Author Topic: Promac DVD player with HDMI  (Read 7024 times)

Offline dhitman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Promac DVD player with HDMI
« on: Jun 23, 2009 at 10:13 AM »
i just saw a promac dvd player with hdmi (forgot the model) at SM Megamall Appliance Center. It cost 2,183 Pesos but it doesn't include an HDMI cable. The assistant there told me that it is a new model of promac. Do you think it is worth buying? Im planning to buy a new dvd player because when im playing DVDs in my Playstation2 I can't get rid of the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen even on the 16:9 mode. My friend told me to get a real dvd player to get rid of it. Do you think this promac dvd player will solve my problem?

Or can you recommend a dvd player for a widescreen 32" lcd tv? my budget is 2k to 3k.

Offline jeff29jeff2002

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
Re: Promac DVD player with HDMI
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 10:54 PM »
+ 1 din ako dito..just seen this item also in SM Appliance..quite tempting to try..any reviews guys?
“It takes half your life before you discover life is a DIY project.”

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 10:59 PM »
I think yan lang ang kasya sa price range P3000 and below, and those models selling in Makro. Looks promising for the price.  May usb port that can play divx movies?

The Xtreme P3,300+ ata. The Nextbase and Toshiba DVD players with HDMI are P4500, Pioneer 610 and 420 P5500-6200.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2009 at 11:01 PM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline ATONG ANG

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM »
promac and union have same manufacturer

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 11:08 AM »
dati sa ansons i inquired about this, sabi ng promac salesman eh up to 720p lang daw ang upscaling nito nde daw kaya 1080i or 1080p.

dagdag ka na lang ng konti pwede kna buy xtreme or nakakita ako ng philips upscaling dvd player w/o USB around 3.5k (yung may USB kasi buy ko, 4.9k yun pero sulit kasi yung external hdd w/ lots of .avi movies eh kayang basahin)

Offline jeff29jeff2002

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 09:45 PM »
Mga sir,

Have anyone tryig buying this stuff? Ok ba reading capability nya? hindi ba namimili ng disk?

Jeff
“It takes half your life before you discover life is a DIY project.”

Offline melkeith

• Collector
  • Still a slacker.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM »
Saw this in SM Appliances Marikina last weekend, for around P 2.1k nga. The funny thing is, it looks exactly like the Xtreme 1080p HDMI player, except that its all-black while the Xtreme was all-silver.  The salesman claimed it could go as far as 1080p.  It also had a free HDMI cable.

Medyo na-turn off lang ako when the salesman said it was locally assembled from China parts.  Are the other generic brands done the same way?   ???

Offline ATONG ANG

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2009 at 03:43 AM »
yes, true. it is assembled in their plant along araneta ave. across damar.  one generic player is assembled in del pan. they are all using cheap china parts and lenses

Offline potatoman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2009 at 10:57 PM »
Mag-Minami ka na lang.  Am very happy with mine and even use it more often than my Sony DVD player.  Not sure if they already have players with HDMI, though. 

It's far from spectacular-looking but it gets the job done.  And it plays everything. :)

Offline gljhay

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2009 at 01:42 AM »
Just bought this brand yesterday so far so good, well resolution can be set up 1080p....

Offline lact0se

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 01:09 PM »
^ sir, na try mo bang mag-play ng 720p na divx? For example meron kang 720p na MKV file then convert mo sya to divx 720p kaya ba nya i-play?

Thanks...

Offline Yatten

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2010 at 08:09 AM »
naghahanap din ako ng cheap na dvd player with hdmi.  ;D
Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Offline weightlifter

• Apprentice
  • no pain no gain....geeky bodybuilders rule!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM »
naghahanap din ako ng cheap na dvd player with hdmi.  ;D

promac has an hdmi model at less than 1,900k without hdmi cable.
pensonic also has a similar machine at around 2100 with hdmi cable.

both are available at either sm appliance or sm hypermarkets.

the promac unit looks so much better.  the pensonic unit looks like it was assembled in a garage.

ill most likely purchase the promac and buy the hdmi cable from cdr king

Offline dfl

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2010 at 12:20 AM »
Tanong lang mga peeps. I've read somewhere here about the promac hdmi player looking exactly the same as the extreme hdmi player 9except that the promac is black and the extreme is silver) which happens to be out of stock in the market for a long time now. I think someone even suggested that they're actually the same except for the branding. i've read a lot of praises for the extreme brand but not the same for the promac. My question is has anyone tried both players and let me know if thye are really the same in terms of pq and other features? I am a student and my budget is tight but I dont wanna be buying the promac if it aint equal to the extreme player. Thanks a lot!

Offline basty_elmer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 12, 2010 at 07:40 PM »
Just bought this brand yesterday so far so good, well resolution can be set up 1080p....

sir how the performance ng unit mo....ok ba....

Im planning to buy promac do you have the exact model ?
is it PROMAC 1080u if im not mistaken?

TIA :)

Offline basty_elmer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 12, 2010 at 07:41 PM »
Tanong lang mga peeps. I've read somewhere here about the promac hdmi player looking exactly the same as the extreme hdmi player 9except that the promac is black and the extreme is silver) which happens to be out of stock in the market for a long time now. I think someone even suggested that they're actually the same except for the branding. i've read a lot of praises for the extreme brand but not the same for the promac. My question is has anyone tried both players and let me know if thye are really the same in terms of pq and other features? I am a student and my budget is tight but I dont wanna be buying the promac if it aint equal to the extreme player. Thanks a lot!

Offline basty_elmer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2010 at 06:25 PM »
@gljhay

so far ok ba unit mo ? im planning to get this PROMAC 1080u this weekend.....ok ba downmix DTS ? how about USB....nakakaplay kaya to ng MKV or AVI via USB?

ilang GIGs capacity ng USB Drive kaya nyang read?

I'm comparing PENSONIC HM-4396 and PROMAC 1080u ........

TIA ;)

Offline Dondieradcliffe

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM »
I bought this one from Raon, 1700php with one week replacement warranty and six months service warranty.  it can upscale up to 1080p... I test all those features written from the manual, and they are all working good. I like the "cd ripping capability" of this player where you can rip music from audio cd to your usb flash drive. The photo slideshow is very fast compare with my old xenon dvd player. but I don't expect too much from its life span as its price is unbelievable for its features and capabilities, just have in mind to consider this player as disposable rather than cheap. 6 months service warranty is good enough for it's price. hehehe   I will try later to play AVI files and MKV. 

Offline mangki

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 01:06 AM »
UP  :D

Offline carloloi16

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Kryptonian
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 03:35 AM »
@gljhay

so far ok ba unit mo ? im planning to get this PROMAC 1080u this weekend.....ok ba downmix DTS ? how about USB....nakakaplay kaya to ng MKV or AVI via USB?

ilang GIGs capacity ng USB Drive kaya nyang read?

I'm comparing PENSONIC HM-4396 and PROMAC 1080u ........

TIA ;)

same quetions here..