Author Topic: Kenwood P-24 Belt Driven Turntable  (Read 3006 times)

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Kenwood P-24 Belt Driven Turntable
« on: Mar 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM »
Guys im in the process of rehabilitating our old turntable.

Any experiences on this model?

Can i have the cartridge replaced?

Anu pa mga pwede ko gawain sa turntable na ito and how much kaya aabutin?

Kefq told me to get a Nad phono amp para magamit ko siya sa tube preamp ko.

Any other suggestions mga guys?

Nagloloko digicam ko kaya di ako maka upload ng pictures of the item. was googling for images pero no success pa as of now.

Thanks in advance sa mga inputs guys!

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Kenwood P-24 Belt Driven Turntable
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2009 at 06:14 PM »
up :)

Offline JAQY888

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2009 at 07:11 PM »

Bro. Ivann, how long has the TT been in storage? Considering that this TT is belt driven, you can first take a look at the belt if it's still ok. Although the belt may have been made of good quality, the length of time can have an effect on its elasticity.

Regarding your query as to the cartridge, these are readily available at our friendly audiophile stores. Kindly check if the stylus is still in place.  :D

Should there be a need for the cart to be replaced, it is suggested that you have someone qualified to install it as there is still need to check the correct weight (VTF) using a force gauge. There would be lots of choices for the cart, whether MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil).

Yup, as suggested by our good friend Dexter (kefq), you will need a phono pre-amplifier, if the AMX tube pre-amplifier you have now does not have a phono-in. 

The NAD PP3 (as pictured) is a good phono pre-amp. This amp may be small, but it does pack a punch.
I'm using that phono pre-amp as it has a USB function ... for recording LPs ....  :D

I may not have answered with precision your queries on the matter. Best option is to have the TT checked out so that you will have a clear picture what needs to be done thereon.

Good luck on your analog path.
Welcome to the "black pizza" club .....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2009 at 12:22 AM »
hi thanks for the post :)

its been in storage siguro for more than 5 years na. tested it using an LP of the supremes pero i tried hooking it up sa old mini component ko pero ayun, okay pa naman tumunog, pero mahina lang siya...

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 03:59 PM »
Yup, kelangan talaga ng phono preamp kung walang phono stage/input yung preamp/integrated amp/receiver to amplify and properly equalize the signal. Kaya siguro mahina siya sa mini compo.

I've seen entry level Rega turntables at 16-18k range baka kaya naman sa budget. :)

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2009 at 11:43 PM »
@stagea

thanks sir! :) pero sa ngayon medyo na put aside muna ang pagpasok ko sa world of TT :) HT muna at search ng mga cds and mga anime dvds na hard to find :)