - A4 here. Ask them for feedback.. I'm sure they are as happy as me with this combo.. :)..

+1  ;D

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #452 on: May 28, 2011 at 09:56 AM »
Go for something more powerful to bring out the dynamic contrast in music. Check out the Dayton DTA-100a and equivalents (or higher).

Sir Stagea,

What about the DTA-1?
My HT area is only about 3x3.5m
(",)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 812
« Reply #453 on: May 28, 2011 at 10:07 AM »
Sir Stagea,

What about the DTA-1?
(",)

DTA-1 is only 12 watts per channel and is on the bright side, it needs to be paired with a warm sounding speaker. It also lacks in the bass performance. It's a very tiny amp though, it'll almost fit in your pocket (without the power adapter of course).
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: May 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM »
DTA-1 is only 12 watts per channel and is on the bright side, it needs to be paired with a warm sounding speaker. It also lacks in the bass performance. It's a very tiny amp though, it'll almost fit in your pocket (without the power adapter of course).

Thanks Sir Conan!
Good point, Mejo bright pa naman Yung RTi.

So between the DTA-1 and Tripath Ta2020-20, mas match Yung Tripath with RTi?
(",) Tama ba?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #455 on: May 28, 2011 at 10:23 AM »
tsi500 + cs20
vs
rti a5 + csi a4

Unless you have very special needs, I suggest going for the latter. The higher series speaker will almost always sound better (granted that your gear matches them).

Sir Stagea,

What about the DTA-1?
(",)

The reason why I said higher is because the lower models may sound good with some tracks, but they clearly lack weight and dynamics with others (especially at elevated levels). Listen to it and decide if it works for you.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: May 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM »
Thanks Sir Conan!

(",) Tama ba?

Pareho pong Tripath yan. Kaya sila tinawag na "T-Amp." Magkaiba lang ng model number yung laman.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: May 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM »
Thanks Sir Conan!

(",) Tama ba?

I haven't listened to the TA 2020-20. Try asking Capital 1 if the sound is similar to the bigger TP 60 amp.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: May 28, 2011 at 01:55 PM »
Mga Sir I have a DTA-1.. Ginagamit ko minsan with my A3.. For me ok naman yung quality nung t-amp considering na 12w per channel lang sya.. mas detail yung sound at malakas sya for its size. though you need to crank the volume up to 12 o'clock para makuha ko yung right volume kasi open yung living room namin... pero if nasa room naman mas mababa po siguro..

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: May 28, 2011 at 03:12 PM »
Mga Sir I have a DTA-1.. Ginagamit ko minsan with my A3.. For me ok naman yung quality nung t-amp considering na 12w per channel lang sya.. mas detail yung sound at malakas sya for its size. though you need to crank the volume up to 12 o'clock para makuha ko yung right volume kasi open yung living room namin... pero if nasa room naman mas mababa po siguro..

Thanks for the info dude!

I went ahead and got from Capital 1 a TA2020-20.
Biggest approval factor in choice was I was able to audition because I lived nearby.
Hehe..
I'm very happy with it though.
When I brought it home, I initially used my Media player with it. However I found it to sound a bit thin, but more detailed than my Onkyo 509.
I almost felt that I should have gotten the bigger amp. But when I got curious about the included cable (RCA to mini), I hooked it up to my MacBook Pro and the sound was great!
Now I'm really happy with it. I got it for just 3+k, but it feels like i could have paid more for the sound improvement I am experiencing.

Btw, I got to listen to the bigger version, and wow! Tama Si Sir Conan! Galing Ng sound detail.

Will include that in my list when we move to a bigger place in the future.

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: May 28, 2011 at 04:44 PM »
Thanks for the info dude!

I went ahead and got from Capital 1 a TA2020-20.
Biggest approval factor in choice was I was able to audition because I lived nearby.
Hehe..
I'm very happy with it though.
When I brought it home, I initially used my Media player with it. However I found it to sound a bit thin, but more detailed than my Onkyo 509.
I almost felt that I should have gotten the bigger amp. But when I got curious about the included cable (RCA to mini), I hooked it up to my MacBook Pro and the sound was great!
Now I'm really happy with it. I got it for just 3+k, but it feels like i could have paid more for the sound improvement I am experiencing.

