Author Topic: NBA 2009-2010  (Read 13065 times)

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NBA 2009-2010
« on: Jun 24, 2009 at 01:38 AM »
It's probably too early, BUT, since, we are seeing the first trade of the new season...why not.

According to Sources...
SPURS: Will get Richard Jefferson
BUCKS: Will get Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto

Plus, Bowen has a nonguaranteed contract for next season, so the Bucks could release him...and Bowen can return to San Antonio later.

YEAH!!! LUV IT!!! GO SPURS!!!

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: NBA 2009-2010
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2009 at 08:51 AM »
...Pistons to trade Amir Johnson to Bucks for Fabricio Oberto
...Wolves to trade Randy Foye, Mike Miller to Wizards for no. 5, E.Thomas, O.Pecherov and D.Songaila

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! Richard Jefferson to the Spurs...
-- http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/090623_jefferson.html
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2009 at 08:56 AM by geckoph »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM »
...The Suns have traded Shaquille O'Neal to the Cavs for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second-round pick and cash

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 01:51 PM »
^ Good stop gap measure for Cleveland for next season, IMO.  They weren't going anywhere with Ilgauskas and Wallace in the middle.  Even at his age, Shaq is still a presence.  Besides, I understand that he just has one year left on his contract, so it can keep Cleveland competitive in the meantime.  But I think it'll still be tough for them to compete in the East with the likes of Boston (with a healthy Garnett) and Orlando.  Should be interesting to see how the other East teams respond. 

Shaq + Kobe = 3 rings. 
Shaq + DWade = 1 ring. 
Shaq + Lebron =  ???
We deserve better.

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 02:38 PM »
...The Suns have traded Shaquille O'Neal to the Cavs for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second-round pick and cash
Well, we all know the direction of the Cavs. But how about the Suns? Both Ben & Sasha were ineffective
during the playoffs, so is this just an economic move? Steve Kerr seems to be like a headless chicken.
It seems the Suns will miss the playoffs again next season.
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline STRIKER

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 02:45 PM »
^   But I think it'll still be tough for them to compete in the East with the likes of Boston (with a healthy Garnett) and Orlando.  Should be interesting to see how the other East teams respond. 

boston is considering trading rondo and allen. i dont know how this would impact the team. they offered the 2 to detroit for price, hamilton, and another guy... just dont remember. still no reply from detroit's side.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 03:21 PM »
I don't think Boston would be foolish enough to trade Rondo, considering how he probably did it all for them in the playoffs (almost a triple double average). And they need Allen's shooting to open things up once KG and their other bigs get doubled down low. With Big Baby developing nicely and KG coming back, I think Boston is primed for another Finals run.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 03:26 PM »
Its a money saving move for the Suns.   Will save them more if Wallace decides to retire.   

Its a admission that they made a mistake in bringing in Shaq.   

For the Suns, the O'Neal trade is a straight salary dump. Pavlovic's $5 million dollar contract next season is only partially guaranteed for the amount of $1.5 million. Factor in the disparities in the contracts between Wallace, Pavlovic and Shaq and the team will save $4.5 million next season. However, when you factor in the savings they'll reap on the luxury tax, it will be closer to $10 million in savings. That savings can be amplified if Wallace decides to retire and the Suns buy him out of his contract for less than the $14 million he's owed next season.

The trade is a pretty strong admission by the Suns that the trade of Shawn Marion for Shaq in February of 2008 was a mistake. Marion was a free agent this summer and, had they let him walk, their savings would've been $21 million -- not the $5.5 million they're saving in this deal.
  -- Hollinger, ESPN

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 03:27 PM »
boston is considering trading rondo and allen. i dont know how this would impact the team. they offered the 2 to detroit for price, hamilton, and another guy... just dont remember. still no reply from detroit's side.

Dumars balked at the trade offer.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2009 at 03:28 PM by Munskie »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 03:34 PM »
Its a no lose situation for Shaq.

Cavs win a ring, and suddenly, there will be talk that he is the piece that let Wade and James earn their rings, and the 3 rings for Kobe.

Suddenly, Wade and Lebron has to prove they must win  without Shaq too.

Great for Shaq's enormous ego.

If Shaq and Lebron dont win one, it will just reinforce what we knew all along.   Shaq is old.

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 03:56 PM »
sana next season healthy na ang wizards, blazers and rockets. :)

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 04:34 PM »
teams that are under the radar eh magagaling yan and i think mas gusto nila na low profile sila for now para at least they can talk to other teams without much publicity tapos pag done na ang deal eh thats the time lang na mapapansin uli sila ng mga tao. :)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2193
« Reply #12 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 04:49 PM »
I don't think Boston would be foolish enough to trade Rondo, considering how he probably did it all for them in the playoffs (almost a triple double average). And they need Allen's shooting to open things up once KG and their other bigs get doubled down low. With Big Baby developing nicely and KG coming back, I think Boston is primed for another Finals run.

I totally agree with you on this. Boston should not mess up with their 1st 5 which gave them banner 17. In fact, even w/o Garnett, Magic almost lost to them in 7 games.

I still think Boston is deadset in getting their 18th title next year. It's gonna be interesting to watch how the Cavs would propers with Shaq though.

