Author Topic: Slumdog Millionaire  (Read 1291 times)

Offline eckxs

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Collector
  • We run things, things don't run we.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Slumdog Millionaire
« on: Jun 26, 2009 at 05:37 PM »
 >:(  Oh no! Another one of those award winning films that Viva crapped out and made the dvd really bad! I mean, come on, it's so bad (the dvd, not the film) that I can't look at.

Let's start with the sleeves/inlay. So common. Like the movie poster, same thing.
Next, the VCD type quality. We all know that!! The DVD5 thing...
Then, there's the languages. Just plain Dolby Surround 2.0 and No subtitles.
Last but LEAST, the so-called-bonus features. They call that features?? More like garbage.

Here are the garbages:
Interview with Cast and Crew, Theatrical Trailer, Film Clips and Behind the Scenes. Almost all VIVA non-imported, cheap P375 VCD quality dvds are like that. Some are not even like that, no features at all; except for some who are granted a one-wish-only features. At least they're real features.

So please don't buy this when you see this piece of crap DVD in the stores. But, the movie was like WOW! I mean, WOW, man!! :)   So, okay.

THUMBS DOWN!!

Other dvds from Viva not worth buying and worth buying online:
Halloween
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
The Grudge 2

... and many more victims!! hahaha. might as well flush the owner of VIVA who keeps on distributing great films!! Poor! Poor! Poor!

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Re: Slumdog Millionaire
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 05:55 PM »
Hmm. I think 1408 is from C-Interactive.

Offline eckxs

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Collector
  • We run things, things don't run we.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2009 at 06:10 PM »
No, VIVA release. Buy 2 for P250 na nga, eh.

Offline shibby

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2009 at 07:53 PM »
OK, I bought this DVD just for the heck of it, I was surprised with what i saw. Slumdog Millionaire R3 Viva Release has an interactive menus, a subtitle, and it's not a VCD picture quality. But the Special Features is your typical VIVA Crappy Release. Though, i must say it's worth my Php 375 cash.  :)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2009 at 09:16 PM »
OK, I bought this DVD just for the heck of it, I was surprised with what i saw. Slumdog Millionaire R3 Viva Release has an interactive menus, a subtitle, and it's not a VCD picture quality. But the Special Features is your typical VIVA Crappy Release. Though, i must say it's worth my Php 375 cash.  :)

Improved version na?  ;D

Offline shibby

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM »
Yup MEDYO nag-improve na...pero still, right?  ;D

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM »
DVD5 pa rin ba?  It's written on the inner rim on backside of the disc.  eckxs says the first batch is without subtitle, so this new batch has it?  Is it accurate?  And lastly, anamorphic widescreen ba?

And any chances in thge cover layout from the first release.  I am still skeptical on this one.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline shibby

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM »
Well i bought this title when it first released here...around 3-4 weeks ago i think. It has subtitles. It's widescreen too, but i'm not sure if it's anamorphic. What do you mean by that? Sorry i'm not too technical with my DVDs. I think its DVD5 too.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM »
Well i bought this title when it first released here...around 3-4 weeks ago i think. It has subtitles. It's widescreen too, but i'm not sure if it's anamorphic. What do you mean by that? Sorry i'm not too technical with my DVDs. I think its DVD5 too.
If your TV is widescreen and the picture fills the left edge to the right (not top and bottom but left and right), then it's anamorphic.  If it's not anamorphic you would see black bars on all sides and the movie would only display in the center of the screen.  There's more about aspect ratio but irrelevant to the DVD at hand.

Detailed explanation here:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/Misc/anamorphic_dvd.htm

As to the DVD, glad you are happy with your purchase.  But if your TV is huge (40" and above), then you might see the difference between a DVD9 and DVD5.  Be sure to check out my list of Viva titles to avoid too.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.