Author Topic: Atheism/Agnosticism in the Philippines  (Read 79962 times)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Atheism/Agnosticism in the Philippines
« Reply #930 on: May 01, 2010 at 09:40 PM »

buhay pa rin kaya si elvis presley? si michaeljackson? who killed jfk ?

Baka nasa Area 51 silang lahat ...  8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010 at 11:21 AM by barrister »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #931 on: Aug 02, 2010 at 11:40 AM »
I think this was the thread were creationism v. evolutionism was discussed. Here's an interesting article on a British man who, based on scientific data, was discovered to be related to Cheddar Man, a link that spans 300 generations and 9000 years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/the-family-link-that-reaches-back-300-generations-to-a-cheddar-cave-1271542.html

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #932 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 09:40 AM »
I consider myself an Atheist. If I wasn't before I arrived in the Philippines I certainly would be after I see how the church has helped crap up this country. You have a church that preaches morals but clearly lacks any. You have a church that preaches to love one another but hoards the wealth and builds bigger and more grotesque churches so that it can dominate the area. You have a church that preaches family values yet it's priests screw any thing under the age of 12 whilst the pope does his beast to cover  it up, oh and a Pope who admitted being a Nazi during the war using the same rationale that EVERY Nazi uses when caught, "they made me do it" So yes I'm an Atheist and proud of it.
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #933 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 10:52 AM »
Is there room for levity in the big talk thread? Let's see.

"I'm going to create man and woman with original sin. Then I'm going to impregnate a woman with myself as her child, so that I can be born in human form. Once alive, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself. To save you from the sin I originally condemned you to. Ta dah!"

God - master of logic since the beginning of time.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #934 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 11:06 AM »

"I'm going to create man and woman with original sin. Then I'm going to impregnate a woman with myself as her child, so that I can be born in human form. Once alive, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself. To save you from the sin I originally condemned you to. Ta dah!"

One thing for sure... God's mind and logic is too much better than ours. God is not bound by any limitation... As a Creator He can do whatever He wants to His creation and we must be thankful that the Creator died for His creation.

How about us are we ready to die for whatever we create?
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #935 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 11:23 AM »
One thing for sure... God's mind and logic is too much better than ours.
If that is so—what makes you so sure of what you say about God?

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #936 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 11:33 AM »
I consider myself an Atheist. If I wasn't before I arrived in the Philippines I certainly would be after I see how the church has helped crap up this country. You have a church that preaches morals but clearly lacks any. You have a church that preaches to love one another but hoards the wealth and builds bigger and more grotesque churches so that it can dominate the area. You have a church that preaches family values yet it's priests screw any thing under the age of 12 whilst the pope does his beast to cover  it up, oh and a Pope who admitted being a Nazi during the war using the same rationale that EVERY Nazi uses when caught, "they made me do it" So yes I'm an Atheist and proud of it.

I would like just to confirm what made you an atheist. You became an atheist because of what you have seen in the church? What if you have not seen anything to make you an atheist? Would you be an atheist now?

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
« Reply #937 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 01:20 PM »
I was never very religious but I believed in God. But seen and experienced to much crap to believe in God now and certainly not the church. Don't get me wrong I believe in Jesus as a person, a man who went thru so much but your church has defiled his memory and certainly his teachings. What I have experienced in the 2 years I have been living in Cebu lines of (supposedly humble) nuns queuing to get their hands on mac Book Airs and I,Phone 3GS's in Apple shop in Ayala, a church hospital refusing entry for the poor so that rich councilors to stay there. The nuns/ nurses there were all carrying Mac Books under their arms. This has been seen personally by myself. Christian aid charity telling starving Ethiopians that unless they convert to Christianity they will not give food or medications (that were donated by the public in the UK) You wonder why their missionaries (or rather mercenaries) are kidnapped and murdered by tribal chiefs. The Roman Catholic church is run by a bunch of thieves and whores who sully the name of Jesus Christ.
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 02:04 PM »

The reason why they sound illogical is because they really are illogical.

I'm going to create man and woman with original sin. -

The term "original sin" is not biblical.  There's no such term in the bible.  Don't confuse Catholicism with Christianity.

Then I'm going to impregnate a woman with myself as her child, so that I can be born in human form. -

The Father and the Son are not one and the same.  The "Holy Trinity" is Catholic doctrine.  But it's not biblical. 

Once alive, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself. -

The Father and the Son are not one and the same.

To save you from the sin I originally condemned you to.

No such thing as "original sin".  Your sins are your own fault.