Boston vs Lakers = blockbuster finals
Cavs vs Lakers = blockbuster finals as well
let's just forget about the Magic for now... ;D

I am routing for Boston though!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline STRIKER

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 05:42 PM »
I don't think Boston would be foolish enough to trade Rondo, considering how he probably did it all for them in the playoffs (almost a triple double average).

sir.... just to let you know an offer was already sent to detroit. so they are foolish enough. tama si munskie.. dumars balked the trafe offer.

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 06:27 PM »
Lakers parin ako ;D
Sana madagdagan pa Lakers ng magaling... sana si Durant ;D ;D

Offline DaSilva

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 10:54 PM »
Cavs are not yet done reloading. They're trying to land a 4 (Charlie V & Sheed are in the running). Plus an athletic wing (2 or 3). Plus they're trying to move up in the draft. Dan Gilbert is on a spending spree

Offline scaglietti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM »
Pistons rejected Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Rodney Stuckey, Hamilton and Prince.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 05:29 AM »
...Magic trades Tony Battie, Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee to the Nets for Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson
...Warriors trade Jamal Crawford to the Hawks for Acie Law and Speedy Claxton
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 at 05:30 AM by geckoph »

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 05:51 AM »
...Magic trades Tony Battie, Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee to the Nets for Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson

The East will be exciting with all the trades going on.
Celtics will have a hard time with Magic and Cavs now.
Buti na lang nakapag-champion na si Kobe.
Lets Go! Lakers!

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 06:05 AM »
sir.... just to let you know an offer was already sent to detroit. so they are foolish enough. tama si munskie.. dumars balked the trafe offer.

Ainge must be smoking some funny cigarettes then coz you`d be high to trade a point guard of Rondo`s quality.

I`m not too crazy about that Vince Carter deal, especially if it included Courtney Lee. I mean, would you shove Hedo (if he re-signbs with them) at shooting guard and work with a frontcourt of Lewis and Vince? And Courtney Lee is a godsend to them at the guard position coz of his athleticism, shooting and active D. The Magic needed a real power forward coz Lewis and Turkuglu just wont cut it. They need another wide body to help Dwight box out and crowd the paint, and hell, someone other than Dwight to pass inside for scoring.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 06:16 AM »

I would like to amend the report to just "both teams, appears ready to trade"...
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 at 06:17 AM by geckoph »

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 06:25 AM »
I agree with Batts with losing Lee is going to be big with Orlando. Lee is a promising #2 guard who can defend. Carter's arrival (if it pushes through) will only be for good for one-run. I guess Smith was not thinking on a long-term basis, given the fact that Howard and Lewis and Nelson were signed to carry the Magic's future.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 06:48 AM »

It's Official...
-- http://www.nba.com/magic/news/blockbustertrade_carter_062509.html

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 06:54 AM »
I had the inkling that this would happen. I was not anticipating giving up Lee, though.

I just hope that Carter would do more good than harm on Magic's team chemistry. One itch-in-the-skull is if he can coexist with Dwight and Rashard in sharing the offensive load.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 07:10 AM »
At least Vince addresses the need for the Magic to get a slasher or a player that can create shots for himself by getting Vince. I hope they get Hedo back and challenge Boston and Cleveland (I so love the Shaq trade) for the East title.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #25 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 07:14 AM »
^ Agree with the comments so far about the wisdom of getting Carter for Orlando.  Didn't the series with LA expose Orlando's defensive weakness in the backcourt?  Lee (and to a certain extent, Alston) helped in that area.  I don't think Carter will.  Offense was not a problem.  Maybe they're not done dealing yet.

BTW, wala bang Draft telecast sa C/S 9 or C/S Origin?
We deserve better.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #26 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 07:28 AM »
SHAQ to CAVS :'( :'( :'(ginawa pang caregiver si LEBRON >:( >:(
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 07:38 AM »
The only thing Orlando can do is to develop Redick into a defensive stopper. He's not much of a use as a shooter--so I think he'll better be off as a perimeter defender. I don't know but I think there is love between Redick and Smith. They should've dealt him instead of Lee.

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #28 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 07:39 AM »
This is very exciting.

I like the move that Spurs did. They are really serious of challenging Lakers next season. The only questions are...how healthy will Duncan and Ginobili be next season? Do they still have the legs  to play against the younger players?

Wow! What is Ainge thinking about the Rondo and Allen going to Detroit? Though I wouldn't blame him for trading Allen, he's been very inconsistent especially in the last playoffs.

I don't know about the Shaq trade. Cavs is desperate to get another player to help LeBron but I don't think Shaq is the answer. Cavs just want to show LeBron how serious they are in winning the title next year so he won't leave them. Let see. Maybe Shaq still wants to prove something especially after Kobe and his company won the championship.  ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 at 07:41 AM by dyerds »

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 952
« Reply #29 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 08:02 AM »
Vince Carter is not the answer for the Magic IMHO. He needs the ball so much in order to be productive. Their future is already there with Howard, Hedo, Lewis plus good role players. The only thing that prevented them from being the NBA champions was the inability of the coaching staff to adjust to what the Lakers were doing on defense plus developing Howard to a more rounded player. If he has a go to move and could pass out of double teams plus drain those foul shots it couldve been different result altogether.

dapat ang tinaggal si SVG. his wrong decisions cost them a game or two during the finals.

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat