Author Topic: LCD Pic Screenshot  (Read 1777 times)

Offline leumas

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LCD Pic Screenshot
« on: Jul 16, 2009 at 09:38 AM »
Hi! I would to ask members if they could please post screenshots of the movies playing in their lcd tvs/plamas? This might help people who are trying to decide which lcd tv/plasma to buy. And Could you please post the type of video source and tv model. I'm also one of those people having problem deciding which tv to buy. :D

Offline lilthug0119

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: LCD Pic Screenshot
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 09:52 AM »
I think it would be better if you audition the TV (LCD or Plasma) rather than looking at a picture. Baka kasi camera phone lng ang ginamit na pang-picture hence it would not look nice on the picture.  :)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 10:07 AM »
The picture will not be an accurate representation.

An LCD screenshot will look better than the real thing. 

But a plasma screenshot will look worse than the real thing.   

In real life, an LCD will look better in a bright room; a plasma will look better in a dark room.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM by barrister »

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM »
The picture will not be an accurate representation.

An LCD screenshot will look better than the real thing. 

But a plasma screenshot will look worse than the real thing.   

In real life, an LCD will look better in a bright room; a plasma will look better in a dark room.

Given the performance advantages of plasmas over lcd's, would this then be negated by placement in a bedroom against a wall which is accross the window?  Would the reflectiveness issue be such that I would be better served getting an LCD as opposed to a Plasma in this kind of set-up?

Offline leumas

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM »
I see. Thank you for the reply.   :D

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 11:03 AM »
Given the performance advantages of plasmas over lcd's, would this then be negated by placement in a bedroom against a wall which is accross the window? 

Yes, it will.  The bright light from across the screen will cause a dimmer picture with washed-out colors on a plasma.

Would the reflectiveness issue be such that I would be better served getting an LCD as opposed to a Plasma in this kind of set-up?

Yes, an LCD would be better.

But I wouldn't worry about relfections if I were you.  Notice that the highest-end LCDs these days are even more reflective than the high-end plasmas.

The primary factor to consider is the brightness of the ambient light.  Reflectivity is only secondary.

There's just no way around it.  If you want a great picture, get a dark room and a plasma.  If you're OK with less than great, a bright room and an LCD will do.  The kitchen TV should be an LCD.  The TV in the dedicated video room should be a plasma.

But don't take this as gospel truth.  The vast majority will prefer LCD no matter what anyone else says.  And that's fine with me.  LCD owners love their LCDs; plasma owners love their plasmas.  Everybody happy.  ;)

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM by barrister »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM »
Yes, it will.  The bright light from across the screen will cause a dimmer picture with washed-out colors on a plasma.

Yes, an LCD would be better.

But I wouldn't worry about relfections if I were you.  Notice that the highest-end LCDs these days are even more reflective than the high-end plasmas.

The primary factor to consider is the brightness of the ambient light.  Reflectivity is only secondary.

There's just no way around it.  If you want a great picture, get a dark room and a plasma.  If you're OK with less than great, a bright room and an LCD will do.  The kitchen TV should be an LCD.  The TV in the dedicated video room should be a plasma.

But don't take this as gospel truth.  The vast majority will prefer LCD no matter what anyone else says.  And that's fine with me.  LCD owners love their LCDs; plasma owners love their plasmas.  Everybody happy.  ;)

Thanks.  Definitely answered my concerns.  I guess LCDs for bedrooms/kitchen while plasma for the dedicated HT. 

Hope to hear your views soon on the 50c10... on the other thread of course. 

Offline francois

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • "Do or do not... There is no try!" ~Yoda
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 11:33 AM »
Sir Barrister,  Kumusta na yung new 50C10 mo? :)
HK245 - Wharf9.5/CS/9.1 - PSW110 - PioDV610 - Panny42C10

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM »
Dumating na mga sir.  Break-in pa lang ako ngayon, aabutin ng 10 days (10 hours a day lang kasi ako mag-break-in e).

I'm happy with it so far.

First, the bad news:  Hindi perfect ang screen uniformity when displaying a full-white screen.   Pero slight lang naman ang imperfection, hardly noticeable even with a full-white screen on.

Otherwise, the picture is very good.  Black levels are amazing (but still not Kuro-amazing ;)), and saturation is satisfying.  Phosphor lag is reduced (meron pa rin, but the green trail is now very hard to see on this model).

Kuwentuhan ko kayo pag natapos ang break-in.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM by barrister »

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 01:29 PM »
Dumating na mga sir.  Break-in pa lang ako ngayon, aabutin ng 10 days (10 hours a day lang kasi ako mag-break-in e).

I'm happy with it so far.

First, the bad news:  Hindi perfect ang screen uniformity when displaying a full-white screen.   Pero slight lang naman ang imperfection, hardly noticeable even with a full-white screen on.

Otherwise, the picture is very good.  Black levels are amazing (but still not Kuro-amazing ;)), and saturation is satisfying.  Phosphor lag is reduced (meron pa rin, but the green trail is now very hard to see on this model).

Kuwentuhan ko kayo pag natapos ang break-in.

OT na tayo dito pero how was the installation service of Panasonic Philippines?  May calibration/manual channeling service ba?  Did the unit come with a wall mount?

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 02:31 PM »
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2009 at 02:32 PM by barrister »