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #939 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 06:47 PM »
I was never very religious but I believed in God. But seen and experienced to much crap to believe in God now and certainly not the church. Don't get me wrong I believe in Jesus as a person, a man who went thru so much but your church has defiled his memory and certainly his teachings. What I have experienced in the 2 years I have been living in Cebu lines of (supposedly humble) nuns queuing to get their hands on mac Book Airs and I,Phone 3GS's in Apple shop in Ayala, a church hospital refusing entry for the poor so that rich councilors to stay there. The nuns/ nurses there were all carrying Mac Books under their arms. This has been seen personally by myself. Christian aid charity telling starving Ethiopians that unless they convert to Christianity they will not give food or medications (that were donated by the public in the UK) You wonder why their missionaries (or rather mercenaries) are kidnapped and murdered by tribal chiefs. The Roman Catholic church is run by a bunch of thieves and whores who sully the name of Jesus Christ.

I too believed in God but not religious because I believe that relationship with God is a personal matter. That is why I am not affected by those nuns,priests, church because they too have a personal relationship, and will not judge them based on their actions since it is between them and God. So i really dont care about what they do.If you see the life of Christ, he acknowledged the house of God(got mad at those money changers), but did not acknowledge those priests of the church. So I go to church to have a personal relationship with God.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #940 on: Sep 25, 2010 at 06:00 PM »
I found a Facebook group for Pinoy atheists:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=39660416103

Apparently, there are at least 443 Filipino atheists.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #941 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 07:57 PM »

Offline aHobbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 04:13 AM »
Here is an antidote:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=207601

Blinded with 'science'
Atheist's worst nightmare takes apart Hawking's 'design' flaws

Everything – created from nothing? The assertion begged a reply from the author of "Nothing Created Everything: The Scientific Impossibility of Atheistic Evolution."

"It is embarrassingly unscientific to speak of anything creating itself from nothing," said Ray Comfort, a best-selling author and acclaimed minister who's confronted and confounded some of the world's most accomplished atheists. "Common sense says that if something possessed the ability to create itself from nothing, then that something wasn't nothing; it was something – a very intelligent creative power of some sort."

Hawking commits several "greater fallacies of logic," says Comfort.

"Hawking has violated the unspoken rules of atheism," he said. "He isn't supposed to use words like 'create' or even 'made.' They necessitate a creator and a maker. Neither is he supposed to let out that the essence of atheism is to believe that nothing created everything, because it's unthinking. It confirms the title of another book I wrote, called 'You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, but You Can't Make Him Think.'"

Comfort continues his dissection: "Nor should an atheist speak of gravity as being a 'law,' because that also denotes the axiom of a Law-giver. Laws don't happen by themselves. But look at how careless the professor was with his, 'The Big Bang was the result of the inevitable laws of physics and did not need God to spark the creation of the Universe.'"

Philosopher Roger Scruton noted that same carelessness in a recent edition of the Wall Street Journal.

"If Mr. Hawking is right, the answer to the question 'What created the universe?' is 'the laws of physics.' But what created the laws of physics? How is it that these strange and powerful laws, and these laws alone, apply to the world?" Scruton asks.

The apparent contradictions even caught the attention of the Huffington Post's Ervin Laszlo.

"To answer 'why' our universe 'created itself' the way it did is beyond science. To say that it did so spontaneously is not an answer: It's an excuse for an answer," said Laszlo, who's described as a "systems philosopher and integral theorist."

"When Hawking says that the spontaneous self-creation of the universe 'out of nothing' is evidence that a creator was not involved, he is not speaking as a scientist," Lazlo continued. "He is not making a scientific statement. His statement is pure theology – of the negative kind typical of atheists. To deny the existence of a transcendental creator is just as much an act of faith as to affirm it."

Still, many commenting on Hawking's writings predict that few esteemed peers will critically examine his exclusion of a creator in the creation process.

Brian Melton, an author and assistant professor at Liberty University, wrote in Intellectual Conservative, "In the end, I have no doubt that Hawking's statements will settle little, if any, of the debate. … True believers in Scientism will accept anything he says that removes God from the picture with little to no critical evaluation, because they believe such statements to be inherently axiomatic, and those who disagree (myself included) won't be satisfied until the bigger questions that Hawking is apparently avoiding are at least put on the table for honest debate."

Comfort's career solidifies his penchant for debate. He famously challenged celebrity atheist Richard Dawkins to a debate and threw in $10,000 – no matter the outcome – as an enticement (Dawkins countered he'd participate for $100,000).

Comfort also created an international storm of angry protest from the atheist community in 2009 by giving out 170,000 copies of Charles Darwin's "Origin of Species" to 170,000 students at 100 of the top universities in the United States, England, Australia and New Zealand.