Btw, I got to listen to the bigger version, and wow! Tama Si Sir Conan! Galing Ng sound detail.

Will include that in my list when we move to a bigger place in the future.

No prob sir  ;) congrats sa new t-amp nyo.. tama kayo mas maganda talaga yung mas mataas na version.. ;) i'm planning to buy the big brother t-amp siguro pag mi pre-amp na ako.. balak ko kasi bi-amp.. ;D

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: May 28, 2011 at 08:35 PM »
No prob sir  ;) congrats sa new t-amp nyo.. tama kayo mas maganda talaga yung mas mataas na version.. ;) i'm planning to buy the big brother t-amp siguro pag mi pre-amp na ako.. balak ko kasi bi-amp.. ;D

@plapoy:

Sobrang ganda nung big bro na TA2022, I couldn't forget it..
So I went back and got it na!

Haha..
Pa-bday ko na Lang sa sarili!

Been listening to music all evening with wifey..
Dagdag romantic points pa!
Hehehe..

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: May 28, 2011 at 08:40 PM »
@plapoy:

Haha..

Hehehe..

Ha-ha, that was fast! It makes your speakers sound big due to it's power right?  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: May 29, 2011 at 01:35 AM »
No prob sir  ;) congrats sa new t-amp nyo.. tama kayo mas maganda talaga yung mas mataas na version.. ;) i'm planning to buy the big brother t-amp siguro pag mi pre-amp na ako.. balak ko kasi bi-amp.. ;D

Kung passive biamp ang balak mo, the amps should be of equivalent voltage capability (unless you're current limited) para hindi sayang. The reason is that the weaker amp will clip before the stronger amp, since it is still amplifying the entire spectrum (unfiltered input).

Kung active biamp, okay lang na very different ang capability ng amps na gagamitin.

Just a tip: When looking at these small T-Amps, check out the power supply voltage if you're not aware of the model numbers. Typically, those that take in higher voltages (24V, 30V, etc.) are much more powerful than those that take in lower voltages (14V, 12V, etc.).

To those who had some experience with mobile audio, I'm sure you know the difference in dynamics between a head-unit powered system and a system powered by a more capable amplifier. The T-amps that run input feeds below 15V are about as strong as an unassisted car head unit. It can still sound good at moderate levels and/or with simple material (vocals, solos, etc.), but it will lack the weight, punch, effortlessness and dynamic capability of the stronger amp in more demanding conditions (unless you have very sensitive speakers).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011 at 01:48 AM by Stagea »

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: May 29, 2011 at 05:07 AM »
Ha-ha, that was fast! It makes your speakers sound big due to it's power right?  ;D

Yup! That is true!

Also, what Dennis showed me is that even in low volumes, the detail and punch is still there!
(",)

Even for the additional price, still worth more than I paid for in SQ.

Been comparing iPhone, media player and MBPro, manipis talaga yung first two compared to the MBPro.
May DAC ba ito na built in? Or is their sound card just good.

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: May 29, 2011 at 05:20 AM »
New scenario guys: assuming that there will be no upgrade path for me, which is better between the two combos:

tsi500 + cs20

vs

rti a5 + csi a4

Nagbebenta ba ng tsi500 kay sir avshop if ever?

Oo mayroon. AVShop in Kalayaan also offers the TSi500. I think they have an almost complete line of Polk Audio speakers.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: May 29, 2011 at 07:53 AM »
@plapoy:

Haha..

Hehehe..

Nice sir.. haha.. ang bilis ng hapgreyd..  :D.. mas lalabas ang ganda ng tunog ng RTI jan..

Kung passive biamp ang balak mo, the amps should be of equivalent voltage capability (unless you're current limited) para hindi sayang. The reason is that the weaker amp will clip before the stronger amp, since it is still amplifying the entire spectrum (unfiltered input).

Kung active biamp, okay lang na very different ang capability ng amps na gagamitin.

Just a tip: When looking at these small T-Amps, check out the power supply voltage if you're not aware of the model numbers. Typically, those that take in higher voltages (24V, 30V, etc.) are much more powerful than those that take in lower voltages (14V, 12V, etc.).