The outrage? The book contained a 50-page foreword, in which Comfort made the case for creationism.

"Both men can easily find the mind of God and through it see how we were created: 'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth,' something of which we were reminded when the first manned mission to the moon read from Genesis chapter one," Comfort said. "We need to read it again."

Young people especially need to read it, Comfort said.

"This generation is having an atheist revival, because they have been fed the lie that atheism is intelligent, when it's obviously not," he said. "We are hoping that this series of books will give them the perspective they are missing."

He also said he knows what won't be missing is the "obligatory resistance."

"No doubt there will be opposition to the series, because atheists are afraid of their core beliefs being exposed," he said. "That's why they tried to stop us giving out Darwin's book and flooded Amazon and gave my books low reviews. No one likes to be seen as a fool, but that's what they are."

Psalm 14:1 / 53:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Letter to the Roman Christians - Chapter 1

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2010 at 04:16 AM by aHobbit »
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #943 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 04:33 AM »

Don't confuse Catholicism with Christianity.

8)

The Father and the Son are not one and the same.  The "Holy Trinity" is Catholic doctrine.  But it's not biblical.  

Indeed, Holy Trinity is not expressly indicated in the Bible. However, the concept of Trinity was demonstrated in the Bible. Though, I have reservation on the conventional interpretation of how the Trinity "exists or operates". I can only say, it is beyond my human understanding. They are distinct appearances to man! My thought is that He could shown Himself to man through more than three distinct expression - though He choose on His own wisdom to do it in three. What can I say?

No such thing as "original sin".  Your sins are your own fault.

From the biblical standpoint, there is no such mention of original sin. However, the Bible speaks of the sin that entered the world through Adam, and which was passed to all Adamic descendants - the proof: your physical death (being part & parcel of the punishment)!

Of course, you may blame Adam for the punishment you have now in the form of physical death - BUT you can not blame him for your own faults!  ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2010 at 04:37 AM by aHobbit »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 10:52 AM »
The article you posted is from World Net Daily, a viciously right wing site filled with people who still think Obama is a secret Muslim terrorist born in Kenya. So that tosses your article's credibility out the window.

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Oct 03, 2010 at 02:51 PM »
The article you posted is from World Net Daily, a viciously right wing site filled with people who still think Obama is a secret Muslim terrorist born in Kenya. So that tosses your article's credibility out the window.

The WND article quotes the book in review written by Ray Comfort.

Even you put the majority or all of those that sides with Hawkins and let them explain the making of everything from nothing will make one wonder if they are scientists or preachers  ;D. Even a small child can know the flaws of these scientists' science by asking "what started the first existence?" - THEY DON'T HAVE ANSWERS! ALL THEY HAVE ARE EXCUSES! That is, if all the likes of Hawkins agree with him  ;D  ;D !

In the same way that WND is rightist by today's western media - demonizing at most Israel's existence - does not necessarily put them into a solid pronouncement of being untrue. In fact, it has been shown that none have been proven otherwise - the mainstream media (in a possible conspiracy) is just lumping things and labeling as a whole (propaganda)!

It is always easy to make excuses ... than answering the obvious question ... that at the end of the day, you know the likes of these people will not really dare to think and reason in a "scientific" or logical/reasonable manner.

A conspiracy by the majority is still a conspiracy - a lie believed, even by the majority will always be a lie! And no amount of apologetics can make a lie closer to truth! Time will make the judgment ... but time is not yet through at the moment!

And when time is up ... to show the judgment ... it is you who is better tossed out of the window!  ;D  ;D  ;D just because you did not dare to think and just believed blindly!

ciao
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2010 at 02:54 PM by aHobbit »

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Oct 03, 2010 at 03:06 PM »
another potential jubilating point for the leftists  :D

Could 'Goldilocks' planet be just right for life?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_sc/us_sci_new_earths

WASHINGTON – Astronomers say they have for the first time spotted a planet beyond our own in what is sometimes called the Goldilocks zone for life: Not too hot, not too cold. Juuuust right.

Not too far from its star, not too close. So it could contain liquid water. The planet itself is neither too big nor too small for the proper surface, gravity and atmosphere.

It's just right. Just like Earth.

"This really is the first Goldilocks planet," said co-discoverer R. Paul Butler of the Carnegie Institution of Washington.

Another leap to the advancement of science & discovery  :D  :D

... that at the end of the discovery, when all the smokes cleared out, will be added to the proof of God's existence  ;D  ;D

Then ... we will welcome more excuses!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2010 at 03:08 PM by aHobbit »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #947 on: Oct 03, 2010 at 06:15 PM »
... that at the end of the discovery, when all the smokes cleared out, will be added to the proof of God's existence  ;D  ;D

Then ... we will welcome more excuses!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

No need to wait.  Based on a Discovery Channel's special about astronomy in relation to the Goldilocks idea, among other ideas on how life began and is sustained, the greatest discovery in astronomy is the idea that we came from (exploded) STARS.   ;)    Just watched it yesterday afternoon in high def.   ;D

And since it takes billions of years for a star to die, considering that it took man less than a century to reach the moon, then man has more than enough time to just find other Goldilocks planets created by other exploded stars.   ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2010 at 06:21 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Oct 03, 2010 at 10:13 PM »

Indeed, Holy Trinity is not expressly indicated in the Bible. ...

...From the biblical standpoint, there is no such mention of original sin. ...

Part of the discipline in studying scripture is that unbiblical terminologies should be avoided.

If it's OK to use the terms "Holy Trinity" and "Original Sin" even if they are unbiblical, why bother studying the bible?  Puwede naman pala ang kahit na ano, e.

Indeed, Holy Trinity is not expressly indicated in the Bible. ...

Ever heard of the Comma Johanneum?

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 09:53 AM »
No need to wait.  Based on a Discovery Channel's special about astronomy in relation to the Goldilocks idea, among other ideas on how life began and is sustained, the greatest discovery in astronomy is the idea that we came from (exploded) STARS.   ;)    Just watched it yesterday afternoon in high def.   ;D

That's the problem of premature jubilation among toxic scientists (scientist that has no other answers except excuses!  ;D ) and leftists  ;D  ;D - no proof to offer yet, and yet behave as if they have proven their point!  ;D  ;D   ;D

Like evolution that enters today's height of science & discovery, what happened is not the trickling of evidences, but rather the reduction of it, as expose of its previous evidences were brought to light!  ;D   ;D

What did you watch - the proof?  ;D  ;D - nah! the IDEA it is, but kaput of proof! What a preacher lot you are! Better show us the proof of life!  ;D  ;D  ;D  than merely preaching your idea of those goldilocks! (excuses! excuses!)

And since it takes billions of years for a star to die, considering that it took man less than a century to reach the moon, then man has more than enough time to just find other Goldilocks planets created by other exploded stars.   ;D

Excuses will never run out from these lot!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Now the big bang is a toxin among the toxics & leftists nowadays - because nobody from the toxics can answer the question "WHAT CAUSED THE BIG BANG?" and nobody from them will ever dare to think about it! What they have is not proof - BUT EXCUSES! Beats me!  ;D

NEXT SERMON FROM THE LEFTISTS PLEASE!  ;D ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:13 AM by aHobbit »

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 10:05 AM »

Part of the discipline in studying scripture is that unbiblical terminologies should be avoided.

If it's OK to use the terms "Holy Trinity"

I myself am having reservation  :) on the use of Holy Trinity if that is your point of argument - I have no problem with that! But it does not remove the fact the God has shown Himself in the Bible in three distinct personality  :) - and as I said - He can do so more than three if He choose to!  :o

... "Original Sin" even if they are unbiblical, why bother studying the bible?  Puwede naman pala ang kahit na ano, e.

What the RC termed Original Sin - that I do not know! What the Bible said in Romans is basically

"Through Adam sin entered into the world, and so death by sin, and this death was passed upon all men!"

From the above, the consequences of Adam's sin was passed on to us! That is, we will all die! So we share on Adam's penalty! We got his genes of sinfulness!  ;D ;D

Our faith does not have the term Original Sin!  ;)

Ever heard of the Comma Johanneum?

I read some part of it just now  ;) ... but to me, and my personal take on the matter ... it is irrelevant to me based on how I acknowledge His existence.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010 at 01:20 PM by aHobbit »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 03:25 PM »

What the RC termed Original Sin - that I do not know! What the Bible said in Romans is basically

"Through Adam sin entered into the world, and so death by sin, and this death was passed upon all men!"

From the above, the consequences of Adam's sin was passed on to us! That is, we will all die! So we share on Adam's penalty! We got his genes of sinfulness!  ;D ;D

Our faith does not have the term Original Sin!  ;)

I see.  I thought you were Roman Catholic.

Yes, it's true that the bible says sin entered the world through Adam.  Romans 5:17 says;

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—

However, the concept is different for some religions such as Roman Catholicism.