To those who had some experience with mobile audio, I'm sure you know the difference in dynamics between a head-unit powered system and a system powered by a more capable amplifier. The T-amps that run input feeds below 15V are about as strong as an unassisted car head unit. It can still sound good at moderate levels and/or with simple material (vocals, solos, etc.), but it will lack the weight, punch, effortlessness and dynamic capability of the stronger amp in more demanding conditions (unless you have very sensitive speakers).

Salamat sa input sir Stagea.. this is very helpful on my part since newbie pa din ako sa mga gears.. for now i'm aiming to complete my RTI setup muna.. (A6+A1 na lang hehe.. ;D) then.. saka ko babalikan yan t-amp for pure audio naman.. ;)

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 05:04 PM »
Nice sir.. haha.. ang bilis ng hapgreyd..  :D.. mas lalabas ang ganda ng tunog ng RTI jan..

Hehe.. Nakakainis kasi nung Saturday afternoon..
I was listening to the TA2020-20 tapos etong tanong na ito ang nag-linger sa thoughts ko: "What if?"
Hahaha..

Yup! Buong-buo yung audio na naririnig ko with the Topping 60.
No more "what-if's?"...

..for now! (Yikes!)

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 05:31 PM »
My A3+A6+DSW660 set is probably broken in by now, and I can honestly say I'm hearing things I've not heard before.  Galing!
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline arcbodom

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • the sound of silence...
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Jun 22, 2011 at 06:28 PM »
Polk Rti A3 + Yaqin VK2100 <=== panalong panalo sound  ;D 1st time ko marinig na ganito kaganda tunog ng A3s.   :o
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2011 at 06:29 PM by arcbodom »

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Jun 22, 2011 at 07:41 PM »
Polk Rti A3 + Yaqin VK2100 <=== panalong panalo sound  ;D 1st time ko marinig na ganito kaganda tunog ng A3s.   :o

Nice sir arcbodom... congrats.. ;) by the way.. how bout the power consumption of it?.. malakas din po ba?

Offline arcbodom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Jun 22, 2011 at 08:16 PM »
@ Plapoy: Sir, wala pa po akong power meter pro interesado ako malaman consumption nito. Pag nakakuha ko ng omni watt meter, post ko agad un kinokonsumo ng hybrid amp.   ;)

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Jun 22, 2011 at 08:24 PM »
@ Plapoy: Sir, wala pa po akong power meter pro interesado ako malaman consumption nito. Pag nakakuha ko ng omni watt meter, post ko agad un kinokonsumo ng hybrid amp.   ;)

ok sir salamat po.. by the way sent you pm. :D

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 09:40 AM »

Hi Afi, i'm happy you liked the Yaqin VK2100, naisalpak mo narin ba yung tube buffer?

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #474 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 01:13 PM »

Brader meron ako power meter. Pahiram ko sayo sa isang kondisyon... Peram din ng VK2100, hehehe, joke.
PM mo lang ako brader pahiram ko sayo, belair drive lang ako  ;D

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 03:09 PM »
Brader meron ako power meter. Pahiram ko sayo sa isang kondisyon... Peram din ng VK2100, hehehe, joke.

haha.. nice sir louie.. kaw na lang magtetest sa bahay nyo?.. hehe..

Offline arcbodom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 06:42 PM »
Hi Afi, i'm happy you liked the Yaqin VK2100, naisalpak mo narin ba yung tube buffer?

yup, nakasalpak un tube buffer sa NMT ko, very noticeable nga un difference lalu na sa vocals =)
salamat sa magagandang items bro ;)

ayun naman pala e, hehe, sure.. cge PM kita bro kung kelan ako free.  :)

Offline stan1196

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #477 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 06:50 PM »
yup, nakasalpak un tube buffer sa NMT ko, very noticeable nga un difference lalu na sa vocals =)
salamat sa magagandang items bro ;)

mga braders, sama ako dyan... :)
Aiyima Rotel CD11 Tribute Focal Chora 806 QED XT125

Offline arcbodom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Jun 23, 2011 at 07:50 PM »

siyempre bro kasama ka.  :)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #479 on: Jun 24, 2011 at 06:58 AM »

Mga brader, mamayang gabi kung pwede kayo libre ako mga 8pm onwards. Brader arcbodom dalhin na lang namin ni brader Stan dyan sa house mo yung power meter para marinig ko din yung napakagandang VK2100+A3 combo mo  ;D