Here's an article (wih nihil obstat and imprimatur) about infant baptism:

Since the New Testament era, the Catholic Church has always understood baptism differently, teaching that it is a sacrament which accomplishes several things, the first of which is the remission of sin, both original sin and actual sin—only original sin in the case of infants and young children, since they are incapable of actual sin; and both original and actual sin in the case of older persons.
http://www.catholic.com/library/Infant_Baptism.asp

For the Catholic faith, infants are born with original sin, but it's a sin that can be washed away by baptism.  That's why they believe infants should be baptized as soon as possible, so that in case the infant sudenly dies, he will die free from original sin.

As you know, that concept is not biblical.

================================

As for the "Trinity", the proper biblical term is "Godhead", a term that is very seldomly used in Roman Catholicism.

It's essential to understand the term "Godhead" as used in the bible before you can see what's wrong with the Roman Catholic concept of "Holy Trinity".

For example, Collosians 2:9 says, referring to Jesus:

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010 at 03:36 PM by barrister »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 08:13 PM »
Science may not have all the answers but it does not invalidate its findings and discoveries.

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #953 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 10:53 AM »

I see.  I thought you were Roman Catholic.

I am RC before ... more devout than others here who profess they are  :) ... and I know many dogmas of the RC ... which is not really being propagated by the RC church!  ;D  ;D  ;D ... baka mag-alisan ang mga members nila!

Here's an article (wih nihil obstat and imprimatur) about infant baptism:

Baptism is not a biblical sacrament ... it is just one among the many invention of the RC ... probably like Islam, they want to produce lots of "Christians" fast (without the consent; for Islam, with heavy penalty of refusal  ;D ) of the person ( the baby  ;D ) who can not decide for themselves. So, many RC thought, being a Christian is being born in an RC family - because they are baptized when they are still unaware of who they are!  ;D ... and this sacrament will give you a little inch higher out of the burning lake!

It's essential to understand the term "Godhead" as used in the bible before you can see what's wrong with the Roman Catholic concept of "Holy Trinity".

For example, Collosians 2:9 says, referring to Jesus:

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

This is the first time I heard of the use of Godhead instead of Trinity - but I think Godhead is more appropriate - given that I hold the fact that God can show Himself a number of ways (not just three, though He chose it to be just three) - thus Godhead speaks of the fullness of "being God" in any state!

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #954 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 10:59 AM »
Science may not have all the answers but it does not invalidate its findings and discoveries.

You are wrong my friend!  ;D  ;D  ;D

You are ascribing the Toxics and the Leftists as if they are the Science! THEY ARE NOT SCIENCE!  8)

The truth is that - the Toxics & the Leftists distorts Science & its reasoning methods!

Science can hold on to its own ... and it can prove its own ... if not today ... overtime ... as man gains more knowledge , methods , and discovery!

Sometimes, Science will provide answers ... Toxics & Leftists will just ignore it if those answers will not jibe with their axioms that "there is no GOD"!

Thus, these Toxics & Leftists avoid to ANSWER the scientific question posed on to their position

"What initiated the Big Bang?"

- they do not use Science as an answer!  ;D  
- instead, they use EXCUSES for an answer!  ;D  ;D ,
- then couple it with "PREACHING THIER IDEAS"  ;D  ;D  ;D

and where are the PROOFS ... nada (wala / non / zero)!
(No wonder many of these Toxics amd Leftists maintain their distance from the Big Bang! - baka ma-corner sila ng Scientific question!  :D )

Russels ideas are now considered debunked
... hawkins, from the beginning is already debunked ... by what? Scientific Method! ... and probably Philosophical Method (Logic)!
... Darwinianism and evolutionist scientists are just clinging to the research funds / money!  ;D to PREACH!  ;D  ;D

Read their EXCUSES!
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:12 AM by aHobbit »

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:11 AM »
aHobbit,

Di na kita maintindihan ;D

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:14 AM »
aHobbit,

aba eh, linawin mo ang hindi mo maintindihan, para magpaliwanagan tayo!  :) - mapag-uusapan naman natin ang mga bagay eh.

Peace!

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #957 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:16 AM »
aHobbit,

puro galit at poot ang nasa puso sa mga hindi katulad niya, mahilig mag-label - leftists, toxics atbp
very religious cya hahaha ;D

...at ikaw pa ang maglilinaw ng hindi mo maintindan, ohmygulay!

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #958 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:19 AM »

puro galit at poot ang nasa puso sa mga hindi katulad niya, mahilig mag-label - leftists, toxics atbp
very religious cya hahaha ;D

...at ikaw pa ang maglilinaw ng hindi mo maintindan, ohmygulay!

do you have any ideas to share?

(away kasi lagi hanap mo eh)...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #959 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 11:23 AM »

do you have any ideas to share?

(away kasi lagi hanap mo eh